Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

OF

If your really concidering using cotton or screen, I just put up a lil diy info in the vaping with cotton thread that may be appicable to your needs. I would be interested to see if a ss wick would help improve the oil jar performance.

I'd be a little careful here. Much of the cotton thread out there has small levels of plastics in it for strength. Several of the spools in my sewing machine drawer are like this. I used some day before yesterday, in fact. And many of the dyes used are not the sort of things you want to breathe in.

Not to mention sizing and other stuff added to it to make it run through machines easier and cleaner.

I recommend sticking with pure cotton.
Anybody see this yet?

I just did, thanks for posting the link. So that's the much discussed latch? It sure looks to me like the top end of the C part (on the left) is begging to get snagged and broken off when the door is swung open and you're messing it loading/unloading?

Wow. Better with it than without I guess. It also looks to me like an o-ring in the upper part? If so that and the latch should seal pretty well you'd think?

OF

Last edited:

salivape

salivape,
Reactions: ehakim

poonman

Hey everyone, I've been spying on this tread for a while, just thought I'd post a link to a review of what looks like the final version:

http://www.vaporreviewblog.com/get-...-with-our-ascent-by-davinci-vaporizer-review/

Welcome to FC , TNS

Yes TNS beat you to it .
It looks good .
That would take more than a few days to implement on the new versions . imo

edit ;
I'm talking about the clasp .

Last edited:
poonman,

JoeKickass

Does that not ruin the GonG aspect though? If air was escaping from round he bowl then surely it will now come into contact with the rubber/ plastic?
Nah the seal is well away from the bowl, and if it doesn't leak there won't be significant airflow near the o ring, still should taste like 100% glass..

JoeKickass,
Reactions: salivape

poonman

No! Had seen the clasp but hadn't seen the seal! Nice find. So its just a rubber seal around the bowl rather than around the unit itself. Cool!

Does that not ruin the GonG aspect though? If air was escaping from round he bowl then surely it will now come into contact with the rubber/ plastic?

If the vapor is Escaping Out from the unit , that would be ok .
But if it gets mixed in with the inhaled vapors , then I think you have a point .

poonman,
Reactions: salivape

vape4health

Unless I'm way confused the air was entering above the bowl before the seal was added diluting the vapor, now the seal causes ALL air to be drawn thru the bowl. Sounds like a good thing to me. Your still pulling air from the area around the unit so any material used in the build *could* end up in the vapor but I agree that seal is now part of the vapor path.

vape4health,

poonman

I thought , I saw a vid where the user blew vapors out the other end of the Ascent .
VST , I think , but I could be confused too .

poonman,
Reactions: Kaptan

farscaper

To OF in regards to cotton because my phone is jacking up the quote feture.

Agreed, cotton would be a risk. I guess I should have clarified. I was suggesting the use of stainless steel mesh screen with a high mesh count to create a wick. The discussion just happened to be in the vaping with cotton thread cause I dont really suggest using cotton IMO.

sorry for the cloudy suggestion.

mod note: @farscaper, if you want to call someone's attention to a post without quoting, you can use the new tagging feature just as I did here. Typing @ followed by the member name causes an alert unless the member has turned off that particular alert, which no one should.

Last edited by a moderator:

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
On vapor review blog he mentions that the display on the ascent is very bright. I didn't even think about this but this could make the unit much less discreet at night or at events like concerts. There is no way to adjust the brightness is there?

http://www.vaporreviewblog.com/get-...-with-our-ascent-by-davinci-vaporizer-review/
How about something like this?

http://www.lightdims.com

I've also had success with removable car window tint for other electronics.

Anyone know the dimensions of the LCD screen?

salivape

If the vapor is Escaping Out from the unit , that would be ok .
But if it gets mixed in with the inhaled vapors , then I think you have a point .

I don't see that vapour would have been escaping pre vapour seal, more like outside air being sucked in, I wasn't clear on that, my bad. I'd imagine the suction from the mouthpiece would be enough to stop any vapour escaping. As long as the seal is completely airtight then the vapour shouldn't even come into contact with it. Well, maybe some but not on the inhale at least. I'm sure DV have it all worked out.. Hopefully.

Last edited:
salivape,
Reactions: Snappo

QuicksilveR

How about something like this?

http://www.lightdims.com

I've also had success with removable car window tint for other electronics.

Anyone know the dimensions of the LCD screen?

So that's like a sticker we would have to put on top? Because sometimes you would want the brightness, esp during the day. Would have been nice to have a way to adjust the brightness on the oled screen.

QuicksilveR,

Lazarus

You could cover the screen with your hand... I know its not a fix or anything but once its set up to change temps by itself you will not have to use the screen much.:2c:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
When all is said and done, Ascent in hand for a while - glass-on-glass dogma relaxed, I'll bet that folks here will finally take a real shine to using cotton and/or ss screens - just like we do with our Solo's and other great vapes. SS screens and 100% cotton do not off gas at these low temps. And not only do cotton and screen keep debris out of our stems and heater air holes, they help to regulate conduction/convection ratios to suit our very specific requirements. Cotton is great for sandwiching and oils! No reason not to use them...and love em too! Just my experienced opinion JMEO. To all my friends here...be well...go forth and prosper:cheers:.

p.s. - i miss nigel and sticks. 2 FC greats!!!

Last edited:
Snappo,

wallpaper

Well, cancelled my InhXP order and pre-ordered the Ascent. Super excited about it.

My concern about the ss screen is scratching of the bowl.

wallpaper,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Maybe it's because of the lighting in your pic .
But your stain looks ' greyish ' , not like brownish resin stains . imo .
that was the lighting, its dark brown....damn galaxy...should have got an iphone
Then the question is what is in that bottom part because if nothing you can submerge it in iso:huh: I wouldn't listen to me:bang:
I dont think I submersion would work because of the holes, I
it would be cool if they had a alcohol/salt mix that was thicker almost like toothpaste, then you could just brush the corners or it could s without spreading
You could cover the screen with your hand... I know its not a fix or anything but once its set up to change temps by itself you will not have to use the screen much.:2c:
Thats what i do, until they release a version with a dimmer, thats my simple fix...i just place the screen side into the palm of my hand

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Dreamerr

viciouselbow

Can somebody who has a hold of the Ascent please do a temperature test to determine how accurate the temperature settings are? I don't know if it's possible, but it would be greatly appreciated by many who require specific temperatures for consumption.

rsqemt911

Can somebody who has a hold of the Ascent please do a temperature test to determine how accurate the temperature settings are? I don't know if it's possible, but it would be greatly appreciated by many who require specific temperatures for consumption.
I have a digital infrared heat gun that as soon as mine comes in I will play with. Goes up to 500*f so it should cover my bases.

It's a Craftsman one. I picked it up at sears just for that purpose. It's small And cheap so I don't know how accurate it is compared to scientific ones.

OF

I have a digital infrared heat gun that as soon as mine comes in I will play with.

It's a Craftsman one. I picked it up at sears just for that purpose.

Have you tried it on vapes you know? I have 3 such gadgets, all accurate in the right conditions IMO. I trust them (and have 2 for some time, the third is fairly new but neat in that if focuses on a .1 inch area half an inch or so out). None of them give me 'realistic' readings on vapes I trust. Typically reporting 250 to 350F, give or take.

I'm inclined to think the traditional empirical evidence (color, taste, and residual THC) are more reliable measures of performance.

I'm most interested in your experience here, please keep us posted? TIA

OF

rsqemt911

Have you tried it on vapes you know? I have 3 such gadgets, all accurate in the right conditions IMO. I trust them (and have 2 for some time, the third is fairly new but neat in that if focuses on a .1 inch area half an inch or so out). None of them give me 'realistic' readings on vapes I trust. Typically reporting 250 to 350F, give or take.

I'm inclined to think the traditional empirical evidence (color, taste, and residual THC) are more reliable measures of performance.

I'm most interested in your experience here, please keep us posted? TIA

OF
I haven't really played with it much. Tried to get a reading on my solo but I couldn't get the beam down there while I was drawing.

I'll try it on my extreme though next time I use.

And the Ascent .....

(Sorry had to put it back in perspective )

rsqemt911,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom