• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

paehtod

Yo~ @stark1 , sorry i do not know @VapCap will have any new idea after chat with Daniel of @Vaponic Team , I know Daniel have been inspired that vaponic could have similar effect like Omni condenser by change the inner glass tube's location.

On the other hand, I received @Winegums 14mm VonG stem, Its so Beautiful and working excellent!
Left: Winegums Stem XLS; Middle: Omni Ti XL; Right: NonaVonG Cocobolo XLS
POihNY0.jpg

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

Busy few weeks it has been as we began this new year. Finally had some snow. Normally we would have had at least a foot or two by now. Then last week it was very cold. -9˚ F and the lake ice was getting thick fast!
It is an inspiring time of the year when I think of what new experiences could be out there just waiting to be discovered. I have some optimistic plans for the company this year to make some more significant strides to help reduce smoking in as many places as possible.
We are continuing with the YouTube live broadcasts every Thursday at 6pm Central time this month. I hope you can join us if you haven't yet. Our goal is to have a different topic each week and to let you know about it in advance so it is easier to send in your questions for us to answer.
This week is the DynaStash.

I am really looking forward to this one as this has been a fun but also challenging accessory since the beginning. The number of variations and types of wood available keep these little boxes interesting.

So please tune in and leave me a comment or question if there is something in particular you would like addressed.

Thank you!

George

Mr.Sifter

how do you heat the ti-tip when it is set to its smallest chamber size and how many circles do you get?

single flame.

everytime I accidently combusted with the vapcap was when it was set to the desires micro chamber size.
thats why I bought it.
I have it on medium now and get three heatings from one load.
not coming even close to combustion.

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: paehtod

Boden

Aspie polymath
Done

NjT4YCm.jpg

LNIlUEV.jpg

qAzpDfG.jpg

cXGXNne.jpg

And some chicken I’m smoking at the moment. :p

N90KCKb.jpg

how do you heat the ti-tip when it is set to its smallest chamber size and how many circles do you get?

single flame.

everytime I accidently combusted with the vapcap was when it was set to the desires micro chamber size.
thats why I bought it.

Dual flame works better than a single. Heat close to the tip. Two cycles.

Last edited:

Boden

Aspie polymath
@Boden.....can i have one dynavap case and one smoked chicken? package deal?
Sell one of my smoked chickens ... Never!!! :goon:

:D

well, what?

I thought single flame was the prefered way of heating due to the accuracy

I tend to overheat the chamber with a single flame.

If you think about it from the metals point of view, a single takes the longest to temp which means it has more soak time. This soak time allows the tip to heat all the way through. With two flames the outside of the tip can still be hotter than the inside so no scorching. It’s a fine line. Plus two spreads the heat more evenly.

Edit: Two flame set pretty low.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

single flame.

thats why I bought it.
I find it's best to use the Ti tip set at the bottom or medium and micro dose that way. More consistent results and less chance of burning with a small load of material. It's also better if you do a hot heat first near the bottom of the cap then ease off on the heat towards the middle of the cap for the consecutive hits. I can often taste the temperature that I'm vaping at and judge where to heat from there.

Mr.Sifter

The single flame can certainly dial in precision, but that does not come before mastering technique. I recommend that you get good at using a multi flame lighter before zeroing in with a single flame.

It may save you some frustration.

This time I will try to listen to the "words of wisdom"
I have a triple and a double right now.
I like the double more.
3 runs with a medium chamber size ti-tip.
golden brown

do you think a single flame would be good to heat the upper cap for the first falvour hit ?

Ricardo

I can often taste the temperature that I'm vaping at and judge where to heat from there.
This is the essence of the VapCap - it takes a bit of getting used to and each version is a little different. Even different caps have slightly different performance... lighters, heating style, load size... dry or through water... and yet we get to know our VapCap and learn to coax what we want from them. Other vapes have temperature displays... we talk in vague terms about heating closer or further from the top/bottom but in reality everyone's experience is unique.... and yet shared. VAPCAP = ZEN

Squiby

do you think a single flame would be good to heat the upper cap for the first falvour hit ?
I suggest that you stick with your double flame until you are able to repeat non-combustion consistently, before experimenting with the single flame.

I always begin by heating a Vapcap near the bottom of the cap (at the digger outter end) and with each cycle I heat higher on the cap. I usually go through three heat cycles so it goes bottom, middle, top.

but in reality everyone's experience is unique.... and yet shared. VAPCAP = ZEN

Vapcap. The vaporizer of Enlightenment.

Mr.Sifter

you go from ti bottom up?
I too take three hits from a medium tip.
but in the other direction.

can you explain why you go from buttom to top?

Mr.Sifter,

mucsusn

60 going on 20
@Mr.Sifter when you start at the bottom, it takes a little while longer for the first click, allowing the chamber more time to absorb heat. Think of it as a ratio, starting from cold, the chamber needs a good bit of energy to get the herb to temperature. Subsequent hits start with residual heat left in the chamber, so heating subsequent cycles with heat applied closer to the clicker make it click faster. It’s a balance thing that you have to practice........which is the best part of using VC’s......you can practice a shit ton and still have herb left for tomorrow.

As for me, my preferred technique is a quad, with about a 3-4 second preheat/pause for about 10 seconds, then heat to click. Some people heat in the middle and go past the click for a second or three on the first cycle. Same basic theory of balance appliues hear. Your technique will develop and change.

Squiby

can you explain why you go from buttom to top?

I start with a cold Vapcap. The first year cycle is the longest to bring the cap to a click and therefore up to toking temps. When the cooling click comes, the chamber still is hot and does not need the degree of heating that the first cycle needed, so I heat higher up. The final cycle is building on the residual heat in the chamber. Again it does not need a long heat up that bottom heat would create. I feel this approach keeps the chamber within a good tokable heat range.

If you start at the top you are heating the chamber to the minimum temperature and increasing that temp with each cycle, with the last cycle creating a high temp situation that may easily contribute to combustion. I don't push the heat that far and have never combusted.

Boden

Aspie polymath
I start with a cold Vapcap. The first year cycle is the longest to bring the cap to a click and therefore up to toking temps. When the cooling click comes, the chamber still is hot and does not need the degree of heating that the first cycle needed, so I heat higher up. The final cycle is building on the residual heat in the chamber. Again it does not need a long heat up that bottom heat would create. I feel this approach keeps the chamber within a good tokable heat range.

If you start at the top you are heating the chamber to the minimum temperature and increasing that temp with each cycle, with the last cycle creating a high temp situation that may easily contribute to combustion. I don't push the heat that far and have never combusted.
Basic thermodynamics For the Win :rockon:

JetHead

Ooooooh.... bottom to top. I'm bout to go check it out.

Always surprised at the stuff I learn coming back to this thread.

I'm using a dual flame Tech torch lighter. It's proving a good choice this cold winter. Really like the single flame too but was taking some effort due to temps and wind. Maybe convexed dual or triple triad next... :ko:

JetHead,
Reactions: Squiby

Squiby

I received this special and unique spinning mouthpiece from George. I have it set up here with the Omni titanium stem. The pattern nicely goes with The stem It's one of just a few made and it's sterling silver, not titanium. I think it's a beauty!

Lr8r5ox.jpg

jl1NeTD.jpg

And here it is with a BLackwood VonG.
lxKD9Yb.jpg

Sweet!

Top Bottom