Herb Grinders

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
Hmmm dont be so quick to judge.

Believe it or not, when i first ordered from puffitup I ordered 2 of the mini oem grinders. ONE of them arrived with no magnet, and no thing in the middle for magnets to be put. It was a non magnet version, which I didnt know existed, I thought they all were magnetic. I then tested them both side by side, similar to the manner of your photo comparisons, and found the one with the magnet ground it up much more evenly.

Now, this may only affect such small grinders, but im not sure! it may affect any sized grinder.

Interesting, mine did not come with a magnet and I thought the opposite, that they were all non magnetic. Regardless it worked great using its grind in the purple days tonight.

jeffp,

CutePanda

The MFLB OEM grinder from Puffitup works great. My very first grinder was a 4pc small space case and it was perfect. Didn't like the 2pc space case titanium because it didn't have the storage compartment or kief catcher. I now own a sharpstone 4pc and it doesn't produce a fine or medium grind, but a rather large grind. It catches kief very well though.

CutePanda,

max

Out to lunch
jeffp said:
Nycdeisel said:
Hmmm dont be so quick to judge.

Believe it or not, when i first ordered from puffitup I ordered 2 of the mini oem grinders. ONE of them arrived with no magnet, and no thing in the middle for magnets to be put. It was a non magnet version, which I didnt know existed, I thought they all were magnetic. I then tested them both side by side, similar to the manner of your photo comparisons, and found the one with the magnet ground it up much more evenly.

Now, this may only affect such small grinders, but im not sure! it may affect any sized grinder.

Interesting, mine did not come with a magnet and I thought the opposite, that they were all non magnetic. Regardless it worked great using its grind in the purple days tonight.
Magnets don't affect the grind unless the design does away with some cutting edges you'd otherwise have. The MnB Nano has no magnet, and does a great job. My Head Chef grinder (same size) has a center magnet and performs the same. The small Mendo Mulcher (1.5"), with a magnet, does a poor job if a fine grind is what you're after. The teeth slice more than grind. After the initial cut, the grinder just spins, unless you redistribute the herb multiple times.

CutePanda said:
The MFLB OEM grinder from Puffitup works great.
I haven't tried this one, but those who have seem to really like it. It's not to be confused with the Puffitup 1.25" grinder. That one doesn't measure up to the MnB or Head Chef quality for a fine grind.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
In the case of the mini OEM grinder, those made without the magnet have a spot in the center that is vacant. The magnet pole itself acts to displace the herb from that area during grinding. NYC deisel (Deez0 can attest to the fact that if you get an OEM mini.. that has no magnet, and would like the magnet, all you need to do is contact the distributor, and they will send you out one with the magnet.
I never tried the Non-magnet version.. but for my MFLB, I swear by the OEM mini (I pregrind roughly , then use the OEM- that is my preferred method)

Vitolo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Thanks Vito, I should contact puffitup - a magnet would be better and I'm surprised that it's hit or miss regarding if you get one with or without.

*EDIT/UPDATE/INFO FROM PUFFITUP*

Hi jeff

the OEM grinders are a mix of magnets and without magnets, no idea why. The ones with the magnets aren't as popular because the grinder is small and the center magnet squishes herb and keeps the lid from shutting.

If you prefer the magnet version I will be happy to send you one

jeffp,

Vitolo

Vaporist
yvw. I would add the comment to my order "please be sure it has a magnet'.
Somewhat of a surprise that it is hit or miss.. this is true. Randy at Puffitup is aware of the difference, but it isn't always easy to inspect every piece that comes in personally.
PuffitUp will without doubt check the type of grinder if you are specific.

Vitolo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have to say puffitup is top notch - the replacement is already on the way. good advice about requesting one with a magnet when ordering - however Randy makes a valid point about the general preference of the non magnetic one.

jeffp,

PuffItUp

Retailer
Hey FC people.

We are listening to what is being said about the Grinders and will be working on that asap. For whatever reason the grinders come to us mixed with some magnets and some without. A lot of people are fans with the no magnet version because the grinder is small and it can get in the way, but on the other side of the coin many of you like them with the magnet.

Well.... We better give everyone what they want! There will be a update to the site today where you will be able to choose which version you prefer, that way you always get the grinder you want.

Thanks for all the comments, any criticism big or small is very appreciated. If anyone got a grinder from us and would like to swap it for a different version, email me Randy@puffitup.com and we will get that fixed for you.

-Randy

PuffItUp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Guess that's not close; a good friend of mine is a brilliant chiropractor in Tempe.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Thats awesome! one more plus for puffitup!

The first time I requested another with the magnet, they sent me one without, and while that was in my mailbox I was oblivious to the mail and asked about it again, they said they sent it out. then I end up with one more with magnet and one more without!

Great customer service for sure! that upgrade makes it much easier now.

Nycdeisel,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Ok, for some reason the search function won't let me search within a thread, and the general search just brings me to this thread on the whole.

There's no way I'm schrolling through this whole thing, so........

Has anyone used the SharpStone "HandMill" grinder, and what's your opinion please ?

TIA,
smokum

smokum,

Vitolo

Vaporist
When you use search.. there is an extra option that asks to search for "threads' or "posts" try "posts" for better directed results. (Don't know the handmill.. but I bet someone does)

Vitolo,

SmokingElectricity

SmokingElectricity,

stoney

Alex
Just got the 1.25 inch $6.99 grinder from the MFLB section on puffitup, the grind is really fine and perfect for the MFLB. I even got it to grind the hairs and bits from the second chamber of my 5 piece. :brow:

stoney,

Hammerzeit

I got a 1905 wooden grinder at the sask. cannabis cup and it just...wow. It turns smoother then my metal three piece.

Does anyone know if I could clean it enough to put in my luggage (not carry on) to take back to BC? :(

Hammerzeit,

Nycdeisel

SC FAMILY COMPLETED!
DSC038932.jpg

so here is the story on these three Space Case grinders. I got them in order, from left to right. The first one being a gray silver color, the second one being one from the charcoal/purple colored coated batches, and the small one, which I just got today at my LHS, is just black.
Each one of these grinders were called and labeled Titanium, even though its not actually pure titanium, they are all supposed to be "Ti SC's"

I will come back to say what I think of the small compared to the medium, as I only used my new one once so far.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Good morning. My feeling about the small SC is that less is more. It's more tidy and comfortable; I believe it grinds just a hair finer than the medium and it's only disadvantage is having to refill the grinder more often. That's fine by me. It may not be more better than the medium but it's more ergonomic. Great family photo and looking forward to reading your assessment.

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've been loving my space case grinder, but have come to realize that now that I have upgraded to "medical" quality herb, I don't feel the need to collect the kief anymore. I'm thinking of investing in a small SC for use with my Zap and LB. Seeing that it gives a finer grind than the medium is a plus.

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Mom, don't take my belief that the small grinds finer as gospel, it may not be the case - I've used my medium only a handful of times and it's just an impression. Wait til NYCDeisel provides a real analysis...

jeffp,
Top Bottom