Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

OF

So far the fierce has been a champ.
I have been experimenting with the glass stem and have been enjoying using 2 basket screens like a Heat Island for extreme solo sessions.

Very interesting idea indeed. It traps a smaller load in the area heated by the top half of the cup? I wonder how much heat is picked up by the lower screen and conducted up to the bottom of the load....can't be much, SS being a poor conductor, but every bit helps.....

Wow, Folks, this really works well. @Vape Dr. told it true. I'm using a tiny load by my standards. I'm currently using about .08 (more or less to suit individuals?), trapped between the screens. You need to pay more attention to 'heat soaks' of course, give it plenty of time to recover the heat lost by a hit. It takes longer than normal with a larger load......go figure. But it works great if you play along. I'm able to completely exhaust the load in maybe 8 or ten hits, getting even extraction (as shown by ABV color), always a good sign. 20 seconds between seems a reliable number for now. Slow and easy, you'll be rewarded soon. I suggest you try it, even if your true interests are elsewhere.

Clever idea from the good Doctor! Useful.

And HR raised an interesting point with 'hearing clicks', the PWM. Listen carefully it changes rhythm but not tempo if I recall those terms right. That is it goes from 'tick..tock..............tick..tock......' to 'tick........tock.........tick........tock....." as it recovers heat between hits before reverting back to the 'short time' as it sits at idle, on temperature, waiting for the next hit. So it 'sounds different' based on when you listen? And it should change 'the beat' somewhat as the battery charge decays. Voltage makes a big difference here. To make math easy let's assume it's a one Ohm heater (probably less). At four Volts (mostly charged) that's four Amps (4 Volts divided by one Ohm) for 16 Watts (4 Volts times 4 Amps). But, at 3 Volts (flat) it 'only' 3 Amps for 9 Watts instead. It has to stay on nearly twice as long (77% more) to compensate. So what you hear depends in part on when you listen.

The other common scheme, PPM (Pulse Position Modulation) is what you see on Solo I 'in slow motion', also in your home heater and (most) electric stoves and ovens. There the heat is on for a more or less constant time but the time between cycles is a function of how fast heat is escaping the system (or is being consumed). The period changes. So here the tempo changes but not the rhythm? Fun stuff.

Thanks again VD Changes the nature of the beast for smaller sessions. 'Normal' production with a smaller load with nothing left over if you size the load appropriately. Always start with a fresh load......

OF

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I agree, the glass stem idea is a milestone. This one can be 'very Solo like' in that way, lots of options. And that puts it in very good company I think.

Word up: I actually just mailed my Solo II to a friend yesterday. The Solo II had better battery life and frankly I'm disappointed in the Fierce battery.

That said I prefer the flavor, draw resistance, and vapor quality of the Fierce. Combined with the versatility of the glass accessories and black mouthpiece I felt comfortable gifting the Solo II out of my collection to get my friend into vaping.

I do think HR should concoct a cover or attachment to make the Fierce portable with a glass stem. I get spoiled to the glass and I'm reluctant to use the black mouthpiece at home with the Fierce or Fury 2.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! We have a FIERCE update and Public Service Announcement:

We have prudently listened to all of your feedback over the last couple of weeks since releasing our FIERCE. Here are the upgrades and updates that we are implementing on our FIERCE based on a potential power failure issue and your valuable feedback:

1. Our engineers have already identified and resolved the power failure issue that has affected some of our FIERCE units. There is a certain sequence of button presses that is triggering a unit shutdown. This is a software issue that requires an update to the software.
2. The culprit of an initial smell is the internal silicone seal at the bottom of the unit that isolates the air path from the electronics. We are solving this issue by remaking and replacing this seal.
3. We have upgraded our foam packaging materials.

We had a lengthy team meeting yesterday and here is what we consider to be the best course of action for our FIERCE owners:
We will be shipping you all a new FIERCE replacement as a precautionary measure. We do ask that you return your FIERCE (BODY & BATTERY ONLY) so that we do not have any FIERCE units floating around that have not been upgraded. For this inconvenience - we will be offering you a choice of the following as a free gift: a bent glass mouthpiece, a glass WPA, or a set of dosing capsules.

We will be sending an email with instructions on how to return your FIERCE to receive a new replacement along with your free gift. These updates to the software and upgrades will take us approximately three weeks. We will be shipping your replacement unit at that time. Please carefully follow the replacement instructions in the email.

*Clients who have not yet received their FIERCE preorder/order will also be receiving an email from us. Your complete order will be processed and shipped in approximately three weeks as well.

We sincerely apologize for this unforeseen setback. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we are carefully and swiftly taking every measure to ensure that you have a trouble-free and amazing FIERCE that you can enjoy for years to come :).

Sincerely,
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

Meach

Seriously @HealthyRips.com you guys just are constantly setting the bar for customer serivce and great products...i have had no issues with my force since day one..its so reassuring to see the presence and service these guys/gals are offering...kudos HR Team. I recommended your products to my friends all the time.

