Discontinued Elevape SV

justcametomind

Every round of my coil wire is on a different plane, if that makes sense. They are not all flat And now the bowl gets only brown but doesn't release any vapor. I still have to put on the 2 long screws but I don't think the lack of vapor is due to the 2 holes.

justcametomind,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think the missing screws could dilute the vapor...when I bent my coil I can't get visible vapor at lower setting especially when unit is very clean.

Did you get vapor if you bump the temp?

First time with my unit was as difficult than your...I was really near to ask for a refund...I remenber I even called it " a e-pipe"...what my mistake, now it is my daily driver, it set near of my bed for sleeping trouble and sit on my desk for all the rest of the day for some daily tasty hits!

Hey everyone, I've heard of the elevape on these forums before and am just now looking into it. I own the solo, crafty, and hammer vaporizers. Does anyone have experience with any of these who can give me an honest opinion on how this vape compares? Also wondering what the battery life is like. Thanks.

joeblowssmoke,

con2010

Hey everyone, I've heard of the elevape on these forums before and am just now looking into it. I own the solo, crafty, and hammer vaporizers. Does anyone have experience with any of these who can give me an honest opinion on how this vape compares? Also wondering what the battery life is like. Thanks.
I have been using the elevape for about a month now. the best think about it you just put the herb in and inhale. very stealthy, its convection and taste good. first charge is 5 hrs. after that it charges fast you can watch it on the computer of phone. to me the crafty has better vol. of vap at this point and tasty, but it takes long to charge. I also have the solo vap which I retired and bought the air. it works the same as the solo but smaller and I like I can exchange the battery. taste is good, good clouds but not as good as the other 2. the elevape I was out and about and I wanted a quick puff I just take out of my pocket take a puff and put it back in my pocket. its a head of its time

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

It's more like the Hammer with the pure convection, but much quicker heating, fully instant. Plus its electronic, some form of temp control but very draw dependent, super cool tasty hits thanks to the on demand and vast metal cooling chamber. Battery life seems to be about 40 to 80 puffs depending on use?

Harmoniousliving

Battery life seems to be about 40 to 80 puffs depending on use? Varies
the only reason I chose the haze over this for right now. When I talked with Joe he said the battery is proprietary which is why he advises against using any other battery. I just wish they could find a way to make it user changeable. That's what I like about the haze you can simply pop another batt in when you need it.
And since I'm mainly a water user I bet that average would go down significantly.

Harmoniousliving,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
the only reason I chose the haze over this for right now. When I talked with Joe he said the battery is proprietary which is why he advises against using any other battery. I just wish they could find a way to make it user changeable. That's what I like about the haze you can simply pop another batt in when you need it.
And since I'm mainly a water user I bet that average would go down significantly.

Ahh what a twist! Your VAS has been taking me for a ride this past week! :lol:

Yeah I would hope that the new version will have swappable batteries, like Firefly but battery life much longer lasting here. Ofcourse since its usb you can charge it with a power pack on the go as some do here...

But yeah if you don't want it stealth out and about, this one doesn't make much sense for water use imo, not that I've used it that way, but have no need to. It's already so smooth and tasty and stealth, just not a water vape (though some have connected it with success?).

Enjoy the Haze, I tried v1 for a week once and it's got a lot of nice features but I wasn't thrilled with the design (and again, its a session conduction unit, thought you were stuck on pure convection girl?! :p)

Shit Snacks,

Harmoniousliving

Lol you Crack me up SS :lmao:

If I'm no mistaken it's a hybrid ?either way I tried the 2.5 and enjoyed it. Plus it looks like a great way to use concentrates. Sometimes you can never tell with VAS...one minute your purely convection the next your leaning towards conduction.. either way it's vapor so I'm good :)
Sorry to derail enjoy your EV everyone

famineinthemind

So far I can get wispy vapor, getting a little better. The hammer is the only vape that was literally choked me out due to the vapor density, and when I checked the herb it was gold. My friend pulled a very large rip(dense cloud) from the ESV, but only because I had a bit of wax in it. And after his hit the herb was black. They way he hit it was pulsing his draw. The coil is hottest after the light cuts. I gotta say the elevape is pretty inefficient at this point for me. And one bowl will take me down 25% battery life or so.

I wouldn't carry the ESV in my pocket because the mouthpiece will just fall out.

famineinthemind,
Reactions: tripwire

RelaxedNow

So far I can get wispy vapor, getting a little better. The hammer is the only vape that was literally choked me out due to the vapor density, and when I checked the herb it was gold. My friend pulled a very large rip(dense cloud) from the ESV, but only because I had a bit of wax in it. And after his hit the herb was black. They way he hit it was pulsing his draw. The coil is hottest after the light cuts. I gotta say the elevape is pretty inefficient at this point for me. And one bowl will take me down 25% battery life or so.

I wouldn't carry the ESV in my pocket because the mouthpiece will just fall out.

My early use of the ESV resulted in similar effects. It took a combination of tweaking the coil angle (less angle in my case), proper loading (full to silver ring, no packing), modifying temperatures (using at 325 currently, but considering lowering), drawing just enough to keep the light on, and maintaining the draw for about 2-3 seconds after the heater shuts off. I'm getting good vapor, very rarely approaching combustion (never, if I follow the above), and finishing 4-5 bowls (I think....I lose count when I'm stoned) per charge. Puffing will definitely result in charred ABV with my ESV. Drawing harder might help you also, as the increased airflow will cool the unit, at least until you make some adjustments.

I have no problem with the mouthpiece. Could it be that the o-ring is missing?

I'd love to get longer battery life, but I mostly use it at home, so it's not really a big issue for me. For those occasions when it's not enough, I just pull out another vaporizer. However, this is currently my most-used vaporizer. That said, I'll be thrilled if the next version has swappable batteries. That would definitely entice me to upgrade.

Good luck, @famineinthemind ! I'm certain you can get it working.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Merry christmas!

But I have an issue this morning with my ESV, during a session it start to blink, faster and for a shorter time than when it need charge...and when I connect it to my PC with the app nothing happen, it doesn't charge and even it is not recognized by the app....

Is it a dead coil?

Thanks

various127

But I have an issue this morning with my ESV, during a session it start to blink, faster and for a shorter time than when it need charge...and when I connect it to my PC with the app nothing happen, it doesn't charge and even it is not recognized by the app....

Is it a dead coil?

This happened to me recently. I replaced my coil the day prior from a shorter coil (since part of the legs snapped) and it was working. I wanted to get the back end of my coil to light up like the short one. I was blowing into the port for a while just to get a feel of the heat and watch how my coil was heating. After a while it suddenly stopped heating. The red light would still show when I blew into it, but no heat.

I connected to the usb port and disconnected to see if I could get heat. Nothing. Try again, but now it wouldn't connect or show a orange charge light to an outlet or computer. I could still get the red draw light though. I tried tightening the bolts and prongs, still didn't work. I didn't want to mess with it anymore and possibly void warranty so I contacted Joe. I put on a new coil while on the phone, still didn't heat or charge. So he sent an RMA form.

He gives me a call and tells me it's working fine, charging/connecting and producing heat. I sent it to him without a coil. Maybe I should've tried a third coil, but I doubt I would get two coils that don't work in a pack of four. Also one of them was working.

So all I got is maybe another coil, perhaps shake it around in a box for a little? haha

Getting some nice results now though at 320f and 350f.

Last edited:
various127,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
sorry i didn't saw your post...i was cleaning my ESV after the issue...but after that it was totally dead (no light at all while inhale) but the app workked when I plugged it again.....it is charging, it was only a flat battery...although it never got any issue, even flat, to be connected to the app....

Luckily everything is back on the job for the better (actually with family this is the most used vape!)

justcametomind

My last update is a modified bottom cover with no screw and cut screen (forgot how you all call it, lol). I am scorching all of my loads so I had the highdea of wetting such screen, on the center where I always get the black spot. Worked wonderfully for at least 3 hits.
At this time I'd always get the burnt taste, not this time, lol.
Next I'll try to get some coils and learn how to change them.
I read it can also be a good concentrates vape with a liquid pad on.
If it's true it will be my choice for portable oils for the moment. Way better than pens since they all seems to work better with a dab per time. It was a mess on the Crafty, hope it's not the same here but at least this bowl can be washed and ISO soaked, try do that with any other electronic vaporizer.
Few more hits after writing this post, imagined wet was gone but it's not, lol.
When it works ESV hits like a portable Evo.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My last update is a modified bottom cover with no screw and cut screen (forgot how you all call it, lol). I am scorching all of my loads so I had the highdea of wetting such screen, on the center where I always get the black spot. Worked wonderfully for at least 3 hits.
At this time I'd always get the burnt taste, not this time, lol.
Next I'll try to get some coils and learn how to change them.
I read it can also be a good concentrates vape with a liquid pad on.
If it's true it will be my choice for portable oils for the moment. Way better than pens since they all seems to work better with a dab per time. It was a mess on the Crafty, hope it's not the same here but at least this bowl can be washed and ISO soaked, try do that with any other electronic vaporizer.
Few more hits after writing this post, imagined wet was gone but it's not, lol.
When it works ESV hits like a portable Evo.
What are your t° settings now?

justcametomind

6, 8, 12. Something like that. But my coil is not flat so it doesn't work properly. Every round of the coil points to a slightly different direction. With the end result that only the center of the load is warmed.

justcametomind,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I use 1, 3, 12... but stay stucked with the 2 first wettings most of the time!

My coil is not totally flat as well but maybe not like your....I expect a new coil will resolve all your issues!

PPN,

btka

6, 8, 12. Something like that. But my coil is not flat so it doesn't work properly. Every round of the coil points to a slightly different direction. With the end result that only the center of the load is warmed.
look you have to lower the coil where the black spot appears so there is less heat that is one thing the other was using bottle cap (what you did I think) -> take that screw and screen away and repalce it with another screen without screw... also you can try to add different screens above the heating coil for example fine coarse fine or so ask @Vape Dr. but you will need a special tool too remove and change the screens over the coil but there are also diy posibilities to make this tool I think...
It is funny I also eperienced this black spot at the begining after some modifications and maybe change of draw technic I never again had this black spots in my bowl... maybe also try at the end of your draw to draw faster (I have heard then the coil is hottest)
but do not give up this black spot problem should stop... also play arround with the temps maybe begin with the lowest setting and alter it until you get the vapor you like....
good luck...

I have been using the elevape for about a month now. the best think about it you just put the herb in and inhale. very stealthy, its convection and taste good. first charge is 5 hrs. after that it charges fast you can watch it on the computer of phone. to me the crafty has better vol. of vap at this point and tasty, but it takes long to charge. I also have the solo vap which I retired and bought the air. it works the same as the solo but smaller and I like I can exchange the battery. taste is good, good clouds but not as good as the other 2. the elevape I was out and about and I wanted a quick puff I just take out of my pocket take a puff and put it back in my pocket. its a head of its time

I love my solo, but have slowly used it less. I like how it heats my bud more than the crafty. Thanks for the info.

It's more like the Hammer with the pure convection, but much quicker heating, fully instant. Plus its electronic, some form of temp control but very draw dependent, super cool tasty hits thanks to the on demand and vast metal cooling chamber. Battery life seems to be about 40 to 80 puffs depending on use?

Cool. Appreciate the input. I still am only successful with my hammer half of the time when using flower and mostly use it for bho as a result.

I like seeing the problems as well as the good. How long have you been using the vape? Just curious what is inefficient about it. For instance, when I use flower with my hammer I tend to waste a little because I overload it and also combust small pieces of bud quite frequently. So just wondering what it is you don't like. Thanks.

famineinthemind

My o ring is just too thin perhaps.

How long have you been using the vape? Just curious what is inefficient about it. For instance, when I use flower with my hammer I tend to waste a little because I overload it and also combust small pieces of bud quite frequently. So just wondering what it is you don't like. Thanks.

For about a month. A bowl in the ESV is probably 3 with the hammer stem (maybe two if you over pack). If I use a pinch there's no vapor, it just browns the herb. And if I pack the hammer once and hit it like 2-3 times, that's already more vapor produced than my ESV. And the effect is stronger. I'm just going through twice the amount of herb to get me elevape tuned in. I like the vape and want to keep using it, it's just a little inconsistent and inefficient at this point.

Like everyone else I guess I just need to tweak it till it's hitting like a desktop.

Last edited:

Al..

My o ring is just too thin perhaps.

For about a month. A bowl in the ESV is probably 3 with the hammer stem (maybe two if you over pack). If I use a pinch there's no vapor, it just browns the herb. And if I pack the hammer once and hit it like 2-3 times, that's already more vapor produced than my ESV. And the effect is stronger. I'm just going through twice the amount of herb to get me elevape tuned in. I like the vape and want to keep using it, it's just a little inconsistent and inefficient at this point.

Like everyone else I guess I just need to tweak it till it's hitting like a desktop.
Last week my ESV was like a desktop loads of vapor this week not so good i'm sure it has a mind of its own. :)

Top Bottom