FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Canuck420

Inc the Mini? Is the chamber on the mini the same size as the rest? On the youtube video referenced above, the guy mentions the V5, V5s and Pro, but no mention of the mini....

The pods appeal to me as I hate cleaning the chamber - easy just to dump out the pod and clean it instead.

Canuck420,
Reactions: OF

OF

Inc the Mini? Is the chamber on the mini the same size as the rest? On the youtube video referenced above, the guy mentions the V5, V5s and Pro, but no mention of the mini....

The pods appeal to me as I hate cleaning the chamber - easy just to dump out the pod and clean it instead.

I've answered that a couple of times in the last few days........

OF

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
Gentle friends, after this mornings positive results with the concentrate pod I decided to press on with the herb version. After fumbling with it for a few minutes when I first got it and finding the herb pod very difficult to load without making a big old mess I ordered FM's new grinder/loading tool, "Load-X":
http://www.puffitup.com/Flowermate-LoadX-Grinder-Loader-p/fm.108_grind.htm
Isn't static electricity a problem with that thing? I got a plastic container for my abv and it sticks to it like crazy.

Hubs88,

throwawaytre3s

@OF you seem to be very knowledgeable about the flowermate. I'm looking to get a silicon mouthpiece, just as insurance against breaking the glass one. I'm careful with my stuff, I'd just like to know I have a backup. Any pointers as to a reputable site? Vape mood (one of the first ones that comes up on google for the silicon mouthpiece), has some bad feedback.

throwawaytre3s,

OF

Isn't static electricity a problem with that thing? I got a plastic container for my abv and it sticks to it like crazy.

It might under other conditions, it's pretty cold and moist here now. But I don't think it's a big deal since you have to stuff the herb down a hole with the loading tool, the stuff that sticks to the plastic will still be there next time you use it. It all 'stacks up' for storage.

@OF you seem to be very knowledgeable about the flowermate. I'm looking to get a silicon mouthpiece, just as insurance against breaking the glass one. I'm careful with my stuff, I'd just like to know I have a backup. Any pointers as to a reputable site? Vape mood (one of the first ones that comes up on google for the silicon mouthpiece), has some bad feedback.

For which model? For V5 (but not V3 or Mini) the VT1 MP will work fine. Funny, it only 'grabs' a thread or two but it works well and is Silicone rubber and also fits most (but not all) the 14mm GonG fittings I have:
http://www.puffitup.com/Flowermate-V1-Mouthpiece-p/fm.vt1-102_stem.htm

Apologies.... Selective vision, I even read those posts too...

No problem. I recalled doing it because I had to dig out and empty (I store them loaded and ready to go) and try the Mini to be sure before answering, then a day or so later I remembered "I don't have to check, I just did....).

At this point I think the herb pods are convenient, but not ideal? You can hold more, get better vapor and use less battery the old fashioned way. Keeping the load dry before going in makes keeping it clean much easier I think. You might try that (drying first)?

Merry Christmas to all, time to get back to the debates......fun times, these.

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
So just had to dismantle the pro, only been six weeks of service but the bottom screen clogged up with dust from about 2 oz of well dried flower, upon dropping the inards out of the shell I noticed that the rubber spacer at the bottom of the oven was bent over, partially blocking the holes on the oven bottom,there was a bit of fine abv debris under the oven which seems to have caused the problem,cleaned off with iso, I have managed to get the screen out with a bit of perseverance but my problem now is this, it switches on but does'nt heat up,checked all the wiring which seems fine, Anyone got any ideas ???

serialtoker,

throwawaytre3s

The V5 Pro. Good to know the VT1 mouthpiece will work then! No issues with stripping threads or anything since it only grabs a few? Thanks a bunch man!

So just had to dismantle the pro, only been six weeks of service but the bottom screen clogged up with dust from about 2 oz of well dried flower, upon dropping the inards out of the shell I noticed that the rubber spacer at the bottom of the oven was bent over, partially blocking the holes on the oven bottom,there was a bit of fine abv debris under the oven which seems to have caused the problem,cleaned off with iso, I have managed to get the screen out with a bit of perseverance but my problem now is this, it switches on but does'nt heat up,checked all the wiring which seems fine, Anyone got any ideas ???

This is worrying indeed.

throwawaytre3s,

OF

I have managed to get the screen out with a bit of perseverance but my problem now is this, it switches on but does'nt heat up,checked all the wiring which seems fine, Anyone got any ideas ???

I won't say I've never taken something apart and couldn't get it working again. I've taken boxes of parts to more expert guys hat in hand. And I've moved what used to be good gear into the parts bin.

While I've never messed inside any of my FMs (I have peeked inside a couple) the general pattern is four wires to the heater assembly, two for the heater, two for temperature sensing. Usually the sensor wires are smaller. Breaks in any of these (and it might not be where you can see it) will do what you describe. That is a broken heater wire (either one) will obviously keep it from heating, but almost always the processor has a 'reality check' on the sensor too before allowing heating (for the obvious reason).

Dollars to doughnuts one of those wires has failed. Unfortunately it's most likely not something you can fix. Worth checking I think, for instance short circuits can be the actual failure too, and they can be fixed usually. Wires broken at the PCB can also be fixed (given appropriate skills of course), and absent mechanical abuse (like pinching) wires fail on the ends almost all the time.

I'm afraid you're going to end up going in again, good luck with it.

The V5 Pro. Good to know the VT1 mouthpiece will work then! No issues with stripping threads or anything since it only grabs a few?

No, the threads are 'right' there just aren't many of them engaging. There's not that much engagement with the normal stock stem anyway. It's plenty solid, but it acts more like bayonet fittings like on Imag+. Easy on easy off. The 'nose' isn't as long either. It doesn't have a screw off cap like the V5s do. So it also doesn't stick as far in as the stock ones do so you might squeeze in a bit more herb?

It works fine, I just didn't like it as much as the glass ones. For ten bucks to PIU you too can try it and know for sure.......

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
Cheers @OF nipped or broken wire sounds possible and worth checkin out, but I'll leave it till daylight strikes before I attempt any more footering about, its darkoclock here and its been a lllooonnnggg day, thanks for the prompt repy I appreciate it greatly

serialtoker,

OF

Cheers @OF nipped or broken wire sounds possible and worth checkin out, but I'll leave it till daylight strikes before I attempt any more footering about, its darkoclock here and its been a lllooonnnggg day, thanks for the prompt repy I appreciate it greatly

You're welcome, thanks for the update.

Now, if we never hear from you again, we'll know why.........

Good luck with it.

OF

OF,

Canuck420

No problem. I recalled doing it because I had to dig out and empty (I store them loaded and ready to go) and try the Mini to be sure before answering, then a day or so later I remembered "I don't have to check, I just did....).

At this point I think the herb pods are convenient, but not ideal? You can hold more, get better vapor and use less battery the old fashioned way. Keeping the load dry before going in makes keeping it clean much easier I think. You might try that (drying first)?

It's not really dirty at this point, only been used a couple of times - even just emptying the chamber I find a hassle, but then maybe I'm underestimating how much of a hassle loading/emptying a pod is too...

BTW - the robot fart smell wasn't noticeable when using flower - so either the burn in did the trick or it's being masked, either way it's not bothersome now.

Canuck420,

Putricio

I'm looking forward to testing the pods out, but I doubt that I'll be using them on a regular basis. I wonder why they didn't design them like the Cloud Evo pods (patented perhaps)? why not make them all mesh, as opposed to some solid stainless steel sections.

Putricio,

OF

It's not really dirty at this point, only been used a couple of times - even just emptying the chamber I find a hassle, but then maybe I'm underestimating how much of a hassle loading/emptying a pod is too...

BTW - the robot fart smell wasn't noticeable when using flower - so either the burn in did the trick or it's being masked, either way it's not bothersome now.

It's not only the hassle but the big loss of load volume/weight. I carefully loaded my Mini last night in the normal way, a tiny bit over half a gram! That's 1/4 of what I was running in the pods. The load is not only a fair bit shorter but more importantly smaller in diameter. Volume in cylinders drops fast as the diameter drops, that old "Radius squared" thing...... You need several pods for the same dose, and that can really eat up the batteries since you have to wait so long between hits. The five minutes in the V3 only allows a few hits per cycle, and the small battery (1300mAh) only allows a few cycles. V5s would do better here, but still be limited out early?

I'm not so sure it's masking the remainder as much as condensate sealing the surfaces up, not that it matters if the problem is fixed?

I'm looking forward to testing the pods out, but I doubt that I'll be using them on a regular basis. I wonder why they didn't design them like the Cloud Evo pods (patented perhaps)? why not make them all mesh, as opposed to some solid stainless steel sections.

The frame is necessary to keeping them fitting well I think, and really doesn't block any significant 'escape route' for vapor, there's plenty of area there relative to the screens and stem. If they got out of round they could easily jam in, clamped tighter by contracting oven walls, I think. The big problem is the cage further cuts the available diameter. It's also necessary to have enough wall to thread for the cap in this design. To me the design seems well thought out, but 'after the fact'. It would work better in a 'better aspect ratio oven' (bigger in diameter and shorter).

They are what they are, and I think the concentrate version is the real star. They will, I think sell at many levels, but I doubt I'll be buying any more than the 3 herb pods I have. More concentrate carts, OTOH, I can see putting into kits with the vape, charger and herb for 'on the go use'.

OF

OF,

Canuck420

It's not only the hassle but the big loss of load volume/weight. I carefully loaded my Mini last night in the normal way, a tiny bit over half a gram! That's 1/4 of what I was running in the pods. The load is not only a fair bit shorter but more importantly smaller in diameter. Volume in cylinders drops fast as the diameter drops, that old "Radius squared" thing...... You need several pods for the same dose, and that can really eat up the batteries since you have to wait so long between hits. The five minutes in the V3 only allows a few hits per cycle, and the small battery (1300mAh) only allows a few cycles. V5s would do better here, but still be limited out early?

I'm not so sure it's masking the remainder as much as condensate sealing the surfaces up, not that it matters if the problem is fixed?

The frame is necessary to keeping them fitting well I think, and really doesn't block any significant 'escape route' for vapor, there's plenty of area there relative to the screens and stem. If they got out of round they could easily jam in, clamped tighter by contracting oven walls, I think. The big problem is the cage further cuts the available diameter. It's also necessary to have enough wall to thread for the cap in this design. To me the design seems well thought out, but 'after the fact'. It would work better in a 'better aspect ratio oven' (bigger in diameter and shorter).

They are what they are, and I think the concentrate version is the real star. They will, I think sell at many levels, but I doubt I'll be buying any more than the 3 herb pods I have. More concentrate carts, OTOH, I can see putting into kits with the vape, charger and herb for 'on the go use'.

OF

The reduced capacity is not really a problem for me at this point - I'm a lightweight, my second session with the FM Mini - 4 tokes with < 0.1g and I was completely baked.

Yea - just glad the robot fart smell/taste is gone now, it is pretty gnarly out of the box, but it's gone now and that's all that matters....

Canuck420,

serialtoker

Still here Still
Hi All, Sorry @OF am back.First of all this is not for the faint of heart, opening up your vape voids the warranty, I did not do this just for a look, I had NO Choice my pro was blocked solid after six weeks of daily use (and about 2oz of bone dry flower)and thus useless,75 notes down the drain. IMHO this was as a result of A/ faulty placement of the bottom rubber spacer under the oven partially blocking two of the five holes and B/ a screen jammed tightly into the oven floor which cannot be cleaned/maintained in situ, and IMHO cannot be removed by any other means than opening it up.
So went back into the pro this morning to check all wires were still connected as should be, my well shot eyes are struggling to see such small components so I got out a jewellers headset magnifying lens(x3 different strengths not sure what strength it is when combined), the temp sensor wires are thin but I can't see any breaks, pressed some suspect bends to no avail connection to the oven is good,(had to strip the lagging off the oven to check the sensor),put my thumb on the temp sensor the temp starts goin up so its working.
Got it stripped down completly now,pushes out from the top, everything out the chassis, boards(x3 )slip out upward, batteries slip out, oven sits between two silicone/rubber spacers gently pulled out from the bottom ,as I said stripped the lagging off the oven (the tape is difficult to peel and get started but persevere) to check the connections which appear to be good, I can't see any shorts on the main board/display all appears clean and I am looking at it through x30 possibly more jewellers headset so I can see fine detail all the different numbers on the various bits and chips on the board all appear fine so far (I also know looks can be decieving). I will try (No promises/other more pressing matters) to put up some shots of my now naked pro in due course However problem still remains everything works but no heat all wires appear good, but no power to the oven?
I am Not finished yet so al get back to you when its sussed or bust,

