pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So this vape certainly takes practice, I combusted more than 5 times (more than with the mflb) but I have been getting better and it is just so easy to clean that I haven't used my Pax in weeks.

All right. Who are you really and what have you done with JoeKickass?

It is very satisfying, but it's also the least likely vape I would want to share or teach someone how to use... it took me weeks to get there :\

And yeah, I don't think I'd ever be able to use it in the dark lol

I stopped trying to teach my wife after the first attempt, where she forgot to lift and got a lungful of smoke. (She's never mastered the LB either.) She was reluctant to try it again, so I shared by using the basic technique. It's easy to share this way because you hold the button down 5-6 seconds then release and hand off. The novice only has to inhale. Works for us.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
pak and others...when using the main 5 second method, how many times do you repeat it to get one thick satisfying hit?

And yeah, I went outside last night to use this thing and it became obvious that I am not yet adept enough with this unit for that!

stickstones,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
And yeah, I went outside last night to use this thing and it became obvious that I am not yet adept enough with this unit for that!

:).......... take a head flashlight like me, it's top ! Know, I always vape the FV with this light..... to see the vapor is the key !
LD0000674843_1.jpg

Tweek

pak and others...when using the main 5 second method, how many times do you repeat it to get one thick satisfying hit?

3-4 for me...but it also depends on the quality of the material.

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I have that light. It's great for working with nesting turtles since it has a red LED. I never thought about using it for vapourizing though.

I have the same red light (without the girls !!!) and I use it sometimes to see red vapor !!! :)

LeTchen,
Reactions: Tweek

loyalties

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post here on FC. I have been researching portable vapes and stumbled upon this site. First off thank you all for all your helpful reviews and comments regarding the FV.

I broke my leg a few weeks ago and just got out of surgery (1 plate and 9 screws) so long story short I'm back at my moms for 6/8 weeks while I recover and as much as I'd like to I can't lay in bed and toke freely and getting up to go outside isn't really much of an option lol I figured a portable vape would be the perfect solution. I was really stuck on which to get since there are so many new products out there and their prices vary quite a bit. After reading just about all 26 pages of this thread I believe the flashvape is my best choice and bang for my buck. If anyone has any opinions regarding this or suggestions they would be much appreciated.

FlashVape, I do have one question though
I read in the earlier pages of this thread that you guys were working on a oil/concentrate adapter. I was wondering if you guys had any type of time frame for this or projected price point?

Thank you :)

loyalties,
Reactions: 364F

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
Hi loyalties,

Thanks for joining us here, and congrats on your first post :)

The oil adapter is in the works, but ETA is at least 6 weeks away as we are currently prototyping. We will announce it first on this board for all to know. The projected price point is under $20. As with all FV accessories, we want to keep it affordable.

Thanks to everyone for their patience while we work on getting our website back up and running. We think everything should be sorted out within the next couple of days.. so please stay tuned!

Check out what I just invented!
uMGcKgY.jpg

Not seeing it?
R35k808.jpg

How about now? :brow:
uk4DJjP.jpg

Here's what I know you're wanting to see... FlashLight on FlashVape action!
You can see at the end I blow out the vape in the beam of the light :D
great invention!!!
we were actually planning something similar during private discussions with another member, an exterior light source, a clip on..... you got the idea bang on here! nice!!

loyalties

Wow that was a quick response, especially on a Sunday night lol

I was already impressed by your prompt response to previous user questions so this reassures me even further that I've made the right choice. Placing my order now and can't wait for it to arrive and the oil adapter to be released :)

Thanks!

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
Wow that was a quick response, especially on a Sunday night lol

I was already impressed by your prompt response to previous user questions so this reassures me even further that I've made the right choice. Placing my order now and can't wait for it to arrive and the oil adapter to be released :)

Thanks!

you are very welcome! we are always glad to be of service :)

FlashVAPE,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Although Flashvape isnt the sexiest out there ,neither am I...:rolleyes: but I just keep coming back to see what people are saying about her.I like whats under the hood, just wish she would dress better.She seems to be low maintanece enough. But How foul is her odor after multiple sessions? I dont like lingering smells...Thats a real turn off for me...Is all this personification creeping you out too?:dog: And is the gunmetal finish available?I know its in the works. Also a gunmetal black finish would really set her off!

