Herb Grinders

Enchantre

Oil Painter
So, I've finally given my SCS an Iso bath.. just the upper two sections, as I have kief in the bottom.

I put them in a small dish, poured Iso over them, swished them around, then rinsed with water. Air dry. I'm saving the Iso in a jar for other cleanings, and eventually I'll evap it off. Probably in a few years, the way it looks now. ;)

Ricchini

The most under-rated part of the Santa Cruz Shredder is the threading system. It's impossible to cross thread this grinder. It's just such a nice easy, surefire experience every time you screw this thing back together (which is something that happens every single time you use your grinder). It repeatedly makes you feel great that you have a precision milled piece of machinery that's so well put together. Gives off the feeling of quality, like someone really put some thought into this and made it into a complete package, a complete good experience (top to bottom) every single time you use it.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Sorry to break the Santa Cruz Shredder chain, but I got a really cool grinder in today. I'm worried the holes might be a little too large for vaping consistency, but I'm not going to knock it before I try it out.

This is the Cali-Tree Green Shark, an upscale grinder that has a lot of really cool features. It's HUGE, but I REALLY like the idea of this spout. I have a feeling it'll make loading a vaporizer bowl/trench a piece of cake. You can see the nozzle system in the pics below, and it's also got a magnetic chain that is removable if desired that acts as a coin to help collect kief in the bottom chamber.

Pretty cool stuff, I was lucky enough to get one of the first prototypes and will throw up a review after this DaVinci Ascent hype is over!

photo32qz.jpg
photo31ng.jpg
screenshot20130609at311.png
screenshot20130609at311.png

Vitolo

Vaporist
I especially look forward to your review.
I was given one of these a while back when they were available here on Amazon for 49.99
It was good for me at first, but it was "clunky"
The spout made it difficult for me to hold and work with.
I felt that the holes were very big also.
(I turned the whole grinder and oriented it as a tire rolling.. and doubled the grind time to compensate)
I gave it to a community member, but always wondered if I was a bit hasty.
After your review, maybe I will give this guy another shot~

Vitolo

Vaporist
This one is a plastic grinder....
but, one that has some merit.
The MEDTAINER is a softer plastic with amazingly durable teeth.
Trust me, it does not replace a solid grinder by any means, but it is not bad.
Remember the Dragon Chewer "GrindTainer"?
It was OK but had issues.. for example the grinder portion was external, when it was used as a container!
This is all self contained and waterproof to boot.
They cost 10 bucks.
I got mine at Planetvape

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
I
It was OK but had issues.. for example the grinder portion was external, when it was used as a container!
They cost 10 bucks.
I got mine at Planetvape

I love my medtainer! I actually used it last night for some weird reason.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
They cost 10 bucks.
I got mine at Planetvape
[/media]

That's very impressive for a plastic grinder!

Yoshimattsu

I've been using a mini Sharpstone 4 pc. for the last 3 years and I think it's finally time for me to upgrade. I really appreciate everyone's insight and having a consolidated place to go to find reviews and info is really amazing! Anyways, I've decided to go with a Lg. Purple 4 pc. SCS and will post my impressions when it arrives! I can't wait!

EveryDayAmnesiac

I really need to thank whoever it was who who recommend the BLACK scs in order to really show the amount of kif in your bud. Unfortunately, I don't remember who it was and I'm too fucked up to find it. So thank you, whoever!

And I also want to mention that I've been using the grey mini scs until tonight. If you have only a mini, upgrade to a medium or large. The mini is great, but it really doesn't show off the truly luxury of the scs. I mean... my god. The moment I held my large 2-piece, I instantly loved it. It feels RIGHT. I just sat there spinning it, enjoying it, bonding with it. The mini does not do the scs justice, in my opinion. The moment you hold a large, you will feel the difference. The quality of the shred is only slightly better, if any... but the feel of it in your hands is worth it. God, it really is.

Ricchini

That Large Santa Cruz Shredder will blow your mind after using a mini grinder all this time. You could drop a whole cola in there and it would probably be able to handle it. Enjoy that sick purchase. Someone else posted a picture of that anodized purple and it was a really awesome color. I'm not a purple guy myself, but for that grinder, that shade of purple, I'd make an exception.

Yoshimattsu

For anyone who has ordered from SCS directly, do they usually update the package as "shipped" with tracking info, or does it just show up a couple days later to my surprise?

Yoshimattsu,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
For anyone who has ordered from SCS directly, do they usually update the package as "shipped" with tracking info, or does it just show up a couple days later to my surprise?

I ordered mine on the 7th, I got the initial tracking info on the 8th, it was picked up on the 11th, and now it is updating me by city with a projected delivery day of the 15th.

Yoshimattsu

I ordered mine on the 7th, I got the initial tracking info on the 8th, it was picked up on the 11th, and now it is updating me by city with a projected delivery day of the 15th.

Thank you for your reply! I ordered mine on the 11th, so I know I should just be patient. It's just that I'm spoiled by the speedy processing of online shopping in general, so I get antsy when I haven't heard anything by the following day lol.

Yoshimattsu,
Reactions: Pickz

EveryDayAmnesiac

I didn't receive any tracking. Ordered it last Friday, and it arrived on Thursday.

You'd think, if they're charging me $9.95 to ship one shredder, they could afford to remember to send me some tracking info. I mean... come on.

But I don't care about that now that I have it! :lol:

I should add that they did package it quite well.

Yoshimattsu

I didn't receive any tracking. Ordered it last Friday, and it arrived on Thursday.

You'd think, if they're charging me $9.95 to ship one shredder, they could afford to remember to send me some tracking info. I mean... come on.

But I don't care about that now that I have it! :lol:

I should add that they did package it quite well.

I have a feeling mine will come the same way, but like you said, at least i'll have it!

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
That Large Santa Cruz Shredder will blow your mind after using a mini grinder all this time. You could drop a whole cola in there and it would probably be able to handle it. Enjoy that sick purchase. Someone else posted a picture of that anodized purple and it was a really awesome color. I'm not a purple guy myself, but for that grinder, that shade of purple, I'd make an exception.

wow i just looked at the purple and it is super nice :mmmm:

exit

Well excuse me, Enchantre, but not all of us can live the hoity-toity lifestyle that is Amazon Prime.

Have a little patience for us plebeians, eh?

:razz:

I assume most people here are older... but if anyone here is still enrolled in a university or just still has an email address that ends in .edu, yuo get a year of free Prime

PS Mendo mulchers are still best ;)

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I assume most people here are older... but if anyone here is still enrolled in a university or just still has an email address that ends in .edu, yuo get a year of free Prime

PS Mendo mulchers are still best ;)

Sorry to be a little OT, but I'll check that out tomorrow because I do still. More on topic, my Shredder is supposed to be here tomorrow! I'll give my thoughts and compare my 2 piece shredder to my 2 piece space case even though that's been done to death.

Edit: just saw that mendo mulchers comment and I may eventually give in, but for now I'm good

Detonator

so I got a Sharpstone with the handle on it and it does well. But I hear a lot of people talking about the Santa Cruz Shredder and since I just found a great dispensary in Santa Cruz, and I have recently found a nice beach in Santa Cruz wear the locally didn't seam to mind me using my Solo openly on the beach while kickin back, I am thinking I want to know more about this shredder. Are the the best? I know it is often ya da ya da personal preference ya da ya da, but seriously there is all ways special things that stand out as being better than others. I haven't smoked in a while now so I am thinking of upgrading my grinder but really I like this clear top sharp stone with the handel, just want to know if there is something better

Detonator,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom