Vitolo

Vaporist
Be patient.
Keep trying... with a very dry and fine grind.
Then if you are not able to "get it" you can write to FV
Question:
Have you combusted yet?
Many users have combusted when they 1st tried FV.
.... Can you touch the screen without getting burned?
Tweek forgot to mention, you are supposed to touch it with the tip of your tongue. (joke)

:o
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I recently bought this unit and after 6 attempts and having read all different user's techniques included in this thread, I still can't get any vapor out of it!
Not using the S2 kit, grinding my bud fine, filling the bowl half, new fresh battery, shake after every draw, I do ALL of the above but I don't see any vapor...but just a vague taste in my mouth! The unit is working because it gets warm after few hits.
When I've 'finished' my weed is toasted but still green. I then put the same weed in the Solo and the vapor comes...really frustrating.
Are you not supposed to see any vapor upon exhalation? Or is a vapor-less vaporizer??
If your using it in stock mode with the 3.2 batts try just covering the screen and not half full of bud . lay on the power more , try 8-10 seconds then take a very very slow draw or using the nose method from the MFLB .

IF you don't get vapor or blacken your herb a bit (or a lot) its not getting hot enough .

EDIT : with only six attempts your probably where that rest of us were , that's not much time to give yourself to learn a lot of vapes .

Last edited:

Tweek

Be patient.
Keep trying... with a very dry and fine grind.
Then if you are not able to "get it" you can write to FV
Question:
Have you combusted yet?
Many users have combusted when they 1st tried FV.

Tweek forgot to mention, you are supposed to touch it with the tip of your tongue. (joke)

:o
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

Thanks, now I won't be able to taste the smoked ribs I'm making for dinner. :rant::party:

hoptimum

Probably so, but like you, I didn't get much out of the original batteries. Mention to the company that you aren't satisfied with the performance of the stock batteries and they might send you some S2's. Couldn't hurt to ask. They do make a huge difference and they can cause your herb to combust if you're not careful

SeriouslyHIgh

Retailer
Thank you all.
@Vitolo: I have combusted ....twice...usually when I get frustrated. When that happens I know I'm holding it for too long but I want to make sure it's getting hot enough.
@Tweek: the unit (outside) near the bowl gets warm. Never touched the screen.
@Pipes: buttons are on, light is green, all tight.
@RB: all i see through the top glass is a beautiful 'bubble' of vapor as I draw first. But that's it...no more vapor after that.

Tweek

Thank you all.
@Vitolo: I have combusted ....twice...usually when I get frustrated. When that happens I know I'm holding it for too long but I want to make sure it's getting hot enough.
@Tweek: the unit (outside) near the bowl gets warm. Never touched the screen.
@Pipes: buttons are on, light is green, all tight.
@RB: all i see through the top glass is a beautiful 'bubble' of vapor as I draw first. But that's it...no more vapor after that.

Hmmm...my screen without the spacer, gets hot enough to combust with the stock batteries. I even have a photo around here of it glowing. I would touch base with FV...they have great CS and will help you sort that out quick. May be an issue with your unit.

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK....
my thoughts are ...
if you are combusting when frustrated this is NOT a matter of a faulty FV or battery.... but could possibly be a case of learning curve.
Breath control is a factor.
have you used MFLB successfully?
Not quite the same technique, BUT...
the FV allows you not plumes of vapor...
but it gives you little "Flashes" of vapor.. and then you shake... puff that "flash"....
shake and repeat
The whole time holding the puffs in and "collecting" them in lungs.. if you decide you want to exhale a huger cloud..
or you can enjoy each "flash" as it comes and a lighter lungful.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
It sounds like its working . it wasn't the easiest vape to learn for me . to get good vapor took a few days . to get great vapor weeks . sounds like more time with it would help . I do like it with an S2 battery and no spacer if I'm using it by myself with the spacer when sharing .

Edit; I haven't ever really sat and watched the vapor forming in the chamber , it didn't help me at all. ............. also by the terms good and great vapor are more the effects I received from it and not Bigger and bigger clouds .
although with better technique there is more visible vapor and the ability to pull clouds if for some reason I want to have a coughing fit . I try not to cough one reason I vape .

Last edited:

SeriouslyHIgh

Retailer
Got the MFLB technique nailed (IMO). As you guys are saying, the problem is probably my lack of practice with this unit: I try once, can't get anything and I put it down...try after a couple of day...same thing. Will practice more tomorrow :brow:
Will let you know if I succeed or if I decide to turn it into a light saber :tup:
Thank you for helping

SeriouslyHIgh,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

cat420

Got the MFLB technique nailed (IMO). As you guys are saying, the problem is probably my lack of practice with this unit: I try once, can't get anything and I put it down...try after a couple of day...same thing. Will practice more tomorrow :brow:
Will let you know if I succeed or if I decide to turn it into a light saber :tup:
Thank you for helping
Kind of strange ...since the very first attempt I m getting out huge clouds without combustion and after few sec. Not a prob of the flowers maybe not dried enough ? I v been using the MFB for a while but I found the FV much easier to master...good luck !

By the way I do not really cover the bottom of the FV ..I just use a tiny bit of flowers with lot of space...and it works just fine.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriouslyHIgh

Retailer
Well if the same flower works well with my Solo, SSV and MFLB, I don't see why shouldn't work with FV!

Is the screen supposed to glow red with standard batteries as Tweek mentioned? Mine doesn't.

Last edited:
SeriouslyHIgh,
Reactions: 364F

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Well if the same flower works well with my Solo, SSV and MFLB, I don't see why shouldn't work with FV!

Is the screen supposed to glow red with standard batteries as Tweek mentioned? Mine doesn't.
If it doesn't becomes to glow red it's a heating screen issue (I think), you can try to turn it, it could help you, but perhaps you need to order heating screens or contact CSFV (you can check your heating screen before, my old one was full of little holes and was not good for the way of electricity)

I think the heating screen is the main issue with FV,, the battery longlife could be a issue but if you read the thread you learn how to use it and storage it.

I like my FV, it's my main dry device and I'm using my second heating screen and it start to become old after 6 or 7 weeks(4 to 6 bowls/day).
Great vape!

PPN,

SeriouslyHIgh

Retailer
I've tried again holding the power button for 20+ seconds but not even a faint glow appears. I don't want to hold it longer since could overheat battery, right? Will try turning it...but doesn't the heating screen have two grooves where the heating elements are lodged? Can it be turned around?

SeriouslyHIgh,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've tried again holding the power button for 20+ seconds but not even a faint glow appears. I don't want to hold it longer since could overheat battery, right? Will try turning it...but doesn't the heating screen have two grooves where the heating elements are lodged? Can it be turned around?

You can rotate it 180 degrees, but make sure that the rods are making good contact when you put it back together.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

NO the 3.2 volt batteries should not take the screen to glowing . I couldn't find the post but FlashVape came on forum in the past to tell us that only the 3.7 S2 s should take the heat that high .

cat420

I v read that in order to clean the top piece is possible to put it inside Iso 991%...what is that ?

cat420,

Tweek

I wouldn't be too focused on getting the screen to glow. What is important, is that it is getting hot enough to combust in the chamber, when using the unit without the spacer. I just popped one of the original 3.2v batteries in, without the spacer and it got hot quickly and started producing right away.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The accumulation on the top part will come off....
submerge the entire top (remove glass window if you like) in 91% Iso... then brush a bit.. it will be as good as new.
later after it is clean, I found if I brush it briskly while still warm the particles go away more easily.

Top Bottom