FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

throwawaytre3s

No doubt be giving yet more of my money to Randy to find out for sure when he gets them in.
OF

I'm intrigued by the mini pro. I have a regular pro right now, and I love it. Granted, it hasn't seen as much use since I've gotten my EQ back, but overall, I love it. I used it for the first time in a week or so earlier today, and I have to say, it didn't disappoint. I like the idea of a pro the size of the mini... even if it's just to carry around outside with me. Although I hardly do that. Man, I'll have to save up to justify it.

throwawaytre3s

Go for it. Otherwise you'll just be wasting money on rent, food and stuff like that. Be sure to pay the electric bill, of course, the Mini battery is smaller.......

OF

Haha, that's not quite what I meant. I have all that covered for a while, it's just within my personal expenditures, I budget my entertainment/vape and bud/games out of my discretionary spending. So Even my free money is budgeted.

ginolicious

Conduction vape AVB is still brown right?

I used a pax at a cottage and the AVB was always black. Was a bitch to draw from too. Same thing noticed with the solo. Shit like that bugs me.

ginolicious,
Reactions: OF

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'll try to suggest them to venture into convection land, we'll see what they can come up with. But I'm a little concerned about what they might put into the air-path, there is much more flow with convection and I want the path to be super clean from intake to my lungs. Just having a "partly isolated" path won't cut it this time.

But I wouldn't dismiss the new products too quickly. The Mini is a great success. The FM8 could be considered "using the FM5 bowl in a different packaging" but it's not: it's one of the few vapes using 3S cells and it has a (reported not measured) peak power output of 120W (more like 60W when in use), placing it well above the Mighty (one of the power heavy weights) and even above the Zion (title contender...although I re-read the Bud Toaster specs and I forgot how good it is) It also allowed them to evolve the FM5 platform to the Pro version by backporting its new features (OLED+variable temp) Unfortunately it has other issues and didn't meet the same success...

They sold also a lot of other models in OEM form (mostly via Atmos) which we don't hear about under their FlowerMate name. There was the VT1 which is more like a iMag / XMax / Herbstick Eco and a clear departure from the FM5 (I gave mine to a friend, he is happy with it) I think it's the resurrection of the failed G3 model, or I forgot how it was called? The FM Air appears to be its successor but I don't get why they reduced the battery capacity so much... portability?

Then there's the new desktop one, 3 in 1 as they call it... Again a completely different design, and rather innovative on top of that!

throwawaytre3s

Then there's the new desktop one, 3 in 1 as they call it... Again a completely different design, and rather innovative on top of that!

Whoa, I didn't know they're producing a desktop! I'll probably buy one after some reviews, just because I'm curious. VAS is hitting me hard. I want the enano, this new flowermate desktop, and an air.... ahh, I just need to really evaluate my needs and purchase based off that. If my DDave mod does a good enough job at improving my EQ, then I may forgo the enano for a while.

I'm digressing though. I think maybe it's important to have them release all these, precisely because of the reason you mentioned. Having those features backported, allowed for the most advanced model of a vape that we know works, and works extremely well for the price: The Flowermate V5 Pro. Trial and error, and all that, I suppose.

OF

Conduction vape AVB is still brown right?

Yup. Uniform and basically the color you decide on. In the end heat is heat, it makes no difference how it gets from one place to another. It's how much and where it ends up that counts. If the design is right, the distribution (and therefore result) is uniform.

Actually I find I have much more trouble getting uniform results out of convection vapes. Both the TV offerings and the ESV can have this problem since the path the hot air takes through the load determines where the heat goes in real time. T1 is especially sensitive to developing a flue in the load as it contracts under heat so the majority of the air scorches the walls but leaves the remote areas with no heating (sometimes this is called 'ducting'). Evolution had this 'the other way' since the column was narrow and long. Without the insulation of the sleeve the bottom (where the hot air enters) would over cook before enough hot air got up to the top to vape it. ESV is prone to 'hot spots' in the load unless the coil geometry and 'homogenizer' screens between the heater and load (to make the airflow more uniform) aren't set up right.

Mixing in such vapes can be necessary for uniform vaping in such vapes unlike in FM.

OF

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

Someone needs to get their hands on this one & review it. That is the cordless desktop one right?

Mixing in such vapes can be necessary for uniform vaping in such vapes unlike in FM.

My FM is the most consistent uniform ABV producer I have used. It can go from light tan to ace of spades but it will be uniform. If you need to stir a conduction vape you need a new one IMO.

VAS is hitting me hard. I want the enano, this new flowermate desktop, and an air.... ahh, I just need to really evaluate my needs and purchase based off that. If my DDave mod does a good enough job at improving my EQ, then I may forgo the enano for a while.

I suggest getting the Air but if you look at my sig you may see why. The DDave kit will transform the EQ pure & simple........

BigJohnny

Ah shit. So I broke my Flowermate Mini mouthpiece last night... Happy new hear lololol. Does anyone know where I can order a replacement from in the UK?

BigJohnny,
Reactions: kellya86

BigJohnny

@BigJohnny Have you tried vapefiend.com... ?

Have you been to the uk fc 2016 meet thread????

Edit ... just checked for you.. 6.99 for Pyrex
5.99 for silicone...

Yeah I get most of my stuff from Vapefiend but he doesn't stock Flowermate mini accessories. I'll have a look at the 2016 meet thread, cheers man, happy new year.

BigJohnny,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Ah sorry didn't see the mini bit. They don't seem to sell them, your right. Have you tried nemastevapes???

Happy new year to you too

kellya86,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
If you can get your hands on a silicone one I would recommend it but since you* fucked up & broke it that means you should now order an Ed's TNT mouthpiece as you will have a dedicated holder for it & that my friends is a win/win. I have also played around with a 14 & 18mm whip adapter & that works for water & the 14mm even works as a super strong mouthpiece.

*you means any FM owner who has broken a mouthpiece.

Stevenski,
Reactions: OF

OF

that means you should now order an Ed's TNT mouthpiece as you will have a dedicated holder for it & that my friends is a win/win.

Excellent tip! You need the metal threaded piece and the ribbed rubber insert inside it to use Ed's stems on FMs. You get these parts 'free' with your $10 replacement stem (I got mine from PIU) but don't throw the ones from the broken one away.

I figure that because I have an unused glass piece from my Ed's stem buy stashed away, I'll probably never break a stock stem. It's guys with no spares that get caught out?

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Excellent tip! You need the metal threaded piece and the ribbed rubber insert inside it to use Ed's stems on FMs. You get these parts 'free' with your $10 replacement stem (I got mine from PIU) but don't throw the ones from the broken one away.

I figure that because I have an unused glass piece from my Ed's stem buy stashed away, I'll probably never break a stock stem. It's guys with no spares that get caught out?

OF

If you are even mildly creative you could go to a large hardware store & find a replacement stem of some description. Just bring your screw in piece & see what fits. I bet there is an emergency stem in everyone's house somewhere it just needs to be found. You know the kind of people who find those emergency stems? Those who break their only glass one thats who :)

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
Hey you crazy bastards. Or maybe I'm the crazy bastard lol. I found this thread. I'm looking at the pro model for custom temperatures. I prefer convection as I like to pack small bowls and not tight. Draw resistance is a big issue with me. I do not have lung power to pull hard.

I'm a convection kinda of guy. My Vapir Rise desktop is convection and I love it. Just need that one portable at a reasonable price.

I'm considering this vape because we'll all the other ones I considered are a fortune. ESV is $483CDN. Crafty I do not want.

Air and Pax I have tried. Find there is way too much resistance and do not like it. Are all conduction vapes like those two?
Get a Grasshopper. Haha

Crussell27,
Top Bottom