Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

itchmesir

Hey Ed! I saw you make dugouts... Here is a tiny suggestion... check out this dugout I have.. personally I have only ever seen 1 other like it.. Its an amazing idea and it turn heads whenever I show people it..

DSCF0158.jpg

I'll explain... the hitter has a spring below it which locks the top lid in place as it has a hole drilled on the underside so that the hitter springs up into it so the top does not slide back and forth.. pulling down the exposed side of the hitter allows for the lid to slide and remove the hitter... the wood that holds the hitter slides up to reveal a compartment that holds a brass bowl that attaches to the end of the hitter..

I think it would be amazing if one could make a vaporizer style bowl that could fit in the hidden compartment instead so you could do hitters or vape

itchmesir,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nice box! It looks like it would be pretty easy to fit a metal Vapo Bowl to that metal pipe Itchmesir, it may even fit in the compartment as well. Not sure if it would be nice to use that way but still.

OhTheAgony,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, that an awful sweet pic a page back Vito, I didnt know you had so many LB's, really dig how those stems just work really well for each device, I am really liking the purpleheart. I just did a bunch of em, some have the brightest thick curl I have seen in that specie. Thanks for posting that pic. Shorties will be coming soon, may be able to get them to the photographer next week, have so much to do and so many pieces that need to be shot, just like to get a lot of it done at once.

Itch, that is quite a nice box you have there, very stealthy for what all you can do with it. I have never seen such an instrument, there is alota work that goes into that piece for sure. Thanks for posting that also.

Hope all is well out there, been at it in the shop the last coupla days as usual, made alot happen but not nearly as much as I would have liked. There is always so much that needs to be done. I should have the sleeves available next week for my tubes to fit the new size of the RZ. Wow I got the natural log RZ and am really happy with its performance, Ricks got a great thing going with those, been using my wooden tubes with a sleeve around the end just to make sure all is good with my brass. The thing hits like a champ and makes some serious vapor cocktails for my enjoyment!!!

Ed's TnT,

itchmesir

Do you do anything custom? If i gave you the dimensions of the bowl piece.. do you think it would be possible to make a custom vapebowl for that hitter?

itchmesir,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
itchmesir said:
Do you do anything custom? If i gave you the dimensions of the bowl piece.. do you think it would be possible to make a custom vapebowl for that hitter?

Send me an email and lets talk about it!

Ed's TnT,

Dberm

Vitolo said:
.... Thanks from the heart---> The PurpleHeart that is!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/123.jpg
Seen with the PurpleHeart Wooden stem, is Koa, Maple, and a Walnut Short guy.

Couldnt let this picture die that fast! Those are some beautiful lb's Vit! The purpleheart looks great especially contrasting with the other colors.

Maybe if I find some cash I can get one of the burl stems... Does anyone have any non-studio pictures of those?

Dberm,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Dberm said:
Vitolo said:
.... Thanks from the heart---> The PurpleHeart that is!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/123.jpg
Seen with the PurpleHeart Wooden stem, is Koa, Maple, and a Walnut Short guy.

Couldnt let this picture die that fast! Those are some beautiful lb's Vit! The purpleheart looks great especially contrasting with the other colors.

Maybe if I find some cash I can get one of the burl stems... Does anyone have any non-studio pictures of those?

I know some of you guys have some great burl stems, get some pics up there!

Ed's TnT,

DevRev

Whew, thought this topic was gone for a bit.

Anyway, it took me awhile to get back into the game so I hadn't had a time to properly break in my stems.

I have now and there is no turning back. I'm getting purer hits than ever, and both stems have their quirks.

The bloodwood adds a moisture to the hit, leaving it tasty on the lips. It's very smooth and I look forward to adding another darkwood.

The Mahoe seems to be a good compliment, as it has an ashy texture that is passed along to the smoke (lol vapor I mean.) It actually makes it 'smokey' though in a good way, not as moist as the bloodwood but satisfying in it's own way.

Get an extra set of tips to rotate out and you're set.

I can't wait to add two more tubes. And then two more...

edit: and a couple of stems for the MFLB, natch

edit2: Ed's TnT, making your favorite vapes better

DevRev,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
DevRev said:
Whew, thought this topic was gone for a bit.

Anyway, it took me awhile to get back into the game so I hadn't had a time to properly break in my stems.

I have now and there is no turning back. I'm getting purer hits than ever, and both stems have their quirks.

The bloodwood adds a moisture to the hit, leaving it tasty on the lips. It's very smooth and I look forward to adding another darkwood.

The Mahoe seems to be a good compliment, as it has an ashy texture that is passed along to the smoke (lol vapor I mean.) It actually makes it 'smokey' though in a good way, not as moist as the bloodwood but satisfying in it's own way.

Get an extra set of tips to rotate out and you're set.

I can't wait to add two more tubes. And then two more...

edit: and a couple of stems for the MFLB, natch

edit2: Ed's TnT, making your favorite vapes better

Hello and good morning Dev, glad to see you made it back here with your findings!! Am just not sure I follow you on your experience with the bloodwood, I am not sure how it would add a moisture, all my woods are as dry as possible, I have found that bloodwood being a really dense specie seems to crisp the vapor IMO like the blackwood or the cocobolo, havent noticed a moisture content though. I do think that the Mahoe being a softer wood does add a softer side to the hit, not nearly as distinct as the blood, seems to be smoother. Does anyone else share these feelings??? Hey none the less really glad you are digging them. Do think that you will also really enjoy a couple LB Stems also, the wood really does alot for the hit, very pleasing.

Hope all is well out there!!!

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I sure do!
I find that the myrtle, gives a soft... almost "fluffy" hit.
The Bloodwood a sharp one.
I find the amboyna to be an interesting combination of both!
I am warming up to the ebony (streaked) Vapor tubes.
Your description of the dark and creamy tones is a good one.. and I have a feeling this will be next!

Vitolo,

DevRev

It might be the feel of the tube itself on my lips, it's hard to explain but it isn't a bad thing.

I'm going to have to try a myrtle next, thanks for the heads up Vitolo!

DevRev,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello everyone, hope all is well out there. I have made 5/16" brass sleeves to slide over the inserts of my tubes so that they could be used with the the RZ, I saw where Rick had done this and thought it would be a good idea for me to do it as well, so from now on anyone that purchases an Eds TnT Wooden Vapor Tube will get a sleeve to go along with it. I will also be making these available in three packs also for anyone that wants to make sure they will have more than one. The nifty little sleeves ad almost an 1/8" to the length and will give you more room for packing bigger load. I was hoping to have those up today but never enough time, hope to tomorrow. Also gonna make the 1 1/4" Purpleheart shorty LB stems available when I get time to get everything done. Vito had made mention of them in the past, just got pics of em yesterday so will need to edit those in order to load. I will let you all know when they are up and ready for sale.

DevRev, it may just be the feel, if you try others am sure you will different results per specie.

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Good timing, and good idea.
Such a variety of woods, and now the tips allow the stems to go with both new and old Zaps.
I would never want to forget the collectors of our original cylindrical buddys!
I gave one of my 2 Myrtle stems to the patient who got the 1st actual card in this state as a gift, when he bought his new RockZap... This made me feel great and made him very happy :D but at the same time, it leaves a post vacant in my display :(
I just ordered the Streaked Ebony, as I think this will make the contrast perfect. I will post a picture when it arrives. :)

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ed, this is a great idea. We collectors have to stay current! ;)

Ah Vito, you've got me going to Ed's site and looking around again..... streaked ebony sounds very nice!

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I already ordered.. so I feel safe discussing this around you, mom!
Yes.. I feel that the streaked ebony, on it's lack of pattern symmetry would be a perfect piece, in the center of my array....... Sort of dissymmetry within symmetry causing a natural harmonic balance (a new symmetry)
The FC discount didn't hurt one bit! :cool:

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Alright in the pic below you can see my badass RZ first with the bark, an African Blackwood Tube and there to the right is an insert with a 5/16" brass sleeve/adapter, its a 1/2" in length, couple others standing to the right also. I havent gotten anything loaded to my shopping cart or site yet but wanted to get these up for show. Will post at my web and SC soon.

RZ-Tube-Insert-Sleeves.jpg

Below you will see these new Purpleheart Shorty LB Stems at 1 1/4" in length. Vito has used one for a time or two and digged its stealthiness. I also have not loaded these anywhere else but will do shortly.

ShortyPurpleLBStemsandLB.jpg

Pls ask for more info until I post further.

Ed's TnT,
Damn ed, that is one bad ass rock zap.... I aint gotta rock zap yet but I plan on havin one soon, hell its been hard to resist not buying one lately cause they all look so damn good.. Ed, that blackwood stem is the shit, glad to see you offer a solution for rock zap owners... I knew you would sooner or later cause your a go-getter.... tell me, how good do those shorty stems work, I thank I need a nee accessory for mgflb :lol:

PanicFreak,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
YEEEEEEEEEEE how bout it Freak, I been missing you bro, I know I seen an order from ya a few weeks back but hadnt seen much outa ya round here, its good to see you on!!! I think you will like the shorty's, vapor will be a little warmer but not drastically. Blackwood is still my favorite after some time, I really like its finish and feel, the vapor from it is very distinct and rich, am sure you would like it! Hey still good to see you, shoot me an email bro need to holla at you!!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Oh yes I have quite a few of those in stock Mom, just finished buffing Vito's to a shine and prepping it for shipment. Those pieces feel like ivory in my hands, very sleek and lustrous!

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Damn.... Purpleheart shorties!!
I used Walnut-
I have a long PurpleHeart... I may just have to...... :uhoh:

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Couldn't let you have all the fun Vito. I had to order one of the ebony too. It's been at least a week since I've indulged my accessory addiction. :lol:

momofthegoons,

beach bum

Mom/Vito - Oh crap, you two...Now you've got the rest of us drooling again! It's not bad enough that Ed posts beautiful pix, but now ya'll have to talk about 'em and tempt the rest of us. Not all of us have great will-power, ya know? ;)

Might need to go check out some streaked ebony, from the sound of it...

beach bum,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Vito, you really gotta like the way that little shorty pokes out of the LB, the color and contrast of the two is the shit! Do people even know I have these things besides you all here at FC? I know there is a big world out there just full of LB's right? Seems like a great accessory to any LB.

Mom, I think you too will also be very happy with that piece, good choice!

Its hell aint it Bum, Mom and Vito gotta go popping off here and there, dont sweat it, I can get you fixed up also, have quite a few of those spun.

As I said earlier all new sales of tubes will be coming with a tube sleeve/adapter to fit the new RZ's.

Aslo made a couple new fragrances of BOMB ASS BUTTER, Southern Magnolia and Natural Hawaiian Beeswax, hope you all will check those out as well.

Just got a whole lota of pics back from the photographer, tokes, dugouts, bats and all, will be doing alot of editing and uploading to my web withing the coming days, will even post some of the best here and in the dugouts thread. My guy does a hella job, I love his work!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom