Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

beach bum

Ed - Maybe a dumb question...but we gotta know: Does your Natural Hawaiian Beeswax have any scent? We love the BABs!

beach bum,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
beach bum said:
Ed - Maybe a dumb question...but we gotta know: Does your Natural Hawaiian Beeswax have any scent? We love the BABs!

IMO I find it has a pleasing, its has a natural honey fragrance almost sweet at times, I use it when I do anything for Blisssville or Magic Flight, they dont like the peach I use on all my other work.

Ed's TnT,

beach bum

Sounds nice! We'll have to pick some up on our next order...we've tried all the other scents, so will need to add the magnolia and natural to our line up. :brow:

beach bum,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I don't like the way the shorty pokes out. :(

I LOVE IT! :lol:
I own one shorty... walnut.. and I am very proud of it.
You have a good memory Ed!
You recall that the wood shorty is used for my most stealth hits, and for my MFLB Stealth Youtube video (MFLB Stealth it was my secret tool!
I can hardly wait to get more!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Here is some new Mahoe Tubes I just got shot!
MahoeTubes1b.jpg

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The PurpleHeart shorty is stunning up on the sight Ed!
The MFLB stems in your exotic woods rock the house....
There is something so special about having something so intricate... and beautiful, in such a small size... that makes it even more desirable, and priceless!
Keep it up!!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
DSC00427.jpg

Oh, it was fate that my dear friend Ozric came to get a Zap. He is so cool that I gave him my very first original Ed's TNT Stem (Myrtle).
That Myrtle stem has a dark streak, and I planned on adding a 6th stem after Oz got his gift.
Sit back, because I am about to show off wha I think is beautiful!
By the way Ed... I liked the way my Streaked Ebony Vapor Tubes came "pre installed" this time, with that great extra... the sleeve to fit the RockZaps.. also pre installed.
Very thoughtful touch! :D
DSC00428.jpg

Now that you saw the glamour shot.. I will let you see them in their bowl, as they sit day to day...
DSC00431.jpg

The new Ebony Tube is way too new looking at the tip... I better get busy! :lol:

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vito, what kind of wood is the one to the right of your new streaked ebony? The one with the "blobs" of grain? It is just beautiful!

After a snafu with my credit card, I've finally got my new vapor tube ordered. Can't wait to see it. :D

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Amoyna is the one to the right, in the wooden dish

above...
blackwood, Amboyna, Cocabolo, Myrtle, Bloodwood and Ebony

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hellova collection you have there Vito, the blackwood and amboyna are my favorites!! Thanks for posting those pics!

Hope all is well out there, you gotta love that two tone amboyna Mom, its the shit!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Sigh...... that is one good looking stem Vito! I have an Amboyna stem, but your's is really something special!

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning all, Mom, have your tube all buffed and ready to this morning, I like that part the most of all, when I have it all ready to go and I run it over the buffer and slick it out before it leaves, try not to even leave any of my finger prints on it, I want it to be pristine! Also this piece is coming to ya with the CRZ sleeve adapter already in place, I will be sending these out like this every time a purchase is made from here on out. I hope you like the way its packaged.

Ed's TnT,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Does anyone have suggestions for how to clean out the wooden LB tubes please?

I noticed yesterday that inside both of mine there is a build-up of what seems a bit like the wand-hash you get in a SSV wand. I ran the fluffy cleaner stick that Ed sends with his tubes through it - but that turned out to be a rather silly idea on my part as obviously the stuff in the tube was very sticky. So now my Cocobolo tube is filled with lots of little white bits of fluff as well as bits of sticky build-up.

I've used my SSV stirrer to scrape out what I can and then ran tap-water through the tube but it's still not really clean.

wilf789,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Try putting a bit of ISO on that qtip and running it through. You don't, however, want to saturate the wood with any liquid of any kind.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
Try putting a bit of ISO on that qtip and running it through. You don't, however, want to saturate the wood with any liquid of any kind.

I was gonna say the exact same thing Mom, you are always spot on with your timing and advice, thank you so much!

Been a while Wilf, hope all has been well, I would never submerge nor saturate any of these wooden stems. Soaking a pipe cleaner in ISO and pushing through the stem should do it for ya, should loosen any residue and not leave any fibers, but if it does do so, just blow through it a few times and repeat this process as often as needed.

Anyone else have any methods for this issue???

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use the very thin pipe cleaner "Dills" as less fibers can loosen.
I use rum.
I dip the pipe cleaner in the rum all the way
I then squeeze it out on a paper towel till almost dry.
I stick it in the LB stem, and go back and forth a few times with a bit of friction, and then I suck repeatedly at one end to dry... or if lazy I hold firmly at the mouth of Mr. ShopVac.. to evap moisture.
You will be leaving a very fine, very thin film in the LB stems.
That is fine. The film is the inner seal of your stem, and it will protect the wood from the inside out!
I do not use the same higher % alcohol I use to clean Poly or Nylon stems..
I do not even use Everclear on the MFLB stems, due to the thinness of them.
I use regular proof rum, so it will clean up, but not render the inner wood totally void of all oils (including natures own!)
remember to squeeze out excees rum!

Vitolo,

djonkoman

with my VG(wich is wood too) I use the 'rough' kind of pipecleaners, those don't leave the fluff behind like the 'soft' ones and have metal bristles sticking out so more effective i scraping off the wandhash

I never tried using alcohol, didn't want to risk it with wood
I do dip them in alcohol if I'm cleaning my stone combustion pipe

djonkoman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Agreed.. when the stem has gotten to sticky for "Dills".. I do the above procedure with Bryco Ream N Klean Pipe Cleaners first to avoid the fluff as does djonkoman

Vitolo,
Top Bottom