1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

That and body shape and millwork make it easy to spin without a spinning MP on mine. The metal MP is smooth and easy to hold on my mouth in different manners.

Yes and the air path seems wider than my M.

Like my Omni on 'max choke' I guess. When my cap clicks, the whole body clicks. Like that feedback when you can't hear the click. That could be more of a feature. :nod:

2. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Gosh, I almost hate to say this because it seems so out of band, but I still get better hits (dry) from my Woody (gen3) than from my Omni (gen5). I may just not have the omni dialed in yet, but there it is.

I can't really compare the Nonavong (gen4) as its always in water, tho it is certainly great for that.

stardustsailor, V-apE, Squiby and 6 others like this.
  3. mrb

mrb smoke free me

If you're keeping the SS condenser tube that came with your M inside your M...

It is slightly thicker than the Ti ones that come with Ti-Tiped models...

The extra thickness of the SS condenser where it meets the opening of the Ti-Tip - slightly reduces the amount of air drawn from the carb/air hole/port, and creates great vapour.

For me it's one of the main reasons Ti-tip on M = 'mon vapcap prefere'

4. ChuckDee

ChuckDee New Member

Hey all. New here. Pulled trigger on a Coco Omni courtesy of Sneakypete. After a couple resolved shipping issues, the piece arrived. Looks great. Question I have is, it's got 7 fins. Not 5. I assume it's a TI tip... but I'm also wondering if there is a big difference between this older gen and new gen tip. On their website, the pic is of the 5 fin tip. Just want to make sure all is cool here. Best.

5. B-minus

B-minus New Member

Hi everyone been reading this thread ever since I got my first vapcap ,and finally got the confidants to become a member and see if anyone could help me out.
    I was wandering if anyone might know how to make an og vapcap or anything to use for a glass stem?
    They discontinued the glass just before I started using the vapcap so never got to experience one ☹. Any help would be greatly appreciated

muunch, Kermitt, V-apE and 2 others like this.
  6. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

The cool down is slightly slower than the newer 5 fin tips.

I have only 7 fin tips and am completely satisfied with their performance. I wouldn’t worry about it, others may think you’re lucky to get a gen 4 seven fin tip.

7. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

There are people here who would love to become your friend, just because you have a 7 fin tip. I personally don't see too much difference in practise, but you should feel blessed! :)

8. stark1

stark1 ~

Find out all about fins!
    As GH said, VC is giving a tutorial on the evo of the VC tips.
    Tonite (CT).

Hmmm, I love shark fin soup. j/k wonder if VC is gonna mention why the spiral grooves cut into the fins; or
    why the caps cover a couple of the fins, effectively restricting the airflow in ( while it seems aesthetically unpleasant, the slices in the first two fins DO allow a bit of air to get thru.... just lessen the eye candy effect).

Just love to bitch in the morning.:D

9. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

The only time I'm afraid to use my vapcap in public is when I accidentally combust in it. I'm terrified people will smell it. Well maybe terror is an exaggeration...
    I've been using it with damania before work and on break. I've realized no one gives two shits what I'm doing with my little cigarette thing.

I hate the smell of smoke and can actually get in trouble if they can smell it on me at work. When I was a kid all my teachers smelled of coffee and cigarettes lol

Anyway, the dynavap line works great with all sorts of herbs, too. Damiana helps me feel calm and it tastes pretty good if kind of interesting. Gives me a happy feeling... It's not a high feeling just general calm and we'll being...

I was throwing a party for my sister's birthday and she tells me she found my lost ti Woody and will give it to me! Yay! I'm getting my hopes up!

10. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

Today was vapcap maintenance day around my house. Did an ISO soak and then scrub with pipe cleaners-then a nice rinse and dry.

While my M and Cocobolo Omni were drying I made myself a nice little ABV spittoon with an old mason jar and my power drill. I became a full-time vaporizer in October and the ABV was piling up and getting to be a pain to store and creating a mess. Now it's not.

I am not a handy guy either, but this was a no brainer that took less than 5 minutes. It's already been worth it.

Have the best day ever FCers. I get to play the guitar today for the first time in almost a month. Happy Daze for sure! Cheers, kb

11. antispleen

antispleen Hyperborean Wanderer

Dude...I literally picked up my guitar for the first time in weeks, and have been playing all morning. I had it in my hand on my way to put it away and a little notification popped up that said beyondsixstrings replied to a thread you watch. While I was holding six strings. And you playing after a break, and me..fucking universe...much love friends

(I put my audience to sleep)
    [​IMG]

12. analytika

analytika Well-Known Member

With regular ultrasound cleaning in a ... dishwasher soap solution ... the need for ISO has mostly evaporated.

stardustsailor, paehtod and Squiby like this.
  13. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Fc guitar magic :D I took out my guitar last night for the first time in months - tried to learn the intro to All the Young Dudes by Mott the Hoople (gifted to I Ii by Bowie). Got the chords OK... the solo is tricky but doable, I think - just don't have enough frets on my guitar :rofl:

14. antispleen

Vapcaps are perfect for jamming. You can forget about it and get lost in the music, but when you want a toke it's right there waiting.

15. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

First person to integrate an @Pipes skelly into their axe wins! :lmao:

16. antispleen

If I had a beater guitar I would get on this immediately :lol:

17. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I use my Omni both dry and with a bubbler, in the first case I keep the airflow wide open, in the latter I almost close it all the way down to have a tighter draw and milk my piece better.

18. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

So recently I cleaned my vapcap, thanks to the person who suggested pushing a nugette through the condenser to clean and gather the reclaim, and accidentally pushed the condenser deeper into the body and didn't amidst it back to default. It is cool cause it tightens the draw of the open carb. I've got it open and tight draw baby, no Omni here, but it kinda almost feels like it.

19. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

I do that with all of my M's....nice compromise with an open carb

20. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

@antispleen haha. The Universe is a great place isn't it? For me I was taking an almost month long break due to a severe case of tendonitis. I'm a fingerstyle guy, a pro actually, so this was difficult and alarming.

But today is the day I can start again-slowly. I just got back from the nail salon-it's where I get my semi-permanent custom picks installed-and I am finishing up getting my nails just right while enjoying my Omni Anhydrously. Cuz you're right-the Vapcap is the perfect vaporizer for a guitar session.

@Squiby When I use ISO I always rinse and dry. I really don't want to melt my face or turn my hands into flesh and bone mittens. The idea of my butane torches coming into contact with ISO is truly frightening. I totally get why Dynavap states in writing it's not a good idea. I'm very careful.

And now, to the strings. Here's a little something for y'all. This might be me.

Click to play YouTube Video

21. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Nice work @beyond6strings that must be scary to have your livelihood injured like that. As a professional keyboard player, I take very good care of my hands! If you have the time and inclination, would love to hear more about your instrument in the video....perhaps a PM?

22. antispleen

I have the biggest smile while listening to this, beautiful playing man. I am nowhere near a professional, but I enjoy the hell out what I do play. Thanks so much for sharing homie.

23. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

24. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

@beyond6strings .

Your beautiful music seduces the soul.
    After listening to it, I feel content and at peace with the world.
    Thank you.

25. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@beyond6strings a very admirable skill.

It's that time again folks all the info is in my thread, I'll be back to drop a couple of reminders in before I make a start. Be gentle with me :lol:
    Phattpiggies Wood Shed

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors