• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Grasshopper / Zenpen Concerns and Considerations

cow-a-bunga

Remember how The Sublimator was booed out from FC before its release? Well known FC members calling it a scam and threads were closed.

The Sublimator turned out to be revolutionary in many ways, and is now by many considered to be the absolute best vaporizer money can buy. Let's hope The Grasshoppper goes down the same path.

I have not spent much time on the Grasshopper thread and I have not joined the campaign, I'll wait for reviews

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@grokit -- I have appreciated your posts so much that I didn't realize you've only been a registered member here since this summer. A little context may help you in this situation. These guys aren't being treated any worse than other manufacturers around here. Quite honestly, if they can survive the shit storm here then they usually come out better for it on the other side as a product and a company. Go check out the vaporicer thread for the reason I don't ever squash the public's opinion of what a manufacturer is doing. I thought those guys were getting unnecessarily beat up and it turned out they were a scam. Then check out the viVape thread for a situation similar to this GH situation and the accusations of shilling.

from your posts in this thread I don't think you are on the same page as us when it comes to shilling. From a big picture standpoint (whether from the market's perspective or the company's), shilling is no big deal and a common form of marketing. But within the confines of this forum it is everything. All we have here is a bunch of avatars and printed words with very few relationships outside of it. In this confined environment honesty is everything and shilling is pure dishonesty. We only bring up what manufacturers are doing on other forums when it is pertinent to what they are doing here. I don't care what anyone does on grasscity or anywhere else unless it shows up here as well. In THIS forum, we have decided that shilling is one of the highest offenses that greatly reduces the validity of the vaporizer information we are trying to provide. Without this stance this forum would be filled with a lot of useless bullshit and wouldn't be worth most people's time. The manufacturers that are very present on this forum have proven themselves to be trustworthy and have added greatly to all of our vapor experiences.

I hope this helps you see why we take this particular activity so seriously and, because of its seriousness here, we don't accuse easily. The topic of this thread was researched and discussed quite a bit before getting started. I'm rooting for the GH as well, and what vaporist wouldn't? But at a minimum these young engineers need to learn a little more about marketing on this forum.

and for the record, the Q is an excellent vape that hits hard. I will probably shit my pants when someone finally comes along with a portable that hits like that!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
@grokit -- I have appreciated your posts so much that I didn't realize you've only been a registered member here since this summer. A little context may help you in this situation. These guys aren't being treated any worse than other manufacturers around here. Quite honestly, if they can survive the shit storm here then they usually come out better for it on the other side as a product and a company. Go check out the vaporicer thread for the reason I don't ever squash the public's opinion of what a manufacturer is doing. I thought those guys were getting unnecessarily beat up and it turned out they were a scam. Then check out the viVape thread for a situation similar to this GH situation and the accusations of shilling.

from your posts in this thread I don't think you are on the same page as us when it comes to shilling. From a big picture standpoint (whether from the market's perspective or the company's), shilling is no big deal and a common form of marketing. But within the confines of this forum it is everything. All we have here is a bunch of avatars and printed words with very few relationships outside of it. In this confined environment honesty is everything and shilling is pure dishonesty. We only bring up what manufacturers are doing on other forums when it is pertinent to what they are doing here. I don't care what anyone does on grasscity or anywhere else unless it shows up here as well. In THIS forum, we have decided that shilling is one of the highest offenses that greatly reduces the validity of the vaporizer information we are trying to provide. Without this stance this forum would be filled with a lot of useless bullshit and wouldn't be worth most people's time. The manufacturers that are very present on this forum have proven themselves to be trustworthy and have added greatly to all of our vapor experiences.

I hope this helps you see why we take this particular activity so seriously and, because of its seriousness here, we don't accuse easily. The topic of this thread was researched and discussed quite a bit before getting started. I'm rooting for the GH as well, and what vaporist wouldn't? But at a minimum these young engineers need to learn a little more about marketing on this forum.

and for the record, the Q is an excellent vape that hits hard. I will probably shit my pants when someone finally comes along with a portable that hits like that!
Awesomely Put :clap:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: way2

grokit

well-worn member
@grokit...
I'm rooting for the GH as well, and what vaporist wouldn't? But at a minimum these young engineers need to learn a little more about marketing on this forum.

Thanks for the context. I am choosing to believe the family member story, but having been burned previously I can see why some of you are so concerned.
As a supporter, I will continue to root for your trousers to be soiled!

:dog:

James C

EDM and vapor enthusiast
Let's be clear that this is not a place to bash the product or company.

Lmao sounds like this is a thread specifically created TO bash a company...luckily they already have enough funding to try and reach their goal without everyone trying to spread bad publicity months before they have even promised to have a finished product.

In case people arn't clear, this is an indiegogo campaign. Many campaigns don't even have a single review of a working product because the point is they need to raise money to even start building the product. The fundraising part isn't over yet lol. If you want to buy a finished vape, you should buy a vape that actually exists rather than one that will be put into production over the next few months.

James C,

2clicker

Observer
Lmao sounds like this is a thread specifically created TO bash a company...

not at all. this thread was to discuss the points brought up in the OP. as far as i know bashing a company or product is against the rules in these parts.

thing is some are taking this stuff too personally. its been stated many times in this thread and the other that this place will get to the bottom of things. videos get dissected. im not sure i agree with the accusations of video trickery here, but i am a skeptic when it comes to performance. i have yet to see any video showing this vape produce anywhere near a desktop (any desktop). this thing is gorgeous, but if you have to pull on it for as long as they did in the first video then its not for me.

not at all. this thread was to discuss the points brought up in the OP. as far as i know bashing a company or product is against the rules in these parts.

thing is some are taking this stuff too personally. its been stated many times in this thread and the other that this place will get to the bottom of things. videos get dissected. im not sure i agree with the accusations of video trickery here, but i am a skeptic when it comes to performance. i have yet to see any video showing this vape produce anywhere near a desktop (any desktop). this thing is gorgeous, but if you have to pull on it for as long as they did in the first video then its not for me.

I actually stopped coming to this forum because of this whole ordeal. I agree that it appears only to complain. It started with a complaint about the lack of betas, and stemmed from there into "video shenanigans". I don't even know what the newest complaints are. I stopped bothering page 3.

I see you spammed reddit though. Classy.

2clicker

Observer
I see you spammed reddit though. Classy.

you see that i have spammed reddit? i have never even seen or been to the reddit site. not once. if someone is posting using the name 2clicker its an imposter. i would never do such a thing.

post a link to what you saw. i would love to see it.

if you left at page 3 of this thread then its likely you wont hang around too long. this shit is par for the course.

sparkleshine

I impulsed contributed to the indiegogo project, after seeing a post on reddit about and watching the indiegogo video. I was sold by the video and wanted it instantly. My wanting it to be real so momentarily blinded my awareness to the fact that I am buying this product, or rather conceptual product and it may or may not actually be representative of what the video portrays. So blinded in my desire that it didn't occur to me until after contributing that it might not be exactly as advertised. Coming across this thread, after the post-purchase dissonance set it, led me to singing up and absorbing what I could of the product. After learning so much from the community here, I think that its probably somewhere in the middle. I expect it to be better than all the portables I have used previously, but perhaps not meeting all of the expectations confidently detailed in the video. I recognize that I am rolling the dice here, but I am a gambler. If you're heart is set on a miniaturized volcano in pen form for $99, and if it doesn't 100% deliver you would feel resentful about the amount of money spent, I would advice to think hard before contributing pre-retail. I am not even sure, despite the confidence the team projects, if they know if they can deliver on 100% of what they promised.

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Go check out the vaporicer thread for the reason I don't ever squash the public's opinion of what a manufacturer is doing. I thought those guys were getting unnecessarily beat up and it turned out they were a scam.

In case anybody else is curious >>> http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapor-icer.1555/
That was well before my time here. I just read the whole thing and found it very entertaining.
The pics of the device when it was taken apart were hilarious! Ice packs and funnels? Pfffffffffft!!
But I think the main lesson learned from that thread is that you should never try to bullshit lwien. :lol:

lwien

The video has no impact on this thread, which is about their marketing practices and not their credibility.

Didn't know that their marketing practices and their credibility were mutually exclusive, eh?

lwien,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
IMO, they are avoiding bad publicity. If some 3rd party reviewer starts finding issues before launching the product, and reveals them, it will be chaos for their campaign.
I don't know if you can take money back after you contributed to IGG, but if I see a video from a guy that I trust and complains, I'll probably wait till they polish the GH and take my money back.
Since they are a start up, they can take the chance like the Ascent did, with a back up company and an already working proven product as Da Vinci vaporizer. Da Vinci or Arizer can play around. Start ups no way. One chance only to hit the jackpot.
If people find out before hand that the GH is pure crapola, the GH team can say goodbye at the moment and find other people to take the money from.
I can smell this is going to be the year of hundreds of Green Fever Yuppies Tech NASA Wannabes from LA & SF area trying to hit the jackpot and be rich from an IGG campaign, trying to create the NEXT generation vaporizer.

GOOD for serious medical users and extreme pot heads like myself. Lots of choices when not directed and biased by the hip, and after being carefully reviewed by serious medical and real pothead users from FC. My only reliable vaporizer forum IMO at the moment, unbiased and very critical.

BAD for uninformed hipsters trying to have the latest gizmo to show off and then realize that not everything is pink coming from the net.
BAD for FCers with serious cases of VAS :rofl: the wait and the excitement are a hard one to swallow, and disappointment even worst.

IMO, I got into IGG campaign for an EVO because I trust SM55 and we saw the Cloud working and I know they love :bigleaf: and we know.
But I will be very skeptical about other ones.
Do you guys from GH actually ever vaped weed in your lives??? Or smoked??
You remind me of the characters of this funny show "The Big Bang Theory" or something like that.
Total know it all book encyclopedias net guys.
No disrespect, but IMO, I'll never buy meat from a vegan, or a cocktail from a non drinking barman for example.
Or a vaporizer for :bigleaf: from a person that don't use :bigleaf:. I trust my stoners more than any guy with a diploma from a famous college. Passion for something works better than any printed book or any computer net.
I hope I'm not out of context or offending the GH team.

harley

Count me among the skeptics. I believe that the GH will do a decent number of the things they claim, but I do not believe that its heating element is nearly as powerful as they say, and I do not believe that its battery life will be as long as they state. There's a reason why the Firefly has so much metal insulating it, and has such a short battery life even with the most advanced battery technology (and a much bigger battery than the GH). I am nearly certain that the repeated clouds off a FF will put to shame the repeated clouds off a GH dialed in at a comparable temperature. I hope for the sake of everyone who contributed to the campaign that I'm wrong, but I think there is a lot of evidence saying that I am right. One merely needs to take a look at the approach taken by the two teams of designers to see which unit is really made for performance first. The grasshopper was designed to be a cute pen, fundamentally limiting its capabilities. The Firefly looks weird and different, which is reflective of the groundbreaking approach its designers took. I am not a FF owner, and don't know if I'll ever be able to justify that price tag (I hope so), but based off the Vape Critic review and the interview at Boing Boing, whose advice on technology I trust at a very deep level, they have done things in the honest and forthright way that some feel has been lacking from the GH campaign. I think it will bite them, come review time.

Top Bottom