Discontinued Elevape SV

justcametomind

Hi guys couldn't be happier. Just got my ESV so I'm in the club too!
I already love it even if it's a bit on the heavy side.
I'm charging the battery since almost 2 hours now.
Basically the unit is activated by breath right?
Manual says to charge it for AT LEAST 5 hours, does it mean maybe 6 is better?
Am I entitled to ask why I didn't get the awesome stirring tool I see on a YT review?
Light switched already to green, and has been yellow for like an hour, is it ok?

OF

I'm charging the battery since almost 2 hours now.

Manual says to charge it for AT LEAST 5 hours, does it mean maybe 6 is better?

Light switched already to green, and has been yellow for like an hour, is it ok?

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll like it.

Even with new math "almost 2" is still short of "AT LEAST 5". You only have to do this once, and the battery's health and lifespan depend on it, I'd give it at least 3 more, 4 or 5 is not a bad thing but likely not to give any extra benefit. Once you discharge it the first time this opportunity is gone. Your call.

Yes, airflow starts the heating automatically, the ESV is basically never off, there's no switch for that. I don't find the tool useful, but others do. If you didn't get one, contact Joe (MP works well) and he'll mail you one I'm sure.

OF

mephisto

Just want to stop by and say that I owe the ESV a measure of apology. I have been seduced by new, organic vapes. Straight turned my back, but it has been my fault all along. All the thing needed was a thorough cleaning. Put the factory screw screen back in, and just like new performance! I'm sorry I've been such a shit, Wyatt.

justcametomind

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll like it.

Even with new math "almost 2" is still short of "AT LEAST 5". You only have to do this once, and the battery's health and lifespan depend on it, I'd give it at least 3 more, 4 or 5 is not a bad thing but likely not to give any extra benefit. Once you discharge it the first time this opportunity is gone. Your call.

Yes, airflow starts the heating automatically, the ESV is basically never off, there's no switch for that. I don't find the tool useful, but others do. If you didn't get one, contact Joe (MP works well) and he'll mail you one I'm sure.

OF
I was 7 hrs hope I didn't stress out the battery.
I think I will need a spacer as I intend to vape very little per time. I'm barely covering the screen and don't get much vapor with no.3 stock setting. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, more weed is ok, next thing I'm going to see what's the stock temp on 3. Then how to select celsius and where other to download new firmware 1.34 since the official site has a broken link, plus see which fw I have on my unit. If anyone wants to chime in, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: PPN and OF

OF

I think I will need a spacer as I intend to vape very little per time. I'm barely covering the screen and don't get much vapor with no.3 stock setting. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, more weed is ok, next thing I'm going to see what's the stock temp on 3.

Not to worry, extra time is not a problem, at least not the first full charge. Long term only charging to 90% will actually give you more battery life in the end. Twice, roughly. But that's another topic.

This is a conduction (Edit: Make that convection....) vape, action stops 'on a dime' when you stop the air flow. You can come back and finish the job later with no penalty past the bulk of the flavor being in the first few hits. If you decide to load small charges, be sure to not leave open spots in the bowl, the hot air will all go that way, drying out your throat, burning up the battery and not making vapor. You need a complete layer of something (maybe cotton or ABV?) to force the hot air to pass over the raw herb.

I'd suggest starting with relatively full loads and stirring often until you get the hang of it? Keep it dry going in as well. Moisture will foul it faster and needlessly complicate things.

OF

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think I will need a spacer as I intend to vape very little per time. I'm barely covering the screen and don't get much vapor with no.3 stock setting. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, more weed is ok, next thing I'm going to see what's the stock temp on 3. Then how to select celsius and where other to download new firmware 1.34 since the official site has a broken link, plus see which fw I have on my unit. If anyone wants to chime in, I'm all ears.

No spacers needed here, not like conduction. Just experiment with load, draw, and temps. Good luck!

btka

for more vapor you have to fill the bowl... that was one think I did not really like... thought of cutting a e-nano stem so it will fit in the bowl so you can close the lid.. so you could make the bowl (daiameter) smaller... and force the hot air over your herb... I also used the esv with an e-nano glass stem it fits in the bowl and you can use smaller amounts...

Last edited:
btka,
Reactions: OF

ginolicious

This came up in the "on demand" thread regarding the ESV and Aluminum used in the design.

Studies have shown that aluminum has been a cause contributor to Alzheimer's. Any thoughts on inhaling vapor through a full
Aluminum air path?

Are we getting traces of aluminum in our vapor or is the temperature to low that we are not?

Random question and food for thought in regards to the aluminum design.

ginolicious,
Reactions: OF

OF

This came up in the "on demand" thread regarding the ESV and Aluminum used in the design.

Studies have shown that aluminum has been a cause contributor to Alzheimer's. Any thoughts on inhaling vapor through a full
Aluminum air path?

Are we getting traces of aluminum in our vapor or is the temperature to low that we are not?

Random question and food for thought in regards to the aluminum design.

It's come up in other vapes, but I don't recall here.

There's a specific prohibition against such material safety issue discussions in vape threads, I suggest we follow that directive?

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It's come up in other vapes, but I don't recall here.

There's a specific prohibition against such material safety issue discussions in vape threads, I suggest we follow that directive?

OF
OF is correct. Per our forum rules:
  • If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.

:peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And in any case it actually has already been discussed several times in this thread earlier, like many things in an 100+ page thread

Shit Snacks,

little maggie

A couple of questions: what is the learning curve on this? Also is there an earlier version and what is the difference? It's for sale for under $250 and it gets good reviews. Has anyone regretted buying theirs? I just bought the FM mini for $80 and am waiting for the Zion. The last thing I need is another vape but

little maggie,
Reactions: friedrich

ginolicious

A couple of questions: what is the learning curve on this? Also is there an earlier version and what is the difference? It's for sale for under $250 and it gets good reviews. Has anyone regretted buying theirs? I just bought the FM mini for $80 and am waiting for the Zion. The last thing I need is another vape but

Not much of a curve I've gathered from reading the endless pages haha. Slow long inhales. Quick ones cool herb down too much.

ginolicious,
Reactions: nosmoking

PPN

Volute of Vapor
If I remenber well you will find the 1.34 in the European website, I don't think it is possible to switch from farenheit to celsius....

I hope you will love it....most peoples combust at the first try using stock setting but yours seems on the cold side, in another hand it's better cause with a hot unit like mine you can't play a lot with temperatures (I use 95% lower setting 1).

My average bowl is between 0.05 and 0.1 but I never wheight it, I noticed I can vape a small bowl without stirring at all when my unit is immaculate and clean with the larger airflow I can and my unit seems to be colder without any hotspots...although when unit is dirty it is running hotter for me, the dirty screen create hot spots, less airflow, dirty lens, dirty vaporpath.

I hope you'll love it and get the hang of it!

Great!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
A few pictures of the lovely Bloodwood mouthpiece I had custom made by Ed's TNT...

It fits perfect and hits real nice. Draw resistance has not changed at all as it appears Ed kept the same inside diameter or very close to it anyway. I personally love how the black lines compliment the ESV and bring something that has rounded edges and is cylindrical in overall shape a little bit of linear look as well to go with the very straight and square black ESV. I also love the extra length as it gives my nose a little room. Perhaps my snoz is big, but I often would feel it was right on top of the Elevape if not touching it.

Al..

A few pictures of the lovely Bloodwood mouthpiece I had custom made by Ed's TNT...

It fits perfect and hits real nice. Draw resistance has not changed at all as it appears Ed kept the same inside diameter or very close to it anyway. I personally love how the black lines compliment the ESV and bring something that has rounded edges and is cylindrical in overall shape a little bit of linear look as well to go with the very straight and square black ESV. I also love the extra length as it gives my nose a little room. Perhaps my snoz is big, but I often would feel it was right on top of the Elevape if not touching it.
Very nice... :)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Very nice... :)

Ah yes very nice pics and post bro, am really happy you like what I have done for you! I did keep the ID of the stem at the same size I want to say just cause it gives me a little more to work with on the outside of the stem, that and it gives me room to add the oring for a snug fit. I hope you enjoy those pieces for a long time to come, pls let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you in the future.

justcametomind

My mouthpiece seems to be falling apart all the time, other that that, after sticking with stock temps and still getting burnt weed, I realized why not to fucking LOWER the temperature, instead that trying mimicking other vapes temps? Hell yeah! I'm now good with 305 but to avoid stirring I'd need a little more cool and that's not possible without sending it in. For the moment I'll try to find a better sealing mouthpiece and that will help with airflow and avoiding burnt spots.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My mouthpiece seems to be falling apart all the time, other that that, after sticking with stock temps and still getting burnt weed, I realized why not to fucking LOWER the temperature, instead that trying mimicking other vapes temps? Hell yeah! I'm now good with 305 but to avoid stirring I'd need a little more cool and that's not possible without sending it in. For the moment I'll try to find a better sealing mouthpiece and that will help with airflow and avoiding burnt spots.
Yes...i don't use mine, as a lot of ESV users here I think, take it off and try to find another mp or you can use teflon to secure it...

i use a piece of the blue silicone tips which comes with inhalaterXP and a whip glass mp...it's not the better design but i like how the glass help to get smooth hits. and it's not stealth at all but I keep my ESV at home.

ESV doesn't seems to let anybody indifferent, you love it or you hate it, I was stocked to see how much famous member here seems to hate this vape, technically it's a sort of electrical powered Vaporgenie...take a hit, open stir, close and repeat....that's why some people think if it's basically the same than a VG why to spent so much $?......cause the taste my friends! It give me the most delicious flavorfull, fruity spicy hits i ever experienced even with the MiniVap or the HA....it is personnal opinion without anythingelse to support than my love for vaping!

famineinthemind

How long does the taste usually last? I feel like I get 4 hits of good taste/vapor.

I'm also interested to see how a glass mouthpiece would work out with the elevape. Probably joda glassworks

Last edited:
famineinthemind,
Reactions: nosmoking

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Those stems make the elevape more attractive. Anything Ed does is a winner.

Thanks so much that means alot my friend, I just do what I do and its because of you all that I am able to really do so much, you all send stuff out to me and let me do what I love, thats the best! Yeah it takes me some time but its all worth it in the end if you all are happy with my work! Thanks again to everyone here at FC for giving me the opportunity to do what I love and love what I do!

Top Bottom