elykpeace

exVASted
@busa76 Eric said during the stream that most were mailed out today so they should be receiving them soon

Edit: cfv preorder

elykpeace,

b0

Cloudy...
Any other interesting news for our CFV? SS Ring? Bubbler? Pods? :D

Edit: Just saw this video on Reddit:

Anyone tried their crafty/mighty capsules in the CFV? Maybe they add that bit of conduction that can make the vape get that 10% temp I'm missing :)

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I did a temp test a while back to try and figure out why there seemed to be a little left in the herbs when done. Turns out the temp drops really quickly in the bowl after the hit, so efficiency is great. The con is that there is a decent part of the next hit spent reheating the load, so full extraction can be hard.

This is probably also why it fucking excels at being on a bubbler. The water pieces help us get that last bit out with powerful draws. I imagine a little more conduction would do it as well.

I hit this last night on my Pokeball bubbler and it really is perfect. It might be the perfect glass companion for convection vapor!

YungLeaner

I did a temp test a while back to try and figure out why there seemed to be a little left in the herbs when done. Turns out the temp drops really quickly in the bowl after the hit, so efficiency is great. The con is that there is a decent part of the next hit spent reheating the load, so full extraction can be hard.

This is probably also why it fucking excels at being on a bubbler. The water pieces help us get that last bit out with powerful draws. I imagine a little more conduction would do it as well.

I hit this last night on my Pokeball bubbler and it really is perfect. It might be the perfect glass companion for convection vapor!
How would you compare CFV vapor thickness and quality to the VXL Evo? I don't NEED portable convection water filtered extraction (most of all my work doesn't need it) but I know you love the CFX as well, and that's the best conduction vape for water I ever used.

Evo is amazing but the reloading can be annoying and I don't always want to keep a desktop on.

Is the CFV able to extract .1-.2 in 2-3 bubbler pulls ?

YungLeaner,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
How would you compare CFV vapor thickness and quality to the VXL Evo? I don't NEED portable convection water filtered extraction (most of all my work doesn't need it) but I know you love the CFX as well, and that's the best conduction vape for water I ever used.

Evo is amazing but the reloading can be annoying and I don't always want to keep a desktop on.

Is the CFV able to extract .1-.2 in 2-3 bubbler pulls ?

What temps do you like to use?

stickstones,

b0

Cloudy...
My kinda guy! I'll give that a go and get back to you. Won't be until tomorrow at the earliest.

Just curious, do you have any crafty/mighty capsules to try to use like in the video I posted? Seriously thinking about buying some and give it a try :)

b0,

b0

Cloudy...
Not sure what the video was showing. The hair on the back of his hands? Doc

Here you can see it, it's just how to use the crafty/mighty capsules on the CFV:

Edit: Arg the site doesn't let me share the video starting when I want, just go to the minute 4:46 of the video

I can give that a run. Basically if you remove the ring from the bowl you can replace it with a dosing capsule with or without the lid. I don't see the point without the lid, so it looks like this might give us some more conduction. I can give this a try as well.

I for one am looking forward to your feedback on this possible technique.

ChooChooCharlie

Don't want to start a "C" word debate...but...my afternoon drinking has led me here, admiring the creative use of capsules. I really don't think a "C" word is involved. Just attended a short seminar given by Professor Smirnoff, and he prefers the magical explanation by way of the number 33. 33 holes in base and 33 holes in lid. Twice the secret society numerology fun. He said the hot air gets divided and turbulent 33 magical ways, able to penetrate the capsule's herbal load, like pressing the sprayer button on your kitchen faucet. When I tried to make a video to help explain this principle, my Mighty got soaked in the sink. Then I dozed off.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Got my CFV Today and love how it looks (red) and how it feels.

Have a couple questions:
1- How did you guys get rid of the weird factory smell considering it's a convection unit?
2- My unit came with the old white o ring on the MP, I'm going to look back thru this thread for the right size I need to get but Is that the only difference between the old and new MP?

Alegre,

b0

Cloudy...
Got my CFV Today and love how it looks (red) and how it feels.

Have a couple questions:
1- How did you guys get rid of the weird factory smell considering it's a convection unit?
2- My unit came with the old white o ring on the MP, I'm going to look back thru this thread for the right size I need to get but Is that the only difference between the old and new MP?

I just got my new unit from Puffitup and the oring is white too, aren't those the right ones? :shrug:

b0,
Reactions: Alegre

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I just got my new unit from Puffitup and the oring is white too, aren't those the right ones? :shrug:

the o-ring is still white, but the right size now.

I'm uploading a video, but the dosing capsules are not the answer.

Ok mine are the white ones but it's got real bad air leaks....my cfv came straight from boundless so i don't know.

Are they using a #10 o ring still?

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ok mine are the white ones but it's got real bad air leaks....my cfv came straight from boundless so i don't know.

Don't sweat any internal air leaks you find. It's the mouthpiece leak that was the killer. If you're getting vapor with the mouthpiece on at 400+ you're good to go. I fixed the mouthpiece on all my early model versions and they worked fine regardless of the internal issues.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Don't sweat any internal air leaks you find. It's the mouthpiece leak that was the killer. If you're getting vapor with the mouthpiece on at 400+ you're good to go. I fixed the mouthpiece on all my early model versions and they worked fine regardless of the internal issues.
Thanks! I'll try it tonight.....I still need to get rid of the factory smell, mine is very strong.

Edit- I just finished my second full battery cycle worth of burn offs....blowing air from both the top and bottom of the unit, still smells. I'm dying to get it vaping but not until the smell it's gone...or at least most of it.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The dosing capsule ended up absorbing more heat and didn't conduct to anything. The abv came out greener and the hits were wispier. The load size was 0.116 grams and I can fully extract a bowl in two big ass hits if I stir between them.

The video is 7 minutes long and you're basically looking at my monitor during the whole thing, so I figured I'd just tell you.

ohmygodimsohigh

Using the dosing capsules in the CFV/Swift didn't make anything amazing for me.
I had tried it a few months ago. The best use for that capsule in the CFV is right-side-up as a replacement for the wooden ring. Drop in a firefly 2 concentrate pad and a dollop of wax, now the CFV handles concentrates.

But it's still takes forever.

Top Bottom