Nbajunkie,

Tweek

Although Flashvape isnt the sexiest out there ,neither am I...:rolleyes: but I just keep coming back to see what people are saying about her.I like whats under the hood, just wish she would dress better.She seems to be low maintanece enough. But How foul is her odor after multiple sessions? I dont like lingering smells...Thats a real turn off for me...Is all this personification creeping you out too?:dog: And is the gunmetal finish available?I know its in the works. Also a gunmetal black finish would really set her off!

Odour ultimately comes down to how clean you keep everything. During use, I don't detect any off smells....just the taste and scent of herb. The nice thing i,s since you have to hold the button down to produce vapour, it is not continually cooking the load like some conduction units will. So you won't smell anything at all while it is off.

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer

FV with "Gunmetal" finish will not be available until late March.....

FlashVAPE,

natural farmer

Hey Flashvapers and future ones! It's time for me to pass my humble and subjective views of this new portable contender that I had the honour to first introduce here (thanks for the tip Randy, ;)). I will try to be quick and just pass personal POVs as most aspects have already been covered most thoroughly by the rest of the bunch.

So... In my eyes the FV is a bigger, hotter, safer, tastier and tank-like engineered MFLB, minus the pocketability and stealth of the little wonder and of course slightly less eco-friendly. For me that puts it on the side of my everyday vaping routines and I just use occasionally nowadays, mainly for experimenting with different strains and concentrates and to break these routines. I prefer the Pod for my all day home sessions as it's much much faster to get me there (2-3 hit sessions are enough to bake 0,05 grams to perfection in a matter of 2 mins max) and the INH is just more pocket friendly and fast too for on the go.
I like the taste of the FV very very much but the slow draw needed hurts my sensitive teeth and tongue sometimes and that was the main reason I was parted with my MFLB in the past. I also need big hits so I use a steady power-on technic and that is why that happens and the vapor is harsh but that's what I need!

I will conclude by saying it's a great first vape and at this price it's a steal and if you can keep a lower tolerance than me and don't vape that often it could be the only vape you'll ever need as the built quality is second to none and every single aspect of the design is so well thought of!!! As for me, it might remain in my arsenal or passed on to a friend in need or something else in the future cause my needs are different at the moment... I thought it would give me strong, short hits that wouldn't hurt my teeth but they are not so strong for me unfortunately. Anyway, it's a great vape as I said before but make sure it's what you need even though at the price it can easily become a great back-up too! :)

FV congrats again on the design! I am REALLY looking forward to see what you can do if you decide to make a portable active convection vape in the future the likes of the INH or the Cera (even though I find the Cera to suck a lot more than the INH :2c:) :science: !!! Obviously the industrial designer in you is thriving if it's you that did the whole thing! Μπράβο! ;)

I'll be around here to give a couple of thoughts now and then as I continue the experiments...

NF approved! :tup:

For all of you on pins and needles wondering whether I received my FV ... yes the eagle finally landed today!

For the record, delivery took 2 weeks from the date shipped. I think 2 weeks was an unusually long wait compared to what others have experienced, but I'm not surprised given all the potential variables in the 2 postal services. Also, for those in the U.S. tracking their package - the usps site did indeed update tracking info after it left the San Fran customs stop all the way through to final delivery in my city.

First impressions are that it seems very well built and nicely packaged. Battery is currently charging.

I haven't yet figured out what the black plastic tubes are for (insulators for the draw tubes?) but I suspect that info may have already been covered if I go back and read this thread more closely.

One disappointment is that although I indicated in the order notes that I am an FC member and requested the 2 free screens, they were not included in the shipment.

Jonah Hex

My screens were in with the paper work and easy to miss them. Black tubes are heat shrink tubing for replacing on ends of glass tubes when needed. I also used it as a mouthpiece extension and glass mouthpiece tube protector. :)

One other minor nitpick is that I would have preferred no logo on the FV advertising that it is a vape - that would make it more stealth. But I do understand the need to create brand recognition.

kelper,
Top Bottom