• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cloud-chaser: Derogatory term or innocent classification?

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm of the exact same opinion, t-dub. I tried oils but very soon I realized that I was a flower guy for the exact reasons you so eloquently stated.

:peace:
Thanks Stu, I appreciate that :)

Edit: Oh and one more thing: I am sick and fucking tired of people calling me, and others, a "cloud chaser" I have serious pain management issues, I medicate heavily and quickly so that I can function, and I really think this derogatory term, and the labeling and grouping of people it has encouraged, has gone too far. A lot of you so called "medical" users don't even have a fucking clue as to what "functionally high" really means . . . what it means to medicate to reduce the pain to "enable" you to get out of bed for a while or to come home from chemo puking your guts out, exploding inside, needing instant relief . . .

Medical Mark

One caveat from a serious medical user that does not like the 710:

When I medicate with oil the effects seem "unnatural" to me. Never felt right ever. Not for pain or nausea or metabolic homeostasis, it just got me high and I still felt sick :(

Sure they are quick and strong THC, also taste like 30 weight, so I'm a flower guy. One thing to consider is what might be left in that oil and what taking it unnaturally out of the plant might be doing to it, and you. I am positive with proper extraction methods purity can be obtained, and maybe when they become more available I'll give them a try, but for now the Cloud and Devistator is my Rx . . . :peace:
Amen brother !
I totally understand I'm always being labeled and judged I'm a former pastor turned nurse try medically justifying my choice of medicine and the daily amounts I go through. Pot head, druggie , stoner, hypercrite , ya I've heard it all and all im doing is trying to feel better from daily nausea , and trying to control pain so I can function each day.(but people seem to be ok with all the morphine I'm on) lol
I chase effective relief, in the most healthy way.
And yes I am a cloud user also great RX

OF

The Cera vaporpedia page is coming along. Still needs work. For those who like to work on them feel free to fill in / move things around / make things flow better and look better.

For now the LL, EO and EL are all under 1 article. With some better formatting I think it can stay that way.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/ThermoVape_Cera

Looks great thus far PB. Thanks for getting it going, I hope folks will contribute. In that vein I sent you a PM, please contact me if it doesn't get through?

Thanks again.

Edit: Oh and one more thing: I am sick and fucking tired of people calling me, and others, a "cloud chaser" I have serious pain management issues, I medicate heavily and quickly so that I can function, and I really think this derogatory term, and the labeling and grouping of people it has encouraged, has gone too far. A lot of you so called "medical" users don't even have a fucking clue as to what "functionally high" really means . . . what it means to medicate to reduce the pain to "enable" you to get out of bed for a while or to come home from chemo puking your guts out, exploding inside, needing instant relief . . .

Wow, heavy stuff. As perhaps the leading 'offender' please let me comment? First off, I don't consider it a derogatory term, but understand the pitfalls there. Secondly, IMO you're clearly not them. Legitimate Medical use is different from a lot of 'I'm only interested in huge clouds, the vape XXX doesn't do it for me' sort of posts common here. I think maybe you do some a disservice in assuming folks don't 'know what real medical needs are', we are not all recreational users. In fact, that could be at the core of the issue here?

So I (and I think at least most others) mean no disrespect to you, or for that matter anyone including recreational users looking for bigger thrills. They are our Brothers and Sisters, they are just a different case from those of us who 'need' to take in XXX milligrams of THC for the medicinal effect we personally need at that point in time. Medical needs of course vary with each individual's tolerance and his needed effect. "Dose to effect" does not mandate 'huge clouds' however. You can get just as much THC with twenty 5 mg hits from an Omicron cart as from a single .1 gram nail dab....in fact more.

So what terms do you suggest?

TIA

OF

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Wow, heavy stuff. As perhaps the leading 'offender' please let me comment? First off, I don't consider it a derogatory term, but understand the pitfalls there. Secondly, IMO you're clearly not them. Legitimate Medical use is different from a lot of 'I'm only interested in huge clouds, the vape XXX doesn't do it for me' sort of posts common here. I think maybe you do some a disservice in assuming folks don't 'know what real medical needs are', we are not all recreational users. In fact, that could be at the core of the issue here?

