• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gone but never forgotten.....(broken glass thread)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
At least it was only the mouthpiece. Strange that it would break with so little pressure, though. However, I know I've had a couple pieces break that left me scratching my head. I still haven't figured out how one of my knuckles literally started to split. S'ok... piece I don't use anymore. Still odd.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, it was an odd one. That female joint is the thinnest one I've seen so far though. I'll try to catch it in a photo tomorrow, but it's not even a mm thick from what I can tell. That should be close enough to about a 25th of an inch for you imperial folks.

OhTheAgony,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
A very sad day . . . :cry:

brokenu.jpg

t-dub,
Reactions: mvapes

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh t-dub.... how did that happen? :ugh:

I have two pieces of nice glass... and that is my worst fear.

momofthegoons,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I dropped it while it was connected to my other HT, so the joint was loaded and got torqued . . .

t-dub,
:cry:

I'm going to kill my gf! Two at fucking once!

My fucking Goldstein!

and my first ever piece of nice glass. My SGW waffle.

Then all the glass

I know there are both most likely repairable, but this is the absolute worst time for this to happen.

$900 worth a bongs!!:bang:

VapeNStone,
Reactions: A1FBG

Tweek

This is why I don't buy expensive glass. I would be going through too much pain, I am such a klutz.

Tweek,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
:cry:

I'm going to kill my gf! Two at fucking once!

My fucking Goldstein!

and my first ever piece of nice glass. My SGW waffle.

Then all the glass

I know there are both most likely repairable, but this is the absolute worst time for this to happen.

$900 worth a bongs!!:bang:
Condolences to you Stone. Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself :)

t-dub,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The same thought went through my head when I recoiled from the computer feeling like I was going to throw up...

This is a tragedy, but these things happen and it's how you deal with them that defines you. I'm sorry it had to be this bad though :S

CentiZen,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
:o

I would be in a straight jacket by now. As I was looking at them, I thought... OK, that's repairable.

Still a little queasy.

P.S. I hope this wasn't intentional... and she's happily taking care of your every need, for the time-being.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Tamataz
Thanks everyone. Yea she accidentally did it when she was cleaning them. I guess the SGW fell in the DG made the DG tip on the counter and was next to the sink. So when it hit the sink it just broke. I want to see if I can get the DG repaired and maybe see if I can make a bent neck style? The SGW still works and I'm sure I can get a new base blown for it.

VapeNStone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:disgust: I'll have to take the walk of shame... and add Lil'Mona to the list. Broke in shipping on it's way to a new owner.

IMG_1116_zpsc9530ed7.jpg

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm not sure at this point if it can be fixed, we are waiting to see if USPS is going to honor the insurance claim. I sure hope so, I went ahead and refunded their money back, felt bad about it breaking. USPS must have drop kicked it a few times or something because that is seriously thick glass, and I did take extra measures to pad all sides of that box, and wrote fragile glass all over the outside. There may be a way to resurrect this one. I think I will double box from now on...

jambandphan03,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Think if I ever decide to ship any pieces, I'm just going to invest in large pieces of foam and custom cut them for the glass and the box.

Though, you would still have to worry about pieces without, or poorly made perc reinforcement.

BigDaddyVapor,

tepictoton

What a horrible thread...:cry:

yet they say glass pieces are good luck...'they' have never owned expansive glass i guess :peace:

tepictoton,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
No!!! :'(

I broke my oil rig today. Knocked it off my desk and got my first TI burn trying to catch it. Just a little one, it will heal no problem but this afternoon sucks.

t85grd.jpg

CentiZen,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
No!!! :'(

I broke my oil rig today. Knocked it off my desk and got my first TI burn trying to catch it. Just a little one, it will heal no problem but this afternoon sucks.

My condolences, that sucks. Is that an erris wheel on your rig?

Puffers,
Top Bottom