Herb Grinders

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What do you actually do to get this - let the grinder soak in ISO and then let the ISO dry out for a day or two? This is incredible.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Thank you.. again. It's been bookmarked for future use. Herb truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

jeffp,

mlo4sho

SmokingElectricity said:
Cleaned my 3 main grinders last night...

Not a bad haul. A small piece of this mixed with a little bit of bud in the DBV will have you laid out. Can't wait till tonight to try some of this batch out.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8866/dscn0462n.jpg

That looks really, really nice. I have a question, though. How did you get it to such an oily consistency? Looks like straight hash oil. Whenever I have tried it, mine comes out looking light brownish and an almost powdery kief-like consistency. Is it just the amount of stuff gunked up in your grinder or is there a certain technique? I've only tried it like once or twice, but I'd like to be able to make stuff that looks like that.

mlo4sho,

SmokingElectricity

mlo4sho said:
SmokingElectricity said:
Cleaned my 3 main grinders last night...

Not a bad haul. A small piece of this mixed with a little bit of bud in the DBV will have you laid out. Can't wait till tonight to try some of this batch out.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8866/dscn0462n.jpg

That looks really, really nice. I have a question, though. How did you get it to such an oily consistency? Looks like straight hash oil. Whenever I have tried it, mine comes out looking light brownish and an almost powdery kief-like consistency. Is it just the amount of stuff gunked up in your grinder or is there a certain technique? I've only tried it like once or twice, but I'd like to be able to make stuff that looks like that.

It's possible that mine turns out this way because I let it evap over a boiling pot of water. It's sticky, but not so much that you cannot work with it with your fingers. I also did not strain it so there are still some plant particles in the mix, but this does not bother me since it goes straight into the DBV with some KB. Lasts for hours.

SmokingElectricity,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I strained my last batch, and the consistency came out much more solid than past efforts when I didn't strain the ISO. For some reason it is less gooey when you strain for particulate matter (I just used a double filtered coffee filter). It's much easier to work with this way, so I recommend straining. I let my ISO evap in a large pyrex dish in my garage. It took about 48 hours to totally evap about 16 ounces of ISO 91.

I find that my grinder ISO washes are much more productive than when I ISO soak all my glass.

:2c:

Stu,

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK, I have been stimulated to action!
Thanks for the push guys!
I gave all mini and small grinders and one space case medium grinder an Iso bath.
I left out the bottom pieces on the pollen collecting ones (although I did touch up the outer threads with a iso moist q-tip.. just to clean).
Photoon2011-07-06at1621.jpg

My dish of liquid gold evaporates now.. I can't wait to give you guys a report!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK.... results are in!
From around the edges of the evaporating dish, I got a clear tacky ball of the hardened oils, which I rolled in some keif from the pollen collector. The big pile is a crystal loaded pile of keif flakes, that is an unbelievable hual from cleaning my 5 smallest grinders!
Photoon2011-07-06at19192.jpg

I don't smoke, so I will be vaping this. The ball will be vaped in the morning in my SSV wand in a bed of weed that has had 2 good pulls and "stirs" (poked well into the center)
The flakes will be loaded on top of a wand of herb, quite shallow (1/8-1/4 inch) and not nestled in... just vaped!.
I will also save some flakes to suck in to my Zap stems on top of some herb, for that "zing" we all love!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

I would break mine up into many tiny slivers, using my finger nail usually. and suck it up after putting a tiny bit of herb in, and try to get it just a little bit of a looser pack then normal so it doesnt clog the already restricted path.

Nycdeisel,

friedricey

being human
I also just received my 2pc SpaceCase yesterday. The mailman just left it on top of my mailbox since it didn't fit the envelope hole and I'm very fortunate that someone didn't steal it...

I was a bit annoyed when I unknowingly purchased the non-magnetic one but nevertheless it still satisfies its purpose.

IMO the SC is a quality built product and the teeth are sharp as - it grinds everything like butter.

I recommend this product to anyone looking for a 2pc grinder. Just make sure you get the magnetic one though.

Just a beginner question, should I wash mynew SC grinder before using it???

friedricey,

Nycdeisel

YES.

Glad you asked, thats very important.

All new tools should be washed before use, like you would do with food utensils.

be sure it dries COMPLETELY as well so it doesnt grow mold

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'll interject my usual .. about firmly hanging onto each half of the unit, and drying it WELL as Deez said to do..
I do it using the aid of a "shop vac". Hold the grinder half well and suck at it with the Vac wand for a good few seconds.. to get any moisture out.
91% Iso is a cheap and fast cleaning liquid. I still always rinse with hot water.
Follow Deez's advice, about being sure it is dry!
Enjoy that grinder!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I now am sufferring "approach/avoidance conflict"
I finished my pile of keif flakes, and it was a wonderfully "baked" experience....
I have that ball of hash left.. and I don't wan't it to be gone.. so I am saving it and will vape some bud..... but my grinders that provided the hash and keif are so sparkly clean, I don't want to use them!
Decison time... get my grinders back into use, or get started on that chunk-o-hash?

Vitolo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Vitolo said:
I now am sufferring "approach/avoidance conflict"
I finished my pile of keif flakes, and it was a wonderfully "baked" experience....
I have that ball of hash left.. and I don't wan't it to be gone.. so I am saving it and will vape some bud..... but my grinders that provided the hash and keif are so sparkly clean, I don't want to use them!
Decison time... get my grinders back into use, or get started on that chunk-o-hash?

Yes!!!!!

chucku,

friedricey

being human
Thanks guys. Cleaned spotless.

Question, why is the base of the SC so heavy?

@Nyc, I ended up getting the ssfg 11" straight tube with the showerhead. Thanks for your advice, it is very appreciated. :)

I've been in contact with Allison from ssfg and their service has been responsive and helpful. The shipping to Australia is $30 which I thought was very cheap.

friedricey,

friedricey

being human
Nycdeisel said:
Cause its bigger then the top.

Hope you enjoy it! its a good choice, its my dd now :)

Well I'm using a grommet bong atm... and I can taste the rubber. I am certain I will enjoy it.

It's bigger but also has 1cm of added metal to the base. I thought there was like a functional purpose to it like cracking nuts.

friedricey,
Top Bottom