So I (and I think at least most others) mean no disrespect to you . . . So what terms do you suggest?

Well, I appreciate the fact that I "may not be them" and maybe I was wrong to assume I was, however I find the term, and the way its been used in this community, repugnant. ALSO, it seemed to me that in this and other threads there was some "good ol' boy back slappin'" going on about how we all should be able to medicate with about two billionths of a gram of medicine and how anyone that needed more was a "cloud chaser" or "wasting vapor" on exhale or wasting meds in general. Thats the impression I got when I first saw this term and read those threads. I can assure you its been a source of private discussion since.

As to a suggestion: How about levels of need as a guide to nomenclature rather than stereotypical nicknames?

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well, I appreciate the fact that I "may not be them" and maybe I was wrong to assume I was, however I find the term repugnant. ALSO, it seemed to me that in this and other threads there was some "good ol' boy back slappin'" going on about how we all should be able to medicate with about two billionths of a gram of medicine and how anyone that needed more was a "cloud chaser" or wasting vapor on exhale or wasting meds in general. Thats the impression I got when I first saw this term and read these threads. I can assure you its been a source of private discussion since.

As to a suggestion: How about levels of need as a guide to nomenclature rather than stereotypical nicknames?
I'm not sure about the right "term" ... but there are maybe 2 categories of "Cloud Chasers" as well ... I personally like large Clouds both because it reminds me of my old smoking habit and, more importantly, because it quickly medicates me. 1-5 hits (ie. a few minutes) and I'm medicated and can resume my day. I don't have the 15-30 minutes to "savor" the session ... I need to get medicated quickly and efficiently. Others are maybe searching for Clouds just to get "higher" ... but that sure is not all of us.

Edit: just realized this discussion is probably in the wrong thread :)

2clicker

Observer
however I find the term repugnant.

youre affiliated with the VXH Cloud yet find the term "cloud chaser" repugnant?

i dont think anyone is trying to diminish anyones need to medicate. i always thought the term cloud chaser simply meant those who are looking for larger inhales... regardless of the reason why. IMO even recreational users are truely medicinal users due to the fact that they are enjoying the medicinal qualities of MMJ whether they know it or not. it improves overall quality of life for all who use it.

we are all playing for the same team right?

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
youre affiliated with the VXH Cloud yet find the term "cloud chaser" repugnant?
In the way its been used in this forum, yes. Its been used to imply sophomoric understanding on most issues regarding conservation of medicine, and to marginalize us on just about every other topic: "Weeeelll if your one of those cloud chasers . . ." I understand Cera LL might have a higher power core coming out, fine. Personally after my first naked dive in with TET, I'm chillin' on the sidelines for this one. Looks good though.

Edit: And with VapeXhale, I'm not chasing the clouds, they are well under my control ;)

crawdad

floatin
its only derogatory based on intent but id imagine some terms are simply more loaded than others based on your experiences. growing up i had a couple real good friends that everyone in school had certain labels for (to their face) and to this day i really hate those terms, irregardless of how its used as it brings to the surface the disgust i had for the situation since i knew how it made my friends feel...just a gut reaction i have to keep in check based on intent.

to me "cloud chaser" is just a label for someone who might be hitting a bit more than others at times (time keeps on slippin....), not necessarily associated with a "why". :2c:

:peace:

GR

So pot is going PC now?

Being I have been a user long before "medical marijuana" was a term I can't get all wrapped up in how it is labeled. I didn't need a court or scientists to tell me it was ok to use. It never bothered me in the 80s that smokers where looked at as jean jacket burn outs, fuck all those same hipocrits moved to the west and have their card now. Some of us stoners are the reason there is states that have legal medical marijuna and now legal marijuna, then there is the rest of the States that will lock you up for so much as looking at the stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I care very much for the medical abilities of this amazing plant, it helped my fater out a lot when he was dying and that is a man that beat the shit out of me when ever I was caught with pot as a teenager. I just don't care about terms like cloud chaser, I personally feel some of the strains names or terms used for bud are more degrading then being a cloud chaser. But since you brought it up I will try my best to pick my words more carefully Fuck, shit, and asshole are still ok right? (A lame attempt at humor)

Curiousone

i always thought the term cloud chaser simply meant those who are looking for larger inhales... regardless of the reason why. IMO even recreational users are truely medicinal users due to the fact that they are enjoying the medicinal qualities of MMJ whether they know it or not. it improves overall quality of life for all who use it.

we are all playing for the same team right?

I think some do use Cloud Chaser as a derogatory term...but I agree with what is summed up above

I think some people who have serious medical illnesses and use MMJ to treat them, want to be dissassociated with recreational users so that they are taken more seriously. In other words, not lumped together with the potheads, druggies, etc. I do understand this rationale; however, MMJ patients and recreational users should have access to this wonderful plant sans the threat of jail, loss of job, etc. We should not allow ourselves to be divided or it will take much longer to repeal the oppressive and prohibitive laws still present around the country.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
When I see 'cloud chaser' I think of huge hits, that resemble the clouds of Earth. :science:

No but really though, the mighty green leaf until modern science caught up to it, wasnt perceived (at least in the US) as a real legit medicine (post WW2). It was an outcast plant that got a bad rep. With vaporization and the breakdown of research etc, its getting taken seriously now. I.E - Legalization on the State Level. Its really a matter of who has the knowledge of what the effects are, can be. As a medical user, you are obligated to know what you are using. Every generation is gonna put they feet in the water, and some will take a swim and never look back. So I would just say dont take that stuff to heart because at the end of the day, you are ahead of the curve, and the people who label negatively are ignorant to whats inevitable. At least this is my opinion. Other then that, its an innocent label for people who love to see what they are inhaling. :)

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I have never used the term myself (IIRC) but I always thought of it as a way to describe someone who looks for large clouds on exhale (to show a large hit, or to show density of vapor from XXX vape) I can tell how effective a hit is going to be depending on how it feels upon inhale. The outcome isn't always a fat cloud but that is how I gauge it...

harmudge

I'm no cloud chaser as I can't afford it....lol...I wouldn't mind if I was though.
The mj here in the U.K is o.k but if you want to be blowing clouds your going to need deep pockets at £300 per oz.
People can call me what they will...cloud chaser etc and I don't give a hoot, as long as I'm happy who cares.

OF

Good thoughts, important topics.

Thinking a bit on it I'm still convinced there are a lot of very happy self identified "cloud chasers". They for sure aren't seeing that all that negatively. They know what they want, more than some folks you meet.

OTOH we don't want to offend our friends here. That's not at all in keeping with the goals of this Forum as I understand them. We're here to promote vapes, not chew each other up over how we choose to do that.

Personally, I'm not a fan. I enjoy several smaller hits more than one big one generally. While a lot of folks are like me, I know a others are not. I want to support their perspective, when they ask a question or make a statement it's no more or less valid than the next really. But offending others doing so is not good.

I also think there's some carry over here. We're not co-workers, family members or detractors in the community attacking MMJ use. I see how those under such attacks can become justifiably sensitive to things, but I see no evidence of that here, FWIW.

For now I'll pay attention to what others have to say on the topic but absent better a better term (and it seems we're really talking about a host of terms linking MMJ use to partying?) I'll continue to use the 'cloud chaser' term to refer to those vapists for whom big clouds is a 'requirement' and leave it to them as to why. I hope to remain sensitive to this issue and use it carefully and clearly in a non derogatory way and hope it's understood that way.

Thanks guys, food for thought for sure.

Best wishes to all my 'Forum buds', MMJ users with critical needs and recreational users alike. MFLB and stem vape fans to 'cloud chasers' of all stripes.

I'm no cloud chaser as I can't afford it....lol...I wouldn't mind if I was though.

Hey, just 'cuz a guy chases clouds doesn't mean he ever catches one, does it? I mean I hit on a lot of hot women when I was younger, but.......

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
When I see 'cloud chaser' I think of huge hits, that resemble the clouds of Earth. :science:

No but really though, the mighty green leaf until modern science caught up to it, wasnt perceived (at least in the US) as a real legit medicine (post WW2). It was an outcast plant that got a bad rep.

This is incorrect. Cannabis was a widely prescribed medicine in the 19th and early 20th centuries, in the US and elsewhere. Cannabis was used as medicine in China and Egypt thousands of years ago.

As for "cloud-chaser", I use it to refer to a specific type: the ex-smoker who seeks big clouds and used to advocate "cough to get off". I don't think of and would not refer to a medical user who needs large intake quickly as a cloud-chaser. In other words, when I use the word I usually mean it to be derogatory. Others obviously vary.

iamn3ko

Personally I would love to know how to take several small hits and feel alright.

I totally understand it works the same way, but I think it's a comfort level thing.

As for the cloud chaser thing, whatever happened to "people's preference", should I start judging someone because they take a puny tiny little 12 watt hit or something? Lol, pointless.

I never found it offensive, maybe a little looked down upon given some/lots/most here are on a complete vaporization route. Where as I still smoke cigarettes and have yet to find a "good enough" ecig (although I have been looking, and now don't get all sappy AA get clean from cigarettes on me now)

VapeStL

This is a cool discussion, one I expected to read upon joining FC. Seems like vaporizers are discussed more often than the act of vaping.

I'd like to offer a different perspective, being a newbie to modern day vaporizers, and someone in the throes of quitting cigarrettes. In a short amount of time I've spent a large amount of $$ on vaping, have yet to get an ecig juice cloud without an awful taste accompanying it though. Just my 2 cents, but the term cloud chaser probably comes from a # of different perspectives but some may be technology based. For me they are, because the vaping technology I've purchased thus far doesn't allow enjoyable clouds. I'm jealous & as was already mentioned the big clouds remind me of smoking cigarettes & cigars.

Are we really supposed to hold in our hits, regardless of what we're vaping? If so, this may not be knowledge that's common to many who don't frequent forums or live in states with dispensaries. I don't want to hold in ecig juice, and doubt I can hold an oil hit for very long, thanks to the omnipresent coughing fit after each dab.

And is it common knowledge that concentrate's should produce more clouds than herb, regardless of the vaporizer? Seems like folks are looking for clouds from herb to be as thick as the oil ones. I'm not sure this is possible just going off my experiences.

VapeStL,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
This is incorrect. Cannabis was a widely prescribed medicine in the 19th and early 20th centuries, in the US and elsewhere. Cannabis was used as medicine in China and Egypt thousands of years ago.

Got you on that part, thats why I said post WW2, I do know circa 1937 you needed to get a stamp to use I believe, but in purchasing the stamp you needed to bring your supply to the place where you would then be arrested. (didnt have a stamp for carrying it) LOL

But I wasnt going to go in deep about the history because we are in the 21st century, and the war on drugs is where we are socially in the US. (I can only say the place I know, I do know its been targeted though.) I do see that it will be legal eventually and that these states making it legal is setting the precedence for the change socially in our culture.

harmudge

have yet to find a "good enough" ecig (although I have been looking, and now don't get all sappy AA get clean from cigarettes on me now)

Off-topic...but here goes.

Get yourself a Provari...you will never look back.
I have been off analogues for about 6 months now and I'm not joking...the smell of burnt tobacco is disgusting.

IQgus28.jpg

Here's my set-up...Provari with a DID rebuildable atomiser.

harmudge,
Reactions: iamn3ko

djonkoman

to me, a cloud chaser is someone who needs to SEE a big cloud at exhale and/or feel more throatirrotation to get a satisfying high(due to placebo-effect or other psychological reasons, unrelated to the actual dose active ingredients)
I myself like to see some vapor at exhale too, although it doesn't have to be huge amounts, but it's just a more satisfying experience if I see at least some visible vapor. although at some ocassions a stealthy invisible vapor session can be great too, more subtle.
I don't see it as derogatory at all, although ofcourse it could be used like that.

but according to wgat you say I don't think I would classify you as a cloudchaser, since for you it's about the quick administration but not so much about the cloud at exhale.
but with things like this everyone's definition can be different

Top Bottom