Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

freddiegibbs

One of the things I appreciate most about the Peak (when it works) is the lack of downtime between hits. The ability to immediately pass to a friend to take their dab, and the only work you had to do was swab and then drop your material in. How does the Switch fare in this regard?

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
One of the things I appreciate most about the Peak (when it works) is the lack of downtime between hits. The ability to immediately pass to a friend to take their dab, and the only work you had to do was swab and then drop your material in. How does the Switch fare in this regard?

Glad you asked! With the Switch you can keep heating and passing around. The unit is built with a cooldown cycle if the unit gets too hot internally it will flash blue for around 1 minute before being able to use again. This will happen after roughly 15-20 or so back to back to back hits with the ceramic nail and roughly 6-10 with the quartz nail depending on temperature (Enough to get a whole room where they need to be :brow:) Now moving on to the heat up time. The unit recognizes how hot the nail is if the first heat up time took between 3-6 seconds depending on temperature, you can expect the next persons heat up time to be 2 seconds or under!

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Dr.Dabber,

4. Thermal mass of the heating element can be precisely controlled.
12. Heating element are easily replaced or changed as needed by different applications
13. Heating elements can be optimized for a specific application.
14. Heating elements can be quickly removed to prevent unwanted heat soak into surrounding components.

About the convective + radiative heating of a cannabic bowl, with some complementary conductive component, i'd strongly suggest exploring the integration of Curie alloys to items #4, #12 and #13; as for item #14 i believe there's a much more appropriate/convenient solution to "Heat Soaking" (or not) and that's to implement a "solid-state" airflow-actuated heat-valve.

For example, if i may:

2zs8wwl.jpg
jl45dt.jpg

That's how i personally conceive the "Shortest Path of Least Transformation". When idle the cannabic bowl would be partly isolated from radiative heat temporarily stored in a core's metal disc, with no convective component until inhalation begins, at which time the Top-of-Bowl separated by a Brass Screen shield is suddenly heat-soaked, exactly. No moving parts required.

As a bonus surrounding materials can have their specifications relaxed provided the "Heat Charge" matches the workload closely enough (wasting energy is a bad habit anyway!); once a toke got extracted residual heat in the core shall deplete rapidly, or even almost instantly if "PinHoles" (P1/P2) allow the Top-of-Bowl area to be cooled off directly with minimal distance and delay.

That later point seems essential in the exploration of alternative consumption methods beyond the reach of conventional slow "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers"... After all it can be tricky attempting to offer satisfying aroma/taste appreciation from a few tokes which only cost approximately 20 mg each from a ~125 mg bowl for crispy-dry flowers.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Egzoset,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
I'm skeptical it can comfortably fit nearly a gram of oil in a half inch quartz dish. I have a banger in front of me with nearly those exact dimensions.

Those are the 2 ceramic dishes that come with the unit, the quartz cup is slightly smaller, but can still handle quite large dabs around .6g (keep in mind those are preloaded numbers and unit is meant to be used in a traditional dabbing method for oil and only preload for flower)

Last edited:
Dr.Dabber,
Reactions: biohacker

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Looks like a Vapcap would fit in it, any one tried using it to heat a Dynavap? If it could there would be a lot more people interested in it than just dabbers.

LesPlenty,

freddiegibbs

Dang, launch should be right around the corner! I'm super excited. Watched some of @ohmygodimsohigh on ig live yesterday and I'm very interested to hear some more thorough info on his experience, especially with flower and with the learning curve on the different temp settings for oil. And for god's sake SOMEBODY STICK A VAPCAP IN THIS THING FOR SCIENCE :science:

@Dr.Dabber I don't suppose I could send some extra $ for overnight shipping?? ;)

Last edited:
freddiegibbs,
Reactions: Summer

ohmygodimsohigh

Looks like a Vapcap would fit in it, any one tried using it to heat a Dynavap? If it could there would be a lot more people interested in it than just dabbers.

It does work as a vapcap heater. I was hoping to have my preview video live today, but my youtube is locked down at the moment :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiaChUtFiLm/

Niiizy_503

Release day on these should be any day now... heard pre-orders from DD come with an extra quartz insert.. another site is offering a Dr. Dabber aurora set as the pre-order gift.. just got paid today, so every impulse is telling me to pull the trigger n get the pre-order done lol.. but the responsible part of my brain is telling me I jus spent $400 ona Peak, n another $200 on a Hydrology9, n that I should wait a bit.... hmmm what to do?!? a few demonstration vids of this beast in action might be all it takes to get me to ignore my responsible half, haha

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
@Dr.Dabber Does the Switch come with a travel case or just the box? Also is it made in the USA?

Just the box, but the box does have a handle and easy to travel with.

Release day on these should be any day now... heard pre-orders from DD come with an extra quartz insert.. another site is offering a Dr. Dabber aurora set as the pre-order gift.. just got paid today, so every impulse is telling me to pull the trigger n get the pre-order done lol.. but the responsible part of my brain is telling me I jus spent $400 ona Peak, n another $200 on a Hydrology9, n that I should wait a bit.... hmmm what to do?!? a few demonstration vids of this beast in action might be all it takes to get me to ignore my responsible half, haha

We will have a ton of function/demonstration videos coming this next week!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I took the Switch to a gathering this weekend and had my smoker friend try the herb mode. He’d already hit it for extracts and was sold, but I wanted his take on the flower char mode. I’ve tried to get him to switch to vapor before with the Solo and a SSV with no luck, so he’s the perfect candidate to see what a smoker would think.

He was floored. I thought the vapor was light and smokey tasting...not thick like smoke. He thought it tasted great and was hammered after a couple hits on 540. He barely coughed, and he coughs badly at everything. So I’ll say it again, this thing is absolutely perfect for people who smoke and dab. They’ll migrate to something that’s undoubtably healthier than smoking. After it was fully charred on 540 I dumped it out and showed him the remains. They were waxy and rolled around, nothing like the ash in his bong. We then finished one off at 700 and dumped it out, and that load was more like charcoal with hard little bits that looked like coal.

@JamesTiberiousKirk It comes in the perfect travel box for it. I pack it all up in there and take it to parties. Once unpacked it’s very easy to pass around, and it will definitely go all night long on a single charge. This thing is a party hero.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Seems to be a transportable device, but not a portable device.

No the opposite: it's portable as an around the house or to take to some kind of gathering, but not transportable in terms of stealth for an out & about vape.

So @stickstones, you provided a solid review via your friend's experience. The Dabber seems like it's right up there with all the recent great vapes that are being released. Vape technology has certainly started to come into its own this past year. It's a great thing. :tup:

JamesTiberiousKirk

Hey, I am not saying it is bad (don't own one... yet) but seems large.

I think the thing that got me interested was Troy's demonstration of using it as an IH for a vapcap. I will likely wait to see what DV comes up with for an IH solution.

But the VAS is strong.

@stickstones , sounds like a great party vape, and perhaps less awkward than a volcano

@Summer perhaps "transportable" and "portable" mean different things to each of us. But your point is well taken.

clukx

I wanna see the ABV from this thing so it burns the herb like a combusting and you can dab on it too, seems pretty cool just huge big device with a tiny little waterpiece on it lol it's not very proportionate at all

clukx,
Top Bottom