1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Grasshopper / Zenpen Concerns and Considerations

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by vtac, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

I have as much proof as yous do that this is a fraud:)

BLAZING OG likes this.
  2. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Ahhhhh . . . thank you for connecting the dots on that. So now my thought is how do they avoid tunneling? Without conduction do they really understand vaporization? This "compact heating zone" they are creating is going to be very interesting . . .

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

Trevor also responded on reddit:
    For those who don't recall, I believe Conrad is the representative here on FC. Just wanted to make it clear that these are two different people speaking.

4. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. You believe that anyone that challenges a vape manufacturer should either have vested dollars in the company or have purchased a product from that company and if they haven't, they should just keep their mouth shut? Is that what you believe?

rcflo, Enchantre, darkrom and 12 others like this.
  5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

I never claimed this to be a fraud. You claimed that every vape manufacturer astroturfs/shills.

This bit is odd. If it were a case of astroturfing, wouldn't they just say it wasn't them if they were asked that? How many companies would admit to that? :shrug:

@Zenpen We question everything and everyone. Allow me to redirect you to the VaporBros Dabbler thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapor-brothers-dabbler.8595/#post-357043

Wherein OF questions VB's claim of a microcontroller-regulated temperature feature. Is that really ridiculous? :\

nigel, Roger D, poonman and 3 others like this.
  6. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

I can't wait for a full, unedited video with abv.. I WILL NOT invest money into something that not one other person has used, besides the creators. Sketchy.

If i was a vape company. I would send some out to testers, such as magazines and FC mods so everyone knew where their money was going..

7. Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted Vapesallday Industries

They can't do that.

It would slow down production too much and nobody would get their vapes in time.:rolleyes:

Buildozer, poonman, grokit and 2 others like this.
  8. Snappo

Snappo Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!" Accessory Maker

If there aren't ten prototypes to send out to testers, invite ten testers over to try out one prototype.

ou812?, Zangano Cruel, nigel and 6 others like this.
  9. KidFated.

Id rather it be late and know its tha shit, than get it on time and realize, "wow, should've just bought a bag"

@Snappo has tha right idea..

ou812?, Roger D, Snappo and 1 other person like this.
  10. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Bad form to quote myself but I'm vaked sorry . . thinking out loud . . . so we have a focused heat source almost like a laser in a very compact "zone" of medicine. But we have to distribute that heat to vaporize properly without tunneling. But once we distribute the heat it "leaks" because we are refocusing it. So I'm thinking we have a limited "window" of operation on this device that will change as things heat up . . .

Roger D likes this.
  11. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

Boiling, boiling, boiling...Ahhhh creation of non-sense thread!:rofl:

BLAZING OG likes this.
  12. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Do you believe that challenging the marketing tactics and promotion of a vape company, any vape company, is non-sense?

ou812?, Roger D, poonman and 5 others like this.
  13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Not to make any sort of personal attacks, but he still hasn't provided us with proof that every other vape manufacturer shills...

We still don't know what the heat source looks like, it could be something like a ceramic rod with a spiral past that where the air tumbles and evenly warms up. The ABV from the second video didn't really show any hotspots, it all appeared to be the same shade instead of half green half yellow like if it did have a hotspot/tunnel effect. :shrug:

sadf, ShayWhiteGrow, lwien and 2 others like this.
  14. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

:brow:I believe that out of the 1660 people that contributed, 4 or 5 conjuring up this and that negative whatever doesn't really matter to the majority.:D By all means, keep on keepin on!:tup: Hey maybe that wasn't even a real guy puffin on their video. Maybe it was photographic trickery, or a computer generated guy like the crowds in the titantic flick. This argument is just as valid as the others going around, right?? Sounds as obsurd IMO. Hey ZP, don't reply or do a video or anything but what you know you need to do. We are all anxiously awaiting your release and this is just too amusing. Replies from you just give ammo to the herd. No replies, well, that will double it and I for sure am enjoying all the action:love:As for my prior statement the vape makers do this to keep their finger on the pulse of the vape community, not necessarily to shrill or anything negative. Statement amended. (thanks Obama for the lesson:tup:)

I believe that the marketing and promotion is their business. Remember Southpark when Cartman had the theme park and told everyone they couldn't get in? What a tatic! Here is your next gen vape! But you can't beta test, or have a video, or even get a response, boy I can see them hitting 300 G's!

(merged)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    BLAZING OG likes this.
  15. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

A bit condescending there, aren't ya?

Enchantre, Roger D, sadf and 2 others like this.
  16. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

Venting done guys lets move on in harmony!:nod:

BLAZING OG likes this.
  17. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

The marketing and promotion tactics of ANY vape manufacturer IS our business. To suggest that possible future end users should not question any vape manufacturer on their marketing campaigns is ludicrous.

ou812?, Buildozer, Roger D and 6 others like this.
  18. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

Agreed. But in the end, they will do what is best for them and their business

BLAZING OG and KidFated. like this.
  19. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Of course they will. Why in the hell would they do anything different. All we're doing is providing some different perspectives from the eyes of a very skeptical community. What they do with that is their choice. Always will be, but that doesn't diminish the dialogue that has been put forth here and your attempt to invalidate it really serves no purpose, either for this community or GH.

ou812?, Snappo, Bob Loblaw and 5 others like this.
  20. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

Just trying to steer the conversation in the direction of talking about the product which is difficult being it is not released yet and quite frankly the dialogue in this thread is well off track and annoying to me PEACE OUT:peace:

BLAZING OG and PapaSmurf6768 like this.
  21. KidFated.

If a threads annoys me, i unwatch it.

ou812?, Enchantre, Roger D and 5 others like this.
  22. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Shay, the dialog in this thread is NOT off track. It is exactly on track. The purpose of this thread, as stated by sticks, was to discuss their marketing tactics and that is exactly what we're doing.

OF, ou812?, Enchantre and 10 others like this.
  23. KidFated.

I just realized something.. If i was making a vaporizer.. I would use it a ton to put it through its paces.. It wouldn't be that hard to film a session..

ou812?, Snappo and poonman like this.
  24. grokit

grokit power cosmic

@Zenpen, thanks for wading in :tup:!

I could be mistaken, but doesn't it mean it's pretty much like any other indiegogo product?

It may be a question of having any ideally-functioning prototype, even a single one. It may be that no single prototype even satisfies the makers, and that they themselves have to wait to try an ideally-functioning unit.

It's been stated that it's more about real money, not unit cost once production starts because it would be too expensive to stop and make any significant tooling changes at that point.

I understand the skepticism, I've been dissatisfied by a few under-performing pen vapes myself. And yes some of these companies outright lied. I can see how many would hedge their bets and if this doesn't work out I may be one of those people next time. But I have a good feeling about this one.

The grasshopper has a different form factor but seems no smaller than the pax. The pax is a successful herb vaporizer, but with plenty of room for improvement. If the grasshopper isn't the herb pen we've been waiting for, then it will still come. Just a question of from who and when.

As a backer I am placing a bet, that the fellas at grasshopper are genuine, whiz-bang rocket scientists that still have their idealism and truly want to make a positive difference in the medical mj/vape world.

As has been stated ad nauseum, if you don't want to take this ride then don't buy the ticket :brow:

But buying that bag of weed instead isn't always a sure bet either... :\

If the product flops, the skeptics will be justifiably smug and get the last laugh while the backers become skeptics. If it's a success the backers will have the bragging rights of a discounted unit at an early date, like hundreds of others and retain their faith in humanity. It's really no big deal either way.

I wonder what @Josh's Dad thinks?
    :lol:

Seriously, I just discovered this thread about an hour ago, because of it and I have decided that I may make a change in my contribution: from green back to my original ti choice, dark grey :spliff:

:chill:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  25. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

@Quetzalcoatl OF asked the question and accepted their answer. No proof of this capability exists in ecig territory or essential oil industry. Yet this thread is questioning zenpen and won't accept their explanation yet it's possible for this company to do it and for it to be done given enough money.

As for this company anything is possible. Let's give them the benefit of doubt. I for one can't wait to see this thing in action. As it will revolutionize the industry and pretty much make everything else useless even our line. If we didnt have a R&D section :-p you know what they say ideas don't just come to one person it comes to many it just who acts on it first that gets the credit.

As for insulation one thing I have to disagree on is heat expands and it needs to go somewhere.

In zenpens statement they said insulation is nothing current vape companies are using.

Might be correct about the current part not sure about the future part as I'm aware of 1 company experimenting with a process that doesn't take chemists to figure out. I might be wrong but I do think it's the same path we are both on.

As for everyone else that's skeptical just because the current industry can't make it doesn't mean a new comer can't do it. Anyone remember Sept 2011? It's only bs when they cant deliver.

@Zenpen don't worry about FC we are skeptical of new technology it goes with the territory. Get ready to make history if you really have the mother of all vapes and enjoy the ride as well forgive once we see it in action or nail you to the wall if it fails.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    ou812?, rcflo, Enchantre and 8 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors