Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

MAbud

@Dr.Dabber can you give us the details on how the temp settings work? And are there different chambers for flower and concentrates? Need a bit more info before pulling the trigger

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
@Dr.Dabber can you give us the details on how the temp settings work? And are there different chambers for flower and concentrates? Need a bit more info before pulling the trigger
There are 25 heat settings ranging from 300-800 degrees and there are different dishes for flower and oil. Hope that helps!

Dr.Dabber,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
Awesome! Is it like a digital read out or app controlled? Just wonderIng how we see temps?
Different range of colors for different temperatures. Each color has 5 lights, so increments of 20 degrees.

@Dr.Dabber looks good.
What size are the inserts?
Will give exact dimensions later but can fit about .35g maximum of flower in the leaf dish and roughly .8g maximum oil in the oil dish. So they are quite big!

subway13029

The one I saw you put your dab in the cup/ insert and drop in the 50 mm glass joint..lol..and turn on and boom big ole hits..really sweet..

subway13029,

subway13029

No pics or vids here..lol..I was lucky enough to know a dude who knows a dude and was testing the puppy out..I really enjoyed it..much stronger than a boost type enail..never tried with flower..just sweet dabs..it held its own against a liger..liger had it beat in taste with fire concentrates but with some regular everyday wax I had hard time telling difference..

Niiizy_503

Have one of the pre-orders carted.. would love to see a close up vid of it in action before flipn the switch.. the Dabber on the carb cap appears to be glass which makes me a little nervous, a long skinny glass Dabber like that seams like something that may break off easily.

How heavy/sturdy is the base? With the glass bubbler attached, does it still maintain its balance well? The Boost had a major issue with tipping over, lol I swear a gust of wind from opening the would knock that thing over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Niiizy_503,
Reactions: Dr.Dabber

subway13029

It’s sturdy and built well..hs kind of hourglass shape..so it’s super sturdy with it’s beefy water tool..and it is glass dabber but it’s not skinny..seemed solid..

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
what?! Yeah were gonna need some pics or videos lol
We have a function video up on our instagram story right now, if you click on our logo.

.35 flower is a ton. Is there a smaller insert for micro doses?
.35 is the absolute maximum that should be loaded.. that being said, you can put as little as you'd like.

What is the carb cap with the Dabber tool extension made out of? Is that Dabber glass?
It is made of glass, but is very thick and durable. obviously dropping glass is dropping glass but we haven't had any issues with these during testing.

Have one of the pre-orders carted.. would love to see a close up vid of it in action before flipn the switch.. the Dabber on the carb cap appears to be glass which makes me a little nervous, a long skinny glass Dabber like that seams like something that may break off easily.

How heavy/sturdy is the base? With the glass bubbler attached, does it still maintain its balance well? The Boost had a major issue with tipping over, lol I swear a gust of wind from opening the would knock that thing over.
Check out our instagram story you should be pretty impressed! Also the unit is super sturdy, and well balanced. Any issues of past products of our own or in the industry as a whole was taken into account while designing this unit.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey guys...sorry I wasn't around to answer questions yesterday. Crazy day.

You can use this thing like a normal nail and load it while hot and race to the finish. I prefer to load it up and have it all put together and then relaxingly take my dab.

I've been using dab amounts of 0.1g, sometimes smaller. I have no proof, but I feel like it's more efficient with my extracts.

The base unit is stable and hasn't tipped over yet. When I hold it on its side is has a perfect balance from the middle. The only time I worry about something knocking over is when I have the glass bubbler off to the side. The unit itself is stable on its own and with the glass installed.

It's coming out of the gate with two Ti nails, one coated in black ceramic and one in white ceramic. I've been using the black one to test herbs and the white and quartz for extracts.

The dabber guys finally ran a Switch battery dry and got over 150 dabs off that one charge. I'm nowhere near that and honestly never charge it. At that rate, I could take four dabs a night and not charge for a month.

will post shortly!

Yes they will. Also pre-orders will include a quartz cup as the special gift!

I would take advantage of that! The quartz is almost all I use and has great taste.

I've got a ton to say about it and want to get some videos rolling as well. I've had an absolute blast testing it and playing with its potential. The tech in the base unit is so far ahead of anything else, and it's ability to quickly raise the temp has me constantly thinking of what we could do with it. This vape could have a very long shelf life and see all kinds of accessories and attachments made that tweak or even radically change the function.

For extracts, it's already my favorite thing to use. I load it up, turn it on, take my hit, and within a minute or two (depending on how slow I'm going) I've had a dab hit from cold start to cool down with no rushing or exposed hot parts. This is how @ataxian would dab...civilized! I've got a Liger here, a flowerpot, VB2, and a host of other really cool shit to dab with, and the Switch is so quick, easy, safe and fun to use that I bypass those and I haven't even found my favorite settings yet. The Liger has me spoiled for taste, so I don't use the ceramic nails much, but the quartz nail can get the taste I'm looking for. That nail takes about 10 seconds longer to heat up than the 3 second times for the ceramic nails, so if you prefer speed to taste you're covered.

Dry herbs is where things get really interesting. Let me start by saying the current configuration doesn't vape dry herbs in a conventional way like any other vape on this site (but I see no reason why it can't with the right attachment/accessory...I've already been thinking of ways to get a convection air stream going). I'll let the Dabber guys explain the science, but the herbs are at the bottom of a well with no air flow, limiting oxygen, and keeping combustion at bay while hitting temps above the combustion point. The vapor rises up and gets caught up in the carb cap's air flow. What's left behind is a bowl of herbs that have undergone pyrolysis...not ash. I've always avoided pyrolysis because it's a sign I'm about to combust and it has some smokey taste to it, but the Switch dances in this zone without fear of burning. It's completely new to me and I don't yet know what to make of it, but here's what I think it means for you. If you're a vapor purist and avoid the taste of smoke at all costs, you won't use the Switch for dry herbs much. It will come with some profiles that don't hit pyrolysis levels, but the carb cap adds fresh air to the stream and makes the vapor wispy (for mild hits it's fine). If you're a smoker, I think you'll fall in love with herb mode. It adds good vapor taste without abandoning smokiness, uses very little herb and technically isn't burning like a joint. There's a whole world of people out there who just dab and smoke, and this thing will make life better for them. If you're like me and love the vapor frontier and exploring, you might think it's really fun. I couldn't sleep the other night, so I went downstairs and loaded the Switch with dry herb. Then I set it on the highest setting (around 800f) and hit it twice...no ash, just a big bowl of black herbs. That was the perfect nightcap and I was out. I really think we are in new territory here, and Dabber is looking into lab testing to see what's really in the vapor we get from the dry herbs...I can't wait to find out!

But no matter where you stand on the dry herb issue, I keep telling people it doesn't matter. At $400 it's a no-brainer all day long even if it only does extracts. Everyone I've let dab off it wants to know when and where they can get one. And like I said, I haven't even got it fine tuned for me yet. There are so many profiles to try on this thing once you get into the Pro mode that you'll be entertained for a long time.

tepictoton

25% off site... So it says on instagram ... Only not on the switch ... Pitty...

tepictoton,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
25% off site... So it says on instagram ... Only not on the switch ... Pitty...
Yea unfortunately the Switch will not be part of the our sale but we are giving away a free quartz nail with the pre-orders. The rest of the site is 25% off and we have some really cool bundles!

Dr.Dabber,
Top Bottom