kushkush

happy camper....
@fcmember - I microdose and usually consume my daily dose of .07mg of flower over the period of several hours. That is why I love the OmniVap as it is a true on demand vape. Take a toke when you want and the rest of the flower will be waiting for you when you need another dose.

The Titanium OmniVap cools quickly so that your flower is not degrading like session vapes.

I also start heating the cap at the Top and work my way down to the bottom over four heating cycles.

With regards to a DynaVap specific concentrate pad, George emailed me several weeks ago indicating that they are working on one and it should be available in the near future.

I think a good name for it would be the Dyna-Trate-Pad.

A real Dynavape concentration pad....that gives me hope! :)

Can you please tell what kind of J hook are you using?

I honestly feel that my coughing has to do with the temperature of the vapor. I either need to find a way to cool it, or heat it less to begin with..but without sacrificing the satisfaction or quality of the vape.

I am using the hemp fiber filter and doing mouth pulls only, but still, at times maybe the vapor is too hot. I find that I dont cough as much if I do the mouth pull, and then inhale with my mouth open so that theres a lot of fresh air going in at the same time. But still, its not the perfect technique and not very satisfying. I must find a better way to make this work.

Seriously, google “Vapor Lung” and make one of those. And look on YouTube. I find the vapor plenty cool and very easy to see. That Vapor Lung is like having a $4 Volcano vaporizer...really unbelievable. Good luck finding a cooler vape...that’s just what I needed too.

Hash wrapped in hemp fibre needs longer heatings. ok.
lets say 1-2´ after the click.

how can you tell that you have combusted hash?
herb is quite easy to see and smell.
it gets black AND grey and falls into dust-small particles when touched.
not not mention the smell. disgusting.
worse than combustion that one knows, somehow.

what about hash?
I know there are different varieties out there. From black and oily to golden kief sift.
Is there an indicator to tell if you overdid the heating ?
especially darker hash is hard to inspect.

If you can see the vapor, you can tell the difference between that vapor and ‘smoke’....when combustion happens you will know what I mean. The smoke is obvious and curls around and around...you don’t see that happen with vapor. I wasn’t sure that first time so I inhaled and was very sorry I did. Won’t let that happen again!

szai

could you tell hash combustion from the used hemp fibre ?
Yes you can it'll taste like ass when it combusts. You know how you know at the first inhale if an overheat that there's a too much vapor and b or tastes burnt. Regularly used cooked hash like I passed a couple pages back sort of becomes dry. It stops being sticky.

What is your technique for it right now?

I bought a hoss glass j hook from biohacker. I like it a lot it's will built has these rings for grip and is nice and compact.

Here's a pic of mine from dailying the sv3 for about a week and a half.

V9L9r6g.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Not sure why we are talking about the S3 here, but one thing is for sure. I have no doubt it is a powerful vape. It is, however, one I would NEVER consider owning. Hot metal surfaces and I do NOT get along well and the cap of the VC is about as much hot metal as I want around me. Even when fully heated the VC cap cools quickly and isn't much of a burn hazard. The S3 would be WAY too much hot metal and way to slow to heat and cool.
I'll pass, thanks.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ah. Didn't mean to be critical, but those things scare me. Yeah, maybe I'm a wuss, but at least I am a wuss without 3rd degree burns... :o

I haven't really j-hooked my vcs. I tend to use them with my Lotus. I'll try it tonight.

I have tried a little waterless use of the D020 and VCs and other than the glass getting dirty faster I like it.

Mr.Sifter

Y

I sandwich a little bit of small hash pieces between to "pallets" of hemp fibre with the Ti screen on the 50% setting chambersizewise.

heating on medium to lower end of the cap.
first round approx 1-2´over the click.

on second heating there is very much instantaneous milky bubbler hit.
Normally I can draw the cap to the cool down click.
Not with the sandwich. Very very much vaporwise.

Hemp fibre looks good after 3-4 hits.
not brown, a little bit tanned maybe but definitely not burned/scorched.
amazing performance and great effect. maybe even a little to strong.

only a few crumbs from a little pice that was rolled to a "snake".
I dont think a 0.01g scale could weigh it

szai

Not sure why we are talking about the S3 here, but one thing is for sure. I have no doubt it is a powerful vape. It is, however, one I would NEVER consider owning. Hot metal surfaces and I do NOT get along well and the cap of the VC is about as much hot metal as I want around me. Even when fully heated the VC cap cools quickly and isn't much of a burn hazard. The S3 would be WAY too much hot metal and way to slow to heat and cool.
I'll pass, thanks.

Don't look at the supreme or flower pot threads then hehe. I stopped dailying the sv3 yesterday as soon as I jerry rigged an ss screen for my omnivong.

I haven't used my omnivong with it but am anxious to try it. I have to make stem milk first! I tentatively tried yesterday but aborted before any chance of steak or resin in my vong. I think I might have the last Ebony omnivong made. They made it with the hat piece they had to replace my first one which wasn't sealing properly.

I sandwich a little bit of small hash pieces between to "pallets" of hemp fibre with the Ti screen on the 50% setting chambersizewise.

heating on medium to lower end of the cap.
first round approx 1-2´over the click.

on second heating there is very much instantaneous milky bubbler hit.
Normally I can draw the cap to the cool down click.
Not with the sandwich. Very very much vaporwise.

Hemp fibre looks good after 3-4 hits.
not brown, a little bit tanned maybe but definitely not burned/scorched.
amazing performance and great effect. maybe even a little to strong.

only a few crumbs from a little pice that was rolled to a "snake".
I dont think a 0.01g scale could weigh it

I wonder why my hash needed torching first. Biohacker tried torching too but I think he stopped after he figured something else out that worked for him.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@Mr.Sifter aren't these vapcaps amazing? I have a concentrate vaporizer, built just for vaping concentrates and my Omnis are so much better at providing tasty vapor and full extraction. I've been using your sandwich method both with hemp fiber and with flower, and it works well with both. I'm becoming increasingly convinced that my lungs don't like the hemp fiber so I'm really happy the cannabis/concentrate sandwich works.

And I was very happy to find out that my DV order's status has changed to shipped. This order should keep me happy for a couple of months-it better or I'll have some explaining to do to with the missus. It's an order of parts, standard and xl condensers, a light wood Vong stem, three tips, a couple of caps and a bunch of screens.

I got my glass cutter in the mail today and expect the borosilicate tubes in tomorrow's mail. I also picked up my baritone guitar after not having it for over 3 months. I have some wonderful WiFi and AK-47 with some Boss OG concentrates. It's gonna be a fun weekend.

My weekend might sound a little like this:

Shannock

Ok, but some hash is black to begin with.
And I broke it in so small pieces that it is difficult to inspect after vaping.

such a ridiculous small amount.
Some folks have more dirt under their fingernails.

@Mr.Sifter I think as long as you stay within a couple of seconds of the click you will definitely not combust hash with the VC, the massive release of VAPOUR is because hash is a concentrated form of our beloved herb but your VC does not know this, so when temp is reached it tries to release all the goodness at once as it does with herb.

I happen to agree that this can be overwhelming at times so I restrict hash and the like to water filtered only.

:peace:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yes you can it'll taste like ass when it combusts. You know how you know at the first inhale if an overheat that there's a too much vapor and b or tastes burnt. Regularly used cooked hash like I passed a couple pages back sort of becomes dry. It stops being sticky.

I bought a hoss glass j hook from biohacker. I like it a lot it's will built has these rings for grip and is nice and compact.

V9L9r6g.jpg

You do know that aluminum is hydrophilic, unlike Ti it causes clumps in your
Brain, (eventually) causing something known as Alzheimer’s, Hoss.

GL!

Eh, what was that you said?

Unlike VapCaps. :evil:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
jcWPESR.jpg

New 7-fin vs old. The machining is immaculate.
Those are a VERY pretty stem and vong as well. I would be surprised if there is much difference in performance, but they will probably pick up less stuff between the fins. The additional groves in the fins MIGHT increase airflow but the difference would be minuscule I would think. Looking forward to a report. Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday.

Quint

Compared performance dynamics between the two? :spliff:
I imagine they'll be extremely similar. The newer 7-fin does have ever so slightly better airflow. It looks like the groves around the bowl on the new 7-fin are a bit deeper. In real world use, I can't imagine they'll perform any differently though.

The one major change is the fins, they look crazy cool while you spin it.

Those are a VERY pretty stem and vong as well. I would be surprised if there is much difference in performance, but they will probably pick up less stuff between the fins. The additional groves in the fins MIGHT increase airflow but the difference would be minuscule I would think. Looking forward to a report. Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday.
Thank you! @Ed's TnT does some amazing work.

yfOfOkP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Looking forward to the reviews on the new tips.
I already like mine better than the Ti stock.
Scrap wood normally but thanks to a little Ti top hat that fits in the wood it's a usable stem.
Anything Art Deco with fins will get my attention. Getting the right width to have it looked streamlined like a lot of design from that period. @phattpiggie You might want to do a search for 'Art Deco pipes' and Esty and check out the ideas,:cool: since you can work with metal and have an appreciation for other pipe styles. A site I just found. ->:drool: SMOKING METAL TOBACCO PIPE COLLECTORS & FANATICS

New 7-fin vs old. The machining is immaculate.
Guess the LEs are less dirt magnets as well. Would like an opinion besides my own.
The additional groves in the fins MIGHT increase airflow but the difference would be minuscule I would think.
Perhaps your right? I think they are intentionally notched and flared the end as well. There is less restriction and warmer vapor than the stock 5 fin Ti tips I purchased in NOV. Wonder if the airpath after the screen might hold some heat differently as well?

The cap clicks a little different also. Vapor feels more conditioned. Perhaps? Is the cap end of the tip slightly larger? Flared more?

Really trying to decide how much precision work can affect a vape on that scale. Making notches and deeper groove paths plus considerations for mass have been altered. And my 7 fin LE seems like a different jet. Enough that I prefer it. Could be a honeymoon thing?

szai

Oh my ......... suddenly feel very envious- I only ordered the Ti MP rather than the limited tip as I already own the original lusted after 7fin but that is something else! (I'm sure the fine stems have something to do with that but I feel the same way about all of @Ed's TnT work!)

:peace:

I'm kind of suffering from a peculiar form of vas. I actually prefer the look of the 4th Gen tip but I regret not buying one?

what would happen if I decided to use a vapcap M without the condensor tube? And would the effect / damage!? be worse if using a M with a wooden body without a condensor tube?

im just curious..
I don't think anything bad happens just probably a pain getting wood clean of resin?

Top Bottom