1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Fenton Mewley

Fenton Mewley A man in search of cloudier pastures

A new lighter based vape for dry herbs, the VapCap.

Click to play YouTube Video

They also have a liquid based (eliquid, oil) vape, the PyroVap.

Click to play YouTube Video

Dynavap is having an Indiegogo campaign for their vapes. Link.

2. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

Interesting. Kinda looks like a Solo bowl with a metal cover. Could be good for out and about vaping. :popcorn:

VapeHeadz, ataxian, $unnyblaq and 5 others like this.
  3. Tommy10

Tommy10 Well-Known Member

Vapour dugout system is looking more of a reality. If this is inexpensive it might be nice

ataxian, SSVUN~YAH, howie105 and 3 others like this.
  4. MikeInMiami

MikeInMiami Well-Known Member

Looks pretty cool. I wonder what that clicking noise is all about in the loose leaf version?

SSVUN~YAH, CarolKing, Jared and 4 others like this.
  5. Tommy10

6. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

It's a heating indicator. The IG campaign says in one part that it's safe to store after you hear the click.

This looks pretty slick at only 20 bucks for the herb version i may jump on board.

Vapor_Eyes, ataxian, bounce5 and 9 others like this.
  7. Tommy10

Okay that video is obviously not MJ, and I can't find mention of bowl size or material specifics or how it makes the click.
    Bowl looks pretty small which to me is a good idea. .05ish loads in something like this form would make a great vaporizer alternative. Most of the time, if I'm combusting solo it's a dugout nowadays. Broke my bong smoking bowl and getting over joints... Seems this could convert another smoking style over to vaping.

8. PlasticTastic

PlasticTastic Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. At $30 a pop, looks like a must-have backup for anyone who wants to fuck combustion. Also great for people who want to get the most out of their herb without too much of an inve$tment.

Definitely following this.

9. MikeInMiami

MikeInMiami Well-Known Member

I meant what is actually making that noise.

10. snorcan

snorcan Stay charged, my friends

I like that I can use my camp stove to heat it. Just got in on the early early bird. What the hell for 20 bucks?

11. 1_gr8_underdog

1_gr8_underdog Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead

I jumped in at that price. WTH. :tup:

@MikeInMiami if I had to guess it would be the metal popping when it comes to temp. Kind of like how a turn signal works. The bi-metallic contact in the relay closes to turn on the light then when it becomes hot it clicks and breaks contact. Then rapidly cools to make contact again and so on. Just a guess, but I think that Is the basic principal here.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Vapor_Eyes, ataxian, killick and 7 others like this.
  12. Fenton Mewley

I would love to see a video of how they load oils into the PyroVap. They injected eliquid via needle injection, but that won't work with viscous oils.

To me it seems like the VapCap may be more suitable for concentrates than the PyroVap.

13. 1_gr8_underdog

It seems like you would have to re-drip very often with the Pyro. One of the only reasons I abandoned dripper style rba's. I dislike having to re drip every three puffs. But it is very interesting, although I think I am going to pass.

I agree the VapCap to me may be better suited for concentrates. As long as your careful it should work great. The pryo seems best fitted for e-juice and liquids

Edit: this picture shows it full. Hmm now I am much more interested in the pyro. Not sure how much it holds, but it is much more than shown in the video
    [​IMG]

14. Farid

Farid Well-Known Member

What stands out to me is that you can use a bic lighter, but unlike other vapes that work with a bic lighter, you aren't inhaling any of the fumes. That and the size/style makes me think that if it performs as advertised it could be a game changer. Contributed.

15. cawshook

cawshook Solod out.

This seems like such a nice vaporizer, but I know I'm going to touch that metal part by mistake and burn the shit out of my fingers.

16. VapCap

VapCap Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Both the VapCap and the PyroVap click when they reach operating temperature.

17. peterpiper

peterpiper (peter-ex-piper)

I'm in just got extra early at $10 +$10 shipping
    Gotta he worth it at £13
    Edit: welcome vapcap

18. Fenton Mewley

@VapCap, will you consider making metal cases so that we can just drop the hot unit into the case and not worry about accidental burning?

Wood might be a good material to use as well. There might be minor scorching, but I personally wouldn't care all that much.

19. VapCap

So far, we have had no issues with the metal caps melting or damaging the plastic tube. If the VapCap is used in a normal manner, it will have cooled sufficiently for storage as the vapor production diminishes. When it has cooled below minimum vapor production temperature, it will give a reset click. I will post more videos on it's use soon. That said, nicer cases are definitely on the drawing boards. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

I really appreciate the support I've received from this forum.

paehtod, Other Side, Whisper and 23 others like this.
  20. 1_gr8_underdog

Welcome to FC @VapCap. Glad to see you joining in on the fun.:tup:
    I had a question about the pyro, how easy is it to clean when switching flavors?
    Love the new laser etching on the metal cap by the way.

Here is the latest from indie.
    18 minutes ago
    Greetings Funders!

The past 24 hours have been exciting and inspiring. We received our first laser etched cap, and it looks pretty good. We hope to be able to laser etch all of our caps if we can raise sufficient funds.

[​IMG]
    It sure is wonderful to see people I've never met supporting my project. Seeing our Funders double four times over in one day has been thrilling. This project has been my passion for the past 3 years, and now it seems like this dream may finally come true.

Thank you,

George

[​IMG] George Breiwa

21. Krazzykid

Krazzykid Well-Known Member

I'm in for an early bird VapCap. It's a no-brainer at this price point.

It looks neat, and I bet it can be mated to a 14mm down stem easily. Should make a reliable backup if nothing else.

I wish you the best @VapCap, will be checking in from time to time to see how things are progressing.

ataxian, Vapor_Eyes, NorVape and 3 others like this.
  22. delloy

delloy Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice little unit. Im in and supported at $30 surely you cant go wrong. Good luck with the fundraising @VapCap

Vapor_Eyes and Seren like this.
  23. Tommy10

A rough idea on bowl size? Would different bowl sizes be an option town the track? With a slightly wider box this could be the vaporizer dug out! What's are they like with candle flame fighters? I'd imagine if you just heated till you heard the click it should be fine? I'll be watching closely, love the idea!

24. peterpiper

peterpiper (peter-ex-piper)

Can u hear the click then keep heating for higher temps?

Vapor_Eyes, VAPEHUNTER and VapCap like this.
  25. VapCap

Thank you for the support. I am working on adapting the business end of this device so it can easily be retrofitted to many existing smoking devices converting them into Vaping devices. [​IMG][​IMG] https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0t3NucXHnp8dG5hU29lNG5vblB3dVM3OVk3dGFnci1jaDZN/view?usp=sharing

Yes. That is what I think is the return of intuitive control to the user. Just like regulating how hard you draw on a cigarette or bowl you can just heat a little longer to get your Vap a little hotter. Just don't heat more than about 3 seconds max past the click. This is important to the vaping experience.

I just posted a picture for you on my dynavap facebook page.

Thank you for the support! I am posting more pictures today.

Mod note: Six posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors