stark1

Lonesome Planet
Mark my words. The Twain :hmm:
Weather anomalies...

Waitaminnute, he sd.
Gotterdumerang, Sam!

Is gettin my :goat:
In Clemens’ Olde New England—Waiting on the Pony Express, from Tunis, I presume? :wave:

JXNtGIP.jpg
:hmm:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Your harp guitar with the sound hole by your ear is among the most beautiful works of luthier art I've ever seen. Yes, there are more elaborate guitars, but the woodwork is just stunning. I went to your site and read about your guitars, made from re-claimed sunken wood. Amazing. I'm a big Michael Hedges fan. And you are a fan of gorgeous polished wood, whether for sound or mind!

@Polarbearboy Alan Carruth's harp guitars are amazing things. And yes, I love all things wood, and always have. I get to see Al this weekend I will tell him what you said.

I never got to meet Michael, which is really sad. I've recorded, toured and become close friends with Michael Manring who as I'm sure you know played fretless bass on many of Hedges' recordings. The cool thing in the guitar world right now is that Hedges' influence is stronger today than it was in the 80's.

@trfe my favorite thing about the Omnis is the adjustable bowl. I keep it at it's smallest setting and I get everything I want while being incredibly thrifty on material. And I love being able to adjust the draw by adjusting the mouthpiece.

@NayiZindagi I forgot to mention the use of a water tool or j hook. I probably use my vapcaps through a cooling device about 60% of the time. I especially love my j hook. You may also look into getting an XL condenser and a mouthpiece to turn your M into an XL to lengthen the vapor path. I'm getting some 8" glass stems to cut into different lengths-most of which will be longer than anything Dynavap sells in order to provide more cooling. And cuz I think they'll look cool, and I've always loved the flavor of cannabis through glass.

I have allergies to cats and three of my best friends and constant companions are our three cats so my lungs are often sensitive. @Squiby's mouth pull technique and hemp fiber filter idea also helped me out a lot when I was having coughing issues.

And one more thing too-make sure you're well hydrated and have water or something to drink when you're vaping-that's something that took me a while to get in the habit of doing.

Best of luck.

Can you please tell what kind of J hook are you using?

I honestly feel that my coughing has to do with the temperature of the vapor. I either need to find a way to cool it, or heat it less to begin with..but without sacrificing the satisfaction or quality of the vape.

I am using the hemp fiber filter and doing mouth pulls only, but still, at times maybe the vapor is too hot. I find that I dont cough as much if I do the mouth pull, and then inhale with my mouth open so that theres a lot of fresh air going in at the same time. But still, its not the perfect technique and not very satisfying. I must find a better way to make this work.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
So what is the easiest way to remove the smell inside an old vong? I have one that was made by @Ed's TnT about a year and a half or so ago that i absolute adore. I love the vong but the smell is finally getting to me. I can clean the metal pieces but the smell of abv still remains, and it now it's affecting taste in high temperatures. It's the only one i have a problem with but it's most likely due to i use it as my main at home vape, so it gets used 4+ times a day after work.

Thanks

Good morning, I recommend disassemble it and take a cotton swab dip it in high proof drinking alcohol squeeze out the excess and push through swabing it several times then letting it dry. Have heard others use a twisted paper towel dipped the same way twisting it through to remove any buildup. Pls give this a go and hope it helps ya.

beyond6strings

I honestly feel that my coughing has to do with the temperature of the vapor. I either need to find a way to cool it, or heat it less to begin with..but without sacrificing the satisfaction or quality of the vape.

I am using the hemp fiber filter and doing mouth pulls only, but still, at times maybe the vapor is too hot. I find that I dont cough as much if I do the mouth pull, and then inhale with my mouth open so that theres a lot of fresh air going in at the same time. But still, its not the perfect technique and not very satisfying. I must find a better way to make this work.

@NayiZindagi here's the link to the j hook I got. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVHJP6W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but you may find more if you just Google "14mm glass J Hook". I love mine.

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Nayi, have you tried using a small bubbler w/without water—I find it a satisfying, cooling experience.
Your lungs may be more sensitive than others.

Infuse the hot vapor with some cooler air, the effect is
a combination of dilution, and cooling, should minimize on the coughing.

72IkaKp.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

@stark1 I use my j hook most often as it's the most convenient, but I also use a water piece that's never been combusted in without water. I've stopped using water altogether.

It does all the cooling I need, no mess, can't spill anything and I like the way it tastes and the way the reclaim looks. It's much better than when I've used water. And once I reclaim the stem milk a quick wash in PBW and they're sparkling clean.

beyond6strings

I saw those after I ordered mine. And @NayiZindagi I just got an email that Grasscity has a 20% sale on glass. No code needed.

trfe

Do you think it’s the temperature? Vapor is far cooler than smoke.

I guess it’s worth a shot though just to cross it off the list.

So the Vapcap M fits right into all of the j-hooks you mentioned?

The right type of adapter for the M would be 14.5mm Female ?

NayiZindagi,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@stark1 I use my j hook most often as it's the most convenient, but I also use a water piece that's never been combusted in without water. I've stopped using water altogether.

It does all the cooling I need, no mess, can't spill anything and I like the way it tastes and the way the reclaim looks. It's much better than when I've used water. And once I reclaim the stem milk a quick wash in PBW and they're sparkling clean.

I got (the) one from Underdog

Yes, clean glass is nice

HbtqPIp.jpg

Godspeed

Sounds perfect for me. Besides cooling quickly is there any other reason the OmniVap works better for your needs than other models?

@trfe - The only other portable I have is the Firefly 2 which I haven’t used in a long time.

The Ti Omni is easy to use, clean, and is small and sturdy.

The Firefly 2 works as designed, but I must use considerably more flower and the ‘high’ to me seems somewhat blunted. Cleaning it you must be careful to keep ISO off the the gasket, you must stir every few tokes which can be messy, it is larger than the Omni, and if you drop it the possibility of breaking it is high.

trfe

@trfe - The only other portable I have is the Firefly 2 which I haven’t used in a long time.

The Ti Omni is easy to use, clean, and is small and sturdy.

The Firefly 2 works as designed, but I must use considerably more flower and the ‘high’ to me seems somewhat blunted. Cleaning it you must be careful to keep ISO off the the gasket, you must stir every few tokes which can be messy, it is larger than the Omni, and if you drop it the possibility of breaking it is high.
I’ve considered the firefly 2 in the past but was always swayed by mixed reviews.

Do you have an M or just the Omni?

trfe,

trfe

STUPID IDEA ALERT:

Since induction heaters are all the rage. Could you take certain electric vapes and make them act as a heater for the VapCap?

Take a Vape, insert a vapcap into the oven, set it to the lowest temp setting, remove vapcap when you hear a click!

Thoughts? It probably wouldn’t work...or would it?

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
STUPID IDEA ALERT:

Since induction heaters are all the rage. Could you take certain electric vapes and make them act as a heater for the VapCap?

Take a Vape, insert a vapcap into the oven, set it to the lowest temp setting, remove vapcap when you hear a click!

I had the same idea some days ago, ehat if Id insert the vapcap to my arizer air instead of the stem.
I did not tried out because thats really stupid idea alert :D
But im still curious :D

shredder

Sounds perfect for me. Besides cooling quickly is there any other reason the OmniVap works better for your needs than other models?

The main thing that's exclusive to omni's is the adjustable condenser. It is also DV's most expensive vape, so the adjustability comes at a price. Your options with other DV vapes are to have a wide open carb that you control with your fingers, or a closed carb hole.

Lately and with herb I use the carb hole closed, so in that style, or in a wide open carb any DV vape with a ti tip should function exactly like an omni. So you have to determine if that extra adjustability is worth the extra price. But DV vapes are all under $200, so compared with other vapes out there, I think the whole DV line up are good values.

Last edited:

trfe

The main thing that's exclusive to omni's is the adjustable condenser. It is also DV's most expensive vape, so the adjustability comes at a price. Your options with other DV vapes are to have a wide open carb that you control with your fingers, or a closed carb hole.

Lately and with herb I use the carb hole closed, so in that style, or in a wide open carb any DV vape with a ti tip should function exactly like an omni. So you have to determine if that extra adjustability is worth the extra price. But DV vapes are all under $200, so compared with other vapes out there, so I think they're all good values.

And I think that price is around $77.

If I wanted a lower temp hit, I’d probably keep the air hole open right?

Looking to pick up my first vapcap in the next week or so. It will
most likely be a NonaVong XLS.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Ahhhh! What an idea!
STUPID IDEA ALERT:

Vth8TCl.jpg

You could try, Bud. Nothing ventured......

PS hint, it will work. With the right setup

———————————————————————

I had the same idea some days ago, ehat if Id insert the vapcap to my arizer air instead of the stem.
I did not tried out because thats really stupid idea alert :D
But im still curious :D

I might be able to save you the trouble.

The Air heater aperture is a bit wee wider than the diminutive 10mm OD of your VapCap, so
You wait

And wait. Wait for the click.

In the end, you wait for the click. Wait...

Etc...

It may work with a heat sink adapter. But I am a lay-zee lizard.

Besides, I have an IH.

Last edited:

shredder

And I think that price is around $77.

If I wanted a lower temp hit, I’d probably keep the air hole open right?

Looking to pick up my first vapcap in the next week or so. It will
most likely be a NonaVong XLS.

Yes the extra air cools your hits.

Good choice, the vong style allows easy peasy water hits, plus the extra length of the XL keeps the vape sleek looking. Looks and function, win win. If I only had one that is the one I'd pick.

Mr.Sifter

Hash wrapped in hemp fibre needs longer heatings. ok.
lets say 1-2´ after the click.

how can you tell that you have combusted hash?
herb is quite easy to see and smell.
it gets black AND grey and falls into dust-small particles when touched.
not to mention the smell. disgusting.
worse than combustion that one knows, somehow.

what about hash?
I know there are different varieties out there. From black and oily to golden kief sift.
Is there an indicator to tell if you overdid the heating ?
especially darker hash is hard to inspect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom