sickmanfraud

My CFV stopped charging yesterday.

Am I the lucky winner? Anyone else with power issues (besides short battery life)??

Any ideas? Reboot procedure?

I have used the CFV numerous times a day since I got it.

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,

VapoShop

Retailer
Does this look like a [[ebay vendor]] Any known clones floating around?

I see they copied our product description and our (copyright protected) images (and slapped their own watermark over it). Ugh.

I'd steer clear of ebay sellers and go with a trusted shop (in the US) instead - as I doubt these guys would offer you good service in case of issues with your CFV.

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
My CFV stopped charging yesterday.

Am I the lucky winner? Anyone else with power issues (besides short battery life)??

Any ideas? Reboot procedure?

I have used the CFV numerous times a day since I got it.
Stopped charging? Did you 5 clicks to turn it off? Possibly try a new power cord. Mine stopped working after a week but I used a diff micro USB and it worked again. Hope it isn't a certain amount of hours till battery needs replacing. Although you ARE still covered under bndls warranty .. hit Eric up if you have any problems.

Eric@bndlstech.com

sickmanfraud

Stopped charging? Did you 5 clicks to turn it off? Possibly try a new power cord. Mine stopped working after a week but I used a diff micro USB and it worked again. Hope it isn't a certain amount of hours till battery needs replacing. Although you ARE still covered under bndls warranty .. hit Eric up if you have any problems.

Eric@bndlstech.com

Thanks for the reply. The screen shows charging, just never gets full.

I certainly have plenty of micro USB cables. Worth a try, but not feeling optimistic about this.

elykpeace

exVASted
Thanks for the reply. The screen shows charging, just never gets full.

I certainly have plenty of micro USB cables. Worth a try, but not feeling optimistic about this.
Shows charging but doesn't? Confused.. so when you plug it in does it charge over the first bar? Or are you referring to charging when there is only one bar left it just won't FINISH charging. Regardless have you tried firing it up

elykpeace,
I see they copied our product description and our (copyright protected) images (and slapped their own watermark over it). Ugh.

I'd steer clear of ebay sellers and go with a trusted shop (in the US) instead - as I doubt these guys would offer you good service in case of issues with your CFV.

I am inclined to agree. Seems rather shady.

turk

turk
...mine does same thing...difficult to finish charge...I ignore it...use it anyway ...

turk,

b0

Cloudy...
Just saw on reddit about the bubbler for this unit and I'm surprised no one is talking about it here! Looks pretty neat and interesting. If they keep a low price I'm probably ordering one to try.

Stupid UK customs have my unit and I'm traveling around North Ireland so I guess that no CFV for me until next year :(

Damn UK customs... I know the package it's declared properly to avoid then (thanks @PuffItUp) but lately they making pay everyone :disgust::cuss::rant:

b0,
Just saw on reddit about the bubbler for this unit and I'm surprised no one is talking about it here! Looks pretty neat and interesting. If they keep a low price I'm probably ordering one to try.

Stupid UK customs have my unit and I'm traveling around North Ireland so I guess that no CFV for me until next year :(

Damn UK customs... I know the package it's declared properly to avoid then (thanks @PuffItUp) but lately they making pay everyone :disgust::cuss::rant:

Bit off-topic, but is UK customs slow as hell? I've got something that's been stuck there for over a week now. Starting to wonder if it's ever going to clear and move again or if it's been compromised.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Cl4ud3

Bit off-topic, but is UK customs slow as hell? I've got something that's been stuck there for over a week now. Starting to wonder if it's ever going to clear and move again or if it's been compromised.
Busy time of the year and it seems to be a minimum 4 days wait with customs when they have a normal workload. Every package I've had in the last 4 months has been stopped and had customs payments before I can have it :( Had to pay extra for my Milaana and all the stems so far but still worth it.

b0

Cloudy...

I sent a complaint after I saw my package stuck 2 days just in case and they cleared it at 5th. It's funny, the package took more time to be cleared from customs than to come from Cali to London. And on top of that I know that the package is perfectly declared to avoid customs (like every package in the last 2 years) but in the last 2 month they have become much worse...

Now to keep this on topic, what's the consensus of the usual battery time? How many 4 minutes sesh are acceptable with a functional battery?

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks for all the answers guys!! so 5-6 should be the normal, good to know.

Just arrived home after the holidays and my black unit was here waiting for me. Took out the wood ring and put the ¿glass?¿boro?¿quartz? one and started the unit at max. Blowed some hot air from the bottom to be sure that the unit doesn't has any weird taste and it's clean and it's now charging.

Any interesting mods/changes to improve the experience with this unit? I'm totally new to the CF family :)

Edit: 5 four minutes sesh on the first charge. ABV not fully vaped after 2 sesh at max, tried with the glass ring first bowl (3 sesh trying temps: 180 first sesh, 200 second, max third) and another bowl using the Arizer Q screen instead of a ring.

Not too happy with the ABV right now, vaped it on my omnivap after CFV and still had a couple nice clouds. Gonna try again with the glass ring but using some more weed and tamping the load a bit.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The CFV really shines through water at max temp. Even so, I can usually get four 4 min sessions out of one bowl. Also, don't tamp down your load, you want it to be free for the air to flow through it. Have fun!
How do you connect it to a water tool?

I tried the Magic Flight whip...it works but I need to secure it with one hand.

My routine is one cycle at 210, another at 230, stir and a final at 230. Even like that abv is not fully spent but enough for my like..

edit: Forgotten to mention mine the FM Swift....

Last edited:
PPN,
Reactions: KeroZen

b0

Cloudy...
Well after a full day of testing (that's roughly 3 charges, 6 bowls and around 15 four minute sesh) I have to say that I like the vape, can work for what I want it but I'm not sure if it's a keeper or not.

I'm needing 3 sesh per bowl to extract as much as this vape can, but if I take the ABV from this vape on my Omni I can do 2 small cycles or put it in my EVO and take 2 small hits at 3 to finish the meds.

For the moment I'm gonna keep it and keep playing with it, it's a really nice device. But hope that the SS ring or the capsules help adding a bit of heat, sometimes I feel like this vape only needs like an extra 10% temperature to be perfect, maybe some conduction will do for me :)

Last edited:
b0,

b0

Cloudy...
Did you try doing a quick stir before the end?

I do after every 4 minutes sesh

Edit: Seems like if I tamp my load a bit, it really helps with extraction. Now I get to the point that there is only one finishing draw in other vaporizers, perfectly fine for a convection vaporizer like this. For the price I'm really happy with this unit and it's exactly what I was expecting (lame battery life sadly) but if there was a way to update the firmware for a 10% more heat it would be perfect for me.

Anyone know when the SS ring or the pods are supposed to come?

Next time I wanna try is to charge it with a battery bank, I have one with 5000 mAh, will that work?

Last edited:
b0,
Top Bottom