al bundy

Vaporist
Yep big brain fart :bang:
I knew I seen paks name somewhere (someone asked in another thread)
$T2eC16N,%21yEE9s5jE,jcBQopygR,sQ%7E%7E60_35.JPG

al bundy,

OF

Yep big brain fart :bang:
I knew I seen paks name somewhere (someone asked in another thread)

Gee, I've heard of that.....what's it like? Sorry for poking a little fun, your point got through just fine. You're right, the important part (getting through to the maker) has happened......no matter what name he's using when he comes to town.

Yes, our Pak didn't invent the name. He hangs a lot in Paradise you know....maybe someone mentioned the idea to him?

OF

OF,

Chill Dude

Well what do you know, my unit came today. I also received my s2 kit. Now if only I wasn't dry :(

That's great to hear doctor! That must be tough, receiving your FVS2 and not having any herb. My suggestion is, you immediately stop what you're doing right now, go obtain some high grade ganja and fire that bitch up! We look forward to your FVS2 review.

Cheers!

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

12 stories tall made of radiation
That's great to hear doctor! That must be tough, receiving your FVS2 and not having any herb. My suggestion is, you immediately stop what you're doing right now, go obtain some high grade ganja and fire that bitch up! We look forward to your FVS2 review.

Cheers!

Well, I would love to do just that. Unfortunately, due to a tragic combo of lack of paycheck and dealer stuck at his day job, I'm going to have to wait... Still, once I have had tine to "get to know" this thing, I'll certainly post my thoughts

Dr. Yan-I-Tor,
Reactions: Chill Dude
The passive aggressive coward is back! I don't use my real name for an obvious reason - same as most everyone else here. btw, passive aggressive is usually better than aggressive aggressive, as that can lead to more than just bruised feelings, which is often not good for this world. And passive passive just seems so counterproductive though the status quo and establishment loves it (in others).

I would like to hear from FlashVape if they think the debris in the threads issue is something they would like to eliminate in the future. I love this vape but still feel this is an important issue. Even though I am the first here to report permanently damaged threads, I have read several posts regarding the debris problem, which I understand now can be avoided through a diligent maintenance procedure (not very practical business-wise I think considering that most consumers won't have the time or patience or knowledge for that ... though I would had I to do it all over again). Also, even though mine is friction-fit now, the debris is still an annoyance as I'm really just mashing together soft metal bits.

I would love to buy a version in the future that doesn't have this one obvious (to me!) weak point. Certainly there is another way to connect and conduct in such a device. Can we have this discussion at least to benefit those who do feel this is an issue? (as opinions are clearly divided)

kelper,

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
The passive aggressive coward is back! I don't use my real name for an obvious reason - same as most everyone else here. btw, passive aggressive is usually better than aggressive aggressive, as that can lead to more than just bruised feelings, which is often not good for this world. And passive passive just seems so counterproductive though the status quo and establishment loves it (in others).

I would like to hear from FlashVape if they think the debris in the threads issue is something they would like to eliminate in the future. I love this vape but still feel this is an important issue. Even though I am the first here to report permanently damaged threads, I have read several posts regarding the debris problem, which I understand now can be avoided through a diligent maintenance procedure (not very practical business-wise I think considering that most consumers won't have the time or patience or knowledge for that ... though I would had I to do it all over again). Also, even though mine is friction-fit now, the debris is still an annoyance as I'm really just mashing together soft metal bits.

I would love to buy a version in the future that doesn't have this one obvious (to me!) weak point. Certainly there is another way to connect and conduct in such a device. Can we have this discussion at least to benefit those who do feel this is an issue? (as opinions are clearly divided)

We are working on an improved version of this connection by changing to a MULTI-START (3x) threading pattern. This will decrease the number of turns you'd have to perform to unscrew this part, and will thus have less chance of damaging the thread. However, I must state that regardless of how the thread is cut, proper maintenance in keeping threaded connections clean and lubricated is the key to maintaining smooth turning action and ensuring longevity of use.

We are working on an improved version of this connection by changing to a MULTI-START (3x) threading pattern. This will decrease the number of turns you'd have to perform to unscrew this part, and will thus have less chance of damaging the thread. However, I must state that regardless of how the thread is cut, proper maintenance in keeping threaded connections clean and lubricated is the key to maintaining smooth turning action and ensuring longevity of use.
Thank you. Please announce when that improvement is available as I will order immediately.

kelper,

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

Actually, the way I see I the required maintenance as something akin to what one does with a car, musical instrument, etc. granted, it can be a pain in the ass for me to wipe down the fretboard (the neck) of my ovation guitar whenever I change the strings. Still, you can bet your ass I'm going to do it because it was an expensive purchase, and only through proper maintenance will it continue to be the best sounding acoustic I've had. I approach the FV with the same sort of mindset.

I do agree with you with regards to having open, civil discussions about future alternatives though. I'll defer to those with greater electronic/technical know-how to actually implement whatever comes to the table.

Edit: I realize this may seem out of left field or something. I just thought bringing another outlook to the table could be interesting for discussion

Actually, the way I see I the required maintenance as something akin to what one does with a car, musical instrument, etc. granted, it can be a pain in the ass for me to wipe down the fretboard (the neck) of my ovation guitar whenever I change the strings. Still, you can bet your ass I'm going to do it because it was an expensive purchase, and only through proper maintenance will it continue to be the best sounding acoustic I've had. I approach the FV with the same sort of mindset.

I do agree with you with regards to having open, civil discussions about future alternatives though. I'll defer to those with greater electronic/technical know-how to actually implement whatever comes to the table.

Edit: I realize this may seem out of left field or something. I just thought bringing another outlook to the table could be interesting for discussion
I did clean my threads regularly as that was an obvious problem, but I didn't break out the grease because I didn't realize it was necessary. The 3x thread sounds much better as far as ease of use and prevention of cross-threading, but the greasing and cleaning will still be necessary due to the soft non-anodized conducting threads. Still, it sounds like a big improvement although I'm still not sure if I cross-threaded or if it was just the debris in the threads that caused the problem. Even if you clean often, a piece of metallic debris can break off while screwing it, and can instantly cause a problem. But keeping it greased will hopefully help prevent even that.

Edit: I still think even better would be some type of 2-post collar mechanism that conducts electricity and attaches, but I don't know the cost as that is probably nonstandard in flashlight production and I assume FlashVape is trying to save money by piggybacking on existing production methods as much as possible.

Edit: My only concern with the 3x thread is if it means the threads would be even finer than now - that wouldn't be a good thing considering the non-anodized soft metal would be even more delicate. I'll hope that's not the case.

Willeh

I just thought I'd pop in quickly as I haven't checked the forums in a few days. When I posted my initial first impressions on this vaporizer a couple weeks back the first thing I didn't like was my unit came shipped with a very gritty bottom connection, and it required canned air, paper towel and lube day one. I hadn't even unscrewed it once yet, when I went to put the battery in it was full of grit and flakes and did not feel greased. I had the common sense to care for it, but it still builds up more 'grit' here and there. I have no issue wiping it occasionally, however what concerns me is a few people (pak?) have exceptionally smooth connections with no grit? I'm wondering if there's a real unit to unit difference on this here.

The other thing that was a little lame was I didn't get my 'free' FC screens with my S2 even though I asked for them. I then ordered a charger and batteries very shortly after and asked if I could get those screens with that order instead and they said yes but they weren't in the order. I can't get too angry about 'freebies' not showing up but it was twice FV said I'd get the screens without them showing up. Once again, not like I need them.

Edit: I agree fully that the threads are just a part of the game, and the vapor this thing puts out is impeccable. It's not hard to wipe it out and lube it. I don't think there's a real 'physical' unit to unit difference on this issue at all but I think the FV manufacturer might 'miss' wiping out and lubing the threads thoroughly on the occasional unit which makes some people find it gritty from the beginning. Mine made a pile of metal dust on my table next to my smoking materials the first time I opened it so be careful opening it the first time to not be 'over' your herb. Though I want everyone to know my review of the FV is overwhelmingly positive, it's become my daily driver and I think just mentioning to grease the threads or providing a packet of lube would be more than enough on FVs part. Ever since I put some grease in it it's been smooth sailing.

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
I just thought I'd pop in quickly as I haven't checked the forums in a few days. When I posted my initial first impressions on this vaporizer a couple weeks back the first thing I didn't like was my unit came shipped with a very gritty bottom connection, and it required canned air, paper towel and lube day one. I hadn't even unscrewed it once yet, when I went to put the battery in it was full of grit and flakes and did not feel greased. I had the common sense to care for it, but it still builds up more 'grit' here and there. I have no issue wiping it occasionally, however what concerns me is a few people (pak?) have exceptionally smooth connections with no grit? I'm wondering if there's a real unit to unit difference on this here.

The other thing that was a little lame was I didn't get my 'free' FC screens with my S2 even though I asked for them. I then ordered a charger and batteries very shortly after and asked if I could get those screens with that order instead and they said yes but they weren't in the order. I can't get too angry about 'freebies' not showing up but it was twice FV said I'd get the screens without them showing up. Once again, not like I need them.

Edit: I agree fully that the threads are just a part of the game, and the vapor this thing puts out is impeccable. It's not hard to wipe it out and lube it. I don't think there's a real 'physical' unit to unit difference on this issue at all but I think the FV manufacturer might 'miss' wiping out and lubing the threads thoroughly on the occasional unit which makes some people find it gritty from the beginning. Mine made a pile of metal dust on my table next to my smoking materials the first time I opened it so be careful opening it the first time to not be 'over' your herb. Though I want everyone to know my review of the FV is overwhelmingly positive, it's become my daily driver and I think just mentioning to grease the threads or providing a packet of lube would be more than enough on FVs part. Ever since I put some grease in it it's been smooth sailing.

Hi Willeh,

Im very sorry about the missing FREE screens with your order... we recently added a new staff member to our shipping department, and some errors were made occasionally with forgetting to read the "STAFF NOTE" side of orders from time to time. Please send me a PM with your order number and I will personally generate the shipping label for the item to be sent to you separately right away.

To all members who are experiencing issues with their shipment, please PM me or email directly: flashvape@gmail.com , and I will make sure that the matter is resolved for you personally. Thank you and please do accept our sincere apology if any mistakes were made... you can rest assured it will be fixed though! :)

Edit: My only concern with the 3x thread is if it means the threads would be even finer than now - that wouldn't be a good thing considering the non-anodized soft metal would be even more delicate. I'll hope that's not the case.

No, the 3x start thread we have in mind is still the same 1mm width as the single start thread. It is not any finer.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
After a skype training session with uncle Vito, I'm really getting the hang of this thing. My first attempt was disasterous, however. I held the button down for 10+ seconds, took a rip and immediately combusted. :doh:

Vito got me back on my horse quickly and within about a minute I was pulling fat vapor rips. :rockon:

Quick question: How many bowls are people getting from a battery with the Stu, er... "S2"?

Thanks again to Vito for his sage advice. :bowdown:

:peace:

Chill Dude

After a skype training session with uncle Vito, I'm really getting the hang of this thing. My first attempt was disasterous, however. I held the button down for 10+ seconds, took a rip and immediately combusted. :doh:

Vito got me back on my horse quickly and within about a minute I was pulling fat vapor rips. :rockon:

Quick question: How many bowls are people getting from a battery with the Stu, er... "S2"?

Thanks again to Vito for his sage advice. :bowdown:

Tracking tells me I will get my FVS2 tomorrow!! I want to start off on the right track. So Stu, fill us in on your tutoring session with VIto. Is the LB method still the way to go with the S2. For instance, hold button down for
4 seconds, start a slow draw while continuing to hold the button down another 4 seconds, release the button and finish your draw. Does that sound about right? I guess I'm just excited to give the FVS2 a good workout tomorrow night. Any pointers will be much appreciated........

