Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Oh that would be quite a task, the dugout itself would be really large at 5", it be like holding a short cutoff of a 2x6. Not sure but the thing may be so big it'd almost be awkward to use and store, it would damn sure be bigger than the solo itself.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Got it. I'm pretty sensitive to high heat vapor, so I'll probably just stick to a longer one. I really like the functionality of the dugout, though. Did you get anywhere with that plastic cap several pages back? We need to come up with some sort of a cap, as I fund it crucial with my stock glass stems.

stickstones,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I didnt get anywhere with the plastic cap but have a couple folks making me a hemp sock like thing to slide over the SS so the user doesnt get burned. Hope to have those available soon.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Nah they are smaller than I need, I tried many different companies to get the right caps but all would have to make special tooling and would have to charge me $1000's to make it happen. I think you will dig the hemp idea for sure.

Ed's TnT,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The hemp sack would be nice to protect against burns, but a cap allows us to preload a stem and go out and about with it. How about a small wooden cap made from the same piece of wood that tightly slides over the SS tip? That would be the shit, if it's feasible. The rubber cap works great for the stock stems, but that was just dumb luck. Something like this could be the next level. I'm not sure how the differing temps of the SS tip would effect the fit, though.

stickstones,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
The SS is turned to a little over 1/2" am not sure I can even get a bit close enough in diameter to fit snugly. The silicone would have been great but they its impossible for me to get that done.

The stem could be loaded and then an additional screen could be put over the load, then you could slide it inside the hemp for carrying. I know some guys here use the two screen method to vape with the wood stems.

Ed's TnT,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also use the 2 screen method to keep my Solo bowl clean, and tasting good. I sucessfully put the "MFLB" caps on the end of my wood stems, I just don't push them on all the way, about half way in, and they stay put, keeping my screen/load from falling out. Works for me anyway...

jambandphan03,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nah they are smaller than I need, I tried many different companies to get the right caps but all would have to make special tooling and would have to charge me $1000's to make it happen. I think you will dig the hemp idea for sure.
The MFLB caps can be stretched out.... (if I am not missing the point here)
I have been using MFLB Battery caps since day one for my Ed's Solo stems
Photoon2012-07-07at1213.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks guys...that's the final nail in the coffin for me. I'll be placing an order shortly. Yoda strikes again!

Ed...you want a call or a pm?

stickstones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ed,
Although I raised my hand when you asked if anyone was interested in the solo dugout, do I need to place an official pre-order with you to make it official? I don't want to miss out when you have them made and up for sale. Let me know.

:peace:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks guys...that's themselves final nail in the coffin for me. I'll be placing an order shortly. Yoda strikes again!

Ed...you want a call or a pm?

By all means what ever you feel is best sticks, my # 1-877-564-5058

Stu give me a shout also and we will go from there.

Vito is the man, i took them for granted, nice work!

By the way if you dont get me the first time at the # i am all over the shop or who knows where pls leave a msg or even better after the msg call back in 5 minutes!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Stu, will be ordering the last pieces of tooling needed to make the solo dugouts tomorrow. Hope to have your piece done soon. As I said I have some amazing two tone granadillo with birds eye figure and wild grain patterns, this stuff finishes so nice with a glossy sleek shine! You being the first will guarantee you the best of the bunch. Am anxious to try something new and these will be fun to make!

Madmark, I do use Paypal. Pls email me ed@edstnt.com or PM me here and we will go from there!

Am so jealous JBP, blackberry kush sounds so exciting, best I can do around here is some ok mid grade if that, most of the time its just swag that they wanna charge to much for. The good stuff is hard to find in rural MS.

Ed's TnT,
Got it. I'm pretty sensitive to high heat vapor, so I'll probably just stick to a longer one. I really like the functionality of the dugout, though. Did you get anywhere with that plastic cap several pages back? We need to come up with some sort of a cap, as I fund it crucial with my stock glass stems.
I found some caps. They work great and handle the heat so you can cap after the bowl as well. I use them with both of Ed's stems(well I lost one so I got another on the way :) )

Its the cap that's on the bent stem in the bag with the solo
79b2dd81.jpg

VapeNStone,
Stu, will be ordering the last pieces of tooling needed to make the solo dugouts tomorrow. Hope to have your piece done soon. As I said I have some amazing two tone granadillo with birds eye figure and wild grain patterns, this stuff finishes so nice with a glossy sleek shine! You being the first will guarantee you the best of the bunch. Am anxious to try something new and these will be fun to make!

Madmark, I do use Paypal. Pls email me ed@edstnt.com or PM me here and we will go from there!

Am so jealous JBP, blackberry kush sounds so exciting, best I can do around here is some ok mid grade if that, most of the time its just swag that they wanna charge to much for. The good stuff is hard to find in rural MS.
Oh and I hope you didn't forget about me Ed. :) You know I want a dugout! Actually I think I might have been one of the first to suggest it ;)

VapeNStone,
Hey ed, I've been scoping your thread for a while now. I love all the wood work around here. I work as a tradesman, and really respect others that work with their hands with a close attention to detail. There is a certain feeling of self accomplishment, that I(i don't speak for everyone)don't think I could get typing behind a computer. Keep it up!
I am very interested in the solo dugout! Probably one of the spendier woods, but even the granadillo looks sweet. Do you know what the final size will be of the solo Dug-outs? The mothet in-law could probably use a standard dug out also.
BTW, is it me, or do these "wooded" threads have a little extra heightened sense of community... I like it. I tend to come here or the CRZ thread to lurk when I'm bumming on society.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
BTW, is it me, or do these "wooded" threads have a little extra heightened sense of community... I like it. I tend to come here or the CRZ thread to lurk when I'm bumming on society.
I've always felt this way. It's an interesting thing, isn't it? Sort of a sense of family that you don't get with some of the other types of vapes.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hey ed, I've been scoping your thread for a while now. I love all the wood work around here. I work as a tradesman, and really respect others that work with their hands with a close attention to detail. There is a certain feeling of self accomplishment, that I(i don't speak for everyone)don't think I could get typing behind a computer. Keep it up!
I am very interested in the solo dugout! Probably one of the spendier woods, but even the granadillo looks sweet. Do you know what the final size will be of the solo Dug-outs? The mothet in-law could probably use a standard dug out also.

I feel you HAL, I do so appreciate when I do something with wood, its always a great feeling to know that someone else will find joy with something I made with my own tow hands. I am very blessed to be able to do what I do and to know the good folks out there and here so that appreciate all the hard work that goes into each piece. I am getting closer to making the solo dugouts and have the final tooling that I needed on the way, should be here by the end of the week, then just find time to make it happen. PLs hang in there with me, I wanna get these out!

Mom Said : I've always felt this way. It's an interesting thing, isn't it? Sort of a sense of family that you don't get with some of the other types of vapes.

You hit the nail right on the head MOM, I have come a long way here since I started with FC and have been fortunate to grow with you all and have come to call alot of you all here my family! Thanks for being a part of it!

Top Bottom