Herb Grinders

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
hmmmm..... hopefully Nycdeisel's review cld include some side by side ground up pics to see the difference in consistancy. That may be helpful.

I'm past the kief collecting stage of my alumn 4 piece cheapy, and my alumn 2 piece (another no name brand) just doesn't grind fine enough. So, I'd like to consider a Ti med sized grinder (large hands, lol) for my next purchase and interested to see the results above.

smokum,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have the aluminum small and Ti medium and I like the feel of the aluminum better for what it's worth. To be honest if it weren't for the cleaning issue I'd say the plastic volcano grinder is my #1 favorite. Because I haven't stumbled onto a good solution for cleaning a plastic grinder I've avoided using it.
Yeah I gave away my four piece CC to an unemployed friend, he thinks it's great and it is a very good grinder.
The small SC is very easy to clean - it's so small, you just drop both pieces in a zip lock filled with alcohol and let it sit for a little bit and it's as good as new.

jeffp,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Don't get rid of ALL kief collectors!
One day you may have some bud, just busting with crystals.
All grinders are not perfect for every kind of bud. I'm just saying don't throw the old ones out. :)

Vitolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
jeffp said:
To be honest if it weren't for the cleaning issue I'd say the plastic volcano grinder is my #1 favorite. Because I haven't stumbled onto a good solution for cleaning a plastic grinder I've avoided using it..........

What about this stuff;

http://www.vapeworld.com/nu-vape-vaporizer-cleaner

I've never really considered it as it's unviable with transatlantic shipping, but it might be OK for plastic?

I actually don't clean my Volcano grinder that often at all- it's pretty messy. But it does seem to buld up to a certain critical level and then doesn't seem to progress much worse beyond that.

WatTyler,

eddyfrancis

Or you could do the old trick where you stick a loaded grinder in the freezer for a while then take it out and grind up the frozen buds. The trichomes become brittle and fall right off the buds and you end up with a couple bowls of really pure kief!

eddyfrancis,

smokum

I'll get a kief box or do some dry ice bag shaken this grow.... enough of this teaser quantity grinder fluff for me haha.

smokum,

max

Out to lunch
WatTyler said:
jeffp said:
To be honest if it weren't for the cleaning issue I'd say the plastic volcano grinder is my #1 favorite. Because I haven't stumbled onto a good solution for cleaning a plastic grinder I've avoided using it..........

What about this stuff;

I've never really considered it as it's unviable with transatlantic shipping, but it might be OK for plastic?

I actually don't clean my Volcano grinder that often at all- it's pretty messy. But it does seem to buld up to a certain critical level and then doesn't seem to progress much worse beyond that.
Vape cleaner. Interesting. I'd recommend this for a grinder- Purlizer grinder cleaner - works well and a little goes a long way.

max,

smokum

Slick grinder, but the friggin Canadian market is a rip at $85 when the USA market has them at $45 from what I quick searched......

smokum,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Anyone else have any experience with Santa Cruz Shredder grinders? I was pouring through all my local headshops recently to try to find a grinder that would grind ultra fine to compliment my new mflb and the strongest contender based on tooth design was an SCS mini (the only SCS they had or id have a whole collection by now) so I decided to give it a shot.......in short I love it, much finer grind than my HC medium 2 piece or my Mendo Mulcher 4 piece, seeing as the company is fairly local to me I think ill be supporting them exclusively from now on......cant wait to get my hands on a bigger version.......also new to FC but have lurked for a couple months now, thanks for helping me make some good informed decisions on Vapes guys :) id have never given the mflb or EQ a shot if I had not read about them on here first. Cheers, happy vaping. Jesse B

SF Giant,

max

Out to lunch
smokum said:
Slick grinder, but the friggin Canadian market is a rip at $85 when the USA market has them at $45 from what I quick searched......
Shipping to anywhere in Canada is the same cost as to my location in the US. With shipping, it's $62+ to my state. In CA dollars it would be a few bucks less, so I can't figure out your cost of $85, unless it's a local reseller. Everyonedoesit.com has it for $10 less than the manuf., delivered. While the grinder is interesting and I'd love to try one out, that's way too pricy for me, for just a two piece design.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
max said:
WatTyler said:
jeffp said:

What about this stuff;

Vape cleaner. Interesting. I'd recommend this for a grinder- Purlizer grinder cleaner - works well and a little goes a long way.

Is Purlizer mild enough for a plastic grinder in your opinion Max?

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
PuffItUp said:
Hey FC people.

We are listening to what is being said about the Grinders and will be working on that asap. For whatever reason the grinders come to us mixed with some magnets and some without. A lot of people are fans with the no magnet version because the grinder is small and it can get in the way, but on the other side of the coin many of you like them with the magnet.

Well.... We better give everyone what they want! There will be a update to the site today where you will be able to choose which version you prefer, that way you always get the grinder you want.

Thanks for all the comments, any criticism big or small is very appreciated. If anyone got a grinder from us and would like to swap it for a different version, email me Randy@puffitup.com and we will get that fixed for you.

-Randy

Randy, I received the OEM grinder with the magnet today - thanks alot, that was very nice of you.....

jeffp,

smokum

I wasn't including shipping costs in my quick find of them to compare. But so far I havn't looked further at other online vendors yet either....

smokum,

treecityrnd

Nycdeisel said:
SC FAMILY COMPLETED!
You always have the best pics and videos NYC! I held a large SC 2-piece in my hands the other day and it felt huge compared to my medium & small. Which one do you use most? Can you get as fine a grind in the large compared to the medium/small?

treecityrnd,

Nycdeisel

No, I find the smaller it is, the easier it is to get a smaller grind.
I use the small one most nowadays. Its the perfect size for my needs at the moment :)

Nycdeisel,

chucku

Charles Urbane
It would be cool if a toque was included with the purchase of a Head Chef, say in green.

chucku,

max

Out to lunch
jeffp said:
max said:
WatTyler said:
What about this stuff;

Is Purlizer mild enough for a plastic grinder in your opinion Max?
It's advertised for metal or plastic. It's a cleaner but not a solvent, like alcohol. Says it's biologically recycleable. MixnBall says it's the only soap type cleaner you should use on their grinders, although alcohol is fine to use. I would think though, that something like Dawn would be OK on plastic too. I'd just scrub it well (and quickly) with a toothbrush and rinse off thoroughly.

max,

wizzoh

Charlie
Saw an ad for Sharpstone earlier on reddit, seems they've a deal going from now until Wednesday where you can get 20% off with a code (This code, in fact: Z64UNN01D4) on www.sharpstonegrinders.com

I just ordered one on Friday, so seeing a sale come up so soon isn't the most cheering of things, but I thought perhaps someone else could see use from it.

wizzoh,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
No, I find the smaller it is, the easier it is to get a smaller grind.
I use the small one most nowadays. Its the perfect size for my needs at the moment :)

Can you describe any difference in grind between the medium and small?

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^
I'd be interested in this too. I'm thinking of getting a small two piece. I'd like to know if there's much difference.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom