Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

Vape Dr.

So....I was in the middle of a fierce water pipe session and figured I'd record it to get some content out there.

This was spur a of the moment thought but it shows the efficiency very well.

I will have better more comprehensive videos to come soon.
This is just a little taste of the fierce with some Berry White with a slightly modified @HealthyRips.com WPA.

Enjoi! :)

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
So....I was in the middle of a fierce water pipe session and figured I'd record it to get some content out there.

This was spur a of the moment thought but it shows the efficiency very well.

I will have better more comprehensive videos to come soon.
This is just a little taste of the fierce with some Berry White with a slightly modified @HealthyRips.com WPA.

Enjoi! :)

Damn dude, your vape station is even messier than mine. #madrespect

:peace:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
striving hard to look after their customers properly
Looks like the early adopters are going to end up with lots of free goodies for their patience, lucky buggers, if I lived in the US, I would have been all aboard too, but I will wait until the Aussie distributor gets them, hopefully in time for the Black Friday sales, if I can wait that long!

Meach

There are a number of disadvantages to the universal 10/14/18 adapter, the first of which is cleaning!

Thanks!

I know the wpa adapters can be a pain to keep clean but making one universal vs 3 seperate ones i can only imagine saves the company time money and resources...for the price of them.. i normally buy 2 have one always clean and one in use...so when the other gets too dirty...use the clean one..soak the old on in iso..and just cycle them.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I like to use these for my smaller/skinny items,
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Plastic...5f0bdbbb:m:mSIpEee5NrVz3Eh-NW5sAKQ:rk:18:pf:0
s-l64.jpg

I have a piece of wood with a hole drilled in it that enables me to dangle my test tube filled with Iso in my ultrasonic cleaner that is filled with water. Once it has run for 20-30 minutes I will take the item out of the test tube and drop it into the ultrasonic cleaner water for another run to get rid of the Iso, remove and dry,-good as new.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: OF

Mr. Shrute

Looks like the early adopters are going to end up with lots of free goodies for their patience, lucky buggers, if I lived in the US, I would have been all aboard too, but I will wait until the Aussie distributor gets them, hopefully in time for the Black Friday sales, if I can wait that long!

Ugh I definitely didn’t feel lucky after my Fierce died after just one week of use. It almost seemed like a cruel trick to put this amazing long awaited device in my hands then lose it as an option just as I was getting rid of that silicone stank..

After my initial anger/frustration wore off I decided to focus on the positives. The Fierce is an incredible device based on my limited experience—larger battery, larger bowl (if desired), great flavor and extraction. Exactly what I was looking for to complement my Fury/Fury 2.
Likewise, HR has been very responsive to questions and I have full faith that they will remedy this issue and truly care about each individual customer experience.

Hence the frustration has subsided but a new waiting game is afoot...

I'll agree, but for me the 10mm neck doesn't let it seat in my Orbiter, such a shame too, I think they'd pair very well.

For you folks who are looking for better adapters for all your vapes.... I can not recommend strongly enough the SILCON silicone tubing the iHeat uses. I bought some of this and I use it for absolutely everything. It stretches almost like a rubber band.

Here are a couple shots of what I have done.

First, the 10/14/18 adapter that does not fit my bubbler. You can see I put a tiny 1/2" long piece around the 19mm part and now... it fits perfectly. And, this same size tubing fits the other end without stretching but it is nice and air tight.

Next, the conversion of the Fury2 bent stem into an Arizer (aftermarket) 90 degree 19mm. Now, the standard Fury2 mouthpiece fits a 19mm water pipe. I also use it for short whips like this one from my Motar quartz to the water bubbler 19mm. I never pick up the mod. And, I can see the display. I like the way I don't have to turn the Fury upside down to use it.

I can't tell you how happy I am with this stuff.

25rypp0.jpg

ev96oz.jpg

jilt1u.jpg

I just noticed that my bundle is missing the battery door screw, anyone else have this issue?

Urahara

I just noticed that my bundle is missing the battery door screw, anyone else have this issue?
I did. They wrote back in an email that a lot of people had that issue, and that they were sending it int he mail. I got mine, and thought they just did that for everyone that ordered. Might have to email them.

OF

I didn't find mine in the box either. But I later stepped on it in the carpet. I think it was loose (not in any of the plastic bags which I hadn't opened at that point).

You might try my proven technique, take off your shoes and walk around barefoot where you opened the package and might have been distracted like I was.......investigate pain.

OF

Tested my fierce a couple times yesterday and it feels like I'm sucking through a straw, had the same feeling with the Dynavap M but the fierce is not as bad. Wish it had adjustable airflow.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Tested my fierce a couple times yesterday and it feels like I'm sucking through a straw, had the same feeling with the Dynavap M but the fierce is not as bad. Wish it had adjustable airflow.
Two things that may be culprit:
1) pack loosely-only minimal tamping
2) make sure your fingers are clear from the air holes underneath

Hope one of those helps!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Hope one of those helps!

I second Jill on this. In fact the draw resistance is one of my favorite things about the Fierce. Nothing like my vapcaps. Closest I have would be the Fury 2 or maybe my Splinter depending on the stem.

OF

Perhaps a third option: Unrealistic expectations?

I don't recall experienced vape users having this issue, I sure don't find it so. I also didn't find DV all that restrictive. But, if your experience is with blazing or very powerful vapes (like Volcano) learning to like more restrictive draw can be a problem.

Draw resistance was no doubt extensively tested. Experience with vapes like Solo showed us that less restriction and more airflow for 'big hits' also gave weak performance (less dense vapor) as the extra air not only dilutes the vapor formed, but 'robs' limited heat that would otherwise make more vapor. Unlike blazing where more airflow means more combustion meaning more heat available.

The keys to bigger hits here (and many/most similar places) are cure (keep it dry going in), heat soaks between hits (so replacement heat can be conducted into the load) and going slow on the hits (minimum dilution, minimum cooling). Strain plays a role too, of course, but assuming it's reasonable......

Or not.

OF

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thanks for the reply but those are obvious solutions.
True, very obvious, but often overlooked.
I find the Fierce to have very, very little draw restriction. Not even in the same league as the VC.
I remember only one other person who had a draw issue with the Fury2, that these “obvious” solutions didn’t fix.
I am not sure what they ultimately did, but I suggest you reach out to HR because you should not have restricted air flow.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thanks for the reply but those are obvious solutions.
Check the o-ring/screen and how it’s secured to the standard mouthpiece. If not flush and fitted it could pose airflow problems. Also check if it’s gummed up or clogged with material. This happens a bit with my Fury with the standard mouthpiece, though I suspect I’m either drawing to hard or using too much material...

Perhaps a third option: Unrealistic expectations?

I don't recall experienced vape users having this issue, I sure don't find it so. I also didn't find DV all that restrictive. But, if your experience is with blazing or very powerful vapes (like Volcano) learning to like more restrictive draw can be a problem.

Draw resistance was no doubt extensively tested. Experience with vapes like Solo showed us that less restriction and more airflow for 'big hits' also gave weak performance (less dense vapor) as the extra air not only dilutes the vapor formed, but 'robs' limited heat that would otherwise make more vapor. Unlike blazing where more airflow means more combustion meaning more heat available.

The keys to bigger hits here (and many/most similar places) are cure (keep it dry going in), heat soaks between hits (so replacement heat can be conducted into the load) and going slow on the hits (minimum dilution, minimum cooling). Strain plays a role too, of course, but assuming it's reasonable......

Or not.

OF
I get what your saying, my very first vape was the da Buddha that's still going strong since 2012 and I get some good rips on it. I get some nice vapor with the fierce I guess I just need to adapt more to it.

My da Buddha hasn't been my daily driver, I mixed it up with combustion most of the time but now I want to be 100% combustion free.

OF

My da Buddha hasn't been my daily driver, I mixed it up with combustion most of the time but now I want to be 100% combustion free.

An admirable goal for sure. Stick with it. Not only do you save big bucks on your weed bill and smell better doing it, but you get to live longer to enjoy it all. Avoiding combustion is a smart move from many sides.

DB, being corded, has freedom from power limitations. Portable vapes, to be practical, must be very frugal with energy use (which is why conduction is nearly uniform rather than convection which is a 'power hog').

Vapes like Fury 2 and FIERCE can give good service, you just need to 'work with them'. There are some things they cannot do well (like make huge open clouds on demand) but can be very satisfying to own and use if you keep an open mind and 'follow the results you like'.

Sort of like catching big trout on light tackle.......

Keep in mind 'sipping can be fun and quite rewarding'.

Good luck with it, experiment around some, I think you're on the right path.....just not there quite yet.

OF

Revere

Hi! We apologize for the confusion. Where applicable, we will be shipping your charging dock, extra battery, extra battery door screw, and free gift along with your replacement FIERCE.

Also, if there is any question, we will need your FIERCE returned before we can ship your new replacement. Sorry - but this is the only way we can keep track of these original units and ensure that none of them are still out in the wild

My unit works fine and no smell. I'm liking the fierce and all, but I find it annoying that the shipping is on us. I get that it's only $5 and we get a "free gift", but it's 5 bucks more that I have to spend just to get the rest of my original order, I kinda feel like my dock and battery are being held hostage until that's done.

I guess that's the price for being an early adopter, but still...

On a side note, since its being upgraded, what are the chances we can get a timer that counts down? Especially when switching between the F2 and the Fierce. Nothing like having to do a little math to figure out how much time is left on the session.

lilvaporub

If there's any one feature I could ask for it would be a mode like the mighty where it doesn't go on timer but auto shut off after it realizes the temp hasn't changed for long enough. Sometimes my sessions go on for 12-15 minutes and it's very minor but I really would appreciate some function that made me not "on the clock" for every sesh.

Top Bottom