Discontinued Elevape SV

famineinthemind

The mouthpiece impacts performance for me. If I'm walking or in a moving car when inhaling it can be a little shakey you can lose your draw while still inhaling for me at least. You have to get the o ring to twist so it stays, but if you move it slightly it will wobble and it wont be an air tight connection.

Honestly the elevape seems like something you can make with a e cig mod, just no heat activated draw. (Not sure though, I don't own an e cig. I've seen a picture of someones ecig modded for dry herb. Basically same concept) It feels pretty nice to hold though. I've only had my elevape for less than a week. So with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

OF

You have to get the o ring to twist so it stays, but if you move it slightly it will wobble and it wont be an air tight connection.

Honestly the elevape seems like something you can make with a e cig mod, just no heat activated draw. (Not sure though, I don't own an e cig. I've seen a picture of someones ecig modded for dry herb. Basically same concept) It feels pretty nice to hold though. I've only had my elevape for less than a week. So with a grain of salt.

I think the o-ring provides the seal. Wobble has no effect there, at least when I tested mine. You might try the same test, tape up the holes in the power unit and see? I used a short piece of tube. Sucking and blowing showed no leaks I could detect.

No, you can't make this out of any e-cig mod I know of (not an exhaustive list for sure....). Nobody runs true convection, uses optical feedback (in that market) or uses such a dinky high power battery pack to make it happen. They use six state of the art batteries in parallel, the kind they put in R/C helicopters. each with it's own protection circuit. A lot of the cost of the ESV is 'tied up' right there.

OF

Edit: I forgot to mention I also experimented with wrapping 'plumber's tape' around the MP (with and without the o-ring). It takes a few layers IIRC, but made no difference except it no longer wobbled. If wobbling is troubling, perhaps that would solve it?

OF

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I think the o-ring provides the seal. Wobble has no effect there, at least when I tested mine. You might try the same test, tape up the holes in the power unit and see? I used a short piece of tube. Sucking and blowing showed no leaks I could detect.

No, you can't make this out of any e-cig mod I know of (not an exhaustive list for sure....). Nobody runs true convection, uses optical feedback (in that market) or uses such a dinky high power battery pack to make it happen. They use six state of the art batteries in parallel, the kind they put in R/C helicopters. each with it's own protection circuit. A lot of the cost of the ESV is 'tied up' right there.

OF
BOOM Nova Tank is almost there...they have a thread in the upcoming section

famineinthemind

OF

Edit: I forgot to mention I also experimented with wrapping 'plumber's tape' around the MP (with and without the o-ring). It takes a few layers IIRC, but made no difference except it no longer wobbled. If wobbling is troubling, perhaps that would solve it?

OF

Maybe my o ring is too thin? When I get the seal it's air tight, but when you push the mouthpiece in/out slightly on accident it will lose the o ring seal. I just blew into it pushing the mouthpiece all the way down and there's air coming out. Even with the o ring seal the mouthpiece can still wobble slightly.

I recall in this thread there's am mouthpiece that's a perfect fit and the same as the OEM, the o ring was red. The o ring just has to be a little thicker for mine at least.

Can anyone recommend a drip tip I can buy that will fit?

famineinthemind,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Maybe my o ring is too thin? When I get the seal it's air tight, but when you push the mouthpiece in/out slightly on accident it will lose the o ring seal. I just blew into it pushing the mouthpiece all the way down and there's air coming out. Even with the o ring seal the mouthpiece can still wobble slightly.

I recall in this thread there's am mouthpiece that's a perfect fit and the same as the OEM, the o ring was red. The o ring just has to be a little thicker for mine at least.

Can anyone recommend a drip tip I can buy that will fit?

It was just discussed a page or so ago. If you contact Joe you can get a delrin mouthpiece that fits much better in my experience

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: OF

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
this is for @Kaptan in response to what you said in the Zion thread since it would be off topic to list there but here are some references to people whom do not require stirring with their ESV. I am right there with them as I use the bottle cap screen method and I do not stir for even ABV.

I find that if I use lower temps, I rarely need to stir. Just pack it loosely.

Less stirring = Less bits & dust = Less cleaning

I get a good 6 - 8 nice draws before I even look now... nudge it around, but it's mostly done anyway.

Finally tried the bottle cap method. 6-8 hits with no stirring and I have a nicely brown load of abv. Thanks, @Vape Dr. !

I never stir or shake. Perfectly chocolate brown, crunchy ABV.

Some do, some differently and some don't. Some likes the stock Allen screw being a little like a heat sink, some do the bottlecap.
What @Vape Dr. told me, You can also just try moving the ESV and draw in a different position, like slightly tilted or what ever. This works pretty nicely and I don't feel like stirring at all. Actually it's kinda fun cause it's not this static pipe position and it's nice to try out...
Even when I didn't do so, my abv was pretty evenly vaped nevertheless. Just a little more than a pinch.. Not even 1/3 bowl. Perfect.

A few pages ago somebody did say you do not need to stir it. You can bump it off your knee if need be. Taking off the lid and stirring is not a requirement as I have read.
That somebody was Vape Dr. if I recall correctly.

If you are not trying the bottle cap screen method yet, then you need to

Shit Snacks

this is for @Kaptan in response to what you said in the Zion thread since it would be off topic to list there but here are some references to people whom do not require stirring with their ESV. I am right there with them as I use the bottle cap screen method and I do not stir for even ABV.

Nice dude, pulling it all together. For a counterpoint though, I always find it better to stir even with the bottlecap. But there are many other variables we've discussed here

OyVape

My relatively new ESV isn't hitting, wahhhh! Seems to heat up, coil glows, charges to 100% in less than an hour, but no vapor on any of my 3 settings.:shrug:

I opened it up a couple times this week, once to clean it and once to adjust the coil to fix a hot spot. Had some trouble both times getting all the pieces aligned flush. Hope I didn't damage anything, especially the coil.

Methinks a call to Joe might be in order.

OyVape,
Reactions: OF

Shit Snacks

My relatively new ESV isn't hitting, wahhhh! Seems to heat up, coil glows, charges to 100% in less than an hour, but no vapor on any of my 3 settings.:shrug:

I opened it up a couple times this week, once to clean it and once to adjust the coil to fix a hot spot. Had some trouble both times getting all the pieces aligned flush. Hope I didn't damage anything, especially the coil.

Yeah if coil is heating, only issue I could think of would be an air leak somewhere, my trick is to have screws in while you assemble, to ensure its all lined up as tight as possible

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vapen00b

OF

Did it ever make vapor? If you're 'trying to fix a hot spot' you have to be close. Checking the coil screws has fixed some, otherwise I'd bump the temperature up a bit.

We did have one (or two) that got replaced for 'doesn't get hot enough even at full blast', but I don't recall hearing the factory evaluation on them. Let's hope it doesn't come to that....whatever it was.

I'd check the screws (carefully of course) but if it glows in the mirror when you blow in the charge port I'd bump the temps up before calling in the Marines (Joe in this case).

Best wishes for a swift and complete resolution. ESVs are for enjoying.

OF

Bastos

I need that coil, could I find wire at my local vapor store? @Bastos

Looks like it would save a ton of battery life.

When you say coil rebuild do you mean coil replacement or did you build your own stove top coil yourself?

Like I said Joe said it is a special wire type and that he didn't recommend trying it. I don't want to short out the motherboard by trying to build my own either. As far as making this coil it's a piece of cake. There are tons of videos out there that teach you how to make a stove top coil.

Another fine video, Bastos. From what I see there, I prefer your coil over the OEM!
I have the same request as famineinthemind. Could you provide us with some more info on the gauge, type, and where to obtain this wire?

@famineinthemind @Eleaf420 & @tripwire, so after understanding how this unit works what I did was measure the resistance with a Volt meter or ohm reader for vape coils, 1.5ohm. I suggest NOT to use vape wire or rebuild like ecigs. Dont risk it. Js play with the Elevape wire. I was able to shortened the coil down to 1ohm. If anyone is reading this and says to themselves, "whats a 1ohm coil" then you my friend shouldnt be modding coils. Joe did state if I burn the pcb because of this your warranty is done.

Then from there its tweekin your coil with a tweezer to get optimal heat. Space the coils, tilt the coil, etc. keep the coil about 4mm above the prism. That prism is key. It acts as a regulator for the unit to provide exact temp. To low tells the prism its to hot and will regulate. To high tells the coil not enough heat and will try to adjust per your settings. Which in tale can be accurate or inaccurate coil heat.

Slow down the draw (suction) to where the led is lit. To fast of a draw will activate the coil but will cool down the coil. Slow steady draws is what worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bastos,
Reactions: Eleaf420

OyVape

OK, progress report: after disassembling the unit, monkeying around with it and putting it back together a couple times, the coil was just heating partially and very slowly. Damn teeny tiny screws and coil legs, and teeny tiny tools! Reminds me of my years as an optician...My eyes and hands ain't what they useta be:(!

Anyway, I called Joe and he answered on the first ring, walked me through doing a hard reset, and went through some troubleshooting with me. Trying to describe my coil gave me an idea to call him via FaceTime on the iPad. He had never used it before and was quite delighted to learn something new, and showed me their work area where they make these things.

Long story short, he took one look at my poor coil and just said, "oh yeah, no, that coil will never work!" When I said something about dealing with teeny tiny things, he said just send it to him and he'll replace it for free! Needless to say, I thanked him profusely.

Apparently, in my efforts to reposition the coil, I had somehow gotten the individual coil rings out of alignment with themselves. He said they have to be perfectly even in order to work correctly. Just saying, in case anyone else might be wondering ...

Kaptan

I do use the bottle cap screen, but still find my herb is much more evenly extracted without any charring by stirring. If I were to hit my ESV 3 times in a row without a stir, the third hit would be very wispy. After stirring the herb, the next one or two hits will be nice and coudy. YMMV.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Thats all I was trying to say to you. You stated that the ESV definetly requires stirring but it doesn't for many.

You may need to do some more tweaking. I didnt get the results I get now so easily when I first went to the bottle cap screen method. I had to play with coil angle and temperature and such and I am sure I will again when I clean the coil again. I'm vaping at 325 and 340 now with about 8-10 good clouds and no stirring. The last two hits can be a little wispy but the rest are all pretty good.

Kaptan

Thats all I was trying to say to you. You stated that the ESV definetly requires stirring but it doesn't for many.

You may need to do some more tweaking. I didnt get the results I get now so easily when I first went to the bottle cap screen method. I had to play with coil angle and temperature and such and I am sure I will again when I clean the coil again. I'm vaping at 325 and 340 now with about 8-10 good clouds and no stirring. The last two hits can be a little wispy but the rest are all pretty good.
I generally get about 15-18 decent draws with stirring so as I said it is recommended. Maybe give it a try? While I do agree some may get away without stirring, most will agree it is required with the Elevape and that was my original point.

Mr Mellish

OK, progress report: after disassembling the unit, monkeying around with it and putting it back together a couple times, the coil was just heating partially and very slowly. Damn teeny tiny screws and coil legs, and teeny tiny tools! Reminds me of my years as an optician...My eyes and hands ain't what they useta be:(!

Anyway, I called Joe and he answered on the first ring, walked me through doing a hard reset, and went through some troubleshooting with me. Trying to describe my coil gave me an idea to call him via FaceTime on the iPad. He had never used it before and was quite delighted to learn something new, and showed me their work area where they make these things.

Long story short, he took one look at my poor coil and just said, "oh yeah, no, that coil will never work!" When I said something about dealing with teeny tiny things, he said just send it to him and he'll replace it for free! Needless to say, I thanked him profusely.

Apparently, in my efforts to reposition the coil, I had somehow gotten the individual coil rings out of alignment with themselves. He said they have to be perfectly even in order to work correctly. Just saying, in case anyone else might be wondering ...

FaceTime has become an essential tool for troubleshooting with elderly parents! Good call!

RelaxedNow

Yeah but can you vape while you're on FaceTime with them? :uhoh:

Not me! But I'm sure there are folks luckier than I am.

My mother told me she'd rather I smoke weed than come home drunk. I was 17 then.....45 years ago. :myday: Pretty cool for the era, eh? She was a staunch church-going Catholic too, so I was surprised as hell.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I generally get about 15-18 decent draws with stirring so as I said it is recommended. Maybe give it a try? While I do agree some may get away without stirring, most will agree it is required with the Elevape and that was my original point.
Draw count has to do with a lot of other parameters such as draw duration, moisture content of material, grind consistency, load size and many other things, but since my ABV is completely cooked when I'm done and evenly dark brown, I know your not getting anything more out of it. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm enjoying not needing to stir.

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Good news: I just received my brand new ESV! I'm waiting on the 5 hour charge...

Bad news: One of the washers of the lid fell right off the first I opened it! WTF?

dlKtnc9h.jpg

The mouthpiece is loose, but I'd read about that already...

Those two things don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about a new and expensive vape!
I checked with Joe and he tells me that the magnets on the lid are overkill and not really necessary and that newer models won't have them.

He offered to send me another lid, but I told him not to,since it's really not needed.

OF

I checked with Joe and he tells me that the magnets on the lid are overkill and not really necessary and that newer models won't have them.

Guys, let's stick to the fact here, shall we? Those are SS washers, not magnets, in the lid. The magnets are in the body. Get something steel and see for yourself, like the hex key that came with it your ESV for disassembly, it sticks to the body not the lid?

The washers (a magnetic SS, some are not) are glued into the cover. And they don't even 'come flush'. I see no reason at all not to just glue them back in if it annoys you one got loose. 'Super glue' would probably do a fine job, thin epoxy even more? Even if you don't get it 'all the way down' where it was before, as long as it's below flush you're Jake.

Otherwise I agree, given a tight enough ring the magnets don't seem that important. If, however, the lid is loose enough to rotate out of position on it's own it's probably only a matter of time before an accident happens. Murphy will ensure that spills the only herb on hand into the dirt. Or better still, sand.

OF

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Well I've been on the sidelines long enough.
Thanks to an awesome member @subway13029 woke up to a PM of him offering me a deal I couldn't refuse.
So after a little saving I now have an esv heading my way with a bunch of extra goodies coils, body, ect.
To say im excited would be an understatement.
Can't wait to join the fun...
Thanks again Bro...

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Guys, let's stick to the fact here, shall we? Those are SS washers, not magnets, in the lid. The magnets are in the body. Get something steel and see for yourself, like the hex key that came with it your ESV for disassembly, it sticks to the body not the lid?

The washers (a magnetic SS, some are not) are glued into the cover. And they don't even 'come flush'. I see no reason at all not to just glue them back in if it annoys you one got loose. 'Super glue' would probably do a fine job, thin epoxy even more? Even if you don't get it 'all the way down' where it was before, as long as it's below flush you're Jake.

Otherwise I agree, given a tight enough ring the magnets don't seem that important. If, however, the lid is loose enough to rotate out of position on it's own it's probably only a matter of time before an accident happens. Murphy will ensure that spills the only herb on hand into the dirt. Or better still, sand.

OF

Hey @OF, on my original post with the pic, I mentioned that the Washer fell off...

On my last post, I mentioned that Joe said that he will not use magnets on future models, which implies that the washers will not be necessary either.

Hope this clears the confusion.

Top Bottom