ecapple iV-1

livewithkindness123

I am still loving this vape . Working awesome getting used to the draw so no more coughing . I am so happy I got this at such a great price . My son in law came by last night and he has to get himself one now .

livewithkindness123,

livewithkindness123

The the companies really do watch the forum for feed back . I told them about the trouble someone had with 2 units and here is their reply . Another reason to be careful where you buy from.
We just find a URL about the iV-1 on Fuck Combustion. And I also contacted the manufacture, they replied me that they will deal with that. From the discussion, I would like to tell you that our company's warranty of iV-1 is 9 months. If there is any defectiveness caused by the quality problem, pls feel free to tell us and I will send you a new one.
Well, as I mentioned in the mail, the manufacture of iV-1 only sells the product in China and all the suppliers of the iV-1 are trading companys. So I am sorry that we couldn't ensure that the service of other suppliers. The only thing we can do is to keep our promise.
Have a nice day!:)
Vicky
I feel this this company is awesome to deal with and one of the best I have .

livewithkindness123

Here's some other pics to show the size
IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

livewithkindness123,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Just used my iv-1 for a week and it did an ok job.

The temp readout only shows the climb to the set temp. Once at the temp it no longer gives a live update. So if I put the vape in stand-by mode and then back into vape mode it wlll show the current temp, this is the only way to see what is really going on. After a long hit I can see temp drops as high as 150F. It takes about 10-20 seconds after a hit for the vape to recover.

Flavor is very nice since you draw inches from the herb. The downside that the hits are thin and it take a decent amount of herb to get it going. Don't get me wrong, I got ripped using it.

I think if they showed the real-time temp the whole time and added a beefier heater it would be better.

kfgx

Is it made out of plastic?

I had this old butane vape that broke and I started looking for some new tech. Weighing all options.

What heats it? Where did you guys pick this thing up and for how much? I wonder if my local shop has this thing

kfgx,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@kfgx It is metal on the outside. The heater is a ceramic bowl. You can get it from alibaba. Find a seller that sells one "sample" vape. Pay with paypal and 6 days later you'll be vaping.

I doubt a local show has one. Besides you want to make sure you get the re-designed mouthpiece.

jojo monkey,
Reactions: tripwire

MadDawg

Hi guys and girls,

Just got the ecapple on my hands, the iv-1 version. Seems really good so far! if anyone has any question, let me know!
Hey @rubixcub3 how is your experience with the iv-1? Have you used it much since you got it? I'm really considering getting one. Thanks a lot.

MadDawg,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Let us all know how you like it .
So far it's pretty good. I like that you can set you temp, the taste and the time. You can set the taste to slow, medium and fast (for all you people who need clouds, you'll want fast). It feels good in the hand (not real big but not small). It is well built and very sturdy. The mouth piece is glass but it screws in the top of the chamber like the Flowermate. Not real sure with the battery life yet as I only had it 1 day. I dig the water piece that came with it. It doesn't stand out (looks like alot of e-liquid vapes) and could be easily used in public. I will test that theory out today through the weekend. So far I do like this thing.

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
I recently received the ecapple iV-1 this past friday (the second) and used it throughout the weekend and have been very impressed by it. I have put just about an eight through it and its been firing great. I am hoping that it will still be able to deliver such great results in lets say 6mo to a 1yr

livewithkindness123

Yea I still love the iv-1 and I have had mine some time . I ordered an extra mouth piece a battery and 2 extra water tools . The first mouth piece was was a little bigger and I broke the water tool. The new mouth piece and new water tools are so much better they fit better together not as tight as the first ones so I don't see breaking it like I did the first one . I haven't used it since I got a new vaporizer from JNB as a test piece. But this week it will be back in the rotatio

livewithkindness123,

MadDawg

I received my iv-1 today and had one session with it. I really like the look and feel of it. The draw resistance is amazing to me for such a small unit. As @jojo monkey stated though, the temperature readings are a little difficult to manage because it seems like mine would go into standby mode and I didn't know it. I will have to learn how to manage that part better. The Bubler is awesome and doesn't spill at all. For my one session it didn't produce thick clouds but as i increased the temperature the clouds would increase but not by a lot. I will continue to use it and see if it gets better.

Now as was also mentioned earlier... Even though this is the iv-1 i thread also have the vs3 from China and let me tell you... This little thing is a beast!! This is literally a cloud machine!! The size for this is perfect for portable in your pocket vaping with steller performance. Yes it feels a little cheap. Yes the plastic used feels like a toy but after using this for a week I like this thing more and more. It produces crazy clouds on the middle and highest setting ( it only has 3). Since it has a window where you can see the herb while using it, ater puffing for a bit if the clouds start to go away... Just shake it a little and see the herb move and turn brown while the clouds continue. I have only filled it half way then have a session. Put it down then go back to it later and the clouds start right back. Plus it's cheap!!

Bottom line is I think China will quickly become a real contender for portable Vapes. Having been a Solo and Haze user these two are good if not better in some ways to both. I'm just happy to have some real options for less than $100 bucks so that I can try some different types and have a real collection.:brow:

ReggieB

Hi all, first time poster, short time lurker.... I got an ecapple last week, unfortunately it was almost DOA, replacement should be here tomorrow, the vendor has given excellent service, I just had to send in a couple of videos of the unit not working correctly to confirm. After agreeing to replace the unit and send it out, the vendor also said I can keep the faulty unit for spares, so I've got a nice spare battery, extra screens, dabber and brush but I thought I'd ask you guys for some advice on whether this unit is repairable.

The unit charged fine but when I came to give it a test run, it heated up to set temp and then just shut off completely, no response from the buttons at all... the only way to get some life from it is via the usb charge socket but only if you put some tension on the connector, which suggests a short somewhere or a dry solder joint? Also, when the unit has the usb cable plugged in but no tension, there's a ticking sound coming from it. With tension applied to the usb cable, the unit turns on and it does respond correctly to button presses etc., all of the menus work and it will attempt to heat up but but stalls and shutsdown after a few seconds, I'm guessing this is because it's attempting to draw too much power from the usb cable which would mean that it's probably not getting power from the battery for some reason?

I haven't totally dismantled the unit yet but for anyone attempting it, there are 6 screws, 3 on the top cover, 3 on the bottom cover and lastly, the vent hole at the back of the unit should just pull out if you give it a tug, unfortunately the unit still can't be dismantled at this point because the oled snags on the buttons if you try to remove the electronics via the bottom of the unit, so the negative terminal needs to be de-soldered to allow removal from the top.

ReggieB

The replacement ecapple iv-1 arrived, and seems to be working ok so far, Only used it twice, reasonable draw on it, very reasonable vapour.

I think the temperatures are off though as the content was dark when it was done @ 400-420f which I don't see on my volcano original at those temps. at 380f my finished content was much better, more like I expected at ~410-420.

Not sure where the temperature sensor is but it seems like it either needs better placement of the sensor or proper calibration to sort out that overshoot, although I wonder exactly what the purpose of the heating modes are and if there's less overshoot on the slower modes?

I did notice that in slow mode, if you start drawing through the mouthpiece before it hit the set point, the temp will drop on the display in real time, it's a pity that it doesn't do that after the set point has been reached as well. I didn't notice on the other modes as I wasn't looking out for it but I assume it will be.

I'm also wondering about other ways how they could solve the overshoot, like being able to change the set point on the fly in heatup/vape mode?

What does everyone think about the mouthpiece? I get good airflow through it, but it does get warm at the top without the bubbler, maybe a slightly longer one would be more suitable in case you're somewhere that using the bubbler would be too indiscreet?

livewithkindness123

I have taken a temp reading in the bowl 3 different times at various temps and they have been right on +/- 4°f . I don't really know what's going on either but yea the herb comes out very dark at 365 and 390 . I still can't figure out why this vape hits me harder (a good thing to me) at the same temps I set my other vapes at even my pax2 . 1 full load on this vape only last me 4 to 6 good hits and its done after that it gets really harsh on my throat where as others I get a lot more hits plus it takes more hits to get the same effect . I still love this vape when I need fast pain relief it does a great job.

livewithkindness123,
Reactions: ReggieB

ReggieB

I'm looking for pain relief over everything else, clouds of vapour aren't my end game :) Where abouts did you you take the temps from livewithkindess1? I wonder if there's a difference between temps at the top and the bottom of the chamber? Looking at the heating element though (braided copper sheath around the ceramic bowl) the heat should be pretty uniform.

