Dr. Yan-I-Tor

12 stories tall made of radiation
Well, I finally got my paycheck and thus was able to refill my stash. Even better, I now have a source of the highest quality product I've seen in my area. Needless to say, the vapor quality was much better than my first attempts with the FV. I've managed to figure out a way to get more satisfying hits, although all I've changed is heating for a bit longer. I'm not getting huge amounts of visible vapor, but each hit surprises me with its potency. I get the feeling I need to play around more, but I'm actually enjoying getting to know this little monster lol

I think I'm going to devote some of tonight to trying out the technique willeh described

Tweek

Glad you are enjoying it Dr, Yan-I-Tor! With a bit of playing around, you will be blowing some nice clouds soon enough. What I love about the FV the most is the flavour! So tasty, that I find it a joy to experiment with.

Tweek,
Reactions: Pipes

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well, I finally got my paycheck and thus was able to refill my stash. Even better, I now have a source of the highest quality product I've seen in my area. Needless to say, the vapor quality was much better than my first attempts with the FV. I've managed to figure out a way to get more satisfying hits, although all I've changed is heating for a bit longer. I'm not getting huge amounts of visible vapor, but each hit surprises me with its potency. I get the feeling I need to play around more, but I'm actually enjoying getting to know this little monster lol

I think I'm going to devote some of tonight to trying out the technique willeh described

I think of my FV as an instrument. There are many ways to play it and part of the joy is experimenting and find them. At some point we bonded and now I feel as though I can do anything I want with it. I used it for a couple of weeks in conduction mode and never reached combustion because I can sense that it's about to happen. I think you'll reach that state too, perhaps even tonight. Anyway, the journey is as interesting as the destination. Have fun!

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

Thanks tweek! I'm still amazed at the prize I paid for this little thing, it's great.

I can't get over how clear the flavor is for this unit either. That and it's portability/speed. Since I don't live in a medical state I don't feel comfortable walking around in public vaping. Consequently I just need something that can be stashed in a car or backpack, and this thing is perfect lol. The rapid heat up time also puts it ahead of my solo in terms of discretion: it's much easier to explain holding a flashlight looking thing for 5-15 secs than a blinking redbull can with a dirty glass straw sticking out for 12 lol

Very happy customer here :D

EDIT: @Pak: I actually think I have a bit of an idea of what you're getting at. When I got my classic VG I took to the it really quickly, and I actually found the need to pay attention to technique oddly satisfying. I'm also starting to get the same feeling from the FV :D

@Pipes: I couldn't believe it, I reached the "oh damn, the ganja got me :o!!!!" Point after 2 hits.... Haha

EDIT2: sorry mods, I'm not sure how to fix the accidental double post on my iPad.. Help!!!

mod note: Thanks for trying. Two posts merged (and tidied a little).

EDIT3: chocked out in the first hit by the FV :D willeh's technique works lol

beefsupreme

I've had the FV for about a week now and have been enjoying the unit in the S1 mode so far. Its great and easy to pick up after the mflb. I'm going to try the S2 this weekend. Has anyone switched back after installing it, or is it hands-down superior? I was originally thinking I'd put the S2 in for special occasions when the roommate is away and I can enjoy making clouds - but after reading the thread, I'm a bit afraid of breaking it on my first try. I'm glad it will still work if i break the middle part though, i'm all thumbs.

I have to say this is a much nicer home vape than the mflb, even when you add in the water pipe whip or PA. The lithium batteries make a lot of sense for this unit. I am worried about the threads too, they are very fine. I haven't found any shavings in mine, but after unscrewing the bottom maybe 4 times, I ran a paper tower along the threads and picked up some fine black residue. If there is grease on the threads, I cant see or feel it. I'm going to use the tip from here of a tiny bit of extra virgin oil on a q-tip tomorrow. I've been turning the bottom backwards until I feel it drop onto the threads before screwing it in, which works well.

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

I've had the FV for about a week now and have been enjoying the unit in the S1 mode so far. Its great and easy to pick up after the mflb. I'm going to try the S2 this weekend. Has anyone switched back after installing it, or is it hands-down superior? I was originally thinking I'd put the S2 in for special occasions when the roommate is away and I can enjoy making clouds - but after reading the thread, I'm a bit afraid of breaking it on my first try. I'm glad it will still work if i break the middle part though, i'm all thumbs.

I have to say this is a much nicer home vape than the mflb, even when you add in the water pipe whip or PA. The lithium batteries make a lot of sense for this unit. I am worried about the threads too, they are very fine. I haven't found any shavings in mine, but after unscrewing the bottom maybe 4 times, I ran a paper tower along the threads and picked up some fine black residue. If there is grease on the threads, I cant see or feel it. I'm going to use the tip from here of a tiny bit of extra virgin oil on a q-tip tomorrow. I've been turning the bottom backwards until I feel it drop onto the threads before screwing it in, which works well.

I never tried the vanilla FV, but based on my findings (:science:) you have so much control with the s2 that you can get face-melting clouds or pleasant lighter hits. You just have to play with it a bit, and get to know it.

Tweek

Once you put the spacer in, you will not want to take it out. It is that good.

beefsupreme

I never tried the vanilla FV, but based on my findings (:science:) you have so much control with the s2 that you can get face-melting clouds or pleasant lighter hits. You just have to play with it a bit, and get to know it.

that's great news, doc. I like putting in the time to get to know the techniques.. its so rewarding. I did a bit more reading on the differences and I see convection is superior. Maybe i won't be switching back afterall..

Bvapst

S2 rocks! Very easy to play with, at the 2nd or 3rd attempt i was really surprised by the cloud. (while speaking to my friend surprised there was still vapor coming out).
My friends which aren't vaporist at all but true combusters, liked it too dirrectly!

I have one worry i'll try to fix by myself or maybe someone experienced it before? My window was moving around (the top part was unscrew a bit). So i decided to take it off for a small cleaning cause there was a lightly combustion smell left. The problem now it get really hard to screw back... The first threads are ok but then it become harder. I didn't tried to go further as it was late and hightime. I'll try to lub where it supposely gets harder to get it back correctly (till the end without the window moving while shaking FV)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
S2 rocks! Very easy to play with, at the 2nd or 3rd attempt i was being abble to be really surprised by the cloud. (Speaking to my friend and surprised there was still vapor coming out).
My friends which aren't vaporist at all but true combusters, liked it too dirrectly!

I have one worry i'll try to fix by myself or maybe someone experienced it before? My window was moving around (the top part was unscrew a bit). So i decided to take it off for a small cleaning cause there was a lightly combustion smell left. The problem now it get really hard to screw back... The first threads are ok but then it become harder. I didn't tried to go further as it was late and hightime. I'll try to lub where it supposely gets harder to get it back correctly (till the end without the window moving while shaking FV)

Lubing the threads will help. The last half turn or so is tighter but if you've threaded it correctly then you won't do any harm turning it tight enough to hold the window so that it doesn't rattle. It gets easier after you've done it a couple of times.

Lizard King

Lubing the threads will help. The last half turn or so is tighter but if you've threaded it correctly then you won't do any harm turning it tight enough to hold the window so that it doesn't rattle. It gets easier after you've done it a couple of times.

I concur. I was able to stop the glass rattling after oiling the threads and tightening it that extra little bit.

I'm running out of things to do to my FV while I wait for my batteries that are currently "being processed" in customs. So far, I have:

- cleaned and oiled both threads
- changed over to S2 mode
- stopped the glass rattling
- stared at it a lot

Any more suggestions / tips?

JoeKickass

So I'm not sure if my aw imr is dying but ever since I tried a new S2 ceramic screen the FV has been running MUCH cooler. I can preheat for longer than my whole hit with a broken s2 piece! I think the center arms are pretty much necessary to reflect some of the heat.

JoeKickass,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
just ordered Four more batteries for the S-2 and a JETbeam Battery charger. the only drawback i see
with my FV is the charging time with the stock charger also Two batteries just aren't enough for my needs. This is one Awesome little beast, I don't wanna use any other Vape right now. Jezz maybe a
temporary cure for my VAS or something. Ya'll Enjoy the Vape !!

The S-2 is great but I find it uses up material a lot faster than the stock 3.2v. But when you want insta-clouds, the S-2 can't be beat. I could probably ratchet it down and sip the S-2, but it's hard to resist clouds on tap like it gives. I hope they keep the 3.2v option because I think there is more of an art to milking those hits.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I was gonna say, if you guys are in Southern Calif.... I'm a stone's throw away in SD... but then I spotted the white lighter :lol:

I'm just kidding, didn't believe in it then either! Good job getting the concentrates going in there! Perhaps FV will take notice?

Top Bottom