kushkush

happy camper....
I routinely stow my VC after two or three hits, especially when out and about. Usually come back to two or three more hits whenever I'm ready. That's one of the reasons that i always leave the house with pre-packed VC's. Depending on my time away, I can go with two to four, with a doob tube in case I need a reload. Two torches for redundancy. All packed in the outer pocket of a very manageable shoulder bag that I've been using for years.

As far as a VC for concentrates, I think that all they really need to do is get some properly sized SS mesh filters. I and others have fashioned such a thing out of Crafty/Mighty liquid pads, just would be nice to have a small stash of perfectly sized ones.

And lastly, there is no mercy in the speed and breadth of this thread. Hang on and keep reading!

Do you ‘waste’ the forth session if you don’t use it right away? If not, how many sessions does it take to get a little vapor from that 4th session that didn’t happen?

And you’re right. There’s no mercy here! You have to be a speed-reader to keep up! :D

I think the Firefly 2 concentrate pads are better sized for the dynavap. I used one and didn't have to cut it just squeeze it down to size.

So do we need to buy those pads online or can we get those from local shops of some kind?

szai

Do you ‘waste’ the forth session if you don’t use it right away? If not, how many sessions does it take to get a little vapor from that 4th session that didn’t happen?

And you’re right. There’s no mercy here! You have to be a speed-reader to keep up! :D

So do we need to buy those pads online or can we get those from local shops of some kind?

Hard to say without knowing the exact shop you're referring to but it's unlikely you'll find them in stores. Unless of course your in a legal state. If you're in a legal state your can get either ff2 concentrates pads or the ones that storz and bickel make for the crafty and mighty.

shredder

I use s and b pads for concentrates. I roll them in my fingers untill it's a long cylinder that can fit into the tip's chamber. Be patient it takes a while. Then I worry off a small chunk, again with my fingers to seperate it without cutting it, or if I need to i cut very little. If you cut a lot you'll get a lot of tiny pieces of wire all over.

To use it with concentrates I try to keep the mesh just under the tip's upper lip, so the cap isn't sitting on concentrates. To load I heat the tip with the pad in, but without the cap for a few seconds, then melt in the concentrate on the warm pad.

I heat the cap slightly longer than i would for herb. And I prefer to use the carb as intended not closed like I do with herb.

If you use it a lot with concentrates it will get dirty a lot faster than everyday herb use. You'll know when you hear slurping on inhales of concentrates in the condenser that it needs cleaning. If I use concentrates exclusively I clean it every 4-5 days, or about 3-4 times more than vaping herb. To clean the condenser I push a small bud or hemp fiber through the condenser, and save the oil for vaping. I finish with hemp fiber in alcohol, then I push a dry hemp fiber load through.

I clean the tip with ISO alcohol and q tips. The screen I torch clean. The mesh pad I soak in iso and if it's still not clean I soak in pbw overnight, then rinse very well.

Anyway it works just fine for concentrates, but it does get messy. Oh and I recommend storing it tip up so concentrates don't get in the cap. I've ruined one by letting get gunked up and then it stopped clicking. But it works better than a lot of pen type concentrate vapes. IMHO

kushkush

happy camper....
Hard to say without knowing the exact shop you're referring to but it's unlikely you'll find them in stores. Unless of course your in a legal state. If you're in a legal state your can get either ff2 concentrates pads or the ones that storz and bickel make for the crafty and mighty.

I’m in a legal state but I think I may call some head shops first. Thanks.

I use s and b pads for concentrates. I roll them in my fingers untill it's a long cylinder that can fit into the tip's chamber. Be patient it takes a while. Then I worry off a small chunk, again with my fingers to seperate it without cutting it, or if I need to i cut very little. If you cut a lot you'll get a lot of tiny pieces of wire all over.

To use it with concentrates I try to keep the mesh just under the tip's upper lip, so the cap isn't sitting on concentrates. To load I heat the tip with the pad in, but without the cap for a few seconds, then melt in the concentrate on the warm pad.

I heat the cap slightly longer than i would for herb. And I prefer to use the carb as intended not closed like I do with herb.

If you use it a lot with concentrates it will get dirty a lot faster than everyday herb use. You'll know when you hear slurping on inhales of concentrates in the condenser that it needs cleaning. If I use concentrates exclusively I clean it every 4-5 days, or about 3-4 times more than vaping herb. To clean the condenser I push a small bud or hemp fiber through the condenser, and save the oil for vaping. I finish with hemp fiber in alcohol, then I push a dry hemp fiber load through.

I clean the tip with ISO alcohol and q tips. The screen I torch clean. The mesh pad I soak in iso and if it's still not clean I soak in pbw overnight, then rinse very well.

Anyway it works just fine for concentrates, but it does get messy. Oh and I recommend storing it tip up so concentrates don't get in the cap. I've ruined one by letting get gunked up and then it stopped clicking. But it works better than a lot of pen type concentrate vapes. IMHO

I need you to do a video of your making your mesh fit. ;) Good info though. Thanks to you too! :)

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
I've ruined one by letting get gunked

Is it possible to ruin the clicking mechanism with cleaning?
I only cleaned once my recently purchuased M but I saw something, when I cleaned with hot water and dishwasher gel ( It works pretty well, equally to ISO or PBW, the key is the hoz water).
BUT:
When finishing the cleaning I used Qtips to get out the remaining water drops and at the bottom of the clicking cap tiny amount of water came out. I just torched the clicing cap to be sure to evaporate all the renaining water between the two sides/walls off the magic clicking cap.

So, can the clicks stop to work if I repeat this kind of cleaning in the long term?

szai

I only cleaned once my recently purchuased M but I saw something, when I cleaned with hot water and dishwasher gel ( It works pretty well, equally to ISO or PBW, the key is the hoz water).
BUT:
When finishing the cleaning I used Qtips to get out the remaining water drops and at the bottom of the clicking cap tiny amount of water came out. I just torched the clicing cap to be sure to evaporate all the renaining water between the two sides/walls off the magic clicking cap.

So, can be the clicks stop to work if I repeat this kind od cleaning in the long term?

He is referring to letting it get gummed up by running concentrate. It leaked from the bowl into the cap and damaged the mechanism.

However you're not supposed to soak the cap either.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
one way you could toast a cap is getting concentrates or other liquid organics that can burn in the discs. It forms a carbon sponge that can be hard to remove. I've been able to smash the carbon out by tapping at it with a chop stick while the cap was flat on my desk. Whenever I get stuff in my caps I clean them out with solvent, burning out could cause your cap to never work again.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm sure you could. I'm not saying you will, but you certainly could.

Other than tapping a cap on a hard surface to loosen up what seemed to be a sticking clicker or blowing into it or wiping off some soot, I have never serviced or cleaned any of my caps. Short of getting something visibly stuck inside the cap I don't imagine I will. I can't see how water would be good for it, tho it might just evaporate off. Not knowing the material of the clicker disks I don't know if they might rust.

I might have a different experience if I used concentrates in my VCs. I haven't tried that yet.

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
The latest from my man @stardustsailor
What is there to be said?
The man does beautiful work!

kts4xnh.jpg
I have a friend in Thailand who is a jewelry manufacturer and dealer. Two days ago I sent him pics of the VC from DV and Squiby's pics of her collection, thinking that he could manufacturer silver and gold and gold-plated fittings for the VC. This is much nicer--and perhaps! more expensive--than the simple things he and I talked about. Just beautiful! I loved the hammered ferules on the stem ends.

mucsusn

60 going on 20

“Whenever I’m ready”. No wasting, in the context of a few hours or even overnight, I get good hits during a second session.

I have a local head shop that stocks both FF and S&B parts, but easy enough to order from FF direct.

Godspeed

I just have a couple questions....plus one........

1) What do you do with that 4th ‘session’ if 3 does the trick and you want to save the 4th? I can get good vapor with the 4th but often don’t need it. So....do I just reheat it once later in the day and hope for the best or do you need to heat it more than once to get vapor? Or do you have to just treat it as spent?

2) Does anyone think that Dynavape will ever make us a vapcap just for concentrates? Or make a concentrate pad or capsule for our current vapcaps? I really need some effective non-messy way to use concentrates in my M and Omni.

3) Can you guys please slow down! I am 11 pages behind and having an awful time keeping up! So, could you all stop posting for a few days to let me catch up and then if you want to post, message me first and ask if it’s okay? Am I being unreasonable? If so don’t yell at me as I’m just not in the mood! :doh: :bang:

@fcmember - I microdose and usually consume my daily dose of .07mg of flower over the period of several hours. That is why I love the OmniVap as it is a true on demand vape. Take a toke when you want and the rest of the flower will be waiting for you when you need another dose.

The Titanium OmniVap cools quickly so that your flower is not degrading like session vapes.

I also start heating the cap at the Top and work my way down to the bottom over four heating cycles.

With regards to a DynaVap specific concentrate pad, George emailed me several weeks ago indicating that they are working on one and it should be available in the near future.

I think a good name for it would be the Dyna-Trate-Pad.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Good morning Dynavapers. Waiting on shipping confirmation from DV on a parts order-hope it ships soon as I've used their 'add-to order' option to quintuple my original order. If they don't ship fast I'm not gonna have food money for March.

A question to the hive mind here. How do you clean your screens? And how are the stainless steel screens different from the Ti screens?

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. It sounds kinda like this:

Cheers

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Good morning Dynavapers. Waiting on shipping confirmation from DV on a parts order-hope it ships soon as I've used their 'add-to order' option to quintuple my original order. If they don't ship fast I'm not gonna have food money for March.

A question to the hive mind here. How do you clean your screens? And how are the stainless steel screens different from the Ti screens?

Cheers
Your harp guitar with the sound hole by your ear is among the most beautiful works of luthier art I've ever seen. Yes, there are more elaborate guitars, but the woodwork is just stunning. I went to your site and read about your guitars, made from re-claimed sunken wood. Amazing. I'm a big Michael Hedges fan. And you are a fan of gorgeous polished wood, whether for sound or mind!

szai

Cheers
I usually just soak in iso or wipe with an iso soaked cotton ball. I've torched my ti screen a couple times too.

trfe

@fcmember - I microdose and usually consume my daily dose of .07mg of flower over the period of several hours. That is why I love the OmniVap as it is a true on demand vape. Take a toke when you want and the rest of the flower will be waiting for you when you need another dose.

The Titanium OmniVap cools quickly so that your flower is not degrading like session vapes.

I also start heating the cap at the Top and work my way down to the bottom over four heating cycles.

With regards to a DynaVap specific concentrate pad, George emailed me several weeks ago indicating that they are working on one and it should be available in the near future.

I think a good name for it would be the Dyna-Trate-Pad.

Sounds perfect for me. Besides cooling quickly is there any other reason the OmniVap works better for your needs than other models?

Top Bottom