Customized vape setups

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Sick. Get an SGW showerhead diffy for sure.. what's your diffy length? from the top of the ground joint down towards the bottom of the diffuser?

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
It's 5.5 right now but half an inch can come off easily. I don't think a shower head would even fit at 5.5 actually. The diffy is pretty much on the bottom of the beaker the way it sits now. I'm just gonna deal with it for now and save for a month or so then hopefully get a worked set wit a/c. Unless I can find a cheap upgrade for the time being

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I played around with the water levels in the LW bubbler and while I was able to increase chug, it also increased the drag quite a bit. It's hard to explain cause you would think, more chug should equate to more drag but for some reason, the hops inline is virtually drag free with a good amount chug.

With that said, although I do prefer the chug on the inline, sometimes you're in the mood for a smooth hum so it's great to have choices.

I really want to try one of those waffle tubes, the percolation and diffusion in those videos look like they match the showerheads and frankly, I just think it looks cool.

AZN - when are you expecting your new toy? Or are you still working out the specs?

stonemonkey55,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
You can order a 5.5 inch showerhead from SGW... Depending on where you like your water levels at, you can go a bit shorter but in turn your water levels will be higher.. Less overall volume in the tube at that point. Wanna borrow my 18/18 showerhead? It's only 4.75" from the top of the ground joint but I'll mail it to ya for a week or so as long as you promise to ship it back clean... Just so you can "try before you buy".

I feel ya SM... I've never hit a Hops bub but the AC I hit was sick. Yeah those waffle tubes look really cool and look like they flow REALLY well. About the new toy.. Fine, I'll spill it.. It's a circ bub by VertigoGlass. Just waiting on him to work out the colors for the worked sections. Here is an unworked version of what I'm getting. Look at that fucker stack bubbles!
EDIT: last link was bad, here's a new one lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3QKXVrafao

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Dude, that thing is stacking bubbles like no other. Just as funny is the movie going on in the background. The only bad thing about custom glass is the wait :uhoh:

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
If everything I owned wasn't 14.5 I'd take you up on that. Thank you for the generocity though. I'm pretty sure in three weeks I'll have enough saved. Any idea how much either a gridded inline or shower head a/c with mouth peice would run?? I guess I should probaly just email preston. I feel like a bother if I don't have all the funds lined up allready

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
minnesnowta - he charges an additional 75 to gridout the inline, hope this helps

stonemonkey55,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Got my hedman circ AC... just emailed Preston the specs I need for the mouth piece, should be great little bub.. would work great with a hose from the PD to the AC or with the oil dome I have. I want to try a Ti oil curve too. On a side note, anybody wanna buy a toro straight/8 tube? need some Sovereignty in my life...

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Why do you do this now???? a week ago and I woulda took that off your hands in a heartbeat. I'm gonna email him and get some prices

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
pssstt... Aero18...

here's a lux perc, I told you so:
7bfMI.jpg

aznfknpride,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
They make some sick pieces that are like Lego sets bro... Double jacketed inline to 4 arm perc with the stemless mouthpiece.. You should get a chublock stemless mouthpiece lol.

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
what is a chublock?

I've seen those insane lego pieces before! they are insane! I really like the building block, modular nature of their pieces. The one that I posted is the most complex one I saw on their site but in the past, I saw some that were several thousand bucks that fit your legoland description.

Damn, I really want this piece but I still haven't gotten my SGW bubbler yet. Perhaps I will place an order now, so it won't seem like such a long wait.

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Hahahaha is that a bad thing??? If I had the funds to throw around I'd probaly be just as bad. The inline set that's green they have on that site caught my eye. I'm still thinkin a pair of shower heads is what Ima do.

SM- There's a used a/c that's the same concept as that one just a regular inline instead of a harmonic on full melt bubble for less than that. It's fully worked and doesn't come with a mouth peice.

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
stonemonkey55 said:
what is a chublock?

I've seen those insane lego pieces before! they are insane! I really like the building block, modular nature of their pieces. The one that I posted is the most complex one I saw on their site but in the past, I saw some that were several thousand bucks that fit your legoland description.