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

I'm also interested in how that session went. I got to try my unit out for the first time earlier this evening, but I dont feel like I know how to handle it yet haha. It may be because I've never owned or even used an mflb. Still, I was surprised by the flavor when I did manage to pull off some semblance of a hit haha.

I do have a bit left from earlier, I think I'll try again. Afterwards, I'll post some preliminary thoughts

Chill Dude

Sounds about right to me. :tup:

I'm still experimenting, though.

Great, I'll start with that technique and see what happens,I guess your right though, it probably will take a little trial and error. After the first bowl, I can see how the counting thing might Get you in trouble ? Now, did I hold that Button down for 4 seconds or was it 14 oh fuck LOL......

Chill Dude

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but I got a kick out of the instruction sheet included with the unit. It explains some "advanced techniques" including the "Pak method" and the "Tweek method". :lol:

Once you zero in on your own technique , you can be added to the updated instruction sheet... " The S2 Stu Method". Kinda catchy if you ask me.

Chill Dude,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
My S2 arrived Saturday and has been getting a workout since. (NOTE: I still have not tried the S1 mode)

Box is nice.

It comes with all sorts of stuff: (feels complete)

some clear credit card sized plastic cards (no idea what these are for)
stickers
directions
advanced directions (props for putting a link to this thread).
straws, screens, the Vape, batteries and a charger.
sparts parts - o rings, screens and shrink tubing for the glass stems.

one battery arrived fully charged the other was dead and took over 5 hours to charge.

Its a larger portable unit like the Solo. Certainly not something I would probably take out in public unless it was in my backpack due to weight of this unit and size. The INH XP and Persei fill that role well for me.
This unit is very hefty and feels super solid.

No problem getting vapor on the first and subsequent tries. The vapor reminds me of the T1 except maybe a tad cooler and slightly tastier. There is vapor and its tasty but its not thick so far as with the Solo and INH. We had a LARGE group session the other night with 2 solos going, an XP, the Flashvape and even fired up my EQ 4.0. Even the novices got vapor from the S2 but no one could achieve thick vapor. more practice and expirementing is necessary. Even the novices got way bigger clouds from the Solo and the INH.

Flavor is very clean throughout. Its again reminds me of the T1 in that the flavor is clean but not concentrated like the Solo or INH. The FV and T1 seem to have less flavor up front but preserve the taste farther into the session. Both the INH and the Solo gives these really super flavorful first hits but degrade faster after that. I prefer the concentrated flavor slightly but also really like how the FV keeps the taste fresh longer.

Heat up time is as stated. Very very fast. I hit button for 3 to 4 seconds and then start drawing slowly for 15-20 seconds. I did manage to combust a few times toward the end of the load after being on the button for at least 30 seconds. More combustion resistant than a T1.

Battery life 1.5 - ~2 bowls IMO. I can't say I was able to completely finish a second bowl yet on one set of batteries.

ABV is very light. too light IMO. I have taken over 2 grams of ABV from the S2 sessions and put in the Solo and INH and get many hits off the ABV.

Need to re-read the whole thread again and see what tid bits I can glimmer. Certainly not getting clouds anything like Vito's video. If I can achieve better clouds and overall extraction this vape will surely have a spot in my rotation near the top.

again, these are initial just my initial impressions after 4 days of use.

If I had to sum up my initial impressions with a simple letter grade I would say B. I hope it earns an A on my next report :)

EDIT: on yeah spacer broke. Already knew about the breakage people were having before I even used my unit. My spacer slid in very easily and we put the screen back in. Never even touched it other than gently brushing the screen (per the recommendations here and it still broke). seems work fine missing some of the pieces though.

Another EDIT: Just did a session with S1 mode and it worked well. no issues combusting at all. I hit it like S2 mode. hold the power for 3-4 seconds until vapor starts appearing and then just draw slowly.

Top Bottom