Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

Mikey

Glad you're enjoying yours, I agree the most objectionable smell was on the outside. I threw out the packaging and 'aired' the unit out when not in use and all is jake now. I wonder if a ISO wipe down might hasten that?

Thanks for the confirmation, I think the screens are a useful plus in performance, and plenty cheap and easy to try.

Your willingness to sacrifice, session after session after session, for our benefit is truly inspirational. Bully..

OF
Ok you and vape dr. Have sold me on the screens inside the glass mouth piece. Will the fury 2 chamber screens work, or do you think they are too big?

OF

Ok you and vape dr. Have sold me on the screens inside the glass mouth piece. Will the fury 2 chamber screens work, or do you think they are too big?

Ya got me confused here, Fury is smaller in diameter than FIERCE by a lot. No way a screen from F2 would be too big, they will be too small?

For domed screens in FIERCE the ones I linked to above work fine if you carefully put them in (they are designed for Solo/Air which is a bit bigger still. AFAIK all screens supplied by HR are flat? if you want to try making a domed screen for FIERCE I'd suggest 5//8 inch ones, same as Solo/Air.

OF

wx6896

My Fierce just died...1 week and now it's dead. Won't turn on and the display doesnt light up, just a paperweight. Mine was clicking near the bottom when it was on since I unboxed it, not sure if that had something to do with it. Anybody else have the clicking issue?

I have noticed a clicking noise on mine, but haven't had any issues so far. Wonder if it's indicative of problems down the line. I'm definitely not a heavy user at all. Usually only once or twice a week with some friends... I guess only time will tell, but it seems like Healthy Rips will take care of those with issues.

VivaVape

Hey Guys, this is my first vape! No robo smell to speak of. Convenience is off the charts great. The only thing I’m not getting are those clouds. What technique is the best to be a cloud producer? I’ve been vaping at 420, waiting 15-20 seconds after reaching temp to draw. I guess I don’t expect combustion clouds, but it would be nice to see some healthy vapor. I love this technology! Thanks HR and the FC community!

C No Ego

Hey Guys, this is my first vape! No robo smell to speak of. Convenience is off the charts great. The only thing I’m not getting are those clouds. What technique is the best to be a cloud producer? I’ve been vaping at 420, waiting 15-20 seconds after reaching temp to draw. I guess I don’t expect combustion clouds, but it would be nice to see some healthy vapor. I love this technology! Thanks HR and the FC community!
temp step usually works great. like starting @ 375 and vaping a while them bump up temp 10 or 15 degrees. after a while you can naturally tell when that heat set point reaches its apex in vape accumulation and need to step up. for a session vape this works great and IMO introduces the active compounds better than just going @ a higher temp up front. flavor too, starting low provides that flavor aspect etc....
Also, blow your vapor toward a window or a light and see that Blue vapor pouring out... it is not as heavy as smolder by far but is there

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
If you’re using the standard (Black) mouthpiece check the o-ring/screen seal & make sure it fits correctly. Incorrectly seated it could leak some air and cause less clouds. I’m not a cloud chaser but noticed an early incident with it on my Fury - no problems since. If you’re using WPA or glass I’d also check their connections too but I don’t use either at the moment...

Mulehead

Well another one bites the dust, after a week of just moderate use. I received my Tera upgrade a week before the Fierce, so I’ve been alternating between the two. It died midsession last night and wouldn’t power back up, pulled battery, tried charging...got nothing. Not sure it’s related but I could hear clicking coming from my unit as well.

Edit: HR team has already replied to my email and sent me return instructions, and will be sending me a new replacement from the current production run. Outstanding customer support is truly consistent with this company.

Last edited:
temp step usually works great. like starting @ 375 and vaping a while them bump up temp 10 or 15 degrees. after a while you can naturally tell when that heat set point reaches its apex in vape accumulation and need to step up.

When you change the temperature does your unit start from the last set point OR does it start climbing from a lower temperature? For example if it's set at 375 and you step it up a few degrees, does the indicator start at 375 or does it drop to a lower temperature and then start climbing again?

C No Ego

When you change the temperature does your unit start from the last set point OR does it start climbing from a lower temperature? For example if it's set at 375 and you step it up a few degrees, does the indicator start at 375 or does it drop to a lower temperature and then start climbing again?
it restarts @ whichever heat set point you have it @ when it turns off last... What I like to do next sesh is to let it heat to max heat then manual decrease temp back down to 375... this gives it a little extra boost to start the sesh quickly... could over time be harder on the vape though so do so with caution .
Oh, i see what you are saying... I do not pay attention to what heat the setting shows just the one that shows where it is heading when I turn it up 10 degrees or so

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
If I put my fierce next to my ear I can hear clicking as well.

So far so good though I am charging it through the unit FWIW.

Yeah...the Fury does it as well...sounds to me, like @Spelaeus said above, a heater (metal?) "pinging" as it warms.

I can only hear it with the Fury if I hold the mp up to my ear canal...which is not normally how I use the Fury...for some reason I just can't get my ear to inhale a damn thing! :rofl:

/

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! Regarding the faint ticking sound - you will hear this on all of our vaporizers. The sound is normal – it is the heater firing and may be slightly quieter on some than others. It's called PWM (Pulse Width Modulation). The heater circuit is turning on and off very rapidly to accurately control the heating element to keep it at the precise temperature.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
@HealthyRips.com

Do you have a ship date for the external batteries and battery chargers? I think your last update said they were held up at customs?

Thanks!
Hi, Thank you for your question! We have the batteries now and we will have the charging docks on Monday. We will be shipping them on Tuesday.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

Vape Dr.

So far the fierce has been a champ.
I have been experimenting with the glass stem and have been enjoying using 2 basket screens like a Heat Island for extreme solo sessions.
PE2imUi.jpg

OF

So far the fierce has been a champ.
I have been experimenting with the glass stem and have been enjoying using 2 basket screens like a Heat Island for extreme solo sessions.
PE2imUi.jpg

Very interesting idea indeed. It traps a smaller load in the area heated by the top half of the cup? I wonder how much heat is picked up by the lower screen and conducted up to the bottom of the load....can't be much, SS being a poor conductor, but every bit helps.....

I'm not sure what you mean by "extreme solo sessions". since you didn't capitalize 'solo' I'm guessing you mean 'sessions by yourself alone' as opposed to being like Solo? I'm guessing a load size of maybe a bit under .2 grams?

TIA

Glad you're enjoying FIERCE, I think it has a lot to offer. I'll have to check this technique out.

OF

Vape Dr.

@OF yes by solo sessions I did mean a session by myself.

The chamber is so large on the fierce it is fantastic for group sessions.

While testing I do a lot of sessions by myself and it is great how versatile the glass stems can be!

I really hope @HealthyRips.com adopts this idea for the Fury 3????

That would be absolutely amazing!:tup:

Rj476

I'm very pleased with the Fierce, and you'd better believe I was anxiously awaiting it! It's been putting in excellent work so far. I love the glass mouthpiece, and the dosing capsules are super useful too. The flavor is truly amazing (after getting rid of that infamous packaging smell). So far the AVB has been even and very consistent. The heat-up time is quick and the session timer is a nice way to monitor it. After a heavy session the body gets pretty hot as well. It's nothing unbearable, but it's hot nonetheless.

The smellproof cap fits nicely over the native mouthpiece after a little break-in period. At first it had a tendency to grab on to the mouthpiece and pull it off. After a little bit of use this was fine and no longer happened.

I do wish though that it fit over the glass stem as this is the mouthpiece I prefer. Perhaps if it was raised just a little bit to accomodate the stem.

I find the display screen to be a bit too bright when it's dark. A stealth mode where the screen can be turned off or brightness controls would be amazing.

And maybe I'm being paranoid but the clicking on my device seems to be getting louder and faster?

After the very painful (but necessary) delays, the Fierce has performed impressively well so far. I can say without doubt that I am a satisfied customer. On top of it all, I'm glad to see that HR is taking such an active and transparent role in their follow-up of the launch. It really shows off their remarkable customer service.

With all that in mind, I look forward to what Healthy Rips and the amazing Fierce will bring!

OF

@OF yes by solo sessions I did mean a session by myself.

The chamber is so large on the fierce it is fantastic for group sessions.

While testing I do a lot of sessions by myself and it is great how versatile the glass stems can be!

First, thanks for sorting that out, important detail.

The second statement is profound to me, really. Having never tried it in a group, that had never been considered. It may very well be 'just the tool' for slightly different job, which is cool of course. Perception problem on my end..... Only one way to confirm it, haul it and say the WT adapter stem over to a friends house next time we get together and see what happens. Typically 3 or 4 of us. Fun test, I bet. Thanks very much for the insight, I wasn't being objective enough, despite intending to do so it seems.

For some guys it might be a case of 'finally, enough vapor', but personally for typical 'sipping' sessions, it's more than necessary.

I agree, the glass stem idea is a milestone. This one can be 'very Solo like' in that way, lots of options. And that puts it in very good company I think.

I'm wondering about the Dosing Capsules, they might be 'just the ticket' bumped up a bit?

Regards to all.

OF

ShedDweller

Finally got my fierce. Must be one of the first international users to get one.

Just done some burnoffs and some dry pulls. Even after 3 back to back max temp, max session timing burnoffs it isn't getting that hot. It's warm for sure but not hot. I imagine it will be really nice to warm up my hands on a cold winters day.

First impressions: this thing is sturdy. It feels very good to hold, really solid build quality. Fits in my pocket nicely, can definitely see me taking this outside a lot. The metal alloy build is super nice tbh, it feels like a high end vape.

On the dry pulls the stock mouthpiece has a definite new car taste, it's actually not that unpleasant although I'm glad it fades after a while.
The bent glass does not have the same taste out of the box, barely any taste at all on a dry pull. This will be my go to option at home probably.

Unfortunately there is a hair line crack in the bent glass near the top. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse over time because ordering a new one internationally will take a while.

Top Bottom