VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
So, I've had the FlashVape for a few days now, and I'm loving it! Been running it in S-2 configuration and have gone 4 loads without combustion(and I'm on that button like flies on :shit:.. :ko: ) . I've noticed that the hole where you'd insert the draw stem is very sharp on the inside and isn't too fond of having silicone stuck inside. That's fine by me. I don't like having the straw jutting out like that anyway :p . So I've taken the stem, placed a length of silicone onto it(for gripping), and just hold it there while I take my draw. Speaking of the draw, very pure taste with minimal harshness, considering how hot the FV is capable of getting. ABV looks as if it may have been charred a tad on the edges, but other than that, perfect browning. :smug:

More knowledge to be gained, personal discoveries to be made, and fun to be had! :science: Will report back!

Tweek

This is great! Vitolo is doing the very same thing (only for a different vape) over on the MFLB thread with some I sent him a while back. He's having guys send him a SASE with which he'll return a pair....one male, one female.....folks might even start breeding them?

Suddenly FC is breaking out in free stems! How cool is that?

OF

That's what happens when you feed your stems after midnight. :D

Going on 6 hours and the light is still red :\

That is how long my batteries took when new. They eventually settled into around 4 hours, as pak mentioned above. Are yours new?

Vapodudule

As time goes by:
  • S2 batteries are really long runners, still turning raw HE cherry within 5 seconds when they are at 10+ clouds.
  • Modulable: a big heating source with plenty ways to enjoy with lego vape pieces as spacers and mesh screens.
  • Where fresh batt make HE cherry very violent and happening in 1 second, you risk comb if you do not inhale within 2nd sec. so 2S/2F is for new batt may be or inhale before pushing button with fresh battery!
  • as a consequence with used S2 batt i re-switched to S2 normal setting 1 spacer/1 filter removable mesh screen= very very powerfull unit (clouds, clouds everywhere. Very even brown.)
  • New design is defenetly lighter in the weight. Better handling feelings.
  • Last thing: the unit is significantly less hot in the hand after use.
Glad to have this beauty back and functionning as designer though it.

imvho : For the future of this vape:
  • HE replaceable: it is present now! It is clearly the consumable/weakness part of the vape (except learning curve :)).
  • Full Vision for the bowl by retro lights (LEDs?) or what ever (glass screen?)
  • Power Adaptator to make it huge.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I have been enjoying this vape everyday and just love it.
A hard fast technique, doesn't do it for me. I find the unit varies in performance from load to load. Have not been able to pin down any single reason for this but there's a few things that definitely play a role. An example is the battery performance seems to vary from charge to charge. I have my batteries labelled as to isolate any potential bad cells. Seems that I have a couple batteries which seem weak at times but still work. Then out of the blue I'll get a session which is hotter than average and when done and remove battery I find it's one which I deemed as getting weak. Go figure?
Also, keeping all the screw together pieces (contacts) tight makes big differences. With the new units been user serviceable, this adds other connections to ensure are tight.
I also notice that sometimes switch pressure seems to make a difference and other time you do not need to press that hard at all.
And if the unit doesn't seem to be getting that hot while continuous switch pressure is applied then a couple pulses seems to get the temperature rising again.
All that been said, the unit performs great but the technique needs to be dynamic or ever changing from load to load. Does that make any sense? I have a good feel for it now any only combust when not thinking about what I'm doing. I know, actually happens a lot....lol When it does, the cherry tends to stay intact and sticks to the bottom of bowl. So I just empty the load onto my hand and the cherry stays behind. Tap the cherry out separately and put the good stuff back in. I have no problem with the slight burnt taste for a hit or two.

In the end I think this unit is an adventure which always leaves you in the clouds.....so to speak. :ko:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Good ole Pipes...where ya been? :rockon:

Hey Tweek, I've been around. Just enjoying the vapes and waiting to get some summer weather for a change...Noticed you've been a little quiet these days too.
I can't believe I'm actually satisfied with the vape setup I have. The FV has certainly found a place as my main vape of choice. I can load er up and go for a couple hours by only hitting 2-3 times at once 3-4 times. Sure saves the :2c:
Still love the Bulls for the road though.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I have been enjoying this vape everyday and just love it.
A hard fast technique, doesn't do it for me. I find the unit varies in performance from load to load. Have not been able to pin down any single reason for this but there's a few things that definitely play a role. An example is the battery performance seems to vary from charge to charge. I have my batteries labelled as to isolate any potential bad cells. Seems that I have a couple batteries which seem weak at times but still work. Then out of the blue I'll get a session which is hotter than average and when done and remove battery I find it's one which I deemed as getting weak. Go figure?
Also, keeping all the screw together pieces (contacts) tight makes big differences. With the new units been user serviceable, this adds other connections to ensure are tight.
I also notice that sometimes switch pressure seems to make a difference and other time you do not need to press that hard at all.
And if the unit doesn't seem to be getting that hot while continuous switch pressure is applied then a couple pulses seems to get the temperature rising again.
All that been said, the unit performs great but the technique needs to be dynamic or ever changing from load to load. Does that make any sense? I have a good feel for it now any only combust when not thinking about what I'm doing. I know, actually happens a lot....lol When it does, the cherry tends to stay intact and sticks to the bottom of bowl. So I just empty the load onto my hand and the cherry stays behind. Tap the cherry out separately and put the good stuff back in. I have no problem with the slight burnt taste for a hit or two.

In the end I think this unit is an adventure which always leaves you in the clouds.....so to speak. :ko:

I've had similar experiences. What charger are you using? I use the UltraFire WF-188 and it has issues with inconsistent charging. The problem is that the sliding contact that allows it to support other form factors does not always make a good connection. When I charge using the FlashVAPE stock charger (which is slower) I get 100% consistent results.

I also do the same thing you do if I combust: knock it out and keep on trucking. Perhaps my taste buds are ruined but I don't bother cleaning after a combustion event except brushing off the top screen. The FV really doesn't seem to retain a burnt taste. It leaves a stain on the screen and that's about it.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I've had similar experiences. What charger are you using? I use the UltraFire WF-188 and it has issues with inconsistent charging. The problem is that the sliding contact that allows it to support other form factors does not always make a good connection. When I charge using the FlashVAPE stock charger (which is slower) I get 100% consistent results.

I also do the same thing you do if I combust: knock it out and keep on trucking. Perhaps my taste buds are ruined but I don't bother cleaning after a combustion event except brushing off the top screen. The FV really doesn't seem to retain a burnt taste. It leaves a stain on the screen and that's about it.

I'm using the XTar II which also had contact problems with flat tops. I used small hex set screws into to upper contacts to give a little more length. Never noticed any funny light activity since but will take a closer look.
I've actually only ISO cleaned once and that was just dipping the brush in ISO and brushing the ceramic. Never dunked it as leery of not waiting long enough to fire it up. And doesn't seem to really get that dirty. And like you say, even if does combust, just leaves a dark spot on the screen which I also just brush clean.
Yeah, my taste buds are likely shot too.

Pipes,
Reactions: ShipDit

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I get my replacement unit today and it's hotter than my old one (defective was too cold sended to FV for replacement) and like somebody tell it before it seems to me a little bit smaller.
I can't hold the power on more than 6s before combustion, i need to learn to use it again (nice job!)
Thanks to FV for the quick replacement.
Nice vape

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I get my replacement unit today and it's hotter than my old one (defective was too cold sended to FV for replacement) and like somebody tell it before it seems to me a little bit smaller.
I can't hold the power on more than 6s before combustion, i need to learn to use it again (nice job!)
Thanks to FV for the quick replacement.
Nice vape

Smaller?

Comparing the caps and the bottoms there doesn't seem to be any difference in size. The cap from the old unit fits on the new unit fine. Its certainly hotter than my first one but I can easily be on the power 15+ seconds without combusting with a single s2 spacer and a fairly slow draw.

ru_frothi,

JoeKickass

I still have 6 acrylic stems left, they won't break like glass and you can still heatshrink!

Just PM me with your address, 100% free :)
Hb2Mwwb.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes the unit is not smaller, I ask it to FV and they answer me that the size is exactly the same, but there is little differences .*
But my unit can combust really fast with the first spacer , i use 2 old spacer now and I have no more combustion.
And I try it with concentrate tray, really nice, it's more easy to get clouds with FV than MFLB and you haven't to clean a screen after each use.
I hope that I will keep it for many years of vape....

