Willeh

No, it's in the correct way. It is simply longer than my heating chamber, so it's unable to go all the way down on one side. It's only a couple degrees, the slant is just barely noticeable with the screen on top so there's a good chance it will still work, I hope. I'll know once my batteries are done charging in an hour or so.

Willeh,

Vitolo

Vaporist
and do not use the unit if the spacer is not in totally and evenly
flat (non - recessed) side up always.
if it is at an angle remove it, and drop it in again... until you get it to slide all the way in and smoothly and evenly.

Vitolo,
Reactions: Tweek

Willeh

I tried dropping it in in both directions (not as in flat non flat side, but I mean I rotated it around both ways), it won't seat flat it's too long. When i dropped it in the second time it got stuck near the bottom on the angle and is now wedged in there, It would take pressure to get it out so I'm figuring I might as well just run with it?

Willeh,

Vitolo

Vaporist
and there is no wiggle room at all?......
I am thinking there could be some other impedance.
I do not know if on the ceramic wall, or on the disk.
FV.... where are you?

Vitolo,

Tweek

I tried dropping it in in both directions (not as in flat non flat side, but I mean I rotated it around both ways), it won't seat flat it's too long. When i dropped it in the second time it got stuck near the bottom on the angle and is now wedged in there, It would take pressure to get it out so I'm figuring I might as well just run with it?

The spacer I have was a little snug. It really is important to have it flush against the bottom...I just took a small pair of tweezers and slowly worked it into place. Try and grip it on the outside edge, and not by the inner parts.

Tweek,
Reactions: Vitolo

Willeh

It was wedged solidly. I plucked it out using my buddha poker carefully, it took some very delicate pressure and it popped out in one piece. I got the idea of running it under very cold water to contract it and it seemed to work. I toweled it off and plopped it in quickly and it seems to be flat as can be, but it's definitely 'in there good' now. As long as I like the S2 I think I'm ok with that.

Vitolo

Vaporist
You will get it out... I have faith
best that you did not use it as it was.. that is the truth. It made me nervous~

Vitolo,
Reactions: Tweek

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It was wedged solidly. I plucked it out using my buddha poker carefully, it took some very delicate pressure and it popped out in one piece. I got the idea of running it under very cold water to contract it and it seemed to work. I toweled it off and plopped it in quickly and it seems to be flat as can be, but it's definitely 'in there good' now. As long as I like the S2 I think I'm ok with that.

I was getting nervous that you might break it trying to get it out. I don't think the ceramic would expand or contract much, so I think it's just quite snug and the second time you lined it up perfectly. Unless you want to go back to conduction, there's not much reason to remove it. It gets a little dirty but I only cleaned mine twice, both times only because I was soaking the tabbed screen and had nothing better to do.

Tweek is right, you will love the S2. No doubt about it.

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer

The reason your spacer is not seated flat the first time is because there are debris around the edges of your screen. This precision molded ceramic spacer is exactly 0.5mm smaller than the diameter across the sides of the inner walls in the bowl. The wiggle room needs to be small so that when you are shaking the FV between uses, the disc does not slide around and makes an impact against the side walls of the ceramic chamber. So if you have any debris stuck on the walls, or around the edges of the heating element screen, it will not seat properly.

One thing you can do is to take a toothpick, and carefully give the edges where the bowl meets the screen a light scrub. Once you get rid of any gunk that's stuck there, it will fit nicely.

Willeh

So I like the S2 a lot. It's a lot easier to get a nice even brown all the way through and gives a very smooth convection vapor. The conduction version can give you pretty much the same size clouds if you work for it and I feel works better with very small loads. The S2 is not at no risk of combustion, I combusted my first 2 bowls through it near the end by going too slow. This thing has much more power in this mode than conduction. The vapor quality with proper technique is absolutely excellent though, I found it very smooth and cool almost like volcano vapor out of a bag. Not extremely hot on the mouth or teeth like a lot of vaporizers with very short air-paths I've tried. I've never enjoyed vaporizing dry, but the filter mesh on this vaporizer is very fine and actually seems to stop pretty much all particulates. Over all this is the epitome of hand held 'not pocket' vaporizers when it comes to value and vapor quality and makes us Canadians proud! Time to go for a walk in the park with the flashvape.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The S2 is not at no risk of combustion, I combusted my first 2 bowls through it near the end by going too slow.

That's true, but it is a greatly reduced risk. You can't draw quite as slowly near the end of a bowl because the load gets much drier, thus easier to combust. I think you'll quickly get a feel for the FV and the combustion risk will be eliminated for you.

Chill Dude

So I like the S2 a lot. It's a lot easier to get a nice even brown all the way through and gives a very smooth convection vapor. The conduction version can give you pretty much the same size clouds if you work for it and I feel works better with very small loads. The S2 is not at no risk of combustion, I combusted my first 2 bowls through it near the end by going too slow. This thing has much more power in this mode than conduction. The vapor quality with proper technique is absolutely excellent though, I found it very smooth and cool almost like volcano vapor out of a bag. Not extremely hot on the mouth or teeth like a lot of vaporizers with very short air-paths I've tried. I've never enjoyed vaporizing dry, but the filter mesh on this vaporizer is very fine and actually seems to stop pretty much all particulates. Over all this is the epitome of hand held 'not pocket' vaporizers when it comes to value and vapor quality and makes us Canadians proud! Time to go for a walk in the park with the flashvape.

Willeh,

Glad to hear the FVS2 is working out well for you. I can't wait to get mine, should arrive Friday! I guess I'm a little concerned that you combusted on the first couple bowls. after all, the basic two benefits of the S2 kit are converting the unit to 100% convection unit and the fact that the S2 is very resistant to combustion. In fact, Paka commented that in his view combustion is really not a concern anymore with the S2 kit. And I believe most of the other testers Tweek, Vito and others seemed to concur that the S2 makes the FV a much more user friendly device. Basically, that's what made me pull the trigger and purchase the device. If you don't mind, can you elaborate on exactly what you did when you reached combustion? For instance, How many seconds did you hold the button down? At what point did you start your draw? The speed of your draw? Any information you give us will be much appreciated....

Chill Dude,

Willeh

I was playing with the technique, trying to push the vapor thickness which was what caused it to combust. The heating element is glowing red in about three and a half seconds and ready to be drawn off of. I find using a 'nose-draw' technique until you see vapor start flowing then switch to a full mouth draw is the best technique for knowing when to start speeding up to not combust. You wont combust if you hit it at a medium to fast speed after four seconds. If you passed it to someone and said "Hold the button for three and half seconds, suck slowly, and let go of the button after 4 seconds" they would probably get a good hit without combusting. It's really not that hard and the whole unit is cleanable. I've iso-soaked mine three times already.

Willeh,

beefsupreme

Thanks to everyone in this thread for their posts so far, I bought the FV with the S2 kit, which should arrive soon. My only other vaporizer has been an MFLB. Are there any tips, or a great wiki page like the mflb has for the FV yet? If not I can see it coming together from all the knowledge being shared. I've read pages here and its helped me get ready for the new black beast coming in the post.

Coming from the box, should I start using it with the S2 kit right away or start with the S1? I don't need to make big clouds and less smell would be good (until my roommate moves out after semester)

I was wondering if i can use the same very fine grind with the FV that I use with the box? Is the FV as sensitive to grind quality as the box? I saw Paka mentioning 0.1g as a good load. Can someone post or point me to a picture of what that amount looks like in the FV?

beefsupreme,

Willeh

Hey beefsupreme. Coming from the box you will already know how to use the s1, the techniques are pretty much the exact same. I don't think either set up smells any more or less than the other. The S2 is even easier to use and is less sensitive to how fine you need to grind it than the mflb. The s1 benefits heavily from a very fine grind like the mflb. I found using the nose-draw technique from the mflb on the s1 was a good way to get very big clouds but be careful not to combust. For the s2 just push the button, count to 4, then suck at a medium-slow steady pace until your lungs are full.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks to everyone in this thread for their posts so far, I bought the FV with the S2 kit, which should arrive soon. My only other vaporizer has been an MFLB. Are there any tips, or a great wiki page like the mflb has for the FV yet? If not I can see it coming together from all the knowledge being shared. I've read pages here and its helped me get ready for the new black beast coming in the post.

Coming from the box, should I start using it with the S2 kit right away or start with the S1? I don't need to make big clouds and less smell would be good (until my roommate moves out after semester)

I was wondering if i can use the same very fine grind with the FV that I use with the box? Is the FV as sensitive to grind quality as the box? I saw Paka mentioning 0.1g as a good load. Can someone post or point me to a picture of what that amount looks like in the FV?

A .1 g load is just enough to cover the screen. I don't have a picture, sorry. The FV will work quite well with both smaller and larger loads. The smallest I've tried is .05 g, the largest I didn't weigh but it was huge, nearly half a bowl full. Go with whatever makes you happy.

There is no Vaporpedia entry for the FV yet. Willeh has covered the rest of your questions pretty well.

optiato

I'm dying here, I don't know if my tracking info is accurate or if my FV is sitting outside my door at this moment. Ahhhhh!

I apologize for my useless post, I've been following this thread for weeks and I'm chomping at the bit for my own.

optiato,

OF

I'm dying here, I don't know if my tracking info is accurate or if my FV is sitting outside my door at this moment. Ahhhhh!

Thanks for sharing......

Say, look, give me your address, I'll cruse by and confirm it's not waiting at home for you.......

OF

OF,
Reactions: ShipDit

noobers

Can someone with both post a pic of the FV next to a solo? I can't quite picture how big this is. Would it be awkward in a fairly big pocket like a winter coat?

Also, I'm new to vapes, about to buy my first, and I've loved the research process thanks to you here on FC!

noobers,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It sticks out of a pants pocket and falls out of my sweatpants pockets. Fits real well in a ski jacket pocket.

stickstones,

Vitolo

Vaporist
While the Solo seems much smaller at 1st glance, the stem evens the score~
Photoon2013-02-28at1549.jpg

noobers

While the Solo seems much smaller at 1st glance, the stem evens the score~
Photoon2013-02-28at1549.jpg

Wow vitalo thank you! You're right much closer than I pictured. I think at this point the biggest difference for me between FV and Solo is the internal vs. removable battery. Clutter bothers me and I don't want another charger sitting around, but might go for Fv anyways as you make the vape quality look so great. Bigger bowl might be better to share with a few friends as well. Thanks again!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think at this point the biggest difference for me between FV and Solo is the internal vs. removable battery. Clutter bothers me and I don't want another charger sitting around, but might go for Fv anyways as you make the vape quality look so great.

My take on the removable battery is that my FV is never tied to a charger. If a battery poops out, the FV can be back in service in less than a minute. Also, when the batteries wear out (and they will) I don't have to disassemble my device to replace them.

No one has mentioned the weight difference. The Solo is 8.3 oz. (230 g) while the FV is 12 oz (344 g). Another point: I've only handled a Solo once, but I don't think it could take the same abuse the FV could. The FV is virtually indestructible.

Top Bottom