1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Gone but never forgotten.....(broken glass thread)

Discussion in 'Glass' started by YoGranMazPimp, Apr 16, 2012.

1. NewVape

NewVape What a guy!

Sadness, I filled my Van Tran Mini Bub today and water started pooling around the base, as if it were leaking it's life blood all over my workbench. Turned it over and there are 2 cracks in the bottom! Fortunately it was made nearby and I'll see if I can get the maker to do the fix. In the mean time :(
    [​IMG]

2. YoGranMazPimp

YoGranMazPimp I Vapes Hard

Sorry to see this bro. Broken glass is a tragic. Good job supporting local glass blowers, pays off if it needs repair.

3. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

BOOOOO!!! I just got this fucking piece too!! :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. YoGranMazPimp

^^^I'd like to extend my deepest sympathies for your loss.

5. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony here for the chicks

Poor Zob :(

What happened man?

I knocked my blue bub over when it was just a day old btw. I saw shattered glass flying & feared the worst, I'm sure you guys can imagine how happy I was when I saw that it was only the 18 to 14 reducer that had shattered :)

6. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

I only had that Zob for a week :( . I had a male/male attachment in it and it fell on the floor while I was on a business call. I have carpet but the male/male piece inside banged the downstem and that's how you see it broke :( . I'm sure there is no way to fix it, I just look at it every day lol.

7. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

OMG! Its like a car wreck! Horrifying, but you just can't help and look.

And I would check. I'm not any glass blower, but on my Black Leaf, there's a definite joint weld (as on yours), where the Dewaar is. I'm assuming that can be replaced. Might cost you a bundle on that Zob piece, though.

8. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

I threw it away already. It was just hurting to much to look at it.

9. YoGranMazPimp

Sorry to hear of your broken pieces! Yeah j usually trash them so I don't have to look at it. Unless its fixable of course.

10. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

My shattered vapexhale cloud has been in a box ever since, haven't looked at it once.
    Since there's nothing VXC wants from it, eventually I'll probably take it apart for shits & giggles.

t-dub likes this.
  11. ilovebOObs

ilovebOObs can i stick my male joint in there?

back from the dead, now with direct inject :love: not the prettiest fix but functions well.
    [​IMG]

12. Jimmyweaese

Jimmyweaese Member

My Toker 2 glass bong type dealy,rest in peace,as of like1983 or so,amybody remember them??????

13. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

Pretty similar experience happened to me last night. I took a dab, then went to take a cpl hits out of the ssv. I milked my first rip pulled my whip adapter out to clear the DG and I didn't notice my stove pipe adapter stuck to my whip adapter, until it fell to the garage floor and shattered. :(

What I learned: to clean my gong connections more often particularly if dabbing. Pay more attention to gong connections. My ssv hose fits perfectly in my DG 18mm male fitting in a jam, and previously mentioned reclaim helps it seal and stay very well.

YoGranMazPimp likes this.
  14. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Evolver HydraTree R.I.P.
    [​IMG]
    :disgust:

15. ilovebOObs

Stu likes this.
  16. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

i just learned that a VIP piece I traded away in 2010 is no more.
    that swing is still around somewhere .

17. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Sorry for your loss Stu . . .

18. Stu

Thanks guys. But don't feel bad for me. It was my buddy's. I just picked him up a nice hydracirc on the Classifieds as a replacement for him. After seeing how some of those trees broke off, I'm thinking the circ might last longer in my buddy's butterfingers.
    :peace:

Enchantre and t-dub like this.
  19. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

@#$% Stu... there really aren't words. Now that I'm sporting some nice glass, I'm not sure I can handle the assured panic attack, were I to break one. :myday:

Feeling for you and wishing some good karma/vibes your way, to make you smile.

Oh! It was a friend's? Never mind. @#$% him! ;)

Stu likes this.
  20. OhTheAgony

21. ilovebOObs

dude that sucks!!! but it looks super repairable at least.

OhTheAgony likes this.
  22. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

23. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

Shit OTA...that sucks!

OhTheAgony likes this.
  24. Stu

If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of OTA blowing off the dust of his Elhe tube. :nod:
    :peace:

OhTheAgony and ilovebOObs like this.
  25. OhTheAgony

Thanks guys :tup:

It actually took a thorough rinsing to get the dust off after all these months, Stu :lol:

It's probably reparable, and luckily I can even buy a replacement if it isn't. But glass blowers seem hard to reach here in EU somehow, or at least the guy that made this piece is. It might take a few months before I get it back in to shape I'm afraid.

It didn't even make a sound when it broke strange enough. I had just set it down on a thick soft bathroom mat covered with a towel (I always clean it in the bathroom, and I'm not sure if spilled alcohol causes bleached stains on my purdy cow-bathroom-math or not) and it just tipped over slowly. Even though I always put the mouthpiece in just tight enough so it won't come out unwanted I initially thought the mouthpiece had just dropped out from tipping over, but there it was :(

It did tip over once before though. That had left a hairline fracture on the tip of the female joint but not even near the spot where it snapped today. I guess it was already stressed by that or something, perhaps it was just a matter of time before it came off completely :shrug:

charliedontsurf likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors