ecapple iV-1

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@livewithkindness123

You are right, it is metal. I never gave it a tap. This explains why the heat spreads to the bottom. I will have to take temps again cause I set my laser to plastic.

I am very used to a desktop vape that hits much easier so take my complaints with a grain of salt. I can fill my lungs in about 5 seconds with it, the iV-1 can take me 25+ seconds using just the mouthpiece not hooked to the vape.

I did reach out to the manufacturer and apparently there is a new mouthpiece with removable screens and a screen with wider holes. The kick is that I ordered a spare and it has the same problem.

As far as the taste mode, I only played a little with it. More testing!

Don't say sorry, it is a nice vape other than the flow. Hopefully I can fix it myself with the mesh screens I ordered.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
EZ fix...

It wasn't so bad popping off the screens out of the mouthpiece. I put a small screwdriver inside the mouthpiece and tapped out the old screen and threading. The 3/8" screen fits perfectly!

The airflow is much improved and I am very happy with the performance.

8JxlZYR.jpg

livewithkindness123

Awesome I'm glad you are happy with it now . I wish more people had a chance to try this vaporizer out I think it would change a lot of minds about vapes from china . Do you like the taste ?

livewithkindness123,

Tommy10

Had a look around for this vape, seems with these Chinese vapes model numbers and names change so much between factories and companies of the same design that it's pretty hard to dail in on a specific product.

Tommy10,
Reactions: tripwire

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@Tommy10 Did you try Shenzhen JNB Tech on alibaba? I'd still wait a week or so. The manufacturer told me that the new mouthpiece will be out there in 2 weeks. I'd ask Shenzhen JNB if the vape has the new mouthpiece before buying it. BTW you can get extra bubblers and mouthpieces super cheap too.

jojo monkey,
Reactions: tripwire

smokey_da_vape

I received my ecapples I bought for $60/each from alibaba. My first impressions are that they are a very nice, we'll built units, and look very nice. The positive impressions subsided as soon as I fired up the first vape. It smelt strongly of robot facts, and I could see smoke coming from inside the unit. The air intake wasn't isolated and I could see vapour escaping inside. After doing burn off after burn off, the smell went away and I threw some herb in and heated it up. Nothing, I didn't get any vapour, so I left it on to see if it did heat up, after a cpl minutes I smelt smoke, I opened it up and all my herb was burnt, lmfao, this first unit was a dud, hopefully the 2nd one behaves as it should, or I'll be very disappointed, this vape has the makings of a premium vaporizer.

livewithkindness123

Do you have the newer IV-1 or the vape through ? The IV-1 is the newest they upgraded a lot of parts from what I was told better electronics and newer chamber and got rid of the rubber seals and made a cleaner intake path. From what I was told by the company that sold me mine was they have to sign a contract with the makers of the IV-1 that they have to sell the unit for at least 3 times what they paid for it this does not include samples and if they try to sell it cheaper they will have their contract pulled. They are trying hard to keep this off of some wholesale sites that sell it so cheap so that if a vape company buys units they can get higher prices for it . This does not include the old vape through vaporizer which is no longer made so I guess people that still have these in stock are trying to get rid of them .

livewithkindness123,

smokey_da_vape

^^^I have the iv-1, it's branded on the side. I bought 2 units, one gold and one silver. The gold one was a dud sadly, but the silver one is performing nicely, although I find that they unit seems hotter than the temp says. I don't have a thermometer to test this theory out but I did combust at 400f.

smokey_da_vape,
Reactions: ehcual

ehcual

That sounds really disappointing, having 2 duds like that and spending $65 a piece... What happens in that case, will they give you any actual working units at no extra charge, or are you just out of luck since it's an Alibaba order?

I have asked to order a sample as soon as the newer mouthpiece is available. I was told about 2 weeks time, if there are any other kinks to workout with the IV-1, hopefully they will.

ehcual,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@smokey_da_vape Have you tried the flavor modes? This vape hides the temp overshoots and is cooking your herb the whole time via conduction. The longer you leave it the more it will cook. I too have found I have to be 20-30F below expected temps to get the desired results. The flavor mode can really reduce how much it overcooks, but it will take longer to get to temp.

@ehcual I complained about the mouthpiece and told them about how the intake is not sealed. They said they were gonna fix it. Time will tell.

livewithkindness123

I tested the temps and they were spot on but it really does feel like its hotter for some reason even at 365 I cough like I do at near 400 . And at temp of 335 I see a lot of vapor that I don't see on other vapes at the same temp. I wonder what's up with this so far I have only used the slow mode on taste.

livewithkindness123,

livewithkindness123

Let us know how it goes trying to get them to honor they"re warranty. Where I got mine I am sure they will honor it just based on the positive expirence I have had dealing with them . But who knows when it comes to money .

livewithkindness123,

smokey_da_vape

Hey guys, so in the interest of my fellow fc-ers I took the malfunctioning ecapple apart. And what I saw wasn't very good. There is a little small white plastic piece that holds the "isolated" air path and heating element and when my vape was assembled in the factory the airpath wasn't put together properly, so when the vape heated up the air path was in contact with the heat element and it melted the plastic piece. There was also some exposed wires and the top of the battery compartment seems to show signs of melting aswell. I am not going to use either of these anymore, well I should say use the one because my other unit is in pieces haha. I hope mine is an isolated incident and the newer versions are better.
Oh and as for the warranty, I asked for my money back and haven't heard back from the company

smokey_da_vape

I would like to but I haven't figured out how to post pics here. Can I plug another site where I know I can post pics?

smokey_da_vape,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I use imgur. Just make sure to fetch the direct image link and not the imgur page url, and put that in a "img" tag using the picture icon on the edit bar.

KeroZen,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Thanks for the effort! BTW imgur.com will give a "bb" code that you can copy and paste.

jojo monkey,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@smokey_da_vape No prob! You were missing the brackets before and after the image and a proper image extension. [img"]""http://i.imgur.com/AbOrMhP.jpg"["/img]" (no quotes) is all i put in.

Is the black wire that is stripped down by the USB? Looks like the battery shorted out?

Where is the airpath part? I am thinking of taking mine apart, but am don't know how that intake comes apart.

jojo monkey,

smokey_da_vape

Yes the end of the black wire I broke from the board to be able to take the vape apart. But there is exposed wire that I think caused the battery to short. The stainless steel air path can be pulled out fairly easily, when it's inside the vape it slides inside the white disc, and that supposedly provides the seal, but mine wasn't placed properly and conducted heat to melt the white plastic.

Top Bottom