FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Robert-in-YEG

Yep, posted a question there; no response.

So far, the Flowermate has exceeded my expectations. In some ways, I like this better than the Solo II. The vapor is good, it heats up fast, and it produces psychoactive effects.

What I don't like is loading and emptying. The oven is very deep, making it a pain to empty.

I've filled it with ground herb and have also tried small 'popcorn' buds; both work fine. It heats faster than the Solo II, the battery life is amazing, and no problems with airflow.

This morning I enjoyed some White Widow using the WPA and my bong; it works great.

There is a dry herb pot/dosing capsule, but everything I've read said it isn't the greatest. I can pack a lot of herb in the oven. The unit goes through cannabis quickly. It isn't as efficient as the Arizer.

There is lots of hype about the XMax V3 Pro; it is a good vape. Of the two however, my preference is the Flowemate. The V3 Pro for me has great flavour, but it is weak in terms of delivering psychoactive effects.

Robert-in-YEG

"Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a mechanic".
~ Your guess

Robert-in-YEG,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
They provide you with a metal scoop tool to ease removal of the material after use. But above all, with this vape you need to tamp the load relatively hard such that it makes a little puck, using the flat end of the scoop tool. This removes all air pockets and increases the contact surface area with the oven walls, increasing in turn vapor production considerably.

If you don't shake the device and if you don't draw too hard the puck should stay in place until the end of the session. If you draw too hard it can rise and you have to open the top and push it back down.

As for cleaning, if you empty the oven as soon as the session is over it's much easier. If you let the ABV caramelize inside when cooling down, it can indeed become a bit harder to empty. There's also the minor issue with plant bits getting in the groove between the plastic top and the aluminium shell when you load it. On later devices they started providing some kind of metal funnel to cope with that.

It's still my favorite conduction vape. Especially the variants with two cells inside as they have excellent battery life.

Robert-in-YEG

They provide you with a metal scoop tool to ease removal of the material after use. But above all, with this vape you need to tamp the load relatively hard such that it makes a little puck, using the flat end of the scoop tool. This removes all air pockets and increases the contact surface area with the oven walls, increasing in turn vapor production considerably.

If you don't shake the device and if you don't draw too hard the puck should stay in place until the end of the session. If you draw too hard it can rise and you have to open the top and push it back down.

As for cleaning, if you empty the oven as soon as the session is over it's much easier. If you let the ABV caramelize inside when cooling down, it can indeed become a bit harder to empty. There's also the minor issue with plant bits getting in the groove between the plastic top and the aluminium shell when you load it. On later devices they started providing some kind of metal funnel to cope with that.

It's still my favorite conduction vape. Especially the variants with two cells inside as they have excellent battery life.
Thanks for the tips...

The Flowermate Pro is much more portable than the Solo II. I also picked up a Fowermate Nano. It should be here on Thursday.

Robert-in-YEG

download (1).jpeg

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The Nano is nice but the vapor path is slightly shorter due to the smaller stem, making it a tad hotter. On the other hand it seems to extract even faster than the other 5x variants. Just beware that there is a design flaw with the bottom lid (the one on top of the battery lid that also keeps the stem stored in place during transport): the locking part is sadly super fragile and it can break easily (happened to me and also to at least one other FC member IIRC)

Don't know what advice I could give you to prevent that apart from moving it out of the way when you close the lid instead of just clicking it closed. It will make more sense when you receive it you'll see.

Robert-in-YEG

I now have both Flowermates. Both will be vapes I will be using on a regular basis.

Commonalities
There is no doubt that both of these are quality built portable vapes that can handle moderate everyday use. Of the two, the Nano looks more modern and feels more like a premium device. By comparison, the Pro seems utilitarian.

Both need to be packed with care and cleaned regularly to ensure airflow isn't an issue. Air flow is more restrictive than a Tera, but still usable. Subjectively, I would say that airflow is similar to the Solo II. Both can produce lots of vapour, and both allow the taste of quality herb to be experienced through the glass mouthpieces.

Flowermate Pro
I received the Pro first, and I really like this vape. I like the way it looks and feels, the taste, it has great battery life, it is easy to carry around, or take on a trip. the unit is big not huge; it is like a big power bank.

The Pro reminds me of the Solo II. Of these two, the latter is more convenient than the Flowermate. Aroma tubes are easier to fill, easier to clean, and too many of my days are using aroma tubes, because it is makes chain-vaping so easy. The Flowermate forces me to slow down and respect the ritual.

Flowermate Nano
When I received this yesterday, after having a first vape, I was underwhelmed; it just wasn't a good experience. I am happy to say that after using the Nano today, it is pretty decent. I've had some really good flavour and solid psychoactive effects.

The Nano takes its time to heat. I'm thinking anywhere from 60 to 90 seconds; it isn't quick and fast like the Pro. The heat up time is more like the Arizer Argo. Once the Nano has reached temp, it seem to have a more powerful oven than the ArGo. The ArGo on the other hand supports the convenient aroma tubes.

The Nano is a pain in the ass to load with ground herb. There is a loading funnel to help keep things clean; it sucks. On the Pro it is easy to brush off excess herb, but the Nano is so small it's a choice between the funnel or making a bit of a mess. The Nano is however powerful enough to cook small popcorn buds, which are easy to load and remove. Both produce the most vapour with ground herb, but do OK with just about anything. As long as not over packed, airflow and draw is OK.

One thing I don't really like is the mouthpiece because it seems very fragile, The glass is not attached to the base; it is held by a silicon ring. My first though was that I got a broken unit, but this look to be by design. Yes, everything can be put in a ziplock bag with some alcohol, but the alcohol cannot be good for the very tiny silicon rings. I'm pretty sure that these are replaceable, but that comes with cost and effort.

I really do like the look and feel of the Nano; it feels really high-tech; it is just feels cool. Battery life seems pretty decent and I have lots of 18650's. I could see using this daily, but I am wary of the silicon rings. If I were to use, I would replace these fairly often. New silicon doesn't bother me, but I'm not so sure about older repeatedly cooked silicon.

At some point I will do full reviews. For now if anyone has questions, let me know.

Robert-in-YEG

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
On the Pro stem you can pull the glass out of the holder, then remove the silicone piece from the metal base. This way you can spare the silicone life when you clean the rest with alcohol.

I'm not a fan of the Nano stem on the hand. It's shorter and does not cool the vapor as well.

Robert-in-YEG

On the Pro stem you can pull the glass out of the holder, then remove the silicone piece from the metal base. This way you can spare the silicone life when you clean the rest with alcohol.

I'm not a fan of the Nano stem on the hand. It's shorter and does not cool the vapor as well.
Thank you. I didn't know that.

I wish I had bought a second mouthpiece when I bought the Nano. Now I have to pay shipping again.

Robert-in-YEG

advice-never-listen-any-advice-not-even-this-one-anonymous-stupid-quote.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

Robert-in-YEG

There is now a resource page for the Flowermate Nano 5

Robert-in-YEG,

Robert-in-YEG

No one ever talks about Flowermates. Not sure why, but they resonate with me.

Both the Flowermate Pro and the Nano both like course ground dry flower. That is what works the best, for me. I've tried lots of different ways of packing, but I use exactly 1/4 teaspoon of dry ground herb. The Nano is slightly smaller, so I adjust slightly. To fill I use a small funnel that comes with the Nano. I don't pack, I simply use a stirring rod to let the ground flower fall from the funnel, into the oven.

Once the vape hits temp, I wait about 30 seconds and start vaping. The Nano likes short pipe like puffs, the Pro works with puffs or a slow steady draw.

Both of these create strong psychoactive effects for me. In some ways, I like the Flowermate more than the Solo II, but loading is a pain compared to the simplicity of the Arizer. I would definitely be able to vape more weed, in a shorter period of time, in the Solo. For heavy daily use, the Solo is the winner.

Battery life on the Nano is excellent. I get 11 sessions out of one battery.

Robert-in-YEG

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
No one ever talks about Flowermates. Not sure why, but they resonate with me.

Just a heads up to Nano owners. There is a new thread ‘Compatible vaporizer parts and accessories’ that identifies a whole new way to use the solidly build Nano to heat a DynaVap, plus other good info. Love my three Nanos.

Never use the glass mouth piece. Instead I use several alternatives that works far better than the glass tube provided. A DV glass wpa, a Simrell Vortex stem, an M with a Simrell Stinger, a third part Argo glass stem and probably a couple I’ve forgotten. They all fit snugly over the metal screw on fitting's O rings ( what the glass tube slides into ) and a must for cooler draws at temp above 380F.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Never use the glass mouth piece

Can you store your alternatives inside the bottom compartment? I rarely use my Nano, I like that everything is self contained so I don't have to keep spare parts around.

Any glass stem looks suspicious when you get controlled by the police, especially if there's some reclaim in it. So at least with the original stored inside, the whole vape looks like some kind of USB appliance... or you can pretend it's an e-cig and they don't even try to open it.

But to be honest, I practically don't use conduction vapes anymore these days. If I need something super stealthy, say to cross a border or bring in a plane, I might take the FlowerMate CAP as it is super tiny. Or I take one of my concentrates 510 attys (CeraWax or DTv4 Quartz Quest) on a eLeaf Pico mod... and then it really looks like an e-cig, no second guessing.

KeroZen,

justcametomind

I suspect Flowermate is out of business. Their last social media post is early January. They never missed a 4.20

justcametomind,

Robert-in-YEG

Nobody ever talks about the Flowermate Pro. Am I the only Flowermate fan here on Fuckcombustion?

While I don't mind using the glass mouthpiece, my Flowermate is used exclusively with a bong. The Flowermate Pro reaches a peak temperature of 446F. The only vape that gets hotter is the Starry v3, which peaks at 464F. The big difference is taste and the ability to cook at high temperatures. When used at its hottest, the Starry typically shows signs of combustion leaving black AVB. By comparison, the Flowermate leaves very dark brown AVB. The unit rarely scorches the flower, and does a better job of preserving the flavour.

The oven on the Flowermate Pro is bigger than average. This, along with a bong, makes for decent hits.

Where the Flowermate stumbles is ease of use. To load the Flowermate a small funnel is used to help load the flower into the oven. The funnel is a pain in the ass. Screens and cleaning are a hassle; the screen in the WPA plugs quickly. It's not huge hassle, but ease of use could be improved.

This morning I am doing Kosher Kush in the Flowermate Pro. This is a nice strain. Good taste, great buzz, but a dry mouth.

Robert-in-YEG

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It was clearly my favorite in the range. I barely ever use conduction vapes anymore these days, but if I did the FM5-Pro would most probably still be my go-to choice.

My batteries are not going as strong as when I got it, and there seems to be some excessive self-discharge even when powered off. When I do my annual checks I always find it empty, even if it was topped to 80% the previous time. That being said it did see heavy use when it was in rotation.

I agree with the rest of what you say, especially the loading part. Plant bits have a bad tendency to go inside the minute gap between the top cover and the aluminium body. I had a technique to use the palm of my hand as a funnel but yeah it was never perfect.

Robert-in-YEG

It was clearly my favorite in the range. I barely ever use conduction vapes anymore these days, but if I did the FM5-Pro would most probably still be my go-to choice.

My batteries are not going as strong as when I got it, and there seems to be some excessive self-discharge even when powered off. When I do my annual checks I always find it empty, even if it was topped to 80% the previous time. That being said it did see heavy use when it was in rotation.

I agree with the rest of what you say, especially the loading part. Plant bits have a bad tendency to go inside the minute gap between the top cover and the aluminium body. I had a technique to use the palm of my hand as a funnel but yeah it was never perfect.
My time is split between conduction and convection. I'll do a session on a conduction vape, followed up by a session on a conduction vape. The two together, with their slightly different effects, makes for an excellent buzz.

The Flowermate preserves the flavour better than my other conduction vapes, with the except the Solo II.

One thing I should have mentioned is coughing. For me, the Flowermate is very smooth, making coughs rare. Even with the glass mouthpiece, I get less coughing.

Replacing the batteries on the Flowermate Pro is pretty easy if you use a prebuilt pack like below or by building a new power pack with good 18650 batteries. While the prebuilt battery pack is easy, the item below is likely built with Chinese batteries.

Robert-in-YEG

hillbill

I have used Flowermates for many years and was very pleased, but portables have come a long way in displays and free draw etc. Still use a V5S and a Pro that is six or seven years old. Both have 30 second warming.

Top Bottom