PPN,

Looque

Hi everyone, I recently bought a FV and I'm wondering if it works right..
The first times in use the FV got really hot but now I can hold the button for minutes and it just gets warm.
Also I accedently broke the net under the screen as I tried to exchance the screen but that was after I noticed the "not getting hot anymore". Is it possible to repair it ?
Any guesses ?

ah and from the beginning on, there was virtually no vape..

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Looque,

JoeKickass

When I bought new 3.2v batteries I found they ran really hot when they were new. I think the flashvape must be pretty hard on the batteries because they certainly mellow out with time.

If you want to speed the "breaking in" of your batteries just run them all the way flat before charging them. (Letting them get low speeds up the chemical breakdown) Then when they aren't such monsters and they perform like you're used to, charge the batteries after each bowl to keep them roughly stable at their current condition. (If you run them all the way flat every single bowl they won't last long)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
When I bought new 3.2v batteries I found they ran really hot when they were new. I think the flashvape must be pretty hard on the batteries because they certainly mellow out with time.

I think this is accurate based on my own experiences but I have no way to measure it. Have you done any tests or is that just your impression?

Hi everyone, I recently bought a FV and I'm wondering if it works right..
The first times in use the FV got really hot but now I can hold the button for minutes and it just gets warm.
Also I accedently broke the net under the screen as I tried to exchance the screen but that was after I noticed the "not getting hot anymore". Is it possible to repair it ?
Any guesses ?

ah and from the beginning on, there was virtually no vape..

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

What do you mean by "net under the screen"? If you somehow broke the heater screen (how did you do that?) then it might be possible to replace it yourself, depending on how new your FV is. Notice that there is a seam right above the air inlets. That part unscrews readily in newer FVs and allows you to replace your heater screen. If it doesn't, you have to contact FlashVAPE to find out what options you have.

Looque

If you want to speed the "breaking in" of your batteries just run them all the way flat before charging them. (Letting them get low speeds up the chemical breakdown) Then when they aren't such monsters and they perform like you're used to, charge the batteries after each bowl to keep them roughly stable at their current condition. (If you run them all the way flat every single bowl they won't last long)

Hmm the first 2-3 times they ran flat but than I charged the batteries after every bowl. But you're right, it could be a battery problem.

But why should I want to "speed" the breaking in ? Isn't it the opposite ? ... or maybe my I didn't get you right, not a native speaker ^^

I think this is accurate based on my own experiences but I have no way to measure it. Have you done any tests or is that just your impression?

What do you mean by "net under the screen"? If you somehow broke the heater screen (how did you do that?) then it might be possible to replace it yourself, depending on how new your FV is. Notice that there is a seam right above the air inlets. That part unscrews readily in newer FVs and allows you to replace your heater screen. If it doesn't, you have to contact FlashVAPE to find out what options you have.

äähm yeah that's the thing I mean. My FV seems to be an old version because there's no option to replace the heater screen like described on the FV-Homepage.
I wanted to change the stainless steel tabbed screen and was a "little" careless....

There seems to be no possibility to contact FlashVAPE directly..

Looque,

JoeKickass

Yes just my experience
Hmm the first 2-3 times they ran flat but than I charged the batteries after every bowl. But you're right, it could be a battery problem.

But why should I want to "speed" the breaking in ? Isn't it the opposite ? ... or maybe my I didn't get you right, not a native speaker ^^

No you're right, I should have read your post better, I thought it was still too hot for you

JoeKickass,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

There seems to be no possibility to contact FlashVAPE directly..

Looque you can contact FlashVape by finding one of their previous posts on this thread and clicking on the name under the avatar or at the end of the post and start a conversation they will answer you soon .

Or you can contact them on their website they have great customer service and won't leave you Hanging Waiting on an answer, they will reply . :peace: and Good luck .

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
My new replacement Flashvape is back in the house and I'm really enjoying it. The flavor is great and I am getting way better clouds and more even ABV. Darker ABV than before but still there is still more hits using the ABV with the INH XP or my Solo.

Battery life is sub par at 1-2 bowls, reminds me of my T1. would not be a vape to take to all concert/festival but the flavor and instantaneous hits is very gratifying. Its a welcome addition and for $130 its a great value and quite unique. Instead of spending money on a computer they spent it on fine materials.

