Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Have you figured out where the screen goes to alleviate the issue?
No/Yes...the manual does not explain where the screen goes. One of the other reviewers was kind enough to explain where it goes (on TOP of the screen stem) but it was difficult for ME top place it and felt I might break it if I tried
nice pics, wake! I never got that dirty except when my oil popped when I misused it. A very thin layer of cotton on top of the bowl takes cleaning out of the equation, if you are so inclined.
I will give that a try, because my stem started collecting particles after the first use. I am currently using it as my only vape , because I want to know everything about it and its limits

Hexi

Lol...okay 'knocking' a stanger on the internet is so original...
The reason why I chose not to clean it is because I wanted to see how it would clean after heavy use as well as see if being dirty would have a negative effect on the device (like with the pax) I actually talk about it pages ago (but who reads the whole thread anyway?) I will post some pictures of the bowl a little later too...its mainly around the nub in the bottom and discoloration around the sides...
And Dreamerr...what gets it gunked up is the holes in the screen take in all fine partices and trap them in the stem, so its plant material and vapor resin... when nigel was asking about making extracts with iso, that was another reason i was reluctant.
...It was mainly from flowers though havent used concentrates since i started using that stem
But thats why i have been saying it needs minimal grinds, it started gunking for ME aftet the first use

mod note: edited to fix broken quote tags. You can do this yourself you know.

Thanks for the pics, keep em coming.

I lulzd @ people panicking because of the resin etc... I mean seriously people, he is hooking us up with TESTS and EVIDENCE of those tests, no need to clutch pearls and ride high horses over it.

"This is what the airway will look like after 2 weeks of X,Y Z" is exactly the point of the internet! This kinda thing is great, keep it coming. The demos and such are nice, but real users in the real world actually using real flowers ... you can't really beat that in terns of pre-product info.

The more tests, and results, and stress tests, and smash tests, and gunk tests and endurance tests etc.. upside down, high altitude, low altitude, high air pressure, low air pressure, zero gravity, under water, in a vacuum... here's what happens when you blow into the stem... here's what happens if you put in a bunch of hash but no oil can.... anything informative can be useful

Like how about a video of opening and closing the latch 500x, or here is how many ppi it takes to snap off the bottom...

Lazarus

Thanks for the pics, keep em coming.

I lulzd @ people panicking because of the resin etc... I mean seriously people, he is hooking us up with TESTS and EVIDENCE of those tests, no need to clutch pearls and ride high horses over it.

"This is what the airway will look like after 2 weeks of X,Y Z" is exactly the point of the internet! This kinda thing is great, keep it coming. The demos and such are nice, but real users in the real world actually using real flowers ... you can't really beat that in terns of pre-product info.

The more tests, and results, and stress tests, and smash tests, and gunk tests and endurance tests etc.. upside down, high altitude, low altitude, high air pressure, low air pressure, zero gravity, under water, in a vacuum... here's what happens when you blow into the stem... here's what happens if you put in a bunch of hash but no oil can.... anything informative can be useful

Like how about a video of opening and closing the latch 500x, or here is how many ppi it takes to snap off the bottom...

I 100% agree the more information that's out there the better. And I thought that his test was great and informative. Keep them coming. I would also like to see some size comparisons.

Last edited:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Wake that makes no sense. If it goes on top of the screened stem then it will in between that one and the one that slides. That can't work on a the regular and it will still also leave that bottom stem a mess. The reviewer was guessing I believe anyhow. I think we need a better answer as it needs to be first in the path between the herb and the glass screen...think solo screen placement.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Wake that makes no sense. If it goes on top of the screened stem then it will in between that one and the one that slides. That can't work on a the regular and it will still also leave that bottom stem a mess. The reviewer was guessing I believe anyhow. I think we need a better answer as it needs to be first in the path between the herb and the glass screen...think solo screen placement.
I was thinkin the same thing...screen between the flower and glass screen...OR, like Stiks does, use cotton! Also, when using fine grinds, a screen or swab of cotton to line the bottom of the ceramic bowl.

Medical Mark

Hey all I was wondering could some one who has a Ascent tell me how big the opening of the glass stem screen is in mm and then measure the glass stem mouth piece and tell me how wide it isn't mm.
I was reading vaporreviewblog there review of the ascent with the clasp and they show a detailed pic of the stems I side each other.
There's a little space and I want to know there sizes and the amount of difference in mm if possible?
That would be awesome sticks, wake, DV, THR could some let me know thanks.
Medical mark

Medical Mark,

Dreamerr

Snappo, the only way I can see it going, but it would be a real pain in the ass, is shoving all the way down the tube to sit on top of the glass screen and that would work perfect. How to get it in or out is a whole other story. May I suggest a long needle, ssv poker comes to mind or a bamboo stick.

Dreamerr,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Snappo, the only way I can see it going, but it would be a real pain in the ass, is shoving all the way down the tube to sit on top of the glass screen and that would work perfect. How to get it in or out is a whole other story. May I suggest a long needle, ssv poker comes to mind or a bamboo stick.
I believe that's what they mean for us to do. It's not so much to keep the glass clean just to stop the fine particulate from getting in our mouths.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

Well I agree so why isn't anyone doing the screen that way then lol?

Dreamerr,

Medical Mark

I wonder if the glass mouth piece and screen would fit a small high temp o-ring like that on a tip of a mouth piece.
You could slip it onto the male glass piece and insert it into the female screen piece to make a complete seal.
This would be to see if the glass path looses air along the glass air path, like some would suggest in the past.
Just a thought for the skeptics out there, this might solve this problem if it actually exists.
I might try this just to check out wills theory about the stems and leaking air.
Medical mark

Medical Mark,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Wake that makes no sense. If it goes on top of the screened stem then it will in between that one and the one that slides. That can't work on a the regular and it will still also leave that bottom stem a mess.
Agreed. I think thats why the cotton layer might not be a bad idea and if you pushed the screens down the tube to cover the holes...you would have to cover all 4 holes to prevent material from coming through and the screens are the same size as the big circle ones for the original dv...not that easy.
The ideal solution would be an oval shaped glass screen with nubs to help block materials from coming through... until then cotton it is (once I find some appropriate for the task)
I might try this just to check out wills theory about the stems and leaking air.
IMO there is no evidence to support wills theory...I have experienced no 'EXTRA' Air. the airpath extends from the grill to mouthpiece, so the amount of air you get depends on draw speed...and will was drawing so hard and fast that it made the device whistle! The screen-stem fits into a seal that stops any additional air getting in from the bowl...the mouthpeice-stem fits into a seal from the top of the device, the only extra air would be coming from the middle of the device, which is highly unlikely because its solid (no holes) that the reasons the stems dont touch is because inside the device, there are seals to hold them in place (to recap)
I would do the millimeter measurment for you but but I dont have the steady hand or equipment to pull off the maneuver...lol
In addition this is some pics of the hard to clean inner area of the bowl, its around the nub that sticks out for the oil jar...any cleaning suggestions would be welcomed

smokie

For wake and vape! I would use alcohol swab, the sort they use to wash skin before an injection and a qtip or toothpic to push it with. How I keep my solo looking brand new. Hope it helps

thesoloman

You should grab a dental pick it'll scrape that right out of your bowl something like this
pickset.jpg

Edit why doesn't someone who have a pool take the glass stem out and tape the 4 holes, then jump into a pool and blow into the stem and see if any air leaks out? if it does then air leaks between the two stem parts.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I forgot to mention I used cotton swabs cotton ball, a needle, salt and iso to attemp the clean. I was thinking dental picks also but was a little concerned if it would damage the glass lining?

WakeAndVape,

OF

Edit why doesn't someone who have a pool take the glass stem out and tape the 4 holes, then jump into a pool and blow into the stem and see if any air leaks out? if it does then air leaks between the two stem parts.

Since they come with spares, and you can slip one inside the other without the unit couldn't you do this test (tape the four holes and see if it draws/leaks at the connection without the Ascent? And save the jump in the pool for another time?

My guess is there's a leak there, but a modest one compared to the low resistance through the large holes and load?

OF

OF,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'm sure the stems leak when out of the unit. But when in the unit they are sealed at both ends which would close the air path. So if they are leaking its only the little bit of air that's trapped in the internals which is sealed at both ends. I really think this is a non issue.

Dreamerr

wake wtf the screens are round...now that is just well no comment. I would love if dv shows us a pic where they thought it should go.

I forgot who said it, maybe herbal review...this beats the solo really how? It seems like it has issues that we were able to fix with the solo.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Krizzle
Top Bottom