Damn, I really want this piece but I still haven't gotten my SGW bubbler yet. Perhaps I will place an order now, so it won't seem like such a long wait.
Chubblock is a Sherlock adapter (with stemless function I think) as well as a chubbler in the neck of the mouthpiece so it adds two more points of diffusion!

After I figure out what colors I want for my VG bub (and sell my toro tube) I'm gonna pick up a waffle perc tube, but hopefully Preston has a lathe by then.

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Thanks for filling me in AZN but my next question is, what is a Sherlock adapter? Is that the mouthpiece that converts your AC into a bubbler? Is there a site similar to the Vaporpedia that defines all these different pieces?

Next question, how exactly does a glass blower leverage a lathe. I understand how other machinists take advantage of a lathe but cant really contextualize how a glass blower can benefit from it. Any input would be appreciated.

minnesnowta - Thx for the heads up on the piece on FMB but since I already got a HOPs Jagito, i was really looking for a jacketed inline

stonemonkey55,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Yes, that's the mouthpiece. That's where the "lock" in chubblock comes from, so I said sherly attachment.. Sounds more like Lego pieces that way :lol: idk about a glass-o-pedia, good idea though!

Glassblowers utilize lathes in making tubes.. Main thing I want is the normal flared base or foot of the tube.. Preston has champagne glass style bases right now.

EDIT: minnesnowta-that was part of a huge set too, it was called "The Green Forest of Diffusion" lol. I guess he bought it and parted it out but it was liste at $1200 on etsy.. I think it might suffer from a lot of spillover from the top perc. Not that big of a deal with vapors but the constant changing of water levels would piss me off lol.

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Finally figured out what a chubbler is, basically its just another way to run your vapor/smoke thru another chamber of water right? And basically a chublock, is a sherlock mouthpiece that contains that extra pocket of water right?

If this is correct, this is your prize for educating me - http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_13747517?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Minnsnowta - thanks for the heads up, that is indeed a badass piece and that guy has lowered his price quite a bit. I'll get my hands on a jacketed inline one of these days and I'll let you know how it hits.

how long have jacketed inlines been out, I rarely see people picking thse up

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah I was about to pick up the diffy of the set last night. If it wasn't 18 I'd go for it. I don't want to have to buy an adapter too. Meh I can wait. I don't use it much anyways :(

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
stonemonkey55 said:
Finally figured out what a chubbler is, basically its just another way to run your vapor/smoke thru another chamber of water right? And basically a chublock, is a sherlock mouthpiece that contains that extra pocket of water right?

If this is correct, this is your prize for educating me - http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_13747517?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Minnsnowta - thanks for the heads up, that is indeed a badass piece and that guy has lowered his price quite a bit. I'll get my hands on a jacketed inline one of these days and I'll let you know how it hits.

how long have jacketed inlines been out, I rarely see people picking thse up
Basically it's an ashcatcher.. that doesn't hang. Just goes straight up like so:
attachment.php4

Picture a mouthpiece coming out of one side and the joint the other... and that's a chubblock! Giant cali maki? Not my favorite but commendable for sure lol. The jacketed inlines have been around.. I've seen a couple go on FMB but I guess it's not as popular? I wonder what the drag is like..

Minnesnowta- what's keeping you from going 18 bud? Your vrip bowls are all 14? SGW sells the bushing 18/14 adapters that work like a champ.. milk up your piece on the smaller 14mm fitting, and instead of pulling out the 14mm bowl, pull the adapter and clear from the 18mm fitting, much faster IMHO.

aznfknpride,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I remember seein the Green Forest of Diffusion. That thing was ridonkulous! I remembering showing people and they were just shaking their heads in disbelief. That thing could be some weird art glass sitting on your coffee table without anyone being suspicious.

On a side note, my wife was saying that I've been accumulating quite a collection in that tone that lets you know that their is some sarcasm in her words. All I had to do was use her obsession of shoes as an analogy and that should be the last I here of any complaints. I've been hovering around having 4-5 pieces and pretty much have been trading up so I never have more than 5 pieces at a time

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom