Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning and thanks for checking out the SOLO Dugouts! I enjoyed making them and look forward to making some from the exotics I have soon. How many of you all would be interested in picking on of these up? DO you all think they would work for ya? AM curious to really hear you alls feelings on whether or not these would be practical? One thing is gonna be price, these may be spendy, you gotta know that these would come with the Shorty Solo stem, it takes just as much work to make a short than a long, only difference is 1" of wood. Same work and metal goes into it. The bore hole is rather large at a 5/8" on both sides. There is gonna be twice as much wood going into it than the standard 4" dugouts I make. The damn thing will last a lifetime and should never ever give you any problems. Just wanna make sure that if I tackle em, will it all be worth the work in the end.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
can we get a ball park on the pricing for the solo dugout? I would like to get one too, but might need to wait a week or two... depending on actual pricing.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am sending out a couple Solo stems with PTFE tape as a shim and wanted to try out how it works. I use PTFE solid rod stock as an adapter for the EV2, I turn down a solid piece to fit like a gong taper, it is bored out and fits all the CRZ tubes I make. It can handle temps up 500 degrees with no issues. Its tough stuff and found that it was made in tape. 2-3 of my Solo stems will have it as a shim like the paper method up on the top shaft of the wood pressed into the SS away from the air pathway. I am wanting to try this method, so if anyone gets one with a minute part of white tape showing between the SS and the wood that is what it is PTFE tape.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

beach bum

Nice to see all the new stuff, Ed. That Bog Oak looks awesome!!! Alas, no Solo here. Any chance you'll be spinning some tubes with that?

beach bum,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Nice to see all the new stuff, Ed. That Bog Oak looks awesome!!! Alas, no Solo here. Any chance you'll be spinning some tubes with that?

Good morning Bum, I hadnt thought of doing any CRZ tubes with it but could I suppose. I think that would best be custom work kinda thing if you're interested?

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Oh everyone that ordered Solo Stems and such here will have to wait for me to get shipping out first thing Tuesday morning. I got the new Stamps.com software and Mrs. Ed does that for me. I didnt have the time to learn it and have been so busy not to have time to try and learn it. She is on the Mississippi Gulf Coast until tomorrow morning doing Bday stuff with her family and my boys. I may be able to get them out Monday afternoon but Tuesday at the latest. I hope you all understand!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom