Customized vape setups

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah my blazemaster is 14 and I have a 12mm slider as well that works in a 14 in a pinch. I really don't have anything holding me back other than that. If I can talk Preston into doing a one peice bowl design of some sort built to specs to work with the wand I'm thinkin of maybe goin to 18.8. I also like the look of a bushing diffy a lil more but with an ash catcher I may need the extra length. I've neve used anything 18 and I'm sure it does clear faster with the bigger hole but wouldn't the diffy still be smaller in diameter than the GonG fitting so it would still be the bottle neck in the situation. Still can't hurt to have a bigger fitting on there. I'm probaly gonna make the step to 18.8 eventually though. I may have to put off glass plans until tax returns though. Snowboarding takes priority over glass. I got the essentials for now.

I did however just pick up 2 feet of stainless steel tubing and 3 cans of butane. Gonna try my luck with some bho. Gonna need to get a dome or a swing. Ahhh it's never ending!!

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
SM-I hear ya bud. My girl says I spend too much... I cut my collection back by quite a bit!

Minnesnowta-Guess you're right about the downstem lol. Makes a difference on fixed stem tubes not diffy tubes... my mistake. Well, regardless Preston makes em in 18/18 or 18/14 bushing style so whichever way you decide.. might as well go with the 14mm if that's whatcha got already.

I just picked up a dome and nail... hopefully I can snag a ti curve later!

aznfknpride,

CapnVape

stonemonkey55 said:
Next question, how exactly does a glass blower leverage a lathe. I understand how other machinists take advantage of a lathe but cant really contextualize how a glass blower can benefit from it. Any input would be appreciated.
Here's a vid of ITZA Joe doing a tube on the lathe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAH7n0jyMRY
Now imagine if Preston had one of those :brow:

CapnVape,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
CapnVape said:
stonemonkey55 said:
Next question, how exactly does a glass blower leverage a lathe. I understand how other machinists take advantage of a lathe but cant really contextualize how a glass blower can benefit from it. Any input would be appreciated.
Here's a vid of ITZA Joe doing a tube on the lathe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAH7n0jyMRY
Now imagine if Preston had one of those :brow:
Yes! Tree percs, flared foots (feet?), splashguards, ice pinches.. all that good stuff!

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
so I can totally understand how the lathe helps out with the construction of tubes but how does it help in making trees? Are the trees continually spinning just like the tube on the lathe?

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Nope trees are made out of it. The lathe is just used in the construction process. Tress are made the. Welded in I'm pretty sure

minnesnowta,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Last weekend's setup.

Using a weedstar pyramid bowl with a ring of silicone. Not perfect but pretty close to airtight.

Good times. :)

vtac,

Parker30

dscn0474x.jpg

Posted this in the herb grinder thread. But thought it should here too. I've been using this type set up for over two years. It takes skill and practice to use but easy to remake if broken. I use to have a 6" globe bulb but it broke and I haven't got to making a new one. It's important to have some kind of holder to set it down in too. A drinking glass works. When I started touched the hot bulb more times than I care to admit.

Parker30,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
light bulb vape!

Hey vtac what kind of grinder do you use?? That's quite a fine grind.

bluntfaced,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
yay! SGW stuff came today :D soon I'll have some oil to vaporize too... more pics of that setup later

Hedman Headies Circ AC with SGW mouthpiece
DSCN6253.jpg

skim vapor milk! PD was a little cold, it was too hot to turn off the ceiling fan lol.

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
sweet AC dude, how is that showerhead treating you? A lot of people tell me that the showerhead is their favorite perc/diff because of the crazy diffusion it can offer. Do you feel the same way?

An update on my end. The oversized GonG joints for my SGW Samurai Dub are still delayed so I ended up ordering a waffle bubbler from SGW to get here before Thanksgiving. It will be nice to have a waffle go along with my turkey and mashed taters

stonemonkey55,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Nah, it was one he had in stock. Didn't want to get anything with work cuz I'm probably going to sell it later lol. The circ hits nice, I don't have anything to really compare it to, but I love it... I think if it has a closed bottom it diffuses better.. I'll make better judgement once my VG circ bub arrives, that one will have a closed circ. The main reason why I like this AC is the spillover chamber.. Every AC I have owned has suffered from this.

Congrats on the waffle bub, I'm definitely going to pick up a waffle tube sometime soon. Trying to find a SG gridcap for now...

EDIT: I forgot to mention how jealous I am again... Lol.

EDIT#2: Didnt want to double post.. anyways, here's a shitty qwiso rip out of my dome and nail setup.. dabbed way too much lol, didn't get me very medicated and it tasted like shit, cant wait to make some BHO. You'll see some big bubbles come up from the bottom, that's from the pierced hole. The circs without the hole IMHO function better. Cant wait for my VG bub! :D

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
sweet second video! I can see what you mean about closing up the bottom hole to make the bubbles smaller. Vertigo makes some SICK looking showerheads, can't wait to see your bubbler when it arrives. I'm just as jealous as you are, so much glass, such limited funds, the glass lovers conundrum

Kinda wish I went with a Vertigo piece instead of the waffle but in due time, hopefully I will be able to accumulate both. You know what makes me jealous, that "go go gadget" modular bub that Vertigo made on the third page of his thread.

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Lovin the bubbles azn. I didn't know they did holes on the bottom of theirs. Seems like that's been goin on more. I read on GD that Preston was doin that with shower head diffys now which I had no clue he was. I'd want a closed one too.

SM- your still gonna wait for the samurai dub right??? That thing sounded way to epic to give up on

I'm actually tryin to get ahold of trikky to get a dome set. He won't respond to my pls though... :(

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yessir - Samurai Dub is paid in full so I am just waiting on that - the oversized GonG joints is the limiting factor here.

From what I was told, preston is sealing the holes on his showeheads, I can check in with him to make sure

I sent emails to vertigoglass, no response either....we are not in the "in crowd" like Azn yet :D AZN help us get membership!!! LOL

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Lol I thought anyone with the funds was in the crowd. :uhoh: Atleast Preston is easy to get ahold of. I still want to see him do a worked waffle. Seems amazing in my mind

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
LOL - you would think if you had the funds you'd be in but maybe we have to learn the secret handshake or something.

I was going to get a worked waffle but I really wanted the piece before thanksgiving so I went with all clear. My waffle removeable stem will be worked tho so when it's completed, you know who I'll be showing first!

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Awesome. I got a feeling I'm going to like prestons king over other peoples. But a gridcap king would be phenominal as well. So does he do the "waffeling" on the bottom of the bubblers or does he make a fixed stem bubbler with it facing up still??

I'm just gonna go with the keep bothering him untill he answers approach. I wish he had a direct email like Preston does. Makes things soooo much easier.

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Here's a sneak peek of the samurai dubb....not mine, one of the first protos

sgwkingdub.jpg

I tried to find a pic of how the waffle would look but it's basically a stemless design like the pic below except instead of an inverted showerhead, you will see the waffle

invcirc4.jpg

here's a pic of the waffle

picture014Medium.jpg

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yup that's kinda how I thought he'd do it. I've been seein more and more stemless bubs around. Still love the looks of the waffle. And they stack major bubbles. Samurai dub is lookin sick which is completly expected. I wasn't sure how he was gonna attach a gridded inline on there but I like the placement alot. Thing looks HUGE though. Should be a bunch of fun to cloud up.

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
SM55-Shit, you shoulda said something about the VG circ! He had one posted up for $275, just sold today... Plain clear and all but still a sick piece no less. I woulda grabbed it for you. I will tell you that you wont be dissapointed with the waffle though.. Everyone I talked to about it LOVES the fucking piece, said they'd never sell it.. but you know the glasswhores and how they do lol. So if you're gonna get VG circ later.. no biggy, you can get a nice worked one later hahaha.

The samurai king dub is fuckin ill'n, is it really gonna be that big? I was thinking more along the lines of the Andy D bub that fourty47 has for sale on FMB, you weren't shitting me when you said "King" lol. Itza glass makes some sick bubs, Henn has a regular 8 arm one, but now they're making circ dubs now with the oversized gong joints/removeable downstems...

I'm gonna go with the waffle tube, seeing that I have the VG circ bub coming... I think I'll be set on glass after that... LOL yeah right. I bought 4 slides today, I couldn't resist... I just gotta sell this damn Toro already, I want something new!

Minnesnowta-you looking for a worked dome or a regular dome? I can get you a clear dome with a Ti tipped nail for a good price (I'm not sure what he's asking now, but I can give you his email or something) but I paid $100 shipped, it's got nice and thick honalee joints, and it works GREAT! Dosa also does some good work, www.shinobiglass.com is getting a shipment of Dosa domes in soon, but they're only glass nails.

aznfknpride,
Top Bottom