1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Resistance is futile!

2. antispleen

antispleen Hyperborean Wanderer

It uses an infrared beam to sense when you insert an object into the coil, and then activates the induction side of things

3. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

infrared beam and magnets are so James Bond :love:

4. antispleen

antispleen Hyperborean Wanderer

I think 007 would rock a carbon fiber xl omni. And look smooth as hell doing it.

And Q would have all these crazy heating gadgets, built into eyeglasses and such..laser remote satellite enhanced vapcap heating, just summon the beam and hold your cap up and ZAPPO! Click from the sky!

Clearly I have been enjoying my vapcaps a bit much this evening.

5. Hogni

....but a self heating one - trust in Q!

6. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

To keep it short: It was a huge disappointment. It is an induction heater, but it is made to recognize the inserted tool with a sensor and then starts the induction. This sensor is adjustable, but I (and the vendor) were not able to adjust it to a perfect level for the Vapcap. It either did not detect it, or completely overreacted and went into error mode after some seconds. We tried it with several devices. It turned out that the vendor is a stoner and we had fun with the experiments. It is workable somehow and I made the cap click before the error mode, but it requires many tricks and sometimes does not work at all. Not worth the hassle.

This would be absolutly great without the sensor. Heatup time until the click was around 3secs. But my judgement is: Not ideal at all. Save your money for better things. I ordered a Portside Mini at @Pipes instead... ;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 5:17 PM
  7. stark1

stark1 markus-stockl-breaks-mountain-bike-record

I’d be all over it, if only it were portable. :popcorn: & it worked.

I’d hate to be pulling a long cord— too much baggage. :rofl:

Learned something. Didn’t know wax was paramagnetic. :chill:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 5:49 PM
  8. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

who uses snapstashs to carry ground material?
    are the materials save and are they smellproof?

I dig the size.

CuckFumbustion and needalift like this.
  9. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I've never experienced any resin buildup anywhere other than inside the condenser. You seem to have resin build up in the pre-vapor generating area of the Vapcap.

Could you possibly be exhaling into a hot Vapcap? This might explain sticky resin on the tips grooves and inside the cap, causing it to stick. I can't think of any other way that sticky build up could develop at the front end.

You gotta suck not blow...LOL!

Congratulations!

@beyond6strings Another hauntingly beautiful piece. I think I'm in heaven; being lulled into a peaceful relaxed state from your seranade while reading the Vapcap thread as I enjoy my Vapcap.

10. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

Yes
    and
    Yes
    2 sizes available.

11. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

yes, two sizes.
    small and large.

how to they keep up?
    the green M tube looks very vulnerable at body connection to the lid.

are snapstashs the same material witch same opening mechanisim ?

CuckFumbustion and needalift like this.
  12. needalift

needalift Well-Known Member

I have a small snapstash . I have used it regularly for a year and no trouble with the hinge / flap or whatever you want to call it . It too looks vulnerable , but has held up with no visible issues at all . It is different than the green ones in that when you open it , you squeeze the sides and the pressure pops the lid open . They are a great storage solution and well worth the cost ... At $1 you can't beat it !!

13. tragique

tragique Well-Known Member

I've been using the same green tube for all my vapcaps (keeping the other ones as backups), and even after about a year of use, it still works just fine. The hinge doesn't seem to have deteriorated in any way despite opening and closing it multiple times a day constantly.

Same thing for the snapstash, zero degradation after a year of use, though I use that one slightly less often.

Although, the day they do break, I won't really shed a tear.

14. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

The tubes are replaceable. IF you just wanted to order extra and toss them when they wear out. OR get a Tightpac or Bluntpac which are smellproof. BTW. Yes they make storage and a grinder.
    Tightpac America Tightpac America Inc.
    Cigarette Carriers Tightpac America Inc.
    Buy Bluntpac | Tightpac America Tightpac America Inc.
    I did put my M in with the rubber MP and it got stuck inside my King B though. Maybe I should have stored it in the cap end.
    [​IMG]
    :science:Thank You Very much for reporting back. :tup: Now I can focus on @Pipes as well.

Did you think the unit was under powered for such a mass to 'heat' up? The cap being more metal than a pick end on a dental tool? That was my hunch from looking at the specs. Then the whole mention of the pass/fail/error code loop you might be going through. :bang:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 8:31 PM
  15. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Showing off my @stardustsailor stems, goldfinger, on the left, arrived today.

[​IMG]

16. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Heees the man, the man with the miiiidas touch...

A spiders touch...

17. Vital

Vital Well-Known Member

Looks sweet! How did you get it gold plated? The man with the Golden Gun! :D

I'm really surprised that no one has manufactured either a metal or a glass container for the VapCap. Somthing like a cigar tube would do imho. The plastic case that comes with the VapCap protects it during shipping, but it's pretty useless for storing a hot VapCap. I would love to see a titanium carrying case. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 1:25 AM
    stardustsailor, needalift and Ricardo like this.
  18. Hogni

Storing a hot VC? Why that? Mine is cool enough after some seconds after the switch off click.
    And a case out of titanium? Don't you think that would be a bit overengeneered? At least kinda pricey. What for?

EDIT: You can build your own with the magnificent PillPots from Magnus. Take just 2 long 22mm ones and you'll have your stash tube. Prices are NZD.
    If you should change your mind you can use it for it's intended purpose for storing your herbs a/o trates.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 4:44 AM
  19. stark1

stark1 markus-stockl-breaks-mountain-bike-record

A while ago, our own magical PP posted a rather elegant carbon fiber-expanding-cigar case, with a price point to match :D :tup:

Enuf room for a ‘Cap & Stash EDC

The magic, of course, is in the wand. :nod:

@stardustsailor Betcha our analytical alchemist,SDS, could conjure up a matching
    anodized VapCap stem/case set.....:tup::nod:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 11:35 AM
  20. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

Geeze, Hogni, I thought I was anal retentive. This guy brings a whole new definition.
    I like Pokit Rokitz from 420 Science. Three sizes: 3.5" x 0.75", 3.5" x 1.0" ID, 3.5" x 1.25" ID. Double o-rings, friction fit caps, aluminum.
    You can hold a non-xl VC if you rely on one o-ring closure. Choice of colors.
    If someone would bring the link over I would appreciate it. I'm a little ripped right now and would screw it up. Matter fact I forgot what I was talking about.:lol: Doc

Edit: They are on sale right now.

21. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Doob Tubes for me.......been using for two years. Cheap and effective.

22. needalift

needalift Well-Known Member

Like a well done graffiti piece , I could stare in amazement at these all day .
    @stardustsailor is a true artist.

I have to disagree . I have dropped a hot vapcap in the plastic tube it was shipped in more times than I could count . I'm talking immediately after cooldown click with zero issues .

23. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

24. NizzyJones

NizzyJones Well-Known Member

Interplanetary Development has the silo. Only standard length & width (ie no Nonavongs, no XL) though.

GreenHopper, DeeCee5 and SloJimFizz like this.
  25. tragique

tragique Well-Known Member

The Silo is tempting. I like my DynaStash ER but it is much bigger than it could be and I generally prefer metal over wood, purely from an utilitarian point of view. I think the only thing I'd miss if I went without this Dynastash is a compartment to put ABV, as right now I use the little silicone container for that purpose.

wileycoyote1103 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors