FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

kellya86

Herb gardener...
You have my deepest sympathy, I'm yet to kill a vape. But I love them more than the average electronic appliance like my phone or tv.

OF

bounced by the grandkids one of which knocked it off the table and the other one stood on it

Bummer. But isn't that just like today's youth? Teamwork. One runs interference for the other......

I assume a quiet family service is planned? It's tough to loose a friend and all, but perhaps easier to face when the relationship is short. As time goes by, the hill gets steeper.

So what vape you going to get next? How about a Solo/Air?

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
Aye after only six weeks of aquaintance, am gutted at its loss and PO at my stupidity for leaving it on the coffee table,I believe it was still recoverable until it hit the deck. But hey life goes on and lessons have been learned, I loved ma pro because it was my first and it did the job,like you said, I loved it far beyond any other gadgets I have accumulated, However I also must point out it blocked after only six weeks of use, firstly due to a partially blocked airway as the bottom spacer was doubled over on itself (during manufacture)blocking two of the five holes in the bottom of the chamber,which I only discovered upon opening it up and so voiding the warranty, secondly by a screen which could not be removed easily and so clogged with fine ABV dust which cannot be avoided unless you can get the screen out for maintenance IMO.
Would I buy another FM, well that's the rub, I already have one in the FM mini but after finding what I did inside the Pro I'm dubious, I killed a vape in six weeks from new, I'm am genuinley ashamed at myself as I'm not what you might call a hashy b...... I take care of whats mine because nobody else will and I'm also down 75 notes and now I've no back up so the mini will have to suffice for now and hold up the FM banner, Which it does very well but I have to charge it twice a day so it's up against it for now, I'm just no sure o what I replace the pro with as yet, I can foresee another marathon thread trawl comin

@OF your far to quick for me I've just finished a reply and you've got me straight back, ( am no complainin, like you said the bloody hill keeps gettin steeper) and you aint wrong the crumb snatchers work as a team one whacked it off the table with a full but graceful swing of his toy fire engine and the other moved in for the kill and stomped on it,(he's only two) deadly for FM pro's it never stood a chance. Will be laid to rest with honours but it's stricktly a family affair, I'll be havin a wee look at PIU shortly av no had the time to go for a browse but I'll be lookin shortly, Whats your recommendations keepin in mind I dont live in the same continent as your good self, Sorry solo /air I'll have a look and get back to you in due course cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Canuck420

Aye after only six weeks of aquaintance, am gutted at its loss and PO at my stupidity for leaving it on the coffee table,I believe it was still recoverable until it hit the deck. But hey life goes on and lessons have been learned, I loved ma pro because it was my first and it did the job,like you said, I loved it far beyond any other gadgets I have accumulated, However I also must point out it blocked after only six weeks of use, firstly due to a partially blocked airway as the bottom spacer was doubled over on itself (during manufacture)blocking two of the five holes in the bottom of the chamber,which I only discovered upon opening it up and so voiding the warranty, secondly by a screen which could not be removed easily and so clogged with fine ABV dust which cannot be avoided unless you can get the screen out for maintenance IMO.
Would I buy another FM, well that's the rub, I already have one in the FM mini but after finding what I did inside the Pro I'm dubious, I killed a vape in six weeks from new, I'm am genuinley ashamed at myself as I'm not what you might call a hashy b...... I take care of whats mine because nobody else will and I'm also down 75 notes and now I've no back up so the mini will have to suffice for now and hold up the FM banner, Which it does very well but I have to charge it twice a day so it's up against it for now, I'm just no sure o what I replace the pro with as yet, I can foresee another marathon thread trawl comin

My condolences for your loss....

If you look through the bottom port on your mini - can you see that same "spacer"? On mine it look like there may be something blocking 2 or 3 of the holes below the oven, I'm assuming it may be the same thing... I'm very reluctant to disassemble though given your findings and it seems to be working fine right now - though it is early days. It got me unintentionally to a solid 8-9/10 the other day, so perhaps some reduction in performance is welcome for a lightweight like me!

Canuck420,
Reactions: OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
Here is a picture of my now demised Pro chassis from the top, as you can see I bored a hole out of the top of the mouthpiece chamber so that when I put it back together I have access to the bottom of the oven chamber to remove any clogged screen, wasted effort until you posted, So anyone else having the same problem DO NOT DISMANTLE IT, Bore (I did it with a boilie borer by hand) not drill (its thin plastic)a small pilot hole dead centre of the mouthpiece chamber top and then you have access to put a pin/needle through the centre hole of the oven floor,Beware though you may damage the heater as I may have done, however the mini is straight through so I'M not sure how I would go about tryin to shift a possibly blocked/doubled spacer in my mini as the airpath is so free flowing, My pro was tight from the off (like drawing on a filter tip) and steadily got worse leading to drastic action on my part,now its dead, my advice, if it is'nt broke don't fix it, lightwieght or not if it does what you require then bash on
DSCF0009.jpg

Last edited:

OF

Will be laid to rest with honours but it's stricktly a family affair, I'll be havin a wee look at PIU shortly av no had the time to go for a browse but I'll be lookin shortly, Whats your recommendations keepin in mind I dont live in the same continent as your good self, Sorry solo /air I'll have a look and get back to you in due course cheers

Yes, I'm mindful that less than optimum herb leads to serious fouling issues. From to points I think. First, gram for gram it often has more water (cure), a chief cause of fouling. Secondly lower THC content forces a guy to put more through it than otherwise.

Therefore Solo/Air. Since the parts that would foul are glass stems they very easily can be kept clean. Some use Isopropyl Alcohol, many of us use a detergent from the brewery business, Powdered Brewery Wash. A five minute soak in the hot solution followed by a rinse usually leaves it spotless. Some guys 'reclaim' by repeated soaks in a jar of IPA then finally evaporating off the alcohol, scraping the remaining resin off the plate, locking the doors, pulling the blinds and getting seriously involved. The condensate can be many times as potent as the herb that made it.

Anyway, Solo and Air both have excellent reputations for long, reliable service. Many Solos (Air is only a year old) have been in tough service many years. Very hard to kill, your grandkids would have to work it in shifts I think. It doesn't hurt that it's tops in flavor (IMO much better than FM) and is one of the most efficient vapes around. Air is a reduced size, single battery version, using the same stems if you'd like. It only does say 4 sessions a charge (against 7 or 8 for Solo) but it does allow users to easily change batteries so you can simply keep a charged one handy (it's a special 18650).

Both have well used threads. I suggest reading the last 20 or so pages of each to get the flavor of things, expect lots of happy owners.......

Merry Christmas, I hope your luck changes.

OF

little maggie

PIU has the mini, pro and v5os on sale for what seems like a very good price. I had an early FM and didn't like it much. For those of you who have these current versions, what do you think of them? Is one preferable to another? Or if there is a discussion comparing these 3 can you point me to it?

OF

PIU has the mini, pro and v5os on sale for what seems like a very good price. I had an early FM and didn't like it much. For those of you who have these current versions, what do you think of them? Is one preferable to another? Or if there is a discussion comparing these 3 can you point me to it?

No exhaustive discussions I know of. I'm not real pleased with the V3 (I think Imag+ does about the same thing for half the price). Of the remaining I like the Mini best, mostly based on size. The two larger (two battery) ones need 9 Volts to charge, meaning USB charging is out but a natural for the Mini. It's nice to have extra sessions on tap, but at twice the size I favor the Mini. Variable temperatures on the Pro are nice too, but IMO the three offered on 5.0 and Mini are useful enough for most. The 'loading light' on the 5.0 is kinda fun, but since it never shuts off in use it can be a distraction too.

Tough choice for sure, avoiding the V3 I think you'll be happy with any.

OF

OF,

Canuck420

Main selling points of each...

V5.0s - better battery life (than the mini)
Pro - same battery life but adds screen and more temp control
Mini - smaller(stealth factor), uses a regular micro USB port for charging, bottom vent allows for changing draw resistance

I went for the mini as battery life not an issue for me, liked the convenient charging and being able to vary the draw resistance.

serialtoker

Still here Still
Yes, I'm mindful that less than optimum herb leads to serious fouling issues. From to points I think. First, gram for gram it often has more water (cure), a chief cause of fouling. Secondly lower THC content forces a guy to put more through it than otherwise.
Indeed it has been a extremely bad luck on equipment week, so far 4 pieces of kit have dropped out, two are DOA one being my pro the other one of my favorite cameras, Damn!!!. As for curing 6 to 8 weeks at room temp longer if conditions dictate, all my own work from seed, for the last 20 yr mostly indica but a few sativa's along the way, bottom o ma grinder (3 stage) has lovely ice which vapes a treat, currently got ice bomb, critical, big bud and Pot of gold, all very sticky and frosted, I don't think my flower is at fault, but I've been proved wrong before, and I respect your position. As for what's next, your advice is greatly appreciated and I need a vape thats hard to kill and your the man for that type of advice, I'll have a trawl through some of the threads you proposed, It's been a pleasure conversing with you this evening.
I would like to thank you once again and wish you and yours a very merry christmas and all the best for the new year, Cheers

serialtoker,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
PIU also has the FM Aura (not the Hybrid Aura) on sale for $99 but like OF commented, one would like to know how it compares to the imag plus at its current price point.

OF

I would like to thank you once again and wish you and yours a very merry christmas and all the best for the new year, Cheers

You're welcome for sure, it's the idea of the Forum as I see it?

Good luck in your search. PIU is still having an attractive sale on both Air and Solo, due to end soon. Not to panic of course, make a well considered choice, but be advised Randy (the owner) will generally 'price match' other Dealers (who can't even come close to his Customer Support in the unfortunate event you need it. Nobody I'd rather have 'in my corner'.

Glad you have the weed quality thing in hand. Hard to tell from here how dry your herb is, but you did foul the lower screen..... You might someday try putting freshly ground bud in a warm spot (I use the top of my router) for a bit. Any moisture you put in with the load has to be evaporated away before you can get to the good stuff. If it condenses inside the vape in the process it seems it's kind of a fouling magnet.

Best wishes to your and yours for the Holidays, even the vape stomping tag team.
PIU also has the FM Aura (not the Hybrid Aura) on sale for $99 but like OF commented, one would like to know how it compares to the imag plus at its current price point.

OF

OF,

little maggie

The V5.0s is a bit less money than the mini. I really don't need another vape but my VAS kicks in when I see one less than $100. I'm working on getting comfortable with the firewood but I'm under the impression that the flowermates have no learning curve. At least the one I had a few years ago was pretty easy.

little maggie,

Canuck420

The V5.0s is a bit less money than the mini. I really don't need another vape but my VAS kicks in when I see one less than $100. I'm working on getting comfortable with the firewood but I'm under the impression that the flowermates have no learning curve. At least the one I had a few years ago was pretty easy.

Pretty much zero learning curve, pack the chamber, click the button 5 times, wait for the light to stop flashing then hit it...

serialtoker

Still here Still
So todays puzzle is for those in the NO the knowlegable of this community, Precisley what are we looking at in the picture below, and the clue is FM Pro,exactly whats at the bottom of the chamber? answers on a post,no cards. please
DSCF0144.jpg

serialtoker,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
A screen similar to the one in the mouthpiece on my v5.0s, but shaped over a heating element, similar to how the mesh covers the element on an arizer eq.?

Canuck420

My Mini looks like that also..... That screen appears to have just been forced in there - they even scratched some of the chamber wall doing it.

serialtoker

Still here Still
I've had a close look inside my deceased chamber and there is a distinct clean square in the middle (you can see the ditinct square pattern in the pic) but there are no traces of a film or wires,I do have a pic but unfortunatly its on a camera thats downed tools in sympathy for ma Pro.
@Canuck 420 my pro was the same screen rammed in, scrapes on the chamber walls ,not the best but did'nt stop it doin a good job,for six weeks! Strangly my mini is'nt like that, I can clearly see all 5 holes in the bottom of the chamber, and no screen jammed in either, secondly the screens I got with my mini are different to the one I got with the Pro, bigger holes and thicker,the screens that came with the pro are like mouthpiece screens which look exactly the same as the one jammed into the chamber,same tiny holes but slightly larger diameter to ill fit in the chamber

Last edited:
serialtoker,

Canuck420

I think they must have decided on the later revisions of the mini to stop putting the screen at the bottom of the chamber as it's prone to clogging.... I guess if mine gets clogged I'll just pull it out, but right now it seems to be ok.

serialtoker

Still here Still
I'm not so sure it's a screen at all, it happens to be very very thin, much thinner on close inspection than the mouthpiece screens but same hole diameter size, it also seems to me that it may have been bonded to the bottom of the chamber (it did'nt come out easily) thus impossible to dislodge from above and would account for a clean square (which you can clearly see in the pic)in the bottom of the oven no trace of film or wire pattern, which leads me to the conclusion that it could be the heater element?
If you look at the pic bottom right there is a slight copper colour at the very edge,thats where the wires connect, I'm no electrician but I am intreagued as what I thought (as have others) was a rammed in screen might have been nothing of the sort.. ??? And just for the record it's a pic of my pro day 2 the scrach marks are mine ,trying to fish it out.

I've just found out that a friend of a friend has a pro he got 3 weeks ago and he's not impressed with it and so is gettin rid of it for something else HHHMMM I feel a dilema comin

Last edited:
serialtoker,

OF

I'm not so sure it's a screen at all, it happens to be very very thin, much thinner on close inspection than the mouthpiece screens but same hole diameter size, it also seems to me that it may have been bonded to the bottom of the chamber (it did'nt come out easily) thus impossible to dislodge from above and would account for a clean square (which you can clearly see in the pic)in the bottom of the oven no trace of film or wire pattern, which leads me to the conclusion that it could be the heater element?

No, you're looking at the normal floor plate, the one in flux right now it seems. I think it's Nickel not SS but it's manufactured for the job slightly oversize and 'pressed in'. You can usually find vertical scratches in the new ceramic tube? That's why. The plate gets distorted and 'spring back' locks the edges in. Like a ratchet, it only wants to go one way (deeper in), it's not meant to come out. It is not flat, but is rectangular in hole pattern which is what I think accounts for your funny pattern. The holes normally shouldn't foul, and they are now fouling 'selectively'. That is the center ones are staying clearer than those 'in the backwaters' as happens on streams (the center stays clear while stuff grows on the banks).

The heater element is wrapped around the tube part on the outside. There is no heater in the bottom, and probably not for a significant way up the wall. I'd be very surprised if it not all above the plate, but none of it is in the floor under the plate.

I'd clean it as best I could, keep the loads dry going it, and enjoy it.

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
I'd clean it as best I could, keep the loads dry going it, and enjoy it

You heartless sod ,It's deed man, I've just completed the PM and buried it today, and am still waitin on ma mini charging for the third time today.. ( this is" banter" not to be taken seriously) There are marks around the edge as you suggest,I can't see anything wrapped around the outside as yet because there are still pieces of the insulation stuck to the outer walls,and that oven is now demised,as I said not long completed the post mortem of which more later. I may be able to get a replacement pro cheap as stated earlier and given my trials with my first I'm in a better position to deal with possible issues now I know what I'm dealin with, Also had a look at PIU Image+ for 37 quid(forgot to check shipping) not bad at all I'M very tempted I've no seen one in these parts and I like something different and you seem to like it, hey at that price whats not to like, his prices on the FM's are almost exactly the same as I can source from here but so much more choice he will defo get my business at some point soon,no point doin it during this period of time, I do like the ecapple though and 66 notes on ebay is not bad, it's just the start for me I've only owned 2 so far but I've tested all the FM's barr the V8, an Ecapple,the plenty,and an i olite gas powered all in the portable range so far, volcano and another desk top that I don't know the name of, just as night follows day more will be accumulated,

serialtoker

Last edited:
serialtoker,

OF

Gentle Friends,

Further 'playing with pods' has found a new use for the herb pods for me. While looking for the 'sample pack' of old school hashes I stashed away a while back I found a couple more grams of what I termed 'no melt' bubble hash. The low end stuff screened off at the end, just before hitting the compost pile I'd guess. Still very potent, but not nearly as refined as the 'full melts' and so on from what the wine industry would call first pressings. Ten bucks a gram on sale. I thought I'd used it all up 'spiking' herb loads. Substituting say 1/3 of the herb, it can make a load go and go and go.....

Well it can do the same thing for the herb pods! The two types I have tried don't seem to foul the pods at all. The potency gain more than offsets the smaller volume, I'd say they're close to twice as potent as a full herb load (and the pod is normally about half a load 'barefoot').

So now it's got me rethinking the herb pod a bit, and got me in the market for some low end bubble hash..... Time to check out what's in that other case more closely. Time to branch out from CO2 oils again?

Kief might very well do the same thing, I don't know. Minor melting should be OK in that the pod will suffer but the oven not?? Such a pod should be easy to clean, or even discarded at five bucks?

If you've got bubble that 'fails the foil test' and your very own FM you might give this a go......

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
Hi All I was just up at flowermateusa.com (thats whats printed on the side of it's box) to check the authenticity code of my pro, put in the number and got a chinese answer so still not sure if it's authentic or not, so no help there just frustration and I have to say getting an answer in chinese on a supposed usa site is a bit strange, or is it just me? Anyway the answer has the code number then some chinese characters then 2015/12/21.3.32.00(date n time) then more chinese characters....... anyone at flowermateusa watchin? Could do with findin out if it was authentic.
The reason I am bringin this up is because there are some startling differences between what was my pro and an FM V 5s which I have here (bought here 4 mths ago but un used till I got it today) most obvious one being it's oven is glazed,mines was not, and my mini's is'nt either? Anyone any thoughts on glazed v unglazed, what's inside yours?

Seems a bit strange that there is such a difference in quality in the two units,the pro is more expensive but appears the poorer quality??

Last edited:
serialtoker,
Top Bottom