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

Hi All, went back into the pro this morning to check all wires were still connected as should be, my well shot eyes are struggling to see such small components so I got out a jewellers headset magnifying lens(x3 different strengths not sure what strength it is when combined), the temp sensor wires are thin but I can't see any breaks, pressed some suspect bends to no avail connection to the oven is good,(had to strip the lagging off the oven to check the sensor),put my thumb on the temp sensor the temp starts goin up so its working.
Got it stripped down completly now,pushes out from the top, everything out the chassis, boards(x3 )slip out upward, batteries slip out, oven sits between two silicone/rubber spacers gently pulled out from the bottom ,as I said stripped the lagging off the oven (the tape is difficult to peel and get started but persevere) to check the connections which appear to be good, I can't see any shorts on the main board/display all appears clean and I am looking at it through x30 possibly more jewellers headset so I can see fine detail all the different numbers on the various bits and chips on the board all appear fine so far (I also know looks can be decieving). I will try (No promises/other more pressing matters) to put up some shots of my now naked pro in due course However problem still remains everything works but no heat all wires appear good, but no power to the oven?
I am Not finished yet so al get back to you when its sussed or bust,
Thanks for the update man! I hope you get it working again, keep us updated. Maybe page @KeroZen , him and OF seem to know a lot about the FM.

serialtoker

Still here Still
Indeed they do and the more I hear from them the better, I'm not givin up yet, thinkin about replacing the two power wires to the oven as everything else is workin. I have'nt got a clue how to page anyone?

Last edited:
serialtoker,

throwawaytre3s

Indeed they do and the more I hear from them the better, I'm not givin up yet, thinkin about replacing the two power wires to the oven as everything else is workin. I have'nt got a clue how to page anyone?
Already done! In order to do it, you use an at sign followed by their username. Like this: @serialtoker . You'll get a notification that I tagged you, essentially paging the person.

Also good idea! Experimentation is great, its how we learn! Plus it may give you a working vape to boof!

throwawaytre3s,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hm you removed the polyimide (yellowish) tape? Beware that it has a purpose.

Tried checking for continuity on the heater wires with a multimeter taping the wires on the PCB side? If both wire pairs are intact I'm afraid it could be a shot component on the circuit board, but I have no idea why it would have happened. What did you do prior to the failure you said? Just removed the screen?

serialtoker

Still here Still
Yeah realised it was blockin up so gave it some mouth to oven suction and it blocked completely, I could'nt see the point in tryin to dig it out (and that was the only way from above nothin was small enough to fit in the holes tried baiting needles tiny jewllerey screws) so remembered readin (possibly on here) that you could remove the 2 screws on the top plate and went ahead it pushed out quite easily (apart from the display screen and 2 buttons which fell out) upon doing so noticed the rubber spacer on the bottom of the oven had doubled over on itself (whilst being manufactured) partially blocking 2 of the five holes in the bottom,it was covered in fine abv dust,thats what blocked the fine screen in the oven and because it was pushed home hard on the bottom the dust compacted in the holes,I couldnt see through it when I got it out

I took a small jewllery screwdriver and pushed the rubber spacer into its proper position(un doubled it) and then pressed the bottom of the oven out on the display side,there's a gap in the chassis,I then put a needle into the centre hole and had to push reasonably hard a couple of times before it moved,then had to push it all the way to the top,could'nt see any damage to the oven, then put everything back as was, put a ss screen in cut to size,filled it up hit the button, system on, no temp change, knocked it into standby ok, hit the botton again same no heat,kinda puzzled maself, so what purpose does the polymide insulation have,apart from the obvious? It was'nt tampered with in the screen removal

Last edited:

OF

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@OF I'm really interested to know if the oil pod works with some actual good quality hash, not bubble hash or rosin or any other concentrate as most people know. Just actual hash.

Would you happen to have any lying about to try once your pods arrive?

kellya86,
Top Bottom