I continue to be very impressed by the heft and feel of this unit. I love the new threads on the base cap. Much less twisting. The new twist off top for field serviceability is a awesome. That said I hope this heater core lasts longer than the ~3 weeks the first one did. Hopefully I just got a bad one. my Thermovape cores have been reliable so far and the designs seem somewhat similar.

Usability is excellent for analog unit. newbie friends get better results with the FlashVape than the T1 but not the mega clouds they get with the INH or Solo either.

Flavor is the thing I keep coming back too. The flavor of the strains come through. OG's taste like lemon pledge fuel as they should. The TGA ripped bubba tastes very sweet and I got this Arcata Crippler (Arcata Trainwreck x Cheese) and you can taste the cheese and the trainwreck. This strain BTW is amazing. It's very complex taste and smell. You can absolutely smell distinctly the cheese and the trainwreck from its parents and it tastes like smells. The stuff absolutely wreaks as you would expect. Open the bag will stink up a room.

That said with the FV The flavor is not as concentrated as say a solo but its very consistent. It lasts a long time on the FV and it doesn't degrade as fast as a Solo or the INH. That characteristic seems be consistent with largely convection vapes and I'm sure is a major motivator for many vapor users.

I would comment that even after combusting it doesn't stink or taste to bad. I combusted twice on day 1 with this unit but not once since. Its day 5 now. The learning curve is fairly easy.

It works well with bubble and full melt hash's as JK has demonstrated and inspired.

It needs a longer flexy stem thats angled up. I strain myself trying to look into the glass.

I need to buy some more batteries. This thing badly needs a pipes power adapter like my the one for my T1.

Unique Vape, I like a lot.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
That said I hope this heater core lasts longer than the ~3 weeks the first one did. Hopefully I just got a bad one. my Thermovape cores have been reliable so far and the designs seem somewhat similar.

I agree with most of what you said but this part confuses me a little. What do you consider to be the FV core? I don't own any TET product but I don't see how the designs are similar.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OF

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I agree with most of what you said but this part confuses me a little. What do you consider to be the FV core? I don't own any TET product but I don't see how the designs are similar.

The heating core. ceramic with nichrome wire on something thing that embedded inside.

What I was trying to say was that mmy multiple TET core has been reliable and hope the FV core is as well.

My opinion as a Cera owner is that when it comes to herb, the FV is superior (I like big hits). The only similarity I see, is that they both use ceramic. Just my :2c:

Sorry to hear about the CERA, not too surprising given the performance of the T1. If you want easy and ridiculous clouds and extraction clouds try the INH or a PAX. I see you already have a pax...

ru_frothi,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The heating core. ceramic with nichrome wire on something thing that embedded inside.

What I was trying to say was that mmy multiple TET core has been reliable and hope the FV core is as well.

The TET products have a core that consists of nichrome wire wound round a ceramic centre if I'm not mistaken. The FV has a SS screen that is mounted in a ceramic bowl. I wouldn't call it a core, that's why I asked.

Your point about reliability is well taken. I know TET has a good program in place to support their cores if needed, but it involves a factory repair. FlashVAPE has taken a different approach: in all future units the heater screen is user-replaceable. I don't see the FV design being unreliable since it is so simple. There is the chance that a user could damage the screen, but you really have to work at it. I took an old heater screen and tried to tear it and I couldn't. The only way I could punch a hole in it was to poke hard with a sharp point. That's why I was asking Looque how he damaged his screen.

OF

The TET products have a core that consists of nichrome wire wound round a ceramic centre if I'm not mistaken.

Only minorly to that point. It's not Nichrome, but an Iron based alloy chosen for Material Science reasons (including taste). But significantly TV products employ a different heating technique. The core (and I agree that doesn't exist in FV in the same way) operates at a fairly stable much higher temperature (like 1500F). This is established before air is heated (you preheat 15 seconds or so in 'Step 1' there rather than hit from power on). After that air is heated by IR, not conduction, as it passes through the core (for the most part). This is sometimes called 'the kiln effect' I understand. The entire core is 'up to temperature' and radiating energy back into the center. Not the last word in efficiency. This means you get properly heated air fairly independent of draw rate.

Each has, I think, it's strong and weak points. TV is more set in terms of bowl size and techniques?

OF

Top Bottom