Also what did you use to take the temperature with, anything that I've got here has all been used around electronics so it would be a bad idea to poke that into the heating chamber considering flux boils and solder melts at around the temperatures we're vaping at.

ReggieB

If anyone else needs to take one apart, I managed to get the faulty one apart in one piece without breaking anything, I think :) Once you've unscrewed the top and base caps, the base cap is still attached by a black wire, just position it so that the square part is placed in the end against the battery compartment, it's kind of sideways but it but it will fit.

Before you go pushing on it, there's the oled screen to think of, the board moves back and forth and you can see the screen moving, what I didn't notice until afterwards was that the screen sits in a small recess, if you take a look at the top end, with a jewellers loupe or magnifying glass, the oled screen is stuck to 2 bits of hard foam, but the pcb it's on is fairly flexible, so hold the unit so that the buttons are facing the floor and with one hand put a little bit of tension on the board with 1 finger, pushing/pulling it towards the filling chamber, I don't think it needs to be much, about 1mm, maybe less, then you should be able to push the whole lot out from the bottom in one piece, just be gentle with the bottom cap that's still attached until it's positioned correctly.

I can think I see why this unit failed :D I've checked my faulty unit against the @smokey_da_vape video, the oled side of the PCB looks absolutely fine but once you take the 4 screws out to look at the back of the board it's obvious, there's a big 4R7/4.7Ohm resistor, which you can see behind the red wire at 14s in smokey's vid, in the vid it's clean green pcb with the white silkscreen all the way down to the 2 chips to the right, on my board it looks like it's a ground pour covered in solder that's actually shorted across 3 pins on the first chip, the 2nd chip looks ok, 3rd and 4th chips have a similar area between them that is shorting 4 pins on one chip to 2 pins on the other, smokey also has one less chip than me on the back of the pcb. I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

I've googled the chip numbers for the shorted chips and I can't find any datasheets for them, they're marked 6504 GA5G2U and have 8 pins. I can't really understand how it managed to power on let alone work once, maybe those pins are all earth and they're ok to short and provide some heat sinking, the ICs in question are on the power side of the board and look like they're probably voltage regulators. I haven't had a good look at the oled side of the board but the main mcu (microcontroller) is an stm32F030C8, 48Mhz Arm Cortex-M0 value chip with 64KB of flash and 4KB of sram, 48 pin.

ReggieB

So my early thoughts after having used the ecapple for a couple of days now, you get a nice good draw through it without overdoing it, I've settled on Medium heating mode, 5mins shut-off and 380f or below as my max temp and the abv is dark brown when it comes out at that temp but not black/ash, at no time is the vapour harsh. I think the real trick with the ecapple is a steady sustained draw matched to the heat mode, so if you draw heavy and quick, set it to fast mode, if you're a standard moderate draw, set it to medium, if you're a slow steady sipper, set it to slow mode, I *think* it helps with the temperature recovery times as well as adjusting the heat up times, perhaps someone with a temp sensor can throw some light on this?

I also have a volcano classic, so there's really no comparison in performance however, I'm really enjoying the experience of both performance and the convenience of the ecapple is great, a short heating time adjustable via the heating modes and you can keep on tugging on it until it's done or take a few tugs and switch it off, a very different experience from waiting for the chamber to heat up and then filling the 'canos bag.

Battery time seems reasonable but having a spare battery/batteries if you plan on taking it out anywhere would be a good idea imho.

The bubbler is essential, the stock mouthpiece gets too warm on it's own imho, perhaps a longer stock mouthpiece would solve that or a different material, maybe a metal/wood driptip from a pen/box mod? I don't think the mouthpiece is glass.

The unit itself gets quite hot after sustained use, I'm not really sure how they could deal with that without a design or case change. although in theory they just need an extension for the top part of the case maybe to try and get some air between the battery and the heat chamber and to give more surface area to sink the heat away.

ReggieB

The the companies really do watch the forum for feed back . I told them about the trouble someone had with 2 units and here is their reply . Another reason to be careful where you buy from.
We just find a URL about the iV-1 on Fuck Combustion. And I also contacted the manufacture, they replied me that they will deal with that. From the discussion, I would like to tell you that our company's warranty of iV-1 is 9 months. If there is any defectiveness caused by the quality problem, pls feel free to tell us and I will send you a new one.
Well, as I mentioned in the mail, the manufacture of iV-1 only sells the product in China and all the suppliers of the iV-1 are trading companys. So I am sorry that we couldn't ensure that the service of other suppliers. The only thing we can do is to keep our promise.
Have a nice day!:)
Vicky
I feel this this company is awesome to deal with and one of the best I have .

With my reseller, I just had to send off a couple of videos of the unit not working, ecapple responded very quickly and authorised replacement immediately.

I've dealt with chinese companies that make their own stuff way more complicated than the iv-1 and they're stuck in the middle, they want to innovate but they also have to deal with other companies just outright copying/buying their product on the open market and claiming they manufactured it, ignoring sales and distribution agreements/channels, hampering the efforts to give us quality products at reasonable prices.

Looking at the quality of the board inside the faulty unit that I have, ignoring the quality control issue of this board getting through, the unit looks well made inside, the pcb is well soldered, with all parts positioned correctly, it's using a real 48Mhz ST arm chip to control temperatures, more than enough cpu to do the job properly and it looks like there's even an unpopulated 4 pin header on the board that is incredibly close to the cpu, I suspect it's either jtag or serial, I'll have to check the datasheet to confirm that though.

ReggieB

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but I noticed a couple of things, when you insert the battery for the first time or swap out a battery, the unit will not turn on until after you've plugged it into a usb charger, to all intents and purposes, the unit appears to be dead on a fully charged battery, so I presume it needs to be booted up from USB, there's nothing in the user manual about this at all, something that needs addressing imho.

I also noticed yesterday that the blue light will start to flash bright/dim when you're vaping when the battery starts to run low, at least I *think* that's why it was flashing, battery indicator was low but still had a bit of a bar left.

ReggieB,

serialtoker

Still here Still
Indeed you are correct about the turning on issue I found turning the closure on the bottom was the issue screw it in to tight and it won't fire up loosen it off a wee bit and bingo your back in business. Another small gripe is the closure plate on the bottom sits proud of the unit making it a bit on the wobbly side when standing because it's not flush and especially not good with a bubbler sat on top, That said I am impressed with it swappable battery and a bubbler as standard is a bit more user friendly, We had four sessions with it on saturday and another four on a V5s for comparison purposes (3 mates and me) the first session was at 400f and the medium setting in taste mode we got 8 tokes on the first chamber AVB was a consistent milk choc brown no burn evidence and was comparable to the V5s set at 400f (setting two) Taste was good on the first lung full a slight bit more toasty on the second but still enjoyable but you really need the bubbler at that type of temp because the glass mouthpiece does get hot. Dropped the temp to 350f for the second run taste mode on fast 7 tokes second chamber yielded a slightly different taste as expected and Avb was not as well baked as the first run as small traces of green were still visible.The taste mode is worth playing around with to suit individual preferences,as for the accuracy of the tempratures I would have to say dubious at best as I have no way of checking them at this moment in time. I like the Ecapple its reasonably small feels solid has good features just need tweaking to make it better.I hope this helped with the connection issues

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Looking for consistent ABV with a conduction vape is kinda pointless. The herb is gonna cook whether you hit it or not. I suppose if you are making sure the oven is even? I think it is more informative for a convection vape.

I was able to get the battery cover to go flush with a little muscle.

@serialtoker Did you try throwing it back into standby after a hit? Hold the big button down after a hit and then immediately hold it a second time to put it back into vape mode and you can see the current temp. This is how I was able to see the temp drops.

jojo monkey,
Top Bottom