FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

OF

@OF I'm really interested to know if the oil pod works with some actual good quality hash, not bubble hash or rosin or any other concentrate as most people know. Just actual hash.

Would you happen to have any lying about to try once your pods arrive?

Yes I do (have excellent quality/potency hash), they have (arrived), I have (tried it) and it does (work, as I've said). IMO useful, much more so than the herb version.

If you mean 'old school' pressed hash, I've got some somewhere but have no real interest/intent on trying it. The solvent refined concentrates available here are just much better IMO.

I'm not sure if that answers the question, but them I'm not really sure of the question......

OF

OF,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@OF sorry for the fuzzyness, yes I did mean old school pressed hash, but I have a very oily soft example of high quality, I don't have access to regular concentrate, only what I make myself. But I do have a sizable lump of the hash, it vapes lovely in my eq.

I would love to be able to vape the hash with my FM. But if your not up for trying it then fair enough, I will purchase a pod and try. Thanks for the reply,

kellya86,
Reactions: OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
@KeroZen I will try to put up some pics later today, is there a particular shot of the oven/heater u require, from the top/ bottom/ side ? I take it the heater is on the bottom of the oven?
I'm having a bad equipment week put new batteries in the camera ....Card error WTF !!! I have others which I shall dig out, not sure how I go about postin pics but bear with me al get there eventually,

Last edited:

OF

@OF sorry for the fuzzyness, yes I did mean old school pressed hash, but I have a very oily soft example of high quality, I don't have access to regular concentrate, only what I make myself. But I do have a sizable lump of the hash, it vapes lovely in my eq.

I would love to be able to vape the hash with my FM. But if your not up for trying it then fair enough, I will purchase a pod and try. Thanks for the reply,

OK I don't have "a very oily soft example of high quality" anyway, just some several year's old pressed hash I bought on an initial Dispensary. When I discovered the wax I bought the same time was so much superior for my needs. The solid hash was OK for blazinng, which I was still doing at the time, but for vaping it had problems with everything except my then new VG (conduction, not convection). I decided that unless it melted it wasn't going to cut it.

And again, I don't have the exact product you have anyway. I suggest for $7.50 ($5 plus $2.50 shipping) you can find out for sure?

Your call.

OF

OF

My pods already shipped and the guy followed up with an email with the manuals for the pods, so that's pretty good service :tup:

Yeah, me too. He even sent me the notice twice......guess he heard I miss a lot of stuff?

It's leaving Iowa, I'm on the West coast, wanna have a mail race? I have to use USPS the whole way......

No shipping to uk, let down. I want a pod.

So, like how much money you got.......

They are brand new here, single known source aside from buying a V3. I suspect in short order they'll be as widely available as FMs (since they fit many models).

Patience Grasshopper.....not the level of patientce the Grasshopper hopeful are facing of course, the FM would be obsolete by then......years down the road we'll hopefully have even better options. The Grasshopper guys may still be waiting......some more patient than others, Grasshopper.

I hope soon you too have one of your own, even if not in time to put under the Christmas Tree.

OF

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Ha, I don't think I have grasshopper levels of patience, maybe only saints have ordered them.

Maybe I will try to get someone in the states to get me one, and post it too me.
Thanks. :bang:

kellya86,

Canuck420

It's leaving Iowa, I'm on the West coast, wanna have a mail race? I have to use USPS the whole way......

No deal.... Stuff takes forever to get across the border, I've had things take 5 weeks from the US! They're sent letter mail, so if they look slim enough then maybe it'll come through faster as they're not interested in printed material.

Canuck420,

serialtoker

Still here Still
de429ce4-b563-4655-b51a-035ed67abaf2.jpg
DSCF0013.jpg
DSCF0011.jpg
DSCF0012.jpg
Havin bother uploadin pics, bear with me al be back, So the top,side and bottom view of the oven of an FM pro,only noticed the crack on the top of the chamber when I dismantled it, any help @KeroZen

Last edited:
serialtoker,
Reactions: KeroZen

OF

No deal.... Stuff takes forever to get across the border, I've had things take 5 weeks from the US! They're sent letter mail, so if they look slim enough then maybe it'll come through faster as they're not interested in printed material.

Funny we don't see that here often. I get stuff from PV a day or two later than stuff from PIU from 300 miles out. Looking at the map on the wall, perhaps it has something to do with gravity? Stuff going up the map has to fight it, down it's an advantage?

