• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gone but never forgotten.....(broken glass thread)

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
So last night, i broke my 18mm whip adapter and although it wasnt a expensive piece at all, it was very tragic. The smoke session temporaily pauses when i discover it hit the base of the ssv and broke. I carefully collect its pieces and stare at them it my hand, shaking my head. I approach the trash can and had a bit of hesitation, had another look at the pieces in my hand, almost had a "thanks for the good times" moment, and tossed it in.

Here it is, in its final state...
a4v24n.jpg

Anyone got some broken glass pics / stories / rituals to share? I saw some vids of someone burying a broken syn showerhead bong.
I suppose if my mobius bit the bullet, i may have a lil ceremony. Lol.

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: Puffers

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sucks man, my condolences ;)

I noticed you even bring your Mobius in the car. Do you secure it somehow while driving or do you have a case for it, or do you just leave it floating around somewhere?

I have a few shitty pieces I'd like to brake, but no accidents so far *knocks on wood*

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
yeah i broke my 45 degree 14 to 14 a few weeks ago too, wished i didn't throw it out so fast. i think i could of repaired it. also broke my 14mm LSV wpa bowl too but managed to fix it.

ilovebOObs,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I noticed you even bring your Mobius in the car. Do you secure it somehow while driving or do you have a case for it, or do you just leave it floating around somewhere?

I got a 10 inch dime bags duffel for it. Plenty of padding and pockets. the mobius doesnt leave the house without it. it matches the ssv case perfectly.

YoGranMazPimp,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So far I've broken:
2 7th floor j hooks (one I broke when it jumped out of my hands taking it out of the bubble wrap... :()
1 EQ elbow
2 downstems for my agung cyclone
1 standard ssv heater cover
A black leaf 8 arm dewaar ash catcher
2 2 hole solo stems (my own fault, I was being real rough with them, playing with ways to improve flow)
1 4 hole solo stem

The worst one is the ssv heater cover...
It was my first...

Frederick McGuire,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^what a tragic list of broken glass! yeah the heater cover would be a pain! At least with the others, its a broken accessory but if the HC breaks, the ssv is useless!

YoGranMazPimp,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, I've got a spare standard HC, and 3 gong HCs, and 2 LSV HCs floating around...
The ssv isnt ever gonna be unusable unless it dies :lol:
I tend to pre-emptively get backups since shipping to aus is usually pretty steep.
It was the worst break for sentimental reasons. (and aesthetic, it was so much prettier than the backup HC)

I managed to break my EQ elbow by just tugging lightly on the tubing...
It snapped the glass before the tubing budged.

None of my breakages are major though, luckily enough...
I think I'd have a stroke if I managed to injure my matrix...

Frederick McGuire,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Frederick McGuire said:
I think I'd have a stroke if I managed to injure my matrix...

Please don't have a stroke over broken glass. It happens, and yes it is oh so sad and usually quite preventable but yeah...it does happen. So don't keel over! Haha. Cleaning has traditionally been the worst culprit for me, as any time I've broken anything more than a downstem (or a VHW heater cover) it's been while cleaning. So now I use the deepest sink possible and clean very slowly, methodically and in an environment that is as distraction free as possible. I am also very careful whenever soaking any adapters and parts in ISO as soaking a bunch of stuff in the same container and moving it around without care is a good way to get flea bites and nicks on your glass parts. As is said however, crisis and opportunity can often be different sides of the same coin, so not all glass breakages are a total waste. Re-use!

I broke both the bong (an old VripTech VWT Pro model) and most of the downstem in question here a long time ago, but I've got all sorts of use out of the broken downstem since then. I have all the VripTech GonG connectors and I still find I like to use this broken downstem and the original slider some times, and since the downstem is so short it allows me to use this system with a lot of pipes (mostly bubblers) that otherwise wouldn't have accepted the actual downstem in its unbroken state. Here is some pictures because they make a lot more sense than my rambling:

oH75I.jpg

3o1au.jpg

So yeah. Sucked when it happened, but I'm glad that I didn't just throw everything out because I use that broken downstem more than some of my brand new adapters! :tup:

Now, Freddie, I have to admit...I don't think I've ever actually broken a bong or bubbler or tube or anything that was worth more than 150-250 dollars...so if I do ever eventually break some of my more pricey, art/glass pieces I may be in line for a surprise stroke as well...haha :p

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, I love seeing things mcguyvered. Glad to see you could get some life out of a broken piece.

I use the broken gong joint from the black leaf a/c I broke to connect my omicron to water pieces if I want to. (it's my only vape I primarily use without water filtration.)

I don't stress out about breaking my pieces or anything, I'm just happy my worst break is that black leaf a/c at $65...
Having said that, anything happening to my matrix would make me a saaaaad panda

Frederick McGuire,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
heh, sessnet's ben wilsion mico inline..... used it like a few times?

broke itself incased inside of squishy foam in a hard pistol case hidden under a bed.... so sad...didnt even get to break it himself, thats the worst!

Xchadb,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Broke my GG joint on a healthstone slide, got it repaired and the angle isnt the same anymore. It was like 45 degrees and now is lower and my hash rolls right off!

Sorry to hear of your losses guys!

YoGranMazPimp,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
omfg, i cry for you boobs.... that looks really fixable tho!!! for cheap too! also still useable with an ssv hose eh? :brow:

EDIT: ALSO! broken bong traded for plus 30 bucks and some abv oil, and traded for an SSV! :D

Xchadb,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
hah, just drop that nail in the joint all sketchy and dab without a dome :) looks like youve got a real nice temp fix there man! and that you've also been dabbin some bomb shit! look how yellow that claim is! haha :)

Xchadb,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
yeah the saddest part is i just ordered a new dome and 14m - 18m joint for it. should be coming tomorrow. :(

ilovebOObs,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
the day my bong broke is the day i got my DG..... so that was perfect timing, also it breaking led to me getting a free ssv... so yeah....kinda worked out, ya never know man! what if going to the shop to get it fixed led you to a new piece you just couldnt help but not buy eh?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I broke my SSFG straight tube downstem last week while cleaning and while I felt an internal shattering I don't think my blood pressure went over the top. One thing it did do was frame for me the personal relationship that I have with this glass. It did become a minor crisis to me, though; replacing it was "top priority" - I couldn't rest until it was rectified. So I cleaned the bong thoroughly, I wrapped it in a towel and put it in my messenger bag and took the train to a Manhattan headshop for a properly fitting replacement. The replacement is OK - it works but it's not as sublime as the original; there's less percolation but it hits well. Another thing I learned through this is (I'm new to the world of glass) is how critically important a downstem is - it may be the most significant part of a bong.

jeffp,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I broke my SSFG straight tube downstem last week while cleaning and while I felt an internal shattering I don't think my blood pressure went over the top. One thing it did do was frame for me the personal relationship that I have with this glass. It did become a minor crisis to me, though; replacing it was "top priority" - I couldn't rest until it was rectified. So I cleaned the bong thoroughly, I wrapped it in a towel and put it in my messenger bag and took the train to a Manhattan headshop for a properly fitting replacement. The replacement is OK - it works but it's not as sublime as the original; there's less percolation but it hits well. Another thing I learned through this is (I'm new to the world of glass) is how critically important a downstem is - it may be the most significant part of a bong.
dont take this the wrong way but, get an alex-k you wont regret it... ive had a few and i always hate myself for selling them off...

ALT has a large selection :) and its pretty easy to measure what size you need, heck you might even find a better fitting one than before? somtimes i can find a showerhead stem that fits closer to the bottom than that orig stem, allows for less splashback and more percolation in the water area :)

Xchadb,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
yeah those are DEF rad :) :science: make any tube into a legit smooth hitting piece :)

Xchadb,
Top Bottom