Herb Grinders

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
You might try putting it in the freezer for about 5 minutes. I haven't tried it but I do that when my herb is too damp for a good grind. It makes the damp sticky stuff much more brittle and it grinds really easily. It might help in a similar way for your situation.

salivape

Newbie Vaporist here, do most dry their herb before grinding?The herb I get is usually cured well and always containing more moisture toward the center and when grinding does seem to clump together more and very little kif collecting.I figured in my combusting days I never purposely dried out my stash, the fresher the better, is it what most do ?

If your bud is wetter in the middle then its not been cured enough. I would dry it a bit if thats the case. The process of curing should give you a nice even dry.

salivape,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I especially look forward to your review.
I was given one of these a while back when they were available here on Amazon for 49.99
Correction... This tool was never 49.99.
I learned that the item was not actually ever released for sale through Amazon. I was misinformed by the person that gave me this grinder.
They were apparently trying to amaze me with the bargain they found (or pretended to find)

Vitolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Might have to get in on this, though I would really prefer a MassDrop price for the extra large version...:)

satyrday

Love my new red 4-piece Sharpstone grinder I got as a gift from a dear friend. Never had one with a window before, which really makes it easy to use.

Does a very quick and precise job and there's already a little kief gathering! :tup:

sharpstone20_zps052f50e9.jpg

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Hope they are going to mail out those SCS's that some of us bought through MassDrop soon. After years of primarily using Space Case grinders, I'm looking forward to my first Santa Cruz...:)

MD put up the small Santa Cruz yesterday, posting the information in the MD Thread the mods moved all conversations to.

S1N3,

Shrike

Should have my large SCS from the MassDrop sale on Monday, according to an email I just got today...can't wait to try it out! :)

Shrike,
Reactions: mvapes

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Just started using a 4pc small 1.5 inch Cosmic Today , really really nice . Smooth as silk , nice fine but fluffy grind . Got the Rasta model and just love the Lion of Judah on the top . A Good Buy .

Ralph

any body use or have a mama P's grinder? 5 time cannabis cup winner. $79.99 for silver and 150-250 for the colored ones. Supposedly the best on the market. Any insight?

Ralph,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Kinda big and expensive , has a lighter in the lid and an ash tray also a place to set one of their pipes .
Sort of made to go along with their Prometheus Pipe .

Last edited:

Tweek

That thing is massive...you could grind coffee in one. Still enjoying my SCS and just gave away my space case to a friend. Also found my very first grinder, while tidying up....a tiny, cheap aluminum one. It still had some kief in the bottom too :D

Edit: $150+ for a grinder is just ridiculous IMO.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
20121209_155848.jpg

Love my shredder - but I still use my sharpstone 4 piece from time to time. I also use the grinder grease that my buddy Stu sent to me a while back. Makes such a difference when using. I think alot of peoople including myself for the longest time don't realize how important grinder upkeep is.

Once a week I place my grinders (taken apart) and placed face down in a shallow pool of ISO. Then after a little while soaking I use hot water and a toothbrush and clean it from all the stickies.

Once dry and clean I add a little grease to the male side rim and my grinders NEVER get stuck anymore.

I use a coffee grinder for twigs and hard stuff before I use it for BHO.

SnidelyWhiplash

Just got a medium (so its labeled, must be a small, 2 1/8 inches) 4-piece black Santa Cruz Shredder on ebay from a seller named "waldolansky"
He had it listed at 67 OBO, I offered 55 (free shipping) and got it within a couple minutes. Cool. Or were there better deals anywhere else?

Last edited:
SnidelyWhiplash,
Reactions: ataxian

Shrike

MassDrop had a great deal recently....not sure what else is floating in the wind...:)

Shrike,

SnidelyWhiplash

Got my SC Shredder. Wow. Shit. It's kind of like a coffee grinder, you have no clue how important it is until you have a good one.

My advice to anyone that has a shitty grinder, cut the the chase and get one of these (3 piece). It's quite cleverly built, and I don't have my keef spraying all over my lap now (was using a volcano plastic grinder). I love how the top feels like a jar top. This thing will def save me herb as I will load more conservatively with it nicely pre-ground.

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Lately I've been tempted to splurge on a SCS but I can't justify that purchase at the moment because my Cosmic is still doin the job with no problems at all. Kinda wish I'd lose it somehow so I could upgrade to a Shredder (sorta like those cell phone commercials;))

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Lately I've been tempted to splurge on a SCS but I can't justify that purchase at the moment because my Cosmic is still doin the job with no problems at all. Kinda wish I'd lose it somehow so I could upgrade to a Shredder (sorta like those cell phone commercials;))
Maybe throw the cosmic up on the classifieds and jump on board the SCS train? ;)

Hexi

I'm thinking of replacing my 2 piece large, and 4 piece small with a Sharpstone with mill handle. But the "large" is only 3"
sharpstone_handmill_main.jpg

Hexi,
Top Bottom