OF

OF,

Canuck420

Funny we don't see that here often. I get stuff from PV a day or two later than stuff from PIU from 300 miles out. Looking at the map on the wall, perhaps it has something to do with gravity? Stuff going up the map has to fight it, down it's an advantage?

OF

More about not wanting to miss any tax $'s.... Same reason legalization is suddenly appealing, plenty of tax $ to be made there too.

Canuck420,

serialtoker

Still here Still
And here's what it looks like stripped,from the left, The case/shell, the chassis, then from the top, top plate,below the display/main board,button board and hiding behind the charging board,then batteries. Between the chassis and dismantled FM, top chamber/oven spacer, below is the oven with connection wires/temp sensor, below that bottom oven spacer, then its a roll of polymide insulation tape, bottom sliding plate, hope this is of some use to anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation (blocked)
DSCF0007.jpg

Last edited:

jackhammer

Last edited:

OF

And here's what it looks like stripped,

The unit failed when you shifted the gasket just below the heater?

Do you have access to a 'meter'? We can narrow it down that way quickly I think.

How are the wires attached to the heater proper. The heater is a wire too of sorts, also most prone to sudden failure at the ends (they fail long term in the center by thinning typically). Mechanical tug of war at that point is almost always won by the wire. Is it possible for you to look at those attachments?

Three questions, hopefully easier to answer than to type out...... TIA

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
Cheers @OF I take it you are refering to the rubber/silicon spacer below the oven, I could not see any gasket as I know them, I do have a meter and intend to investigate more a bit later on (got things to do) All the wires are properly attached as far as I can see, both ends, exactly what is the heater? what am I looking for specifically, I really appreciate your input on this and am still hopeful I can bring it back to life. And 2 fingered typin is a bind I need a PA=Personal assistant not public address system, good job av got ma mini as back up

Last edited:

OF

Cheers @OF I take it you are refering to the rubber/silicon spacer below the oven, I could not see any gasket as I know them, I do have a meter and intend to investigate more a bit later on (got things to do) All the wires are properly attached as far as I can see, both ends, exactly what is the heater? what am I looking for specifically, I really appreciate your input on this and am still hopeful I can bring it back to life. And 2 fingered typin is a bind I need a PA=Personal assistant not public address system, good job av got ma mini as back up

Must be the same part. I'm calling it a gasket since it seems to be part of the airpath, a seal, controlling (or in your case, blocking) the flow path. No matter.

I'd measure the heater resistance, in the few Ohms is fine, we're worried about opens.

Hard to say what the element is from here. Often it's a deposited metal (or even carbon) film, like a printed pattern. Sometimes a fine wire, sometimes exposed sometimes even imbedded in the ceramic. I would guess it's a deposited film with bonded (sometimes spot welded) contacts. Often the film 'flares out' near the contact for more mechanical strength. A common mechanical failure is at the bond.

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
Sound, I've got a better idea of what I'm lookin for now, although I am a bit apprehensive with the "we're worried about opens" comment, am no sure what that means?(Ignorance on my part) will do as you advise though and check the resistance then get the magnifying headset out and have a serious look about the oven to see if I can spot anything that looks like your descriptions, al see if I can get my camera sorted and take a few close ups if I can, thanks again

serialtoker,

OF

I am a bit apprehensive with the "we're worried about opens" comment, am no sure what that means?

Open circuits are where the 'circle' is broken physically. Like a cut or broken wire, of a switch turned 'off'. The electrons can't flow past the gap, no conductor (usually a metal path) is available. On the Ohm meter function this is the reading you get before you connect the leads (typically something like a single "1"). Shorting the leads to each other should give you a reading close to zero Ohms (the leads still have some resistance themselves. On say 2000 or 200 Ohm ranges something less than 10 for a good heater.

From a troubleshooting POV we're only really worried about numbers bigger, usually much bigger. Lots of resistance means slow power flow, just like in life.

The temperature sensors typically are close to 10,000 Ohms (AKA 10K) and changes a bit with temperature (usually down with heat), but that part seems to be functioning if it 'sees' reasonable temperatures.

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
It is with great sadness I have to announce the death of ma pro!!! Got the multimeter out to find battery dead,went to charge some batteries then got bounced by the grandkids one of which knocked it off the table and the other one stood on it,( Not thier fault I should have lifted it immediatly they arrived) there is now a crack up the side of the oven and a bit is broken between the holes on the bottom, I think it maybe beyond repair now. it still swiches on etc but I think the oven is trashed

Top Bottom