Discontinued Elevape SV

OyVape

Yes...i don't use mine, as a lot of ESV users here I think, take it off and try to find another mp or you can use teflon to secure it...

i use a piece of the blue silicone tips which comes with inhalaterXP and a whip glass mp...it's not the better design but i like how the glass help to get smooth hits. and it's not stealth at all but I keep my ESV at home.

ESV doesn't seems to let anybody indifferent, you love it or you hate it, I was stocked to see how much famous member here seems to hate this vape, technically it's a sort of electrical powered Vaporgenie...take a hit, open stir, close and repeat....that's why some people think if it's basically the same than a VG why to spent so much $?......cause the taste my friends! It give me the most delicious flavorfull, fruity spicy hits i ever experienced even with the MiniVap or the HA....it is personnal opinion without anythingelse to support than my love for vaping!

How could anyone compare the Vapor Genie to this tech wonder? Not even remotely close! No torch, no flame, no waiting etc etc. I actually had a VG some years ago as my first vape ever. It was ok but not even in the same league.

And yes, the taste and coolness of the vapor in the ESV is the best I've ever experienced!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Alright I decided this will be my next vape. Where is the lowest priced option available? Looking for great customer service as well

Best to call up Joe and ask what he can do, can't beat customer service like that!

And yeah, tastse is unreal at 305 first hit, so mouthwatering. And the insant on full power is wonderful, coolest dry hits available with that wide open metal chamber.

It can be finicky for some, but others have no trouble. It's just an entirety breath powered on demand vape, with a few other variables, so it can depend greatly on the user and the herbs, but not necessarily!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Funny how our collections are looking more and more similar @Shit Snacks ;)
Good taste eh :)

Pure convection can't lose! :cool:Totally worth collecting them all damn the cost! ;):p

Yeah Firefly is known for being a taste maker (did you ever get to try one yet?) and true first hit off a bowl is spectacular, and GH too lets flavors shine it seems, but the Elevape's added cooling chamber really steps it up, plus its even more instant and on demand than those units, even more pure convection (though the amount of conduction in those units seems negligible imo) it is truly something special :drool::D:freak:

justcametomind

I'm trying to master my new ESV. Lots of burnt bowls.

I think to know a thing or 2 about vaporization, and I think:

Every time I get a burnt spot it involves the center of the bowl, right where the screw is. What if there's some conduction on that spot since it's a metal pole and gets hot cause of the vapor path?
For sure the thing has already been debated, but I'm reading the thread backwards and didn't find out this assumption still.

justcametomind,

Kaptan

I'm trying to master my new ESV. Lots of burnt bowls.

I think to know a thing or 2 about vaporization, and I think:

Every time I get a burnt spot it involves the center of the bowl, right where the screw is. What if there's some conduction on that spot since it's a metal pole and gets hot cause of the vapor path?
For sure the thing has already been debated, but I'm reading the thread backwards and didn't find out this assumption still.
Try the bottle cap method, which eliminates that screw. It does seem to act like a heat sink.

*plainlazy*

I havnt been around for a while, been testing my elevape :-), but i got it beginning of october and got an instant dead unit. i bought from vapefiend.
BUT both vapefiend and joe/ipuff made it right. It went off to ipuffs hungary depot and came back all repaired for free. Since i got it back ive been learning and tinkering this vape and its been really fun. Im so impressed with this vape when it hits right it really is amazing. Still havnt got it down perfect but thats the fun. end up really vaked at the end ha. Atm i still cant get good results at really low temps. Or with the stir lid attached. I started with really high temps and as i learnt the vape ive been bringing them down. Im running 340 360 380 atm with bottle cap screen in the lid. My coil, ive had to pull upwards higher to the screen rather than pointing towards the sensor as mentioned on this thread. Anyway its working for me and im happy. Im sure the issues with the stir lid and low temps will come. Cant wait for the app for the phone. Been thinking of potential updates, as theres a red yellow green led on the elevape, be handy if you could use those as battery indicators. Like move the temp selector from 1-3-1 quickly and it flashes a colour. Red for 25% yellow for 50% and green for 75%plus.

Anyway anyone thinking of getting one of these just do it they are very good. I picked this over the firefly and glad i did even after my initial setback.

justcametomind

Bottlecap method achieved, but I get a black spot in the middle of the bowl regardless. Whenever I find it I want to try with a flat screw covering the hole.
I try to manage temperature with setting (305) and breathing, but not much success.
I can be lucky on a bowl but towards the end is either stir or getting a black spot.
I also cleaned the lens. Completely covered by dust.
I'm wondering if I have to send it in for a checkup on the lens and have the coil close to it.
My coil is quite "floppy" and maybe it's because of that I get the brown spot.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

Harmoniousliving

Justcametomind try adjusting your coil. I read back a few pages a Hotspot can occur because the coil is heating unevenly.try adjusting the coil.

And is this is best number to reach joe at ?
888-686-5432?
I noticed ed on their page they HD that number then an asterisk and a few more digits. Not sure what's up with that

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Bottlecap method achieved, but I get a black spot in the middle of the bowl regardless. Whenever I find it I want to try with a flat screw covering the hole.
I try to manage temperature with setting (305) and breathing, but not much success.
I can be lucky on a bowl but towards the end is either stir or getting a black spot.
I'm wondering if I have to send it in for a checkup on the lens and have the coil close to it.
Please read back some pages. I posted Joe's advice regarding coil and angle several times. I think it's doable - you got the tool for that, don't need to send it in. Good luck!

ginolicious

Alright I decided this will be my next vape. Where is the lowest priced option available? Looking for great customer service as well

Contact Joe. Great man.

He read a post I made about buying his vaporizer. He then contacted me via PM asked me to email him to work something out. Still haven't gotten back to him. With working my ass off and Christmas time I get home late, vape a .1 and forget everything and fall asleep lol.

btka

bending the coil stopped the black spot

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/elevape-sv.13517/page-57#post-753989

justcametomind

THANKS!
My coil is also floppy/withered like, imagine if it "melted on itself" a bit. (lol)
So IDK if I'll be able to flatten it like on the pic.
Actually I'm screening all @vapen00b 's posts to see if there's a step by step or anything more detailed as it's the only coil I have, other than the only non stinky, palmable vape I have and family time approaching.

justcametomind,
Reactions: vapen00b

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Bend it, it will change everything and be quiet it's not so fragile, if you are anough gentle you haven't to be worry!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
THANKS!
My coil is also floppy/withered like, imagine if it "melted on itself" a bit. (lol)
So IDK if I'll be able to flatten it like on the pic.
Actually I'm screening all @vapen00b 's posts to see if there's a step by step or anything more detailed as it's the only coil I have, other than the only non stinky, palmable vape I have and family time approaching.

If you haven't found it, I got a sec and looked it up:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/elevape-sv.13517/page-104#post-885564

vapen00b,

justcametomind

I already read that, but without a pic from upside, I'm still clueless.
I have seen b0's pic from a side and modified my coil accordingly. Still difficult to judge, but I've been experimenting inclination, wideness of the coil with no great results. Mostly no vapor, sometimes I have to inhale strongly to make the light go red. Reading since page 79 then went back to 59 then 39. Will be a good read.
You can move the coil or make it wider, I suspect mine is on the "not wide enough" side, if I only knew that I could try.
Pic of my setup:
http://imgur.com/tL1j25l

http://imgur.com/rs81VHY

To isolate the issue I'm thinking to remove the bottlecap cause I have broken minivap bowls, tea infusers, vapbong screens but still can't get a perfect screen that covers all the side holes other than the top. And even on the better tries, I still get the black dot.

Still reading.
I will not give up I promise.

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: vapen00b

OyVape

Bend it, it will change everything and be quiet it's not so fragile, if you are anough gentle you haven't to be worry!

On the contrary, please be very careful playing with the coil. I inadvertently mis-aligned the coils, which caused it to fire haphazardly. Joe told me that each winding of the coil needs to remain equidistant from the next winding, if that makes sense.

He also said it is equally important that all the windings of the coil remain in the same plane, so to speak--all flat.

Personally, I found it a little difficult to make tiny adjustments without mucking up a perfectly good coil. But then again, my eyes and hands are a bit past their prime...Probably should have used some kind of mini tool.

Anyway, just saying.

justcametomind

On the contrary, please be very careful playing with the coil. I inadvertently mis-aligned the coils, which caused it to fire haphazardly. Joe told me that each winding of the coil needs to remain equidistant from the next winding, if that makes sense.

He also said it is equally important that all the windings of the coil remain in the same plane, so to speak--all flat.

Personally, I found it a little difficult to make tiny adjustments without mucking up a perfectly good coil. But then again, my eyes and hands are a bit past their prime...Probably should have used some kind of mini tool.

Anyway, just saying.
Exactly. My coil is just that misalignment mess you speak about. I'm lucky I didn't set up any fire already.

justcametomind,

btka

I already read that, but without a pic from upside, I'm still clueless.
I have seen b0's pic from a side and modified my coil accordingly. Still difficult to judge, but I've been experimenting inclination, wideness of the coil with no great results. Mostly no vapor, sometimes I have to inhale strongly to make the light go red. Reading since page 79 then went back to 59 then 39. Will be a good read.
You can move the coil or make it wider, I suspect mine is on the "not wide enough" side, if I only knew that I could try.
Pic of my setup:
http://imgur.com/tL1j25l

http://imgur.com/rs81VHY

To isolate the issue I'm thinking to remove the bottlecap cause I have broken minivap bowls, tea infusers, vapbong screens but still can't get a perfect screen that covers all the side holes other than the top. And even on the better tries, I still get the black dot.

Still reading.
I will not give up I promise.
my coil is like in your second pic. that is as far as i know the only thing you have to do...
I never heard people widining the coil, you have to take care that the windings of the coils stay seperate otherwise you will get a short circuit...
play with the temps and you should not get black spots
also you can take the lid of in front of a mirror and blow in the usb port (this will activate the coil) then you see where the coil glow as first. normally it is the part oo the coil which you bend down (as seen in you second picture)

btka,
Top Bottom