OF

1. Our engineers have already identified and resolved the power failure issue that has affected some of our FIERCE units. There is a certain sequence of button presses that is triggering a unit shutdown. This is a software issue that requires an update to the software.

Bummer for sure, the sort of stuff basically impossible to predict and hard to ferret out. Kudos for getting on top of it so promptly. Not happening is better, of course, but how such things are dealt with show 'true colors' at such times.

Just so we can continue to enjoy our FIERCEs can you tell us what the fatal "certain sequence of button presses that is triggering a unit shutdown" is? I'm sure we'd like to avoid 'bricking' our vapes before replacements are available.

Your call, of course, but I believe such a specific warning would be most welcome?

OF

bluesith

Do the folks that are still waiting for their device and are now delayed further get a free gift also?
Very glad you've found the problems tho.
Is there no way for users who have their device to update the software themselves?

Cheers

ShedDweller

Wow. That is fantastic customer service!

I had my first session with it yesterday and I was surprised at how good the extraction was. Because there is so much convection I feel like almost nothing is being wasted. It seems to be incredibly efficient through the glass WPA. I ran at 195C for a bit to get some decent flavour then kicked it up to 215C through water. The AVB came out looking a very even mid brown colour. Perfect!

In short, from first impressions I love it. The overall design is brilliant and as other people have mentioned it rips like a champ.

Mr. Shrute

My Fierce went into permanent paperweight mode yesterday evening. After multiple delays in the product launch with the promise of a flawless device, including a specific delay for ‘extreme testing’ (what went into that process BTW given the number of dead devices out there?) I couldn’t be more frustrated.
Kudos to the people here on FC for their positivity and support for a company who had to recall a highly anticipated product two weeks after launch. It really shows the power of prompt Customer Service replies despite a miserable product experience for many..
Cheers (or should I say jeers for me as I am now once again Fierce-less)

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Not sure whether I'm glad or upset that I cancelled my Fierce pre-order before the inaugural ship date. I am upbeat however about how HR is handling this with honest, direct and timely communication. It's no small undertaking with hundreds of units in the wild but I'm sure they and us will come out better at the end for it. Perhaps I'll again order a Fierce soon, soon, soon, soon...

@bluesith Have you or anyone connected the Fierce to a computer? If the device is recognized there's a chance a software update could be made to it however I think it's doubtful and I wouldn't try it without the requisite software installed on the computer to enact such a change. Just my two cents and my computer science background being, well, logical.

Vaporific,
Reactions: Vitolo

Baron23

Hi All! We have a FIERCE update and Public Service Announcement:

We have prudently listened to all of your feedback over the last couple of weeks since releasing our FIERCE. Here are the upgrades and updates that we are implementing on our FIERCE based on a potential power failure issue and your valuable feedback:

2. The culprit of an initial smell is the internal silicone seal at the bottom of the unit that isolates the air path from the electronics. We are solving this issue by remaking and replacing this seal.
3. We have upgraded our foam packaging materials.

We had a lengthy team meeting yesterday and here is what we consider to be the best course of action for our FIERCE owners:
We will be shipping you all a new FIERCE replacement as a precautionary measure. We do ask that you return your FIERCE (BODY & BATTERY ONLY) so that we do not have any FIERCE units floating around that have not been upgraded. For this inconvenience - we will be offering you a choice of the following as a free gift: a bent glass mouthpiece, a glass WPA, or a set of dosing capsules.

We will be sending an email with instructions on how to return your FIERCE to receive a new replacement along with your free gift. These updates to the software and upgrades will take us approximately three weeks. We will be shipping your replacement unit at that time. Please carefully follow the replacement instructions in the email.

*Clients who have not yet received their FIERCE preorder/order will also be receiving an email from us. Your complete order will be processed and shipped in approximately three weeks as well.

We sincerely apologize for this unforeseen setback. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we are carefully and swiftly taking every measure to ensure that you have a trouble-free and amazing FIERCE that you can enjoy for years to come :).

Sincerely,
Healthy Rips Team
Great transparency. :tup::clap::nod:

bluesith

Not sure whether I'm glad or upset that I cancelled my Fierce pre-order before the inaugural ship date. I am upbeat however about how HR is handling this with honest, direct and timely communication. It's no small undertaking with hundreds of units in the wild but I'm sure they and us will come out better at the end for it. Perhaps I'll again order a Fierce soon, soon, soon, soon...

@bluesith Have you or anyone connected the Fierce to a computer? If the device is recognized there's a chance a software update could be made to it however I think it's doubtful and I wouldn't try it without the requisite software installed on the computer to enact such a change. Just my two cents and my computer science background being, well, logical.
No I don't have one , I was just curious if it could be done . My thinking was if the software is wrong , what's to stop there being another bug later on that needs another return . Solvable if we could do that ourselves.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So we should wait two or three weeks before mailing our preorder body and battery back to HR since that's the time frame for the new ones?

And my current Fierce is safe to use despite the stinky silicone in point number 2?

I'm down for whatever gets us all upgraded, just getting clarity on the details.

OF

So we should wait two or three weeks before mailing our preorder body and battery back to HR since that's the time frame for the new ones?

About ten posts up, where HR announced this, it says:

So I suggest watching your inbox (or this thread for an early 'heads up') in 3 weeks or so? That's my plan anyway.

OF

Urahara

I asked HR if the unit should be turned in asap or wait 3 weeks, their reply was:

"Please send the unit as soon as you can - this will expedite the replacement process. We will most likely have the new upgraded and updated FIERCE units completed and ready to ship in a couple of weeks."

Honestly my Fierce works and waiting 3 weeks without a Fierce seems a bit much. I think I'll wait a bit before rushing off to be without.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I have my Fierce packed up and ready to go out with tomorrow’s mail. I was still tasting a bit of plastic, or whatever it is, and thought I wasn’t being patient enough for the bad taste to go away. I am more than fine with being without it for a few weeks if it means it will come back with better flavor. (And I have plenty of backups to hold me over!)

I was in the process of testing it out and thought I’d give you guys a few findings that will probably be similar with the new one:

I was able to get 68 minutes of use from the battery. It came out to 17 4 minute sessions. This is compared to about 28 minutes of use with my year old Fury 2 (just over 7 sessions).
To me, that is a great battery life - more than enough for my needs.

To heat up from cold to 365F it took between 36-44 seconds (the 44 was the last run when Battery was very low)
To heat up from cold to 395F it took between 39-46 seconds
To heat up from cold to 425F it took between 47-57 seconds
These results were about 10-15 seconds longer than the F2 heat up times.

I found extraction/efficiency to be great with the Fierce - surprisingly even a little better than my F2.
With the same amount of goods, I was getting a few extra hits out the Fierce. However, I wasn’t able to test small amounts (under .1 g) b/c the bad taste was more noticeable with small amounts. When the new one arrives, I will test.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have 2 Fierce Bundles, and have also 2 "Bodies with Batteries" Boxed to go tomorrow.
I wrote to @HealthyRips.com at "HR by GC" to let them know what gifts I would want with the two new units.
Color me VERY darned impressed that I got acknowledgement to the request by email back on the same day sent out (Sunday), and that the company gets 5 stars for communication, besides all of the stars that I can assign to them for their professional course of action in this matter.
Thank you @HealthyRips.com for all you do and have done.
I am proud to feel that I am involved with such a group!

Any Canucks here? Just got my fierce today and was wondering if any of you have shipped it back and how much was shipping? Did some burnoffs but haven't tested it yet.

Revere

Has anyone heard if the extra battery and charging dock(for those of us that ordered that package) shipped yet? I thought they were supposed to ship by Oct. 20th.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Has anyone heard if the extra battery and charging dock(for those of us that ordered that package) shipped yet? I thought they were supposed to ship by Oct. 20th.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-fierce.26457/page-24#post-1316707

Last week (before the exchange announcement,) HR confirmed that batteries and docks were supposed to have started shipping today. I'm assuming they will hold off on shipping these until the exchange process is sorted out for the vapes themselves.

StonerSloth,
Reactions: LesPlenty

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Last week (before the exchange announcement,) HR confirmed that batteries and docks were supposed to have started shipping today. I'm assuming they will hold off on shipping these until the exchange process is sorted out for the vapes themselves.
Hi! We apologize for the confusion. Where applicable, we will be shipping your charging dock, extra battery, extra battery door screw, and free gift along with your replacement FIERCE.

Also, if there is any question, we will need your FIERCE returned before we can ship your new replacement. Sorry - but this is the only way we can keep track of these original units and ensure that none of them are still out in the wild.

Have a nice week everyone!
Healthy Rips Team

Last edited:

Urahara

Hi! We apologize for the confusion. Where applicable, we will be shipping your charging dock, extra battery, extra battery door screw, and free gift along with your replacement FIERCE.

Also, if there is any question, we will need your FIERCE returned before we can ship your new replacement. Sorry - but this is the only way we can keep track of these original units and ensure that none of them are still out in the wild.

Have a nice week everyone!
Healthy Rips Team

Any update on when you'll get your hands on version 2? I'd like to send mine back close to when you'll get them so I don't go without for too long.

MonkeyTime

@HealthyRips.com would you consider releasing a glass WPA with just a simple 14mm or 18mm tapered glass connection? There are a number of disadvantages to the universal 10/14/18 adapter, the first of which is cleaning!

Thanks!
I'll agree, but for me the 10mm neck doesn't let it seat in my Orbiter, such a shame too, I think they